Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Fashola And Lagos Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And Lagos Roads (10771 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola And Lagos Roads by Lagosboy: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2011
This is not a thread for tribal attacks please and, neither was it created in any bad faith.

I spent a couple of weeks in Lagos and I was terribly dissappointed by the state of Lagos roads. I travelled round at least 10 LGA and apart from the new Lekki expresway i could not find any inner city road motorable. In Oshodi Isolo LG , i could not find a single road without pot holes and to make matters worse the road in front of the LGA office has one of the biggest pot holes i have seen, same goes for the road in front of Ikeja LG office. Gbagada roads are just damn shite, Mushin roads are not to be mentioned, GRA ikeja roads are filled with several pot holes and so on.

I am aware there are federal roads, state roads and LG roads but roads within the LG are the worst of all, which makes me wonder why the state governor cannot intervene and sort these roads out. LAst time i checked the fund of the LG are paid through the state government and most govs deduct whatever they wished from the LG funds.

LG are the closest to the poeple but i cannot see any governance from the LGs. Fashola is praised everyday and I appreciate he is among the best amongst his mates but the state of Lagos roads are terrible. I hear Lagos has built more roads than Ghana but what about maintenance of the roads which is what make roads stand the test of time.

This brings me to the manner in which LG elections are held in Lagos. All ACN candidates are handpicked and are almost 99% certain of victory once Tinubu SELECTS them. These LG chairman are not answerable to the people as they know a second term ticket is in the hands of one man and not the people. I dont even think the LG chairman show loyalty to Fashola but rather it is to Tinubu.

These are my personal thoughts and open for discussion.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by chino11(m): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lagos has become drain-pipe for fashola/tinubu. Lagos is a failed project, imagine the disaster caused by fashola in lagos all in the name of deceiving lagosian
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ak47mann(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
chino11:

Lagos has become drain-pipe for fashola/tinubu. Lagos is a failed project, imagine the disaster caused by fashola in lagos all in the name of deceiving lagosian
true but don't really blame fashola he is trying is just that he doesn't have good advisers with brain, his advisers suppose to add drainage system on their development plan for lagos state sad is that thief tinumbu he finished Lagos and now he is using Lagos money to buy airline while his state need s a serious planing and infrastructural  development and he want to be the next ODUA of yaribaland angry angry angry angry
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by bisiaet: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
true but don't really blame fashola he is trying is just that he doesn't have good advisers with brain, his advisers suppose to add drainage system on their development plan for lagos state 

You are very correct as per what you've just said

I guess something serious is missing in the whole deveplopment is so sad. Fashola is really trying his best but he need to take a good look at his contractors very well orelse this contractors will mess his good work up and Lagosian may turn against him so he need to act fast now.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
While those that are blaming Fashola are doing so, please dont let us forget the people that throw garbage to block the few drainage that are there as well, people need to be responsible for how they dispose the Nylon from pure water and leaves from Moin Moin . .
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fhemmmy:

While those that are blaming Fashola are doing so, please dont let us forget the people that throw garbage to block the few drainage that are there as well, people need to be responsible for how they dispose the Nylon from pure water and leaves from Moin Moin . .

Because Nigeria is the only coastal city in the world where people litter and potentially block drainage  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided  Or are you suggesting that in other parts of the world where these problems are not common place, the reason is that people who live there are BORN knowing not to litter -- Government never had to step in to ensure littering habits were nipped?  undecided undecided undecided 

Are we suggesting that Lagoscians should AUTOMAGICALLY become clean people -- no implementation of existing anti-littering laws necessary? Was that what happened back in the 80's when those laws were being implemented by the Lagos state Government, and eventually the National Government as well?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2011
ak47mann:

true but don't really blame fashola he is trying is just that he doesn't have good advisers with brain, his advisers suppose to add drainage system on their development plan for lagos state sad is that thief tinumbu he finished Lagos and now he is using Lagos money to buy airline while his state need s a serious planing and infrastructural  development and he want to be the next ODUA of yaribaland angry angry angry angry

Stop talking rubbish, all the new roads in Lagos state have drainage and sidewalk. By law, you can not construct any road in Lagos without both.

Educate yourself before talking trash,

These are new roads and they all have drainage systems,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-711403.0.html
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by stagger: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
The point is, where are the drains leading to?

If you simply put gutters that lead nowhere at the side of the road, then the problem is not solved.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by hackney(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
People throwing garbage in the streets or anywhere except in a bin should be fined N100,000 and police given free reign to deal with them.
Also his house should be knocked down.

That way , nobody will dream of doing so.

fashola should invest in garbage sulos and an efficient disposal system for them.

