Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,532 members, 7,958,630 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job (44152 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by JonCina(m): 11:05am On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:
That was an official chat. He should not have used such. That shows indiscipline

You can freely use stickers when you are chatting with a friend not when you are chatting with someone you just got to know or most especially on serious issues as this.

There's nothing like "official chat"!
There's nothing wrong with it.
Maybe, the blocker didn't have what it takes to conclude the employment and he was just saving face.

Abeg, make we rest small: some of us too serious for this country!
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by NairaMaster1(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

If only if there were enough jobs to go round. Nonsense

To you it's normal because you are not exposed except on social media. How many foreign employers have you contacted? Instead of you to learn you are here forming International.

3 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by naturefellow(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2022
Iniobong34:
Wickedness lipsrsealed
use of sticker is unethical in formal setting. Go to Aso Rock and meet wickedness.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Oplomo: 11:06am On May 08, 2022
Mooh247:
University should teach all this little ethics and not only focus on the core discipline

The guy might not have idea of how official communication are handled

Many don't know about dress code to work, ethics of certain jobs, decorum required and many more

You always talk sense when you are not talking politics.

If you always applied this level of intellect in the political section, there is no reason why you would be receiving knocks everytime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by abobote: 11:07am On May 08, 2022
Sacked? You can't be sacked for a job you never had.
These Job seekers are human being and have right too, you don't expect them to turn to an angel overnight to get a job.
Most of these rubbish only happens in Nigeria, elsewhere, employers are only concern on what you can offer the company. Your tattoo, dreadlocks or dressing doesn't concern them
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Mooh247: 11:07am On May 08, 2022
Oplomo:

You always talk sense when you are not talking politics.

If you always applied this level of intellect in the political section, there is no reason why you would be receiving knocks everytime.

Knocks from who?!

Anyways Jagaban 2023 !!!

We move
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by kingemaker(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2022
Shows you aren't professional. Even emojis shouldn't be used for a semi-official discussion.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by ALFADOS(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2022
what is your's is your's and what would never be your's, would never be your's
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Abdul4trust1(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

in an official chat?

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by naturefellow(m): 11:10am On May 08, 2022
JonCina:

There's nothing like "official chat"!
There's nothing wrong with it.
Maybe, the blocker didn't have what it takes to conclude the employment and he was just saving face.

Abeg, make we rest small: some of us too serious for this country!
don't learn until it happens to you too.

Keep using WhatsApp sticker or abbreviations with everyone in DM, like you do with chat mates cheesy
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by NOwazobia: 11:10am On May 08, 2022
Stupid job, rubbish employer, nonsense employee.

Fake story. Tueh!
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by 07kjb: 11:13am On May 08, 2022
Normally I see people that uses those useless memes as immature beings
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by samuelson06(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:
That was an official chat. He should not have used such. That shows indiscipline

You can freely use stickers when you are chatting with a friend not when you are chatting with someone you just got to know or most especially on serious issues as this.

The problem is that people hardly know the limit they should go with others. They mixed together both formal and informal communication. They tend to behave same way with family members and the people they meet outside.

Just yesterday, someone from a Whatsapp group was trying to call me via video call. I've never met him before. My only relationship with him is being in the same Whatsapp group. I was like, WTF! Who does that? I simply ignore the call.

I don't quite understand how people are raised. For God's sake, there should be a boundary to everything. Even if we share the same parents, there should still be a boundary in our relationship.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Gee64: 11:15am On May 08, 2022
Village arrow!

Return to sender!
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 11:16am On May 08, 2022
khadaffi:

I'm surprised people don't know these basic etiquette. You even see some using things like LMAO, UWC, ASAP, etc in an official chat. Later you say it's village people.

ASAP is an official abbreviation, oga. Used in emails to FYI.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by michlins(m): 11:16am On May 08, 2022
ravensckar:
Exactly my thought! Why should a reasonable employer sack someone because of ordinary WhatsApp sticker? Like wtf?

If as an employer you're not comfortable with a person's style of communication (as it concerns official matters), isn't it proper to bring it to the person's notice? Why terminate his/employment on such grounds? Haha? These are the same sets of people that preach the leadership gospel bla bla bla. Shior!

