Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Fashola And Lagos Roads - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola And Lagos Roads (10762 Views)

Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2011
jmaine:

Do you have one in your house  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes I do.

It is understandable that trolls like you are too dirty to have trash bins, talk less knowing what they are used for.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yes I do.

It is understandable that trolls like you are too dirty to have trash bins, talk less knowing what they are used for.

Your area and address please . . .
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by deelobe: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lagos Boy I concur with you. I hope Fashola or one of his people will read this. I live off Kayode Street the link road between Onikpanu and Musin. Kayode street was resurfaced and that can only last one month. The Musin end cannot be talked about it is eye sore. I have always wondered whether its because of party loyalty that he has turned a blind eye to all these things. Eko O ni baje
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by deelobe: 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lagos Boy I concur with you. I hope Fashola or one of his people will read this. I live off Kayode Street the link road between Onikpanu and Musin. Kayode street was resurfaced and that can only last one month. The Musin end cannot be talked about it is eye sore. I have always wondered whether its because of party loyalty that he has turned a blind eye to all these things. Eko O ni baje
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
D rains have been particularly bad this year and so many vehicles are plying our Roads, no Road use tax, ko easy, go to the north and see that d roads there are even worse!!!
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Una never ask for account of the tax wey una don pay already but you are already suggesting that people need to be taxed some more?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Sacarstic: 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
I think the problem really has to do with Local Government,the roads belonging to the LG are the worst,i think like a NL posted it has to do with this God father stuff because they know their fate for a second term does not lie with the people but Tinubu, if i have the means to kill the Chairman of my LGA i would have sent him out of this system because he is a slowpoke, Dig deep into the profiles of this Chairmen you will discover they are all area boys,i think Amuwo Odofin LG Chairman has to be commended, the worst is Ejigbo LGA they should go and hug a tree for all i care.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by phantom(m): 11:17pm On Jul 12, 2011
Eko ile, please tell your tin god to stop building flashy malls( the private sector is there for that) and concentrate on things that matter, i am  afraid that the next time we discuss flooding like this in  lagos, e  no  go funny at all,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by tpia5: 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
some are angry fashola is building malls

others are angry he's planting trees, flowers and beautifying lagos.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2011
phantom:

Eko ile, please tell your tin god to stop building flashy malls( the private sector is there for that) and concentrate on things that matter, i am  afraid that the next time we discuss flooding like this in  lagos, e  no  go funny at all,

Normally I don't attend to senseless troll, but I'll make an exception for now,

Now, I need you to show me the flashy mall the Lagos state governor built.

Do that or forever shut your ignorant mouth. Silly troll.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
Sacarstic:

I think the problem really has to do with Local Government,the roads belonging to the LG are the worst,i think like a NL posted it has to do with this God father stuff because they know their fate for a second term does not lie with the people but Tinubu, if i have the means to kill the Chairman of my LGA i would have sent him out of this system because he is a slowpoke, Dig deep into the profiles of this Chairmen you will discover they are all area boys,i think Amuwo Odofin LG Chairman has to be commended, the worst is Ejigbo LGA they should go and hug a tree for all i care.

You really want to bring Tinubu directly into this?  shocked shocked shocked shocked The man holds no real political office for pete's sake! Why blame him in anyway?
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
tpia@:

This is really perplexing. It's very obvious these people are just throwing anything and everything in the air just to get attention because the are not even trying to make sense,
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by aljharem3: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2011
tpia@:

grin grin grin grin grin well said

in life, u can't satisfy everyone especially the non-indigenes wink
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
And if he starts demolishing those houses on drainage systems, some idiotas will say he is trying to chase their tribe away from Lagos,

Lagos is a very big challenge for any administration!! You all blame him of planting trees; I guess you illiterates never knew trees help reduce the effects of strong wind,

Lagos is almost already turning to a desert at sea and flooding is almost inevitable!! Why are we so quick to blame?

Californians don't blame earthquakes, wild fire, storms on their govt do they? because they accepted their fate determined by nature,

Every Winter, there is snow storm and power outages that could go on for weeks in US and Canada but I've never seen anyone blaming the govt because they understand it is a natural occurence,

Ask Floridians what they go through during spring! Are you guys serious? Last winter, Heathrow and Gatwick were shut down due to snow storm and flights were canceled,

If you wanna know how bad floods are in the US, ask auto insurance companies that write off tens of thousands of cars each year because of flood!

You people are just haters and pray for the down fall of Lagos because it not yours and your state can't even come close in millenniums,   

Ohh and if you wanna know how bad it is in SE, go there and see!! Their's is not even flood for crying out loud, it is EROSION! Yet those South Easterners will open their mouth gbau gbau and say Lagos is a shithole when they can't handle common erosion,  Idiotas!!!

