Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments (48480 Views)

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. / Kwara Blue Eyes Family: Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami Speaks "My Husband Abandoned Us" / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by InformationTV: 11:36pm On May 05, 2022
englishmart:
A woman lamented on social media about how her husband abandoned her relatives after paying an extortionate fee of 580k as bride price.

Do you think the man was right?

https://www./npowernigeria/permalink/1952585794915209/

See reactions

For Sale She Was.

Women have the right to Educate Their Fathers about Their Bride Price.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Opirlo: 11:45pm On May 05, 2022
What are u talking about when they've paid them there gratuity. Which pension are u asking for again my sister?
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by tightpussy156: 11:49pm On May 05, 2022
See your husband does not owe your family a dime.let your family go and work stop been lazy.you women as taken marriage to be business were the man labour so hard you collect money from him for everything.throwh all your family problem to him.A woman.suppose to protect her husband not gossip him.extort money from him all in the name of marriage.see women you alway use your hands to spoil your home.Who quote me saying truth hug transformer.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by IDIOTmoderators: 12:14am On May 06, 2022
In the first instance is your husband supposed to be responsible for your family?

1 Like

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Dipville(m): 12:19am On May 06, 2022
englishmart:
Is she goods and services? How could you pay that much for (a most likely) liability?

Not a most likely, but an obvious one. The husband took too much risk
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by lokho(m): 12:32am On May 06, 2022
Before nko
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Kobojunkie: 12:50am On May 06, 2022
InformationTV:
For Sale She Was.

Women have the right to Educate Their Fathers about Their Bride Price.
Why aren't men to educate their fathers of pretty much the same? undecided
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On May 06, 2022
Believing:
Sometimes I wonder who came up with this exorbitant bride price idea
Men who actually believe their daughters are in fact liabilities to be sold as property when the time comes? undecided

1 Like

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Nyascobar1414: 1:11am On May 06, 2022
milkySperm:
Such a man is not a serious husband material. How much is 580k in naira that he would avoid/ignore gis in-laws?
If he was not ready to marry wife, why did he commit himself?

And to those supporting the man, I don't get why a young lady would undergo all the home and school training in her father's house, and someone would expect the family to just dash her out without some serious commitment from the suitor.

ah dey find plank wey ah go wata dat ya head.. Mumu..

Na only virgin deserve bride price.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Nyascobar1414: 1:16am On May 06, 2022
As I dey here so.. I cant take care of any womans parents oo.. Na only ma parents dey my eye so...

Shaa who dey marry sef..

2 Likes

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by InformationTV: 1:18am On May 06, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why aren't men to educate their fathers of pretty much the same? undecided

Of course.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by shantti(m): 1:45am On May 06, 2022
milkySperm:
Such a man is not a serious husband material. How much is 580k in naira that he would avoid/ignore gis in-laws?

And to those supporting the man, I don't get why a young lady would undergo all the home and school training in her father's house, and someone would expect the family to just dash her out without some serious commitment from the suitor.

The man too was trained and sent to school by his parents, what did the girl spent to receive such a high quality husband

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by ednut1(m): 2:23am On May 06, 2022
Lol he did well hahahaha
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by advanceDNA: 2:25am On May 06, 2022
milkySperm:

u sounding as if the man was not born by parents that also spent money to train him

...both family are doing each other a favour by giving out their son and daughter to marry...nobody should be exploited or told to pay becos marriage involve so much more after the ceremony ....

a son in law is supposed to become family and shouldn't be treated like a transaction .... we are just hiding under culture to exploit people

now that's he's treating the girls family like a transaction too...u come dey para... the guy no owe dem anything...his responsibility is to care for his wife and kids...

2 Likes

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by MacANDIES: 2:42am On May 06, 2022
englishmart:
Is she goods and services? How could you pay that much for (a most likely) liability?

Better liability.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by nick50(m): 3:03am On May 06, 2022
No be person force u go mbaise

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Nobody: 3:16am On May 06, 2022
Some inlaws use marriage as poverty alleviation scheme. May God no let me jam such no matter how sweet the girl is.. nonsense people
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Ten06(m): 4:13am On May 06, 2022
He is right. They have collected their share.
Let them reap the benefits of their greed
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Pharaohny: 4:37am On May 06, 2022
Your Family are mad
Sorry oooo
Not sorry rather
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by SmileDance(f): 4:58am On May 06, 2022
Believing:
Sometimes I wonder who came up with this exorbitant bride price idea
it's another form of slavery sis, the woman was bought and paid for like a slave and she still has mouth to talk. Rubbish
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by phemmyfour: 5:27am On May 06, 2022
Ussycool:
580K? Extortion kenan. Wicked inlaws
After collecting 580k...dey should face front. Wicked cultural/traditional practices
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Elidrisy20: 5:41am On May 06, 2022
That one no be him responsibility nau
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by afamaustin(m): 5:58am On May 06, 2022
Maybe in mbaise,not in Anambra
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by psucc(m): 5:58am On May 06, 2022
When I out pay ransone the to kidnapper do you always back to them?
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by aikyg(m): 6:13am On May 06, 2022
580k bride price is nothing but daylight robbery. Your family is wicked.
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by SeekerOfPekus: 6:14am On May 06, 2022
This is the main reason I can never marry a Nigerian hoe. These hoes are so useless and entitled. What is ny my business with your family after I marry u. Don't u have brothers to take xare of your useless wretched family?

1 Like

Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by Teymanhenry(f): 6:37am On May 06, 2022
When a man pays such huge bride price on our daughters, it's only obvious that he may feel cheated and may loose the respect he has for his brides parents
Re: "My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments by jrusky(m): 6:40am On May 06, 2022
Xscape1993:
Just 580k? Well, your brother should struggle for his own money too.

You said just 580k? To you Mr Dangote it could be nothing but to the man it might mean something ok.

Our problem is we that came from the "die hard bogus semi marital robbery dowry" region is that we hate correction and we believe we knows better than everyone that is why every nonsense we come on defense but if its other region that did such the Internet will be lock down from insults missiles.

Human being are not commodity to be placing price tag on in the name of marriage its greed absolute greed. Full stop.

The woman should sort herself out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.