Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,153 members, 7,953,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:44 PM

Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? (4766 Views)

Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:
you got no idea of immigration and visa, its not nigerian embassy that will issue visa in this circumstanes but the the american embassy and it will consider how they have been living
The American embassy recognizes Nigerian law where immigrants from Nigeria are being processed. undecided

Unless the couple in question are Americans or have had their union previously registered in America, the law that is applied is instead the constitution of their country of origin, and in this scenario, the Nigerian marriage law is what is upheld. undecided
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:22am On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The American embassy recognizes Nigerian law where immigrants from Nigeria are being processed. undecided

Unless the couple in question are Americans or have had their union previously registered in America, the law that is applied is instead the constitution of their country of origin, and in this scenario, the Nigerian marriage law is what is upheld. undecided

yes i know that ir recognise nigerian law but it doesnt mean only registered married couple are allowed in america, hence i said the embassy will ask they have been living in this case they married traditionally and have been living as husband and wife

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:27am On May 08, 2022
Mindlog:

So based on how they have been living going by the story (which has been recycled severally), will the American embassy consider them married even without their traditional marriage being registered in their local registry?

the marriage would be seen as un registered and they will asked to bring affidavits statements etc to prove that their are married traditionally unregistered without doubt

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:
yes i know that ir recognise nigerian law but it doesnt mean only registered married couple are allowed in america, hence i said the embassy will ask they have been living in this case they married traditionally and have been living as husband and wife
Again, the embassy works according to Nigerian law and Nigerian Law explicitly states that only marriages that are registered are considered legal. Only Nigerian marriages that are registered or certified by courts are recognized by the American embassy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by CountVersailles(f): 3:37am On May 08, 2022
Foodqueen:
Old story undecided

Is the story yours

Copy and paste kiss
Are you blind enough to not see that the whole story is in quotes?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Mindlog: 3:46am On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

the marriage would be seen as un registered and they will asked to bring affidavits statements etc to prove that their are married traditionally unregistered without doubt

Can you post link(s) to the US embassy webpage that reflects what you posted because what I have seen on their website over the years is presenting the original copy of one's marriage certificate and a photocopy of it, have never seen presenting affidavits statements as an option.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:21am On May 08, 2022
Mindlog:

Can you post link(s) to the US embassy webpage that reflects what you posted because what I have seen on their website over the years is presenting the original copy of one's marriage certificate and a photocopy of it, have never seen presenting affidavits statements as an option.

they want those only if you claim to have registered marriage

are you saying a couple on traditional marriage cant apply visa becaise their are not married?
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:26am On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, the embassy works according to Nigerian law and Nigerian Law explicitly states that only marriages that are registered are considered legal. undecided

Only Nigerian marriages that are registered or certified by courts are recognized by the American embassy.

so you think only resgistered marriage people are the only people who are allowed apply as couple?

for your own information a gay/lesbain couple can apply a visa as couple even though their relationship is illegal in nigeria
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:40am On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, the embassy works according to Nigerian law and Nigerian Law explicitly states that only marriages that are registered are considered legal. Only Nigerian marriages that are registered or certified by courts are recognized by the American embassy. undecided

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Bashnigga(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2022
So he's now the one begging for a court marriage grin
Good riddance
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Mindlog: 4:50am On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

they want those only if you claim to have registered marriage

are you saying a couple on traditional marriage cant apply visa becaise their are not married?

Countries like the US, Canada, UK etc, you must submit your marriage certificate to prove your marital status. If it was not needed,, the husband in the story would not be talking about going to the registry for another wedding.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Contekbbc: 6:12am On May 08, 2022
If you follow this guy go do court marriage, I'll personally not forgive you.

He's just an opportunist and he'll disappoint you again and again if he's in a better position tomorrow.

The court marriage he's hell bent on doing is for his own benefit not yours.

Think well and don't take him in your plan.
You're not In a marriage with this wicked man, he's only using you.

Oluwatobike:
“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.

I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

After I gave birth to my baby, my dad helped me secure a job with a
multinational company and things started to turn around for me.

I could now take care of myself and secure a future.

Though I married my husband but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No”

My dad has threatened to disown me if I ever go with him to court.

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.

His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

What is your advice for this young mother of three?

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by WantsandMore: 7:01am On May 08, 2022
virginchaser:
Shebi, Shell or Mobil will lay you off one day and family will be your comforter. Also, your palee (dad) will also kick bucket and go too. We men can be somehow atimes but it takes good women to mend fences. The issue ought not be an outside decision nor discussion. Be as it may, forgive and forget.

