Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Fashola And Lagos Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And Lagos Roads (10765 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kinikini: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2011
To butress the point made about the quality of the road work being done by Lagos State Contractors, pot holes are emerging on the Ozumba Mbadiwe road in front of Calverton Helicopter. The same road that gulped whooping 2 Billion Naira per Kilometre. You can deceive people many times but you cannot deceive them all the time.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
LFJ:

Mr Eko Ile, I think you need to be more matured in your response to issue. You don’t need to insult or call ppl names just because they have different view or they are ignorant of the privilege information you have. I doubt if Fashola will subscribe to this type of approach in defending his government. You need to be more civil in your approach, please don’t be offended, that is just my observation of you on this forum.

Shut your mouth. I don't need you to tell how to express myself.

Was I. Even talking to you?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by LFJ: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

Shut your mouth. I don't need you to tell how to express myself.

Was I. Even talking to you?

I am beginning to see your level, I am not here to join issue with you; you can definitely not give what you don’t have. Your problem is more of upbringing. I don’t see why a reasonable person will feel that insulting people is the best way to communicate your view. You definitely have a problem; I thought you were matured and reasonable before.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by phantom(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko ile, the junkyard dog, lol.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Lagosboy: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

That's not the point and I did not utter such rubbish so stop getting ahead of yourself.  
We are not all error proo and I'm sure they all have their regrets just like the the rest of us.

Yes, we have bad roads in lagos, but you can not tell that the state is not building and and fixing roads.
You can not tell me that the me that the 2 bilion the state budgets is enough to fix and build all the roads in lagos and other infrastructure and on top of that, pay hundreds of thousand civil servants, pay pensions, build schools, build hospitals, pay vendors and utilitites,

Tell me the governor can do magic and make it happen and I'll tell you you're not only unrealistic, but also on crak.

You people are the most unrealistic people on earth.

I have always done my best to avoid discussion with you on this forum although we might share somethings in common. Your manner of answering my question only just butresses my position. Anyway calm down and have a good day!

Money is voted to LG from the national pocket

1. Do they LG recieve all the money allocated to them. ( i understand it is on the basis of 23 or so LG but even if you divide it into 57 do they still get the total amt.)
2. What do the LGs do in terms of road rehab.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2011

Why all the needlessly and ignorant essay?

Even a day old baby sabi say the gutter in front of your house and under your street is a drainage system.

Do you really need me to define that for you?

Now, tell us how this definition is different from what's available in many households and streets in Lagos,

Btw, our drained water drains into the Atlantic and when the Laogs Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean pushes higher than normal because of the same rain, there's no where for the water to go hence flooding and it's the same case even in the most advanced countries with good drainage systems.

Illiterate Olodo people trying t sound intelligent, but they still lack basic common sense.

Which Lagos water is draining into the Atlantic Ocean, 4 where, I begiiiii Mr Yap every Nairalander, u don start with your
illusion again, dream ideas again,

Do you really have to use something bad happening in another country or another part of the world to compare your country to make u look good.

Okay if that's d case, why don't u use something good in another country like Malaysian development to compare what state your country is in right now, since we both got our independence around the same time,

People like you are always saying shebi it floods in Yankee, shebi it took America 100 years to get it right, is that the answer,

So because  BRF is the best performing Governor, we cannot talk about his short comings, what do you think is called criticism leads to perfection if the
person takes only 30% of it on board

I repeat, we know BRF, I have him on my BB and I have told him my own mind,

Kill off the Airport Project in Lekki and face the real basic problems and you name will be written in GOLD,

Any point in building roads that water will destroy as soon as it rain, any point in spending on a new airport
when there is no road to get there.

shioooorrrr. MR @ eko ile by force,

water flowing into Atlantic.ko water flowing into Pacific Ocean ni, show me naw,

4rm time immemorial a drainage system in Nigeria stop at the adjacent street and it never links each other

So as soon as you see a big hole by the street that a drainage system, duhhh lipsrsealed embarassed