When first world countries are investing billions in bins, our ruling monkeys think they arre stupid now we have no clear drainage in lagos; the land of gutter-shitting.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by larimo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Agreed. thats the part we can at least do as citizens.

nevertheless, i have always maintained that fashola hasnt done much with whats available to him. I personally think people have given him high ratings in comparison to what his predecessor did rather than what he's capable of doing with the resources and personnel available to him undecided. my opinion.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
Even Eko-Ile don tire for the matter grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Witi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
A young man that goes to farm, cultivates 200 heaps of yam and claim to cultivate 400 heaps, During the dry season when he finish eating the the true 200 heaps of yam then he will spend the rest of the season to eat the remaining 200 lies.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Gbenge77(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fashola can do better concerning Lagos roads and he will.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
odiaero:

Even Eko-Ile don tire for the matter grin grin grin grin grin

Taya for what matter,

These clueless and ignorant folks no dey shack me abeg,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Oscillation(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fashola is doing some good work but tinubu cant let him serve the people he swore to serve because i believe it's a precontract agreement with the goon (tinubu) and funnily enough they've seen nothing in it to reprimand their almighty tinubu.
It's very sad that they cant librate themselves. Until tinubu privatizes lagos no one would say anything wink
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by cold(m): 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
You have all digressed from the topic.The issue is why are Lagos state roads in a state of disrepair?Surely this didn't happen 5 or 3 days ago.Maybe Eko-ile can help us out here
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by satani23: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I wouldn't be harsh on u cos u are one of  the few pple i admire on this site.

Bur sir, throwing nylon, paper garbages etc is one of the problems but just a very minute/small fraction of the problem. The larger bulk stops on the govts table.

This thread is to discuss the bad roads which is not the fault of the citizens of Lagos that the roads keeps getting destroyed few months after resurfacing. its got nothing to do with nylon, refuse etc. Tell government contractors to use the best materials in resurfacing the roads for it to stand the true test of time
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by johnjoel(m): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko oni baje ha ha ha
obaje ti jare
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by saydfact(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
[size=18pt]SM1 HELP ASK THE LAGOS STATE GOVT. TO PLS MENTION THE NUMEROUS RD PROJECTS THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE COMPLETED, PATCHING ROADS WITHOUT FIXING GUTTERS, AND IGNORANT PPLE DEY SCREEM "FASHOLA IS WORKING", [/size]

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
satani23:

I wouldn't be harsh on u cos u are one of  the few pple i admire on this site.

Bur sir, throwing nylon, paper garbages etc is one of the problems but just a very minute/small fraction of the problem. The larger bulk stops on the govts table.

This thread is to discuss the bad roads which is not the fault of the citizens of Lagos that the roads keeps getting destroyed few months after resurfacing. its got nothing to do with nylon, refuse etc. Tell government contractors to use the best materials in resurfacing the roads for it to stand the true test of time

Hello Sir . .  trust me, i do agree that we have govt that dont have a clue what governing is all about.
I remember some years back when i visited Nigeria, I saw how they were making the Ibadan - Ilesha road and i was nearly tempted to get out of the ride and ask questions, but my cousin warned me to just sit and drive.

Yes, we have govt that really need to make sure that theya re getting the value of what they are paying for, but how would that be, when same people that are evaluating the project are same that are collecting the bribe, when the people that are executing are the ones awarding the project.

I was on the site where i saw the cost of some of the projects that have been executed and paid for by Lagos state govt and i could not close my mouth for few mins.

However, my statement above is that we the citizen have a role to play as well.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Roland17(m): 2:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
so many clueless people are the reasons why Government would never progress, when people continually dispose refuse whenever it rains how would there not be flooding? can u count the number of pure water nylons in each gutter u walk past? not to talk of plastics and paper bags!!!, many of the channels are heavily blocked owing to poor environmental lifestyle of many Lagos residents, its very easy to blame the Lagos state government, but what have u done to make the situation better or worse as a resident of Lagos? how about residents who break roads without permit, people who burst water pipes while breaking roads? we see all these atrocities but pretend,  and the after effect would affect all. Government needs to do more, but residents have to start acting better,

If after your paid tour u are not impressed with Lagos, please pack your bag and those of ur family member living in Lagos and relocate, the options are numerous, that would help Lagos more,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
say-d-fact:

[size=18pt]SM1 HELP ASK THE LAGOS STATE GOVT. TO PLS MENTION THE NUMEROUS RD PROJECTS THEY CLAIMED TO HAVE COMPLETED, PATCHING ROADS WITHOUT FIXING GUTTERS, AND IGNORANT PPLE DEY SCREEM "FASHOLA IS WORKING", [/size]

if u voted Fashola, den u have no right to complain,

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

Lol . .  however, i will say Fashola is trying if you have to compare him to other governors and to those before him.
But he needs to do more and better stuff.
He need good people around him, like a law he wanna propose that rides can and must only be bought from registered dealers, what a funny joke
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by hbrednic: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2011
what do you expect when resurfacing contracts are awarded to cronies who cant get job done  
lagos is now a big mess  angry
we enjoyed lagos when jakande was incharge,look at the place today,very dirty and unmotorable
.i pity for the town where i grew up
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
hbrednic:

what do you expect when resurfacing contracts are awarded to cronies who cant get job done  
lagos is now a big mess  angry
we enjoyed lagos when jakande was incharge,look at the place today,very dirty and unmotorable
with touts everywhere colecting money for tinubu.i pity for the town where i grew up

Lol . . the population during the time of Jakande was nothing compared to what we have now, although, you could argue that the money generated then is nothing compared to what is being generated now. . . I honestly think more could be done now and has to be done
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
Stop talking rubbish, all the new roads in Lagos state have drainage and sidewalk. By law, you can not construct any road in Lagos without both.