If i am your husband i would not bother myself over such. I will keep my pride.
You are wise and the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Mindlog: 7:19am On May 08, 2022
virginchaser:
Shebi, Shell or Mobil will lay you off one day and family will be your comforter. Also, your palee (dad) will also kick bucket and go too. We men can be somehow atimes but it takes good women to mend fences. The issue ought not be an outside decision nor discussion. Be as it may, forgive and forget.

If i am your husband i would not bother myself over such. I will keep my pride.

You can't emotionally blackmail someone to forgive another, knowing fully well the man is all about what he would benefit relocating to the US and not that he feels remorseful.

Even if the oil company lays her off, her severance package will run into tens of million of naira...with wise investments, she will not need to financially depend on the man ever again.

Let him keep his pride, end the marriage and can marry another woman who may be a better wife than the first.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by bukatyne(f): 8:35am On May 08, 2022
WantsandMore:
You are wise and the bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.

Read the Bible a little further and you will see where you shouldn't do evil at all and whatever a man sows, he will reap.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Nobody: 8:49am On May 08, 2022
Once the man relocates to Texas,he will leave the family. That's certain.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Csami(m): 8:53am On May 08, 2022
Is he a bad father?
Is he a bad husband?

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by virginchaser(m): 9:03am On May 08, 2022
Saintmary:

Wee you keep kwayet?

If you as a husband refuses to marry a woman in court just to make her marriage to you insecure, then you deserve anything she does to you.

ANYTHING!

Go and eat your pride.

Can you imagine "we men are somehow" yen yen yen.

Na good woman dey suffer, that is why Osinachi Nwachukwu died.

Nonsense.

We are not talking about abusive husband here. I have supported many sisters to walk out of abusive marriages in the past. Recently a junior friend was deceived by London boy to resign from a managerial job and marry him. She found out the boy was living in a shoe box like room in UK and could not stop hitting her at every little argument. She got her papers and walked out to channel a better cause.

As a lady you need to be wise to survive marriage. Identify the thin line in between. This case is not a life threatening one. Any how you interpret it we are African men, irrespective of women liberation. Back to bed my dear.
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by JovialJune(f): 9:37am On May 08, 2022
virginchaser:

We are not talking about abusive husband here. I had supported many sisters to walk out of abusive marriages. Recently a junior friend was deceived by London boy to resign from a managerial job and marry him. She found out the boy was living in a shoe box like room in UK and could not stop hitting her at every slight argument. She got her papers and walked out to channel a better cause.

As a lady you need to be wise to survive marriage. Identify the thin line in between. This case is not a life threatening. Any how you interpret it we are African men irrespective of women liberation. Back to bed my dear.

The husband in this story is an abusive man, he abused her emotionally when he refused a court wedding for many years, do you know how the wife had to cope knowing full well the reason why he insisted he wouldn't do it? When she was used to coping with the despicable act and learn to live with him like that, karma showed its head to deal with him, the mumu husband's head became correct by force, now you guys are here to preach to us about nonsense survival in marriage only when you want women to endure bullshit, and the stupid African men yen yen yen,

Always bringing up silly excuses to justify your wicked acts when the odds are no more in your favour, sheybi he is an African man, he should remain in Africa/ Nigeria and keep eating his pride, the wife will go to a liberated country with the kids and nothing will happen, if it pains him too much, he should traditionally divorce his wife by returning her bride price, nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Meteng: 9:43am On May 08, 2022
Oluwatobike:
“I got pregnant nine years ago while dating my current husband and then the issue of marriage came up.

I wasn’t working then. He told my family and I that he doesn’t want a court marriage for no reason.

My parents tried talking to him, I cried and begged him severally to legalize his marriage with me but he stood his grounds not to wed me in a court.

I involved his family members to help me beg him but they said, he’s old enough to make his decisions.

He even refused to do a white wedding either because my church requested for a court certificate, so we ended up doing only traditional marriage.

I later got tired and gave up on the matter. I was hurt and broken but I resolved to marry him like that just to save myself and my family the shame of having a baby outside wedlock.

My dad was angry and disappointed in him but he didn’t care and because of that my dad vowed to see me a successful and independent woman with or without him.

Though I married my husband but I never forgave him from my heart and it made me not to do anything in my husband’s name.

We currently have three kids together but all my properties are in the name of my children. I never used him as my next of kin either.

Just last month my company decided to transfer me to a branch in Texas and the company is willing to pay for my entire family to relocate with me.

My husband’s business is not doing too well and he’s willing to relocate also but we have no legal certificate to show that we are married.