I begi no come call dog as monkey for us here, please embarassed

@ eko ile, you reasoning level is surely belkow sea level the way and manner in which you conduct yourself on here with name
calling and the use of abusive and uncouth words,

You sure are beyond a fix,

It's either you have good mannerism or you simply dont, in you case, I suggest you check yourself inside and seek help, b4 you post,

Even a Primary school kid will do better and post in a public forum without bn abusive,

Grow up if u have not and if you have, Learn how to control your "it's only my word that counts stance/attitude u carry around"

God Help YOU. AMEN,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

I have always done my best to avoid discussion with you on this forum although we might share somethings in common. Your manner of answering my question only just butresses my position. Anyway calm down and have a good day!

Money is voted to LG from the national pocket

1. Do they LG recieve all the money allocated to them. ( i understand it is on the basis of 23 or so LG but even if you divide it into 57 do they still get the total amt.)
2. What do the LGs do in terms of road rehab.

Why are you moving the goal post.

You started your thread by insinuating that all the roads in Lagos are bad which was nothing but utter lies and ignorance on your part.

Are the new roads below not in some local governments?

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2011
/

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2011

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2011

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2011
Only in Nigeria, we need MOPOL, Oba's and a Governor to open a Trunk B road, and then we party afterwards,

ishhhhh.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2011

Why all the needlessly and ignorant essay?

Even a day old baby sabi say the gutter in front of your house and under your street is a drainage system.

Do you really need me to define that for you?

Now, tell us how this definition is different from what's available in many households and streets in Lagos,

Btw, our drained water drains into the Atlantic and when the Laogs Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean pushes higher than normal because of the same rain, there's no where for the water to go hence flooding and it's the same case even in the most advanced countries with good drainage systems.

Illiterate Olodo people trying t sound intelligent, but they still lack basic common sense.

Which Lagos water is draining into the Atlantic Ocean, 4 where, I begiiiii Mr Yap every Nairalander, u don start with your
illusion again, dream ideas again,

Do you really have to use something bad happening in another country or another part of the world to compare your country to make u look good.

Okay if that's d case, why don't u use something good in another country like Malaysian development to compare what state your country is in right now, since we both got our independence around the same time,

People like you are always saying shebi it floods in Yankee, shebi it took America 100 years to get it right, is that the answer,

So because BRF is the best performing Governor, we cannot talk about his short comings, what do you think is called criticism leads to perfection if the
person takes only 30% of it on board

I repeat, we know BRF, I have him on my BB and I have told him my own mind,

Kill off the Airport Project in Lekki and face the real basic problems and you name will be written in GOLD,

Any point in building roads that water will destroy as soon as it rain, any point in spending on a new airport
when there is no road to get there.

shioooorrrr. MR @ eko ile by force,

water flowing into Atlantic.ko water flowing into Pacific Ocean ni, show me naw,

4rm time immemorial a drainage system in Nigeria stop at the adjacent street and it never links each other

So as soon as you see a big hole by the street that a drainage system, duhhh lipsrsealed embarassed

I begi no come call dog as monkey for us here, please embarassed

@ eko ile, you reasoning level is surely belkow sea level the way and manner in which you conduct yourself on here with name
calling and the use of abusive and uncouth words,

You sure are beyond a fix,

It's either you have good mannerism or you simply dont, in you case, I suggest you check yourself inside and seek help, b4 you post,

Even a Primary school kid will do better and post in a public forum without bn abusive,

Grow up if u have not and if you have, Learn how to control your "it's only my word that counts stance/attitude u carry around"

God Help YOU. AMEN,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^^ Get your rubbish out of my face.

Where do you think the water we use go? Inside your mouth?