Your criticism will only make Lagos better and better!! Keep criticizing us while you praise your inactive governors!! Keep it up!! One day you'll wake up and see that your state is the worst!!
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by phantom(m): 11:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
make una no vex me o,cos i ve got mmiriojo( the best rainmaker in my villa)on  speed dial, and we all know how it ends ,  grin
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 11:46pm On Jul 12, 2011
How can sane people call criticizing leadership with empirical proof as being hateful . . . only because you all have some uncouth sentiments with the people involved . . . Jokers you all are
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
jmaine:

How can sane people call criticizing leadership with empirical proof as being hateful . . . only because you all have some uncouth sentiments with the people involved . . . Jokers you all are

Negroe shut up!! Why not criticize on something other than natural disaster?

There is no perfect drainage system for flood, there can be flood anywhere!!
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 11:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
0lumide:

Negroe shut up!! Why not criticize on something other than natural disaster?

There is no perfect drainage system for flood,  there can be flood anywhere!!

Did you take time to read the title of the thread and the OP . . . So bad roads due to poor workmanship and maintenance is now a natural disaster . .you must be a damn sick dude . . You are the one that needs to spare us those trash emanating from your mouth . .by Shutting the Fvck up
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

Did you take time to read the title of the thread and the OP . . . So bad roads due to poor workmanship and maintenance is now a natural disaster . .you must be a damn sick dude . . You are the one that needs to spare us those trash emanating from your mouth . .by Shutting the Fvck up

Go jor!! Those roads were damaged by flood oniranu grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Desola(f): 12:02am On Jul 13, 2011
Please give it up for Mide boy! He has single handedly dealt with these ibo bigots.

They hate us because they wanna be like us! They try but they would never come close!

Olumide, please come around more often.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 12:02am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

Olodo, the OP's assertions and the thread is based on lies and ignorance and illiterates like you spewing rubbish

Show us one single sensible post of yours in this thread. You are nothing but a non contributing nuisance in this thread.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 12:08am On Jul 13, 2011
0lumide:

Go jor!! Those roads were damaged by flood oniranu grin grin grin grin grin

So what about those areas with dilapidated roads where flooding is not a problem . . . can you give us a reason as to why it is so . . with particular reference to Onike and the sabo areas
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 13, 2011
We as citizens have a role to play to maintain our roads!!

When roads are built with drainage systems in place, what do we do, we pour all sorts of things in the drainage system and block it,

Please tell me it is Fashola that is pouring rubbish in the drainage systems,

I'm all for opposing government on objective matters; on matters that are a result of bad leadership not on issues that are a result of dirty citizens!!
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

So what about those areas with dilapidated roads where flooding is not a problem . . . can you give us a reason as to why it is so . . with particular reference to Onike and the sabo areas

What about the new roads? Obviously, you are a sadist and the only thing that excites you is negativity.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Olodo, the OP's assertions and the thread is based on lies and ignorance and illiterates like you spewing rubbish

You seriously need help . .Do you even know those areas and their present state . . .it's glaring you are the blatant liar here . . . maybe you might want to serve us with your usual charade of posting current pictures of the areas the OP and other concerned thread contributors mentioned as eye sores and which are plain facts . . unless someone as blind as you will want to deny . .dude . . It's obvious you know nothing about what you struggle to defend .

Eko Ile:

Show us one single sensible post of yours in this thread. You are nothing but a non contributing nuisance in this thread.

Oh really . . . If a deranged mind like you should rate me high, that would serve as a symptom of a serious problem to my person . .so your not seeing any sensible post from me is a good sign that am on the track of sanity . . .abeg, rate your fellow imps that abound on the thread
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jason123: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2011
[size=14pt]@ Jmaine and Phantom[/size]
Objectively speaking, I think you should give him a bit of credit (especially if you guys are current residing in the state). You should know that there are OVER 18 million people in THAT SMALL STATE. With that sort of POPULATION DENSITY, it is going to be very hard to keep the state clean (Imagine have 20 5 yr kids in a 1 bedroom apartment as a single father or mother cheesy). If you cannot keep the state clean, those drains will be blocked and if that happens, flooding is inevitable (even if an underground drainage system was built before the rains).
If you want an underground drainage system, apart from the EXTREME HIGH COST; lives will be destroyed, in the sense that, most shops and houses will be demolished. This will lead to unemployment and destitution leading to socio-economic crimes like robbery and fraud (respectively speaking). THEN, Ethnicity comes to play,  an ethnic group will feel like it was targeted (the last time, the Igbos felt they were targeted. This time, it might be Hausas or even Yorubas undecided) and this might even lead to mistrust and insecurity of these groups in the state.

Guys, you have to understand that Lagos is a complex state with OVER 250 ethnic groups residing in it and OVER 18 MILLION people call the state home. Even though, the state is virtually a Lagoon. Such radical transformation (your type of transformation) will not only cause strive, frustration and insecurity but also, bankrupt the state. Bankrupt because when the national census program was conducted, everyone