Now he wants us to go to the court to legalize our marriage and I have said “No”

He’s been tagging me everywhere as a bad wife who is not loyal to her husband, spoiling my family also.

His family members have been calling me trying to persuade me but I told them I’m old enough to make my decisions also and I have stood my ground just like he did to me nine years ago.”

I will advise you to stand your ground. I hate leeches of either gender

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ChoCho54(f): 9:56am On May 08, 2022
bukatyne:

Since you men can be somehow, the fictional OP has decided to be somehow also.

Nobody has the monopoly of madness so when you are tempted to be 'somehow' remember that the recipient of your actions also has the capacity to be 'somehow'.
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ChoCho54(f): 9:57am On May 08, 2022
gratefulheart:
Copy cat

I'm reading the story for the first time, so it's cool.
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by WantsandMore: 10:01am On May 08, 2022
bukatyne:

Read the Bible a little further and you will see where you shouldn't do evil at all and whatever a man sows, he will reap.
you are also wise my dear. cheesy
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by faithfull18(f): 12:49pm On May 08, 2022
Sweet story grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Lari03r(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2022
Oluwatobike:

When your church mind is ready, you will forgive him for God's sake.

However since your street mind is still in charge: Kala; Daju; Wu wa Ika, Ko gboju. And afterwards you will reap what you sow.
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2022
Mindlog:

Countries like the US, Canada, UK etc, you must submit your marriage certificate to prove your marital status. If it was not needed,, the husband in the story would not be talking about going to the registry for another wedding.

i am not disputing that am saying for those who are married customary/traditionally they have their type of visa meaning they can still can get a visa under their circumstance
Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Mindlog: 1:54pm On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:

i am not disputing that am saying for those who are married customary/traditionally they have their type of visa meaning they can still can get a visa under their circumstance

Please do name the visa type and the link to the webpages it is published on because I am getting to know this for first time.

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 1:55pm On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:
This doesn't say any of what you claim. undecided

Instead at the very top you are told U.S. visa law does not recognize common-law relationships. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On May 08, 2022
ZIMDRILL:
so you think only resgistered marriage people are the only people who are allowed apply as couple?

for your own information a gay/lesbain couple can apply a visa as couple even though their relationship is illegal in nigeria
Wetin concern gay/lesbian with this topic now? undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Saintmary(f): 3:47pm On May 08, 2022
Echoban:

Oya now let her go and marry another man who LL make her have legal marriage certificate she can travel with, she should do that fast and move all her children asap. Hope she LL b alright with that

Shey una no get sense ni.

Bible says forgiveness gives u peace of mi d and save u from unnecessary wahala.. I'm not saying the man didn't fuckup but u do t need to avenge everything. Do d needful and see the man regretting, appreciating and loving her better this time with all sincerity of heart.

No b everything b gbas gbos abeg.

1. She doesn't owe him anything

2. The marriage documents are only meant to help the man to tag along.

3. She will live better, save more money and retire as a rich woman without him.

Forgiveness is a privilege in this case, only the woman can decide if he is worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Saintmary(f): 3:50pm On May 08, 2022
virginchaser:

We are not talking about abusive husband here. I have supported many sisters to walk out of abusive marriages in the past. Recently a junior friend was deceived by London boy to resign from a managerial job and marry him. She found out the boy was living in a shoe box like room in UK and could not stop hitting her at every little argument. She got her papers and walked out to channel a better cause.

As a lady you need to be wise to survive marriage. Identify the thin line in between. This case is not a life threatening one. Any how you interpret it we are African men, irrespective of women liberation. Back to bed my dear.

She can still be his wife and see him once a while, why take him along when he's not needed?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Being Wicked And Selfish To My Husband? by Echoban: 3:53pm On May 08, 2022
Saintmary:

1. She doesn't owe him anything

2. The marriage documents are only meant to help the man to tag along.

3. She will live better, save more money and retire as a rich woman without him.

Forgiveness is a privilege in this case, only the woman can decide if he is worth it.

That's what I'm saying, the man bleeped up truly, but sometimes after letting ur anger out, forgive and let peace reign not for ur enemy sake but for ur self/peace.. she has a home, a marriage, a children to raise, a companion at the end.. Abi will she remain single mother like that? Or she LL divorce and re marry with her 3 children without the new marriage having hiccups. Abi what's the stress for.. she literarily have to forgive him for her own self. Not that The man worth it but for herself.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Hiding Money From Spouses Becoming A Serious Issue / Lady Found Out Her Husband Is A Mechanic And Not A Car Dealer After Traditional / Best Way To Divorce Or Get Rid Of My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.