Educate yourself before talking trash,

Please educate us @ eko ile, what is the definition of a drainage system

1. Please don't tell me its a deep dug trench that stretches to the end of a street and then pours into the adjoining one, please don't.

B4 u start talking of a drainage system on here, get a proper understanding of what  a drainage system is, cos I think u don't

its got nothing to do with how deep the trench is dug, at all,

9ja drainage system with no terminus/terminal for the waste, not connecting anywhere, tell me now if Sanusi Fafunwa waste links anywhere to any road,

stop making Lagos look like some developed city, please,

u wont find a dead body lying on d side road for days in a place that has a good environmental system, would you ?lipsrsealed

Please be easy on me for exposing your ignorance

making the most noise don't mean the most sense, hop u know that b4 u start to call people all sorts of names like u usually do,

Drainage system. LOL, in a city where they are using lantern to construct roads at night, while the Oyinbos are busy Lounging in Sheraton and the God father has already taken his bulk share of the road money, issshhh

Can we also deal with NOW and not blame any past Government, Fashola is responsible for Lagos now, not Jakande, also the revenue bn generated now is astronomical in figure, if managed well it will go a long way,

Drainage system don't mean rocket science system,, a University Graduate can design a simple one and workable process

we just happen to like to do seminars, talk talk and no action

I'm waiting for a banner like "HOW TO DEAL WITH LAGOS FLOOD IN THE 21ST CENTURY" with the whole Ministry staff sitting round a table smiling for network news and also drinking tea and coffee and eating food for a week. with no action after that, thats the norm, tok talk talk, 
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^^ Hmmmmmmm
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by omo9ja1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
The  recent flood in Laogos to me is class a natural disaster, it happen all over the world e.g US, and many more contries and state, so why are we thinking Fashola should be help responsible, however this is a wake up call that there still allot to be done in the state.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
omo9ja1:

The  recent flood in Laogos to me is class a natural disaster, it happen all over the world e.g US, and many more contries and state, so why are we thinking Fashola should be help responsible, however this is a wake up call that there still allot to be done in the state.

How many hours of rain was it?
What was the amount of rain that really came down? i am sure was probably not even measured.
What happened in the USA and other nations are not just a day or 2 rain
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
[b]We cant call BRF a propagandist because we know govs who have all the national newspapers editors on their payroll and speed-dial. He is not one of them. His works speaks for him.
As much as I would love to attack BRF and blame him for this enormous disaster, I realize my arguments would rather be emotional rather than logical.
BRF is a man who seem to underestimate the vast challenge called "Lagos".
Lagos is the perfect microcosm of Nigeria at large, and BRF's work is a lot more difficult based on the fact that he rules about 10% of the nation; and if he could survive at this level, he could rule the giant of Africa called Nigeria.
With the countless challenges facing Lagos day to day: fixing this problematic state would take more than 10 BRF administrations. But Fashola can do more if we stop making him feel like he's done it all. He definitely is imperfect and I wonder why he is not learning from some glaring mistakes and keep repeating it. One thing for sure: He's got a very long way to go and should focus more on the most pressing projects of the state. I think he will do fine based on his sincerity.
Eko o ni baje.[/b]
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^^ i love your statement about he is not perfect.
And that he should pay attention to some important things, but like you said, he has at least tried.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Lagosboy: 2:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
@all

Thanks for yoy inputs but this thread is not about flooding as there are other threads to discuss that. The thread is about Lagos roads which are not motorable and these roads spans almost all the local govts . The worst roads are the inner city roads and Lagosians could attest to this. How good is the road on your street ?

I travelled to Abuja and was super impressed with Abuja roads and the city in general . I am aware it is the federal money but Lagos generates lots of money and could we understand what the LG money is used for aside payment of salaries and the primary health centres (clinics) who dont dispense drugs.

Surulere which is Fasholas consitutuency has roads which would embarass any governor. Some of these roads are now under renovation but i cannot imagine how any governor would watch these roads degenerate. Surulere has a rep who is athe minority leader in the NASS Hakeem Gbajabiamillia and other big boys in Lagos politics yet they all drive on these roads.

I just cannot get where the problem lies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Capital Punishment: The Best Way to curb crime in Nigeria / Okorocha Bans Imo-Monarchs From Speaking English At Forums / VIPs Fly In Military Helicopters To Azazi's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.