Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,738 members, 7,809,828 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79306 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by xperiencelove(m): 6:35am On May 09, 2022
If there is high risk of losing so much money, it is actually from the bank. As will have some bad elements among the POS operators, we have so much more among those bank workers in the banking hall. That is why people says to every bank robbery there is always an insider that gave them out! Search from the Google how many Nigerian banks workers are on trial or prison for stealing customers funds. Even a female banker just recently stole close to 500m from her branch customers.
For record purpose, some of the bank workers are:
1. Oreoluwa Adesakin N49m, $368,203;
2. Judith Nneka Nwagwu N452,047,000
3. Ebenezer Adeolu Alone N21,000,000, N62,400 ...and many more. (Culled online)

As an IT professional, I always advise people to have at least two bank accounts. One for daily activities which they will be using on POS, ATMs, online subscriptions, eateries, supermarket, fuel station, etc and another one where they keep their huge savings.
On the second account, several limits and embargo can be place on it like 10k daily limit from ATM, no web and/or POS payment, no USSD transfer, activate mobile app if they want, etc just to secure their money and whenever they need fund from the account, they go to banking hall to make transfer.

Lot of bank workers are ally to these yahoo boys and many yahoo boys now open POS stands.

You can also advise your friend to cover the last 4 digits on his ATM card he will be using at POS stand with paper tape and also monitor the movement of the card when the card is with them.

We have so much fraudster as POS operators and bankers, so we have to guard our money with everything we can do.

I hope my advise will help somebody.

Poleski:

POS operator stole 300k from a friend. It might be convenient for you for now but you risk losing money in future.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Microwhy: 6:36am On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:
I own a Peugeot 307 and I tell for a fact that corrola doesn't come close to it. In terms of fuel economy, availability of spare parts, the 307 is top much. Nigerians are just wired to Corolla because of how they abuse vehicle. Every car is good. Maintenance is key to enjoying a car. I even laugh more when people compare Toyota to Peugeot 406. Have you asked yourself why they use 406 as pilot 1 for long distance journey? Enough of this Corolla madness.
I have used 406 coupé and also Prestige. The fuel economy and the AC is top notch.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by duality(m): 6:39am On May 09, 2022
sketcherJ:
which year please is it 2004 too?

No. I went for a neat w202 for peace of mind
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by duality(m): 6:40am On May 09, 2022
doggedfighter:

What year is the car?

I went for a neat w202 for peace of mind
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2022
Kfed4ril:

Manual or Auto?
I was advised to get a manual if I must get the older Peugeot cars.

I have seen people enjoying their Auto. The gearbox for auto is expensive around 200k+ that's why you hear people telling you to go for the manual. But if you can follow a good maintenance routine, am sure you will enjoy your auto. I drive the stick shift cos it's rugged actually.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 7:20am On May 09, 2022
nedekid:

If you can afford the Toyota, get it, it might cost a little more. But I assure you it is a better built car on the long run.
Forget that crap about peugeot being this and that, I have used from 404 pickup, 504, 505 salon and estate, 406, 206, Boxer truck and van.
Bros, hardly any model I have not used in my 33 years of driving, from Russian Lada to chrysler, Ford expedition to Ford iveco truck, Ford transit, to mecerdes, BMW 740 v8, Honda pilot, accord, Nissan pathfinder to sunny, Volvo, audi, Daewoo esperio, racer, hyundai nko, Chevrolet suburban etc.
Toyota nko, I run a fleet of school buses, infact we are phasing out all the other brand to keep only the Toyota coasters and hiace buses eg urvans (2013 models), Ford, peugeot we have gotten rid of.
For durability, reliability ( I did not say speed or luxury), Toyota is it. Last I used was a lexus 400 v8. Currently have a land cruiser v8.
Why do you think transporters use mainly siennas, hiace? Drive a peugeot or Nissan urban for 1 month where a hiace passes for 6 months, nobody will tell you the difference.
See, it just like you buy clippers for cutting your hair, one will work well for your sole use and not commercially, the other one is rugged commercial use.
My humble opinion though.

I can't use my 3m to buy a 2003 car when I can get a far better advanced car with improved technology for that amount. 19yrs old car for 3m is madness. No matter the toughness you claimed. And for the record, we still have Peugeot pickup truck available and most drivers I had discussions with gave me good experiences. Peugeot anytime anyday Sir.

5 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 7:23am On May 09, 2022
fujirice:

Like I said, yours may not be giving you stress.
Out of curiosity, how often do you change your gear box oil?