A female subordinate once addressed me by my first name (as against my surname) without even adding the Mr. title. I just calmly explained to her that it's not appropriate to do so. We've not attained that level of 'closeness' that could warrant such. Besides, she's a lady and I'm a man, anybody could allude ugly meanings to such 'informality'. Immediately, she corrected herself and we became cool. If meself wan flex muscle, I could have written her up on it or reported to my superiors that she disrespected me. cheesy cheesy Or better still, make I claim 'harrassment'. cheesy cheesy

Nigerian bosses should be calming down abeg. We're humans not god.

PS- my erstwhile Director, we used to call her diety because of how she behaves. Not greeting her properly can get you sacked. Not adding 'Ma' to her name could get you a query. There was a time she queried me for not putting my hands behind my back while speaking to her. cheesy cheesy
I thank God sha I will not be working for anybody. Cause I can't deal with what you guys deal with.

You didn't put hands behind the back while talking with her?
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by agabaI23(m): 11:18am On May 08, 2022
michlins:

That dancing could be interpreted in so many ways.

1. He was dancing because he never thought of getting a 250k job. Which means he is not confident in his ability and therefore not worth it.

2. He has no decorum. He could do that to a client which could cost the company.
5etc
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by odebmart(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2022
Maybe the employee is on the short side and felt insulted. Even the guy has not met.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Yankee101: 11:20am On May 08, 2022
Some stickers are viruses
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by aljpimp(m): 11:21am On May 08, 2022
If an employer wants me to respond to him in a formal way then he should not chat with me, rather a call will be better.. most of these employers should be updated on modern communication.. nothing wrong in using a sticker or emoji in WhatsApp chat be it with employer.. WhatsApp chats are not designed for formal communication
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Maj196(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2022
That chat is fake AF

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Abidex001: 11:23am On May 08, 2022
michlins:

Exactly....its scarcity of jobs. Such a trivial issue
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by edoairways: 11:24am On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Nigerians like to learn the hard way.
I broke up with a girl cause she abbreviates most of her words.. Its so irritating to me so I broke up with her.. Communication and how you communicate matters.
What a filmsy excuse just say you got tired of her
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Maj196(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2022
The employer could probably smell desperation from miles away. That's a big turn-off for them.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by lexy2014: 11:26am On May 08, 2022
michlins:

honestly
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by michlins(m): 11:27am On May 08, 2022
agabaI23:

1. He was dancing because he never thought of getting a 250k job. Which means he is not confident in his ability and therefore not worth it.

2. He has no decorum. He could do that to a client which could cost the company.
5etc
so the company executives, when they score a big contract and celebrate,does it mean they don't have confidence in themselves or that they don't have decorum?

Please let's stop chasing shadows

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 11:27am On May 08, 2022
That sticker is a street language and the employer wasn't comfortable with it. But you don't judge people by just one inappropriate gesture, he should have just reacted with something like "excuse me?" to display his own maturity, or just simply issued out a word of caution.
In western world, smileys have already found their ways into official conversations to soften the cold official tone. Maybe stickers too will get there someday.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by edoairways: 11:28am On May 08, 2022
agabaI23:

5etc
All these excuses are unnecessary. I wonder what human will say if God should explain his standard.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by 007Marvel(m): 11:30am On May 08, 2022
Those of you saying it’s was wrong to use a sticker for such conversation, let me ask you this! What if it was a thank you sticker that was sent, will that be considered as wrong too? For Christ sake let’s be reasonable there absolutely nothing wrong in sending such sticker on WhatsApp! If you ask me I’ll say the employer is not professional, because Emails are supposed to be the standard for Such and not WhatsApp! WhatsApp is considered an instant messenger for a reason! It’s something designed for day to day conversation and not official conversations
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Chopcy29: 11:31am On May 08, 2022
Smarkest:
Maybe the employer is a dwarf and he believes you are mocking him

Sense no go kill you � � �

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by NaijaCover(m): 11:32am On May 08, 2022
Nawa o
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by jaxxy(m): 11:38am On May 08, 2022
Iniobong34:
Wickedness lipsrsealed

some things are inappropriate and even stupid. I rarely use these dumb stickers or memes even in informal settings or conversations.

imagine someone using it in a professional setting or conversation??Nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Total Oil And Gas, Young Graduate Program 2016. / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / Borno School Needs 5000 Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.