Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:02 AM

Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? (4769 Views)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Saintmary(f): 3:58pm On May 08, 2022
Echoban:

That's what I'm saying, the man bleeped up truly, but sometimes after letting ur anger out, forgive and let peace reign not for ur enemy sake but for ur self/peace.. she has a home, a marriage, a children to raise, a companion at the end.. Abi will she remain single mother like that? Or she LL divorce and re marry with her 3 children without the new marriage having hiccups. Abi what's the stress for.. she literarily have to forgive him for her own self. Not that The man worth it but for herself.

Cheers.

Exactly the point I was trying to establish.

In this case, he is at a disadvantage.
Not worth it.

It doesn't mean he won't throw her under the bus anytime even after forgiveness. So, it's not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by socialmediaman: 5:34pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are missing the point which is that every marriage is Nigeria is required by law to be registered in order to be considered legal. Whether it be traditional or court or whatever else, the law decrees they all be registered. undecided

A marriage is registered by simply obtaining a certificate at the local registry or at the court indicating the couples marriage is registered. If such a certificate is not signed at the time the marriage took place, it means the marriage was not legally recognized under Nigerian law. A couple can obtain a certificate/register a marriage anytime they choose to but the marriage is then only recognized from that point on. undecided

Based on Kobojunkie's law or Nigeria's law? That requirement ONLY applies to statutory marriages. Traditional marriages don't require registration to be recognized by law, though the registration mechanisms are available in most cities. A dowry payment and other traditional rites are what the law requires. If this is difficult for you to understand, then think about common law relationships in Canada which don't require registration to be recognized by Canadian law.

That a couple doesn't have documentation for their traditional marriage doesn't mean it's not recognized by law, but in immigration cases like this, they need some documentation like affidavit or certificate from the local registry. It's left to you to update your knowledge or remain ignorant.
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On May 08, 2022
socialmediaman:
Based on Kobojunkie's law or Nigeria's law? That requirement ONLY applies to statutory marriages. Traditional marriages don't require registration to be recognized by law, though the registration mechanisms are available in most cities. A dowry payment and other traditional rites are what the law requires. If this is difficult for you to understand, then think about common law relationships in Canada which don't require registration to be recognized by law.

That a couple doesn't have documentation for their traditional marriage doesn't mean it's not recognized by law, but in immigration cases like this, they need some documentation like affidavit or certificate from the local registry. It's left to you to update your knowledge or remain ignorant.
No need for all this. Simply, show us where it is stated in the Nigerian Marriage act that traditional marriages are exempt from the law requiring marriage be registered in Nigeria. undecided
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by socialmediaman: 5:42pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No need for all this. Simply, show us where it is stated in the Nigerian Marriage act that traditional marriages are exempt from the law requiring marriage be registered in Nigeria. undecided

Read the documents and links attached previously and do some research yourself
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:42pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This doesn't say any of what you claim. undecided

Instead at the very top you are told U.S. visa laws does not recognize common-law relationships. undecided

you got selective reading

read again what it say about the other visa type
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 08, 2022
socialmediaman:
Read the documents and links attached previously and do some research yourself
What documents are you on about abeg? The Nigerian Marriage act is where the Law covering marriages in Nigeria is defined... so? undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:
you got selective reading

read again what it say about the other visa type
You are kidding, right? undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2022
Mindlog:

Please do name the visa type and the link to the webpages it is published on because I am getting to know this for first time.

check B-2 visa being mentioned

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/spouses-children-partners/common-law-spouses-and-partners/

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by socialmediaman: 5:46pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What documents are you on about abeg? The Nigerian Marriage act is where the Law covering marriages in Nigeria is defined... so? undecided

Again, read the documents from the links earlier sent, they're all referencing Nigeria's marriage act. Do some research please
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On May 08, 2022
socialmediaman:
Again, read the documents from the links earlier sent, they're all referencing Nigeria's marriage act. Do some research please
Again...No need for all this. Simply, show us where it is stated in the Nigerian Marriage act that traditional marriages are exempt from the law requiring marriage be registered in Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:49pm On May 08, 2022
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/spouses-children-partners/common-law-spouses-and-partners/

what are they saying about B-2 visa ?
Read what the embassy clearly explains to you about there about that class of visa which has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion this since those who apply for it do so as independent entities. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by eyinjuege: 6:13pm On May 08, 2022
Another recycled story
It's your family problem dear. Handle it however you wish to.
We have our own cheesy
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Foodqueen(f): 6:49pm On May 08, 2022
CountVersailles:

Are you blind enough to not see that the whole story is in quotes?

Your mother right
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by frozen70(f): 8:02pm On May 08, 2022
Oluwatobike:
“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.

I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to turn around for me.

I could now take care of myself and secure a future.

Though I married my husband but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No”

My dad has threatened to disown me if I ever go with him to court.

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.

His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

What is your advice for this young mother of three?

Just go ahead and do the court wedding
With this your present position he has no option than to always do your bidding for him to have absolute peace at home

But keep up getting more properties on your maiden name

You know the reason better than me
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Truvelisback(m): 8:05pm On May 08, 2022
Foodqueen:
Old story undecided

Is the story yours

Copy and paste kiss
U ehn! Police detective fit u die! U suppose to dey work with DSS or people wey dey investigate matters and Crime grin
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Shidda: 3:31am On May 11, 2022
You haven't resolved the issue of what he did. It still hurts and you're still acting on it. Bring back the matter, ask him why he did it. and choose whether to let it go or keep carrying it, which isn't helping you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic pic, please nairalanders please help save a dying aunty from cancer pls / Help,an Unhappy Married Woman / Why Are Most Woman Now A Terrible Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.