I change every 60days. And my metals sound nice because of that. I don't joke with oil cos that's the secret to a good sound engine.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by nedekid: 8:07am On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

I can't use my 3m to buy a 2003 car when I can get a far better advanced car with improved technology for that amount. 19yrs old car for 3m is madness. No matter the toughness you claimed. And for the record, we still have Peugeot pickup truck available and most drivers I had discussions with gave me good experiences. Peugeot anytime anyday Sir.
I feel you. Everyone with his preference.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by HRMK: 8:43am On May 09, 2022
ITS THE BEST CAR FOR A FRESHER OR STARTER IN LIFE!ITS STRONG, PORTABLE,RELIABLE AND IT HAS A GOOD SECOND HAND VALUE!I DONT THINK ANYONE CULD FAULT THAT PRICE TAG OF #3M FOR THE 2003 CAR!!

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Jojopikin85: 9:02am On May 09, 2022
Rinoxy:

haba now, u should have faced him direct instead of adding mama.
if u have nothing good to say about someone just read and jump and pass instead of insulting the person cos the reply u might get might be disastrous. And the fact is buying a Corolla overseas is more costlier than other cars like camry that's why when it gets to Nigeria the price is higher. Most people that commented that Corolla price is high , they don't even know the real value of how much it's been sold overseas before even adding shipping and clearing charges. You can get 2003 camry for $1700 but u can't get 2003 Corolla for that amount unless it is badly damaged or engine or gear is faulty.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by gevans(m): 9:06am On May 09, 2022
Blankstare:

I drive everyday, when I handled the car, definitely I was responsible for its maintenance. The corrolla is overhype, people just assume it's cheap maintenance equate low fuel consumption
Corolla is not cheap to maintain

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by doggedfighter(f): 9:21am On May 09, 2022
[quote author=duality post=11

I went for a neat w202 for peace of mind[/quote]

Does it have a Nigerian nickname,abeg
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Kfed4ril(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

I have seen people enjoying their Auto. The gearbox for auto is expensive around 200k+ that's why you hear people telling you to go for the manual. But if you can follow a good maintenance routine, am sure you will enjoy your auto. I drive the stick shift cos it's rugged actually.

Ok thanks
What about 407?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2022
Kfed4ril:

Ok thanks
What about 407?

Can't say much about 407 but 406, 307 I can.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 9:53am On May 09, 2022
HRMK:
ITS THE BEST CAR FOR A FRESHER OR STARTER IN LIFE!ITS STRONG, PORTABLE,RELIABLE AND IT HAS A GOOD SECOND HAND VALUE!I DONT THINK ANYONE CULD FAULT THAT PRICE TAG OF #3M FOR THE 2003 CAR!!

What's with all this 2nd hand value?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by an0daGuy: 10:08am On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

I change every 60days. And my metals sound nice because of that. I don't joke with oil cos that's the secret to a good sound engine.

You change your gearbox oil every 2 months? shocked

Abeg which kind moto be dat make I advise my friends and family to avoid am in the future

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by duality(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2022
[quote author=doggedfighter post=112658770][/quote]

I don't think so. Maybe old C class.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2022
an0daGuy:

You change your gearbox oil every 2 months? shocked

Abeg which kind moto be dat make I advise my friends and family to avoid am in the future

Guy... It's my decision because I like my engine Fresh. You can use yours for long that's your own decision. Each time I do my service, I change all oil that way, all my engine parts are well lubricated. Some persons do service every quarter, some every 4months. The secret to long lasting engine is lubricant and that's why I don't joke with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by an0daGuy: 10:49am On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Guy... It's my decision because I like my engine Fresh. You can use yours for long that's your own decision. Each time I do my service, I change all oil that way, all my engine parts are well lubricated. Some persons do service every quarter, some every 4months. The secret to long lasting engine is lubricant and that's why I don't joke with it.

You should know that the quality of lubricants from the 1980’s to the 2020’s has changed. All those talks of changing your engine oil too frequently has been debunked because the technology of fluids has been greatly improved since 20yrs ago.

Well your engine your pocket. You can do as you wish. Your vehicle chassis will most likely rust out before your engine explodes if you continue as you’re doing.