These are a few pictures from the floods in Lagos State Nigeria caused by the rainfall of Sunday 10 July 2011 that satrted at about 5am local time and stopped at about 12 midnight. Most of these pictures were taken in the Victoria Island and Lekki Peninsula parts of the city. According to reports, the Lagos state government said the water levels in the Laogs Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean rose higher than anticipated thus ensuring that water that is to drain into these 2 water bodies remained on the roads.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-633484

Abeg, stop bothering me with your ignorant essays,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
eyaaa if only the Atlantic Ocean could speak, ds one that all accusing fingers are bn pointed @ her,

@ eko ile please stop licking governments bum, they have enuff bum lickers already,

we praise where praise is due, in ds case we have said our own bit its up ti the person the people elected to prove us wrong

how person go dey wey go dey stainless no blame cos hes doing a good job, absolute complacency will sure set it
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
Posted by: Lagosboy

@all

Thanks for yoy inputs but this thread is not about flooding as there are other threads to discuss that. The thread is about Lagos roads which are not motorable and these roads spans almost all the local govts . The worst roads are the inner city roads and Lagosians could attest to this. How good is the road on your street ?

I travelled to Abuja and was super impressed with Abuja roads and the city in general . I am aware it is the federal money but Lagos generates lots of money and could we understand what the LG money is used for aside payment of salaries and the primary health centres (clinics) who dont dispense drugs.

Surulere which is Fasholas consitutuency has roads which would embarass any governor. Some of these roads are now under renovation but i cannot imagine how any governor would watch these roads degenerate. Surulere has a rep who is athe minority leader in the NASS Hakeem Gbajabiamillia and other big boys in Lagos politics yet they all drive on these roads.

I just cannot get where the problem lies.

Again, curb your ignorance.

Are we talking about the same surulere below,

TWO months after some major developmental schemes were delivered by the Lagos authorities to the people of Surulere and its environs, experts within the building industry have started examining the effects of these projects on the property value in the area.

Generally, the experts mainly members of the estate surveying and valuer’s fold are of the view that the coming of these projects may give additional impetus to jerk up property value in Surulere.

And if that happens as being foreseen, fortunes would smile on property owners and some tenants may have to relocate to outskirts, where rents are still affordable.

Notably among the projects are the Gbaja Shopping Mall, the upgraded Adeniran Ogunsanya Street and Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping Mall, among others, which have been described as the state’s government urban renewal scheme

T[b]he upgraded 1.02 kilometre long road stretches from Alhaji Masha/Shitta round about to Bode Thomas road, which includes Akerele, Ogunlana, Adelabu, Babs Animashaun road forms part of the inner ring roads currently under construction while the dualisation of Adeniran Ogunsanya road is a 1.024 kilometres that connects Bode Thomas with the Alhaji Masha/Shitta Round-about.[/b]

http://www.ghanamma.com/2011/04/20/new-roads-malls-to-trigger-hike-in-surulere%E2%80%99s-property-value/

The fact is, many of you don't give a damn about Lagos state, you main goal is to spew rubbish and trash about lagos state without any kind of sensible justification, you are just like the rest of the trolls on NL running around yelling Fashola and Tinubu as if your last breath depends on your ability to spew rubbish.

Let me know if you have any more ignorant trash for me to dispel.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2011
@ eko ile, even when there were no good roads, prices of properties have always bn on the rise in lagos, beyond, normal business parameters, unless you want to kid yourself, like u do most times, nor come use that sharara us 4 hia,

I mean, how will I buy land for billions in the middle of that squalor, and call it banana island,

Most of Lagos is built on is hype, not value, just like our .stocks,

you build a small house u nor do proper foundation and u come put swimming pool dey use advertise am, , 4 what, only in Nija,
embarassed
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Seanet1000: 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2011
People just don't get it. Lagos is almost below sea level with majority of the soils almost impervious and with the global warming which is resulting in flooding. This is not about Fashola, it is about a natural disaster which is beyond human control and the failure of The Federal government to consider Lagos as a special state despite its huge infrastructural needs and marsh terrain even though the Federal government of those 70 and 80 refuse to prepare ahead. By the way do people understand that the continental shelf that lagos shoreline has gotten does not help matters when the Atlantic ocean rises above normal level? What about the monumental failure of the Federal Government to remove ship wreckages off the shoreline? People don't just get it. What about the same hypocrites here crying foul when Fashola decides to demolish houses on water or drainage path? People should just learn to talk with their upper chambers evel? What about the monumental failure of the Federal Government to remove ship wreckages off the shoreline? People don't just get it. What about the same hypocrites here crying foul when Fashola decides to demolish houses on water or drainage path? People should just learn to talk with their upper chambers
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
ideylaff:

@ eko ile, even when there were no good roads, prices of properties have always bn on the rise in lagos, beyond, normal business parameters, unless you want to kid yourself, like u do most times, nor come use that sharara us 4 hia,

I mean, how will I buy land for billions in the middle of that squalor, and call it banana island,

Most of Lagos is built on is hype, not value, just like our .stocks,

you build a small house u nor do proper foundation and u come put swimming pool dey use advertise am,  , 4 what, only in Nija,
embarassed

What else do you have to tell us and how many times are you going to repeat yourself.

We've heard you, Lagos is trash, Fashola is incompetent, what else is new?

You are sounding like damn broken record and a silly disgruntled elements.

All you're doing is trolling, Lagos and Lagosians are the last thing on your shallow mind and ignorant mind

I'll ignore you till you have something less ignorant to talk about,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ajibsca: 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2011
I for one person think that Government should provide a proper waste disposal system . Even the masses of Nigeria now run after waste disposal trucks . Why can't they just provide big waste bins as seen in foreign countries at certain junctions or points whereby you just drop your garbage in there and they in turn come there to pack away all the garbage. Or better still put your garbage in front of your house and it will be picked up by the waste collectors, Yes we are Nigerians that think crazily yet we are not animals, No noise, no stress, no hassles. But in the Nigeria of today , if they award the contract to supply 1 million waste bins, na just 100,000 dem go buy.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
What else do you have to tell us and how many times are you going to repeat yourself.

We've heard you, Lagos is trash, Fashola is incompetent, what else is new?

You are sounding like damn broken record and a silly disgruntled elements.

Thank GOD you are not the editor of a newspaper, u sure wont make a good one

Can't you see the difference between criticism and condemnation, so once u criticise it means the person is totally bad,

Does Obama not have his own short comings, so why are you taking this so personal as per Fashola,

I always told you he his my Friend I have always known him even before he became a Governor, 
I have his phone numbers, we talk now and again on issues and personal things, I am one of the
very few people who will tell him as it is and not lick his bum like most others do

Fashola is a very good governor, competent in many areas but he his human, I have no problems with that, but to be beyond criticism is utterly unacceptable, that's all we are saying.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
I thought this thread was to discuss the flooding and all that . . . how come chairs are flying
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ideylaff: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
I thought this thread was to discuss the flooding and all that . . . how come chairs are flying

LOL na @ eko ile dey throw the chairs now, cheesy
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by pingme: 7:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
Kinikini:

To butress the point made about the quality of the road work being done by Lagos State Contractors, pot holes are emerging on the Ozumba Mbadiwe road in front of Calverton Helicopter. The same road that gulped whooping 2 Billion Naira per Kilometre. You can deceive people many times but you cannot deceive them all the time.
That's my main grouse with the administration. I know 2 roads that was constructed during Fashola's first term that have massive potholes now. It's disgraceful.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
ajibsca:

I for one person think that Government should provide a proper waste disposal system . Even the masses of Nigeria now run after waste disposal trucks . Why can't they just provide big waste bins as seen in foreign countries at certain junctions or points whereby you just drop your garbage in there and they in turn come there to pack away all the garbage. Or better still put your garbage in front of your house and it will be picked up by the waste collectors,  Yes we are Nigerians that think crazily yet we are not animals,  No noise, no stress, no hassles. But in the Nigeria of today , if they award the contract to supply 1 million waste bins, na just 100,000 dem go buy.

