Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job (43854 Views)

250k Job In Lagos Or 500k Job In Port Harcourt / 250k Job In Lagos Vs 200k Job In Benin / An Employer Asking Applicant About His Salary In His Previous Work.is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by jaxxy(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
The kind of sticker he used can actually provoke someone who is not in a good mood grin

I'm just saying that maybe sometimes we should look from another's perspective. Maybe he was too happy and did not think too much.

I understand u bt it will take a conscious effort to ignore and give a benefit of doubt against ur earlier assumption. Sadly the guy cannot to accessed further by the boss to know if that was a error of excitement since its online.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Bahamas95(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2022
E get why dem dey teach FORMAL and INFORMAL letter writing for school.

Some people are just too foolish.....Social media nor make dem get sense anymore.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by faith147(m): 1:06pm On May 08, 2022
I hate abbreviation
Stallionhorse:
Nigerians like to learn the hard way.
I broke up with a girl cause she abbreviates most of her words.. Its so irritating to me so I broke up with her.. Communication and how you communicate matters.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by lomprico(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2022
When you don't know when to joke/play and when to be serious. I gat no pity for him.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by captainamiedi1: 1:12pm On May 08, 2022
JohnGainsville:
That was an official chat. He should not have used such. That shows indiscipline

You can freely use stickers when you are chatting with a friend not when you are chatting with someone you just got to know or most especially on serious issues as this.

That is not enough to sack someone if the person is delivering on his Job. I have never added Sir to my Boss name. I call him by his name like say na my mate. We use stickers and other meme in our slack channel. These people should loosen up a bit. More reason I wouldn't work for a Nigerian registered egocentric CEO. Friendly environment leads to encouraging people to be free and do their works without fear.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by blackgold2018(m): 1:14pm On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

If only if there were enough jobs to go round. Nonsense
shut up
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by ppogba: 1:17pm On May 08, 2022
It seems this Sunday is for rubbish stories that should not be debated.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by tunnex190: 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
Some people cannot compose two lines sentence without using stickers on WhatsApp. They want to express everything with emotions; emoticons, emojis etc. I hate the habit with passion. Talk to me like a normal person. Not everything is funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Iceberg3: 1:26pm On May 08, 2022
You and the employer are now mates,abi

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On May 08, 2022
I do not think it would be healthy to work in an environment where expressing gratitude with stickers costs you an offer.

The employer should have corrected the prospective employer considering that he qualified for the job.

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by amzee(m): 1:51pm On May 08, 2022
seguno2:

Useless click bait story
Useless comment from a gutter-mouth
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 08, 2022
kodded:

It's used and not use
angry
Thanks, Noted!
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by President2001(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2022
This will be a big lesson to all job seek, internet should be managed moderately not to affect the job you are seeking for
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by newconnectng1: 1:59pm On May 08, 2022
It's not wise to use abbreviations, slangs or informal forms of expressions when you're talking to your boss in a corporate setting

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by LOVEGINO(m): 2:02pm On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:
I broke up with a girl cause she abbreviates most of her words.. Its so irritating to me so I broke up with her.. Communication and how you communicate matters.
u nor serious.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 08, 2022
I hate that sticker crap with passion.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by stasius: 2:33pm On May 08, 2022
Was he sacked or he was not offered the job??
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by pannyman(m): 2:33pm On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:

You did the right thing. You know how these women are. Try to correct her and it would turn into a mighty quarrel. Let her take her abbreviations elsewhere.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by placeofallure(f): 2:35pm On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:
We should know what's appropriate for every person
or occasion.

It's just like typing in short hand or using slangs.

One thing I have conditioned myself not to do is use abbreviations when typing. Especially on WhatsApp. It's better you are not used to it at all than trying to control where you use it.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by seunlizy(f): 2:35pm On May 08, 2022
Stallionhorse:

Really, anyways for me I don't really like too much of abbreviations
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by dewiseacre(m): 2:53pm On May 08, 2022
I have noticed that one of the reasons most Nigerians are not critical thinkers is because of heuristics. In this case they're judging the interviewer because of the interviewee's side of the story.

- What if it wasn't the emoji in itself, what if it was the "reaction" to the discourse about remuneration (money)?

- What if the interviewer had made up his/her mind at some point during the interview that the interviewee wasn't good enough for the job but only wanted to "formally" end the chat with the usual salary question?

- What if the interviewer's a midget and felt insulted by the character representation in the emoji, not necessarily because the interviewee shared a 'happy emoji'?

- What if this never happened in the first place?

- What if I am the interviewer in this story?

- What if the complainant didn't mention the key areas of the conversation where he goofed but chose to make y'all focus on a bad employer who hates emojis??

What if??

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 08, 2022
GasAndOilTheory:
No one that is serious in hiring you will stop a negotiation with you because of a random whatsapp sticker.
He probably couldnt even afford the 250k...

This is a lie. There are some people that gets irritated by little things, especially if they're discussing something serious.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Tobest94: 3:07pm On May 08, 2022
The employer is not serious, the other Erwin here isn’t even his employee since it’s a deal, more or a contract
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by Flossq: 4:15pm On May 08, 2022
michlins:
Nigeria employers feeling like gods. He was excited and danced which is normal human reaction to good news.

If only if there were enough jobs to go round. Nonsense

You must still be a kid.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by michlins(m): 4:21pm On May 08, 2022
Flossq:

You must still be a kid.
you are emotionally damaged probably from your upbringing. All your posts are insults and filled with anger

It's internet and you can claim whatsoever you want
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by angelfallz(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2022
Too much sense
bukatyne:
I do not think it would be healthy to work in an environment where expressing gratitude with stickers costs you an offer.

The employer should have corrected the prospective employer considering that he qualified for the job.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by lasisi69(f): 4:23pm On May 08, 2022
Tallesty1:
Yet you couldn't communicate that you want her to write her words in full
Yet, you could not end your statement with a fullstop. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by GEEBITE: 5:33pm On May 08, 2022
What if the man is actually a dwarf or a very short person. It might rub him in a very wrong way.
Senoye:
The employee went too far, agreed. He was suppose to be at his highest level of professionalism as he hasn't received offer letter yet.

However, the supposed employer too went too far. We take life too serious. What is the emoji for on a WhatsApp chat if it is not needed. I interviewed with an organisation sometimes back and I was surprised the way emojis were flying everywhere even in an email communication. There are standard formal communication in mails and there are semi-formal communication even in a formal setting. If it is against the organisation policy, you will have to employ him first and onboard him.

That was how someone told me to change my email address otherwise I won't get a job. Not only have I gotten jobs, I have also rejected jobs using the same email address. There are some people more concerned about your technical output than inanities like email address or emojis in a chat.

Good riddance.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by seguno2: 5:46pm On May 08, 2022
amzee:

Useless comment from a gutter-mouth

So sorry for your losscheesy

1 Like

Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:56pm On May 08, 2022
It's ethics, common sense, how high level of disrespect.
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by amzee(m): 6:58pm On May 08, 2022
seguno2:

So sorry for your losscheesy
It's not me bro
Re: How An Employer Sacked A Job Seeker Immediately After Giving Him A 250K Job by luluosas(m): 8:22pm On May 08, 2022
I think the employer over reacted. However, it is company so I won't blame him.

Do you care to make at least 3 dollars a day? Come inbox

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Road Sweeper Job: Long Queue As Thousands Of Nigerians Struggle To Apply / Julius Berger Is Recruiting / How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.