Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice (35606 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / POS Operator Receives Fake Bundles Of Money From A Customer / I Mistakenly Raped 4-Year-Old Girl – Suspect In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by omoadeleye(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

Kindly advice as your suggestions will go a long way in solving this case.

You Bleep up when you used Opay, since you carried the transaction through Opay, chat with Opay customer support first
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by opera1(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
illicit:

The police report and the court order can be gotten in hours

Not easy and free to get unless he's ready to spend more than half of the transfered money.

The best and the easiest thing to do is to continue to beg the customer to follow him to his bank for clarification.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Lightorder: 1:16pm On May 04, 2022
LutherSanchez:
You have to beg him again to go to his bank.
begging him to go to the bank how? The fellow knows already that he was credited twice
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Dazall: 1:17pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need your help in sorting out a transaction I did. On the 25th of April, 2022 I did a transfer to a first bank account which didn't go as a result of bad network from the bank. Later that day, I tried the transaction a second time and it was now successful.

When it was time for me to go home, I did my balancing and discovered that I was having shortage. So I did a review of my days transaction and I discovered that the initial transaction later went. Meaning that the customer got credited twice.

I called my bank to confirm the transaction and I was told that both transaction were successful. I then called the customer who now claimed that he only got credited for once.

I told him to check his app, he replied that he doesn't use an android phone. I then told him to go to his bank to get his bank statement, his reply was that he doesn't have time to go to his bank.

Please guys, how do I solve this case? Is there a way I can go to first bank to get evidence that the money is in the customers account? And is it possible for me to get a police report in other to go to first bank to get evidence?

OP you don't have a problem here, now let me show you my little secret in solving this kind of problems.

Go to the transaction receipt of the transfer and report the transaction as unauthorized transaction. That customers account will be frozen until he/she responds to the query.

Once you report the bank account just relax, that customer will call you. I do that alot for those who will post beautiful stuffs online for sale only to send rubbish grin grin grin

That is the beauty of transfer if you know your way you can't lose your money.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by pappilo(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2022
Born2Breed:
Why are people always dishonest? Receiving money twice then denying it.

There must be a proper channel to address this issue.

Experts on NL, please your advice is needed.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Frontpage material.

Exactly. Pure evil and wickedness. And they will be the loudest ones complaining about bad leaders and all. Its not even a life changing amount that you'd could kind of understand the temptation.

I have made this mistake before. During my dad's funeral I paid a food vendor N400,000 twice and made a donation of N130,000 to the church twice. Guess which one of them paid me back ASAP once I raised the issue?

Na fight before I see the other amount collect from the ones you'd least expect to hang on to your money.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by MtDave55: 1:23pm On May 04, 2022
Since you have called the person and he is not willing to assist you in recovery your money back, go to the person's bank and beg the customer care of the bank to invite the person.
Also you can lodge complain of the trasansaction to your financial institution from your business app, also seek the aid of POS association of your locality if you're a member with their connection you will definitely recover your money back.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 04, 2022
that's Y I use USSD Than APP, network issues and when I do trf and network is aving issues I wait for 1hr to 2hrs before I do another of course after checking account balance but op u re lucky u knw d person and he still picks ur calls to tell u he's busy to go to bank, Op I advice u that u lure him with 1,000 to helping u retrieve ur money
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Born2Breed(f): 1:25pm On May 04, 2022
Emaprince:
Nigerians are very wicked and too opportunistic. When it comes to issues of money, that saint will become a two faced devil...speaking from both sides of his mouth.

I have had my own share of transferring to wrong accounts and double transfers . .In all these cases, the beneficiaries will either withdraw the money immediately ( if its a wrong transfer) or claim he or she wasn't credited twice ( if its double transfer). If I know the beneficiary, he or she will either start avoiding me or promising that he will...he will... until thy kingdom come, they won't do anything. I am usually too busy to be pursuing them around..and not interested in police because those ones will even charge pass the amount in question..cos its been 15k 25k 20k etc. The biggest was when I sent 75000 instead of 7500.. and the beneficiary disappeared from my sight ever since.