Not forgetting the enormous expenditure you’re involved in.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Inosky(m): 11:54am On May 09, 2022
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of buying Toyota Corolla but I think I will change my mind to a strong and better alternatives.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Rinoxy: 12:43pm On May 09, 2022
Jojopikin85:
if u have nothing good to say about someone just read and jump and pass instead of insulting the person cos the reply u might get might be disastrous. And the fact is buying a Corolla overseas is more costlier than other cars like camry that's why when it gets to Nigeria the price is higher. Most people that commented that Corolla price is high , they don't even know the real value of how much it's been sold overseas before even adding shipping and clearing charges. You can get 2003 camry for $1700 but u can't get 2003 Corolla for that amount unless it is badly damaged or engine or gear is faulty.
I get your point well.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DavidEsq(m): 12:52pm On May 09, 2022
Hybrid600:
You sure say that your Camry no be V6 engine?
Driving habit could be another factor why the fuel burnt out fast
Or bad fuel that burns quick.
Even if it's a v4 engine, there is something definitely wrong with the car's fuel system. Coz on half tank covering that distance, it shouldn't even get to quarter tank.

Omo u are right o! I'm at the mechanic right now and he just confirmed that it is not there

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ogwuche4u(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2022
an0daGuy:

You should know that the quality of lubricants from the 1980’s to the 2020’s has changed. All those talks of changing your engine oil too frequently has been debunked because the technology of fluids has been greatly improved since 20yrs ago.

Well your engine your pocket. You can do as you wish. Your vehicle chassis will most likely rust out before your engine explodes if you continue as you’re doing.

Not forgetting the enormous expenditure you’re involved in.

I have not seen where changing oil for your machine becomes an avenue for machine parts to rust. Basic physics will tell you that lubrication reduces wears and tears of engine part because they move freely. You want me to change my oils after every 1 year? I don't understand your knowledge of lubrication.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by an0daGuy: 3:54pm On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

I have not seen where changing oil for your machine becomes an avenue for machine parts to rust. Basic physics will tell you that lubrication reduces wears and tears of engine part because they move freely. You want me to change my oils after every 1 year? I don't understand your knowledge of lubrication.

You didn’t understand what I meant.

If you keep following your regiment of maintenance with your engine and gearbox by changing the fluids every month then the three things below will happen

1. Your engine and gearbox will be in top shape and pristine condition wink

2. Your vehicles body, chassis and interior upholstery will keep degrading due to depreciation until you’re forced to scrap the vehicle because it would not be safe to drive anymore

3. Your expenses if calculated at the end of the service life of your vehicle will be so enormous that it would have been better to change the fluids once every year and then buy another new engine or gearbox after using it for a maximum of 10 years

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by adubam(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Waste of money.

Manufacturers recommend 30,000 - 60,000 miles which is about 48k - 96k KM for gear box oil and filter change.

I always advice people to read their User Manual.

7 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DonnyE(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2022
ogwuche4u:

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 4:57pm On May 09, 2022
You drive a V4 or V6?
They can check your oxygen sensors if they still work well.

DavidEsq:

Omo u are right o! I'm at the mechanic right now and he just confirmed that it is not there
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2022
Anchor84:
Are you insane?what hv I stolen Frm u or ur Family Members.
sarcasm pls
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by bilulu(m): 7:04pm On May 09, 2022
Trustme2:

$1700 exclusive of charges right? That must be a totally badly accidented car. You can't get a good one at that rate I tell you.
I don't even buy Corolla because it's over priced everywhere and when you export to Nigeria, you won't even make anything reasonable. imagine making $300 as profit....

Even if I see anyone on the street for that $1700 I still think twice before buying.... I rather buy GLK, Lexus or venza where ur profit won't be less than 800k than buying yeye Corolla to ship to naija
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by bilulu(m): 7:06pm On May 09, 2022
dadabashua1:
bros Nigeria is hard to defend,even though I know we have greedy dealers and poor naira value, honestly the government policies are also responsible for that, no matter how you view it,it is VERY unreasonable to be buying 2003 corolla 3M+ haba let's be honest na.no matter the so called scarcity
I'm not sure 2003 Corolla should be upto 3m. my guy sold his 2006 for 2.7m about 2 months ago except it has changed again which I doubt

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by OfficialSam(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2022
zuraking:
parts are available in ladipo and oyingbo (mostly) and they aren't expensive. I bought Nigeria used and I have been enjoying it since last year may

I don't stay in Lagos though. I'm in Uyo, Akwa Ibom.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ibinaboonline: 9:24pm On May 09, 2022
Japan, actually. Price is includes container shipping.
sketcherJ:
selling where? This video is Chinese now

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / ******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.