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
ideylaff:

Thank GOD you are not the editor of a newspaper, u sure wont make a good one

Can't you see the difference between criticism and condemnation, so once u criticise it means the person is totally bad,

Does Obama not have his own short comings, so why are you taking this so personal as per Fashola,

I always told you he his my Friend I have always known him even before he became a Governor, 
I have his phone numbers, we talk now and again on issues and personal things, I am one of the
very few people who will tell him as it is and not lick his bum like most others do

Fashola is a very good governor, competent in many areas but he his human, I have no problems with that, but to be beyond criticism is utterly unacceptable, that's all we are saying.

Criticism and ignorance are not the same thing.

You can not base your criticism on ignorance and expect a meaningful outcome.

Try educate yourself about Lagos state before running your ignorant mouth.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ikeyman00(m): 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

the question me ve been asking??

the quality of roads i saw in lagos isnt impressive at all!!!!

yes blame it on the rain or maybe the population

the roads hmmmm cool shocked shocked
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2011
Some of those pictures remind me of the Tinubu days when the man bought plastic bins and claimed he was fixing the waste problem in Lagos. We all know how that went.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by ajibsca: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

Mr Eko Ile, I havent seen those waste bins anywhere and I mean anywhere in Lagos state. And FYI , those are mere plastic bins that would get broken in less than a month. I'm talking about big metal waste bins that can't be moved and are as big as the size of water tanks. That's what they use in Dubai and its working for them. Having LAWMA come and pack dirt is not enough because they come around when the working class people are working in their respective offices which serves them as an excuse that LAWMA isn't working. THEY NEED COLLECTION POINTS WHERE YOU CAN GO EMPTY YOUR TRASH BIN. YOU CAN'T SEE A DUSTBIN EVERYWHERE AND FOR FREE AND DECIDE TO POUR DIRT INTO THE GUTTERS.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
ajibsca:

Mr Eko Ile, I havent seen those waste bins anywhere and I mean anywhere in Lagos state. And FYI , those are mere plastic bins that would get broken in less than a month. I'm talking about big metal waste bins that can't be moved and are as big as the size of water tanks. That's what they use in Dubai and its working for them. Having LAWMA come and pack dirt is not enough because they come around when the working class people are working in their respective offices which serves them as an excuse that LAWMA isn't working.  THEY NEED COLLECTION POINTS WHERE YOU CAN GO EMPTY YOUR TRASH BIN. YOU CAN'T SEE A DUSTBIN EVERYWHERE AND FOR FREE AND DECIDE TO POUR DIRT INTO THE GUTTERS.
The trash bins are free, go get yours.

but im sure you were not driving around the streets of lagos  looking from house to  house for trash bins.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

The trash bins are free, go get yours.

but im sure you were not driving around the streets of lagos  looking from house to  house for trash bins.

Do you have one in your house lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 8:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
ajibsca:

Mr Eko Ile, I havent seen those waste bins anywhere and I mean anywhere in Lagos state. And FYI , those are mere plastic bins that would get broken in less than a month. I'm talking about big metal waste bins that can't be moved and are as big as the size of water tanks. That's what they use in Dubai and its working for them. Having LAWMA come and pack dirt is not enough because they come around when the working class people are working in their respective offices which serves them as an excuse that LAWMA isn't working. THEY NEED COLLECTION POINTS WHERE YOU CAN GO EMPTY YOUR TRASH BIN. YOU CAN'T SEE A DUSTBIN EVERYWHERE AND FOR FREE AND DECIDE TO POUR DIRT INTO THE GUTTERS.

can you explain where big metal trash bins the size of water tanks, would be placed in crowded neighborhoods.

in the middle of the street?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Seanet1000: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Some of those pictures remind me of the Tinubu days when the man bought plastic bins and claimed he was fixing the waste problem in Lagos. We all know how that went.
Look at this one, hypocrite, when last did you spend a single month in Lagos to ascertain that Tinubu did not do that? You think everybody is the pap retailer in your village that can digest this lies? Abeg shut up your mouth if you are bereft of ideas and facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos, Ekiti, Seven Others Are Heavy Debtors –FRC / Osinbajo Lays Foundation For Police Crime Database / 2023: Nobody Can Impose Candidate On Us In Rivers – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.