As I am typing, I received a credit alert of 50k around 2:39am on Thursday morning. I do not know who sent it. I waited on that day to see if any one will call or come to me for it. I went to a GTB branch on Friday to notify them..but there were too many customers so I had to leave. Its been public holiday since then. Now I am planning to go back tomorrow as there will be too many people in the bank today. I just want them to withdraw it in case they get a complaint from anyone.

That type of money is not actually what I am interested in.

You are one of the few upright ones and your kindness will be rewarded by the Almighty.

The same attitude is what the borrowers are using to discourage lenders, who are always there for them when financial assistance is needed most.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Miracle2022: 1:26pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

I pleaded with him, but he said he cannot go to his bank because he is very busy.
I have the printed receipt.
carry all evidence go to court,they will write and authoritative letter requesting the bank to debit from the customer account and refund to your account.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 04, 2022
euwajeh:
Yea it can be gotten in hours but mind u it will not be worked on until it gets to the legal department of the bank. If it is the same bank it is easier but if it is another bank it takes time because of corresponding bank. Mind you all banks has procedure on handling the issue.
Not that easy as you think....

I had similar experience from Access bank to GTB and it's 3 months now, I'm yet to get my money back

He will need court order and court will charge 10% of the money
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by therajah: 1:30pm On May 04, 2022
Go to icpc to report the guy.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2022
The guy (Customer) is a THIEF.
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by harmony75: 1:32pm On May 04, 2022
The guy's a thief how much is it that will finish!? Try getting your money and keep all your records to that effects!

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by NaijaCopy(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2022
Lol. Just 2 weeks ago, someone credited me #30K twice and alerted me. I didn't even know any money had been paid. The creditor (lives in Abuja) called to let me (I stay in Lagos) know of the error. I confirmed and transferred back #30K. All done in 2 minutes and I sent a screenshot.

How hard can these things be!!

I remember a completely random person credited my airtime and then called to beg me to send it back. I could sense the feeling of hopelessness in his voice as he was seriously pleading before I could even say a word. It felt funny to me. Why will I not send it back? I sent back pronto and he called back to thank me profusely.

Hmmm... Na wa for the average Nigerian o.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by VEHINTOLAR: 1:37pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

I pleaded with him, but he said he cannot go to his bank because he is very busy.

You should know that he knew that he was credited twice and that's why he is reluctant to go to the bank. If he is unyielding to your pleas still,you may have to involve the police.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by chukwuibuipob: 1:38pm On May 04, 2022
sad he doesn't have time to go to bank/have android phone" lame and thief excuse. How I wish SARS still dey.Go to FBN and report him.They'll call him.And if he refused wic if impossible, report to EFCC.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Kyrestas: 1:39pm On May 04, 2022
Call Police for Him,
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Obiworld2020: 1:44pm On May 04, 2022
Please can you help me with the same process you followed?? I have similar issues and mine is 140k since August 2020, I've gone to court and court has froze the person's account, I mean the account that I paid the money to, but unfortunately the person stopped using the account, meanwhile, he has more than enough money in his other account and has refused to pay me my money, with the excuse that I freeze his account, therefore he will not pay me..... please how can I get his bvn and how can I recover my money, I have all the evidence intact!!! Please anyone with useful information should help me.....am ready to pay for any assistance!!
euwajeh:
I had similar experience in 2018. But my was a big amount of cash it took More than 2yrs before I got my complete money because the customer stop using the account. But i have to involve icpc,efcc,cbn . Before the customer BVN was flagged.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by kokomilala(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2022
The guy is trying to be funny. The money is with him. If both transactions were successful, then it's either he doesn't want to refund it, or, let's give him the benefit of the doubt- he's not seen the alert. But, I'll go with the first- he doesn't want to return it.
You can print out the transaction bill and report him at any police station. This is like a financial crime.
I was once in a similar situation last year. I transferred 115,000 for a project to someone. Initially, bad network made it difficult to process it. But in the end, it was successful. The following day I called him to ask about it. He denied ever receiving any alert. He didn't steal the money. But he never checked his phone messages. We had to go to a POS point and spent N1500 to withdraw the money. At this point, he looked stupid, because he had been too sure I didn't transfer the money.
In this tech age,no money transferred can grow wings and disappear into thing air. Forensic investigation will ferret it out. I think that guy is just stupidly greedy.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Bluebeach: 1:45pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Getting your money is sure. I work in a financial institution so I will tell you what to do. Go to your bank tell them you were debited two times for a transaction you did because your first payment showed unsuccessful so you transferred the money again only to go back to your bank app payment history and discovered you were debited twice. Now what you have to tell them is you want to call back the money that the person you paid to have refused to refund back the money. Your bank will then send an email to his back to freeze his account. I can’t talk much here but you don’t even need a police or lawyer. The earlier yo go to your bank the better

