Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,128 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money (662 Views)

The Pension For Ex-governors And Their Deputies Should Be Abolished / How Long Does It Take To Withdraw From A Pension Retirement Savings Account / My Boyfriend Keeps Sending Money To Me Monthly As Pension Facebook User Shared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by codenamezero: 8:47pm On May 07, 2022
Good evening Naira landers. I had to use another account to post this story. I don't know which section to post this. Please, I need your opinion on something. Story is quite lengthy, but let me summarize.

I started working with a Telco in 2013, Sokoto branch. I worked till 2019. Along the line, something happened in my branch(well I took a business risk, which backfired). I was arrested and taken to court. During the court sittings, which lasted for about a year, they stopped paying me salary, my staff line was blocked, removed from all groups, access card blocked.

To God be the Glory, I won the case against the company, the magistrate freed me off all charges against me. The company however refused to call me back to work. I wasn't given a sack letter, to show I'm no longer needed in the company. We just moved on from there (as advised by my lawyer).

Now, the issue is, this company is still paying into my pension account. The money there is still growing. According to PENCOM law, when you are unemployed for up to 4 months, you are entitled to 25% of the money in your pension account, provided you provide your sack letter and other documents.

Please, how can I go about it, as I wasn't given any sack letter by my former company. This is why I brought my issue here, for guidelines. Maybe someone may have been in this situation before, maybe someone who works in a pension office and has handled such case like this.

I need that money so I can start a business here in Sokoto state.

Thank you very much for your contribution.
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by lordm(m): 8:58pm On May 07, 2022
Write to the company to officially give you a sack letter. Tell them it is needed for you to move on.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by ifinger: 9:08pm On May 07, 2022
If money is still being paid into ur account that means your salary is still being paid abeit diverted because ur company contribute 12 PERCENT while u contribute 8% ! That is the only way u can have remittance in ur account / also u can only widraw. From ur account if u have served 10yrs ,'unless u are stacked I do not no if u have any entitlement expecially below 10yrs

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by codenamezero: 9:08pm On May 07, 2022
I've thought about that. But I got scared that what if they sue me again, maybe this time, in another court. Probably they are not satisfied with the previous judgement. Someone told me I should let sleeping dog lie, and wait till I clock 50 years. By then the money would have reached 15million.

lordm:
Write to the company to officially give you a sack letter. Tell them it is needed for you to move on.
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by codenamezero: 9:11pm On May 07, 2022
Yes. A colleague of mine at the hq branch told me same that she suspects someone is diverting my salary because it is strange that since 2019, that the matter was settled in court and I'm still getting money in my pension. I don't really know much about labor law.

ifinger:
If money is still being paid into ur account that means your salary is still being paid abeit diverted because ur company contribute 12 PERCENT while u contribute 8% ! That is the only way u can have remittance in ur account / also u can only widraw. From ur account if u have served 10yrs ,'unless u are stacked I do not no if u have any entitlement expecially below 10yrs
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by rickpat(m): 9:21pm On May 07, 2022
get a lawyer...write the company to sack you officially and pay all your back log of salaries...very foolish company...I wonder what their team is doing....as long as they paid money to that pension account...it means you are entitled to your salary.... secondly you can't get any access to the pension fund without the sack letter.....you are entitled to 25% if you ain't working....the balance of 75% is when you're turn 60 years....give that company Telco company some heat please
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by lordm(m): 9:34pm On May 07, 2022
codenamezero:
I've thought about that. But I got scared that what if they sue me again, maybe this time, in another court. Probably they are not satisfied with the previous judgement. Someone told me I should let sleeping dog lie, and wait till I clock 50 years. By then the money would have reached 15million.

that's also a good one. Please just leave it and look for something else to do for now

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by richidinho(m): 9:53pm On May 07, 2022
Send a mail to hr dept put finance dept in thr copy of the mail

if after a week no good response from them pls approach an industrial court with ur lawyer to claim ur salary, because ur appointment has not been terminated by them
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by codenamezero: 10:17pm On May 07, 2022
Okay, here is the summary of what happened. I was heading a center in Sokoto state. And in telco business, they give you some ridiculous targets, ranging from airtime, simcards and devices to sell. I've been meeting and exceeding my target. But since Buhari took over 2015, economic situation couldn't really make us meet our target again. Some staff started putting their salary into their sales, so it will look as if they are making profits(if you don't meet your target for two quarters, it's sacking straight). Some of us started selling airtime to dealers at a discount rate(the loss is still borne by us).

It got to a time we were not making sales, the higher ups were beckoning on us to perform wonders if not, sack.. I sold some airtime at a discount. The money I'm to pay back to offset the loss was around 1.4million. This is a common practice in almost all Telcoms. So should in case you cannot pay all back, they will begin to deduct from your salary till the money complete. I honestly thought that's what they will do to me. But our new boss, who was transfered from another state doesn't know about all these risks we take. He found out, and tagged it fraud. He called police I was arrested and was charged to court for mismanagement of office funds.

But through out the court sittings, the company never appeared on court, though they hired an external lawyer that only showed face once. I was just there looking. When it gets to my turn to stand, the judge, will adjourn the case. He kept adjourning till he got fed up and told me to go. That I am free that he has dropped all charges against me. That he has never seen a case like this. How will the plaintiff not appear for once in court, etc. That was how we all moved on from there. Also, the new boss that took me to the station was later transfered out of sokoto(probably for calling police on me).

richidinho:
Send a mail to hr dept put finance dept in thr copy of the mail

if after a week no good response from them pls approach an industrial court with ur lawyer to claim ur salary, because ur appointment has not been terminated by them
Re: How Can I Get 25% Off My Pension Money by virginchaser(m): 10:30pm On May 07, 2022
I think you need to be bold. I have a feeling you are afraid and felt you narrowly escaped conviction. It is important you get letter from your company. This is a major reason why one should keep a clean sheet wherever you are working. Telco guys works like Jackie to meet up with network availability but unfortunately influx of Chinese ideology is destroying the system.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: This Is Why Liquorose And Emmanuel Can Never Reconcile / Guys Will Learn By Force / Ashawo (prostitute) Fight Two Yahoo Boys Over Her Missing Pant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.