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Obiworld2020: 1:50pm On May 04, 2022
How do I go about it bro!! I have similar case!!!
therajah:
Go to icpc to report the guy.
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by PROPEACE: 1:56pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:

I hope you have been recording your conversations. There must be an evidence that you were supposed to pay him once but did so twice. Let it be on record that he acknowledged the bolded, because that rogue can later claim you were supposed to make two payments like you did. Before resorting to confrontation, get all your facts right.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2022
From your app you should check for place to fill erroneous transfer, then get a police report to back your claim up, take that report to your bank and lay a formal complain. The bank should be able to block the receiver's account and refund your money directly from his bank
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Jaqenhghar: 1:58pm On May 04, 2022
Born2Breed:
Why are people always dishonest? Receiving money twice then denying it.

There must be a proper channel to address this issue.

Experts on NL, please your advice is needed.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Frontpage material.
The banks are the best people to handle these things but you know nah.......
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by RillJ(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2022
1. Plead with the customer for a refund.

2. Notify your bank (Fraud Desk) of the 'erroneous transfer and request for a refund of one of the transfers.
2.a: Your bank is obligated to notify the receiving bank and request for a refund.

3. Report to the Police (If the above fails). Its unlawful conversion and stealing.

I hope you get refunded asap.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Levels1(m): 2:00pm On May 04, 2022
Since you claim you have pleaded with the customer and he's proving so difficult, the cheapest option you are having now is to go to the nearest police station closer to your outlet and make a report. Certainly it will cost you mobilization fee and thereafter he will be invited and your statement of account will be shown to him. From there, he will cooperate etc.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by swtedy(m): 2:05pm On May 04, 2022
kindly go to your bank with proof of payment and your bank will contact the persons bank and put a restriction on the account. whenever he wants to withdraw or do any transaction, he will not be able till he go to his bank. Then he will be told the reasons why his account was restricted. omo he will credit you before it can use that account. Just pray the money still dey him account. Best of luck
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Born2Breed(f): 2:07pm On May 04, 2022
pappilo:

Exactly. Pure evil and wickedness. And they will be the loudest ones complaining about bad leaders and all. Its not even a life changing amount that you'd could kind of understand the temptation.

I have made this mistake before. During my dad's funeral I paid a food vendor N400,000 twice and made a donation of N130,000 to the church twice. Guess which one of them paid me back ASAP once I raised the issue?

Na fight before I see the other amount collect from the ones you'd least expect to hang on to your money.

Hahahahahaha!!!! grin grin grin grin

I know. Them go start sermon on how some give twice and got blessed twice,. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by herbert2017: 2:13pm On May 04, 2022
Quickly report to the recipient bank
Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Realdeals(m): 2:14pm On May 04, 2022
First confirm if your bank sent the two payment and if the receiver got both? If he only got one, go to your bank and it will be resolved.
However, If the person got both, tell him it was a mistake and demand a refund, if he refused, go tough on him, he's a cheat and fraudulent.
Flight90:

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 04, 2022
Lightorder:
begging him to go to the bank how? The fellow knows already that he was credited twice
of course i know buh It's called giving someone d benefit of the doubt. If he dosen't consent,then op can involve d cops

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice by phemmyfour: 2:21pm On May 04, 2022
Flight90:
Hello Nairalanders,

Carry soldier go him place, e go vomit the money asap. That's how I treat liars like him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Schoolgirl Flogged In Ilorin, Leg Infected Over School Fees. Photos / NDLEA Intercepts Drugs Concealed In Statue Of Mary, Auto Spare Parts / 16-Year-Old Mother Joins Prostitution In Bauchi After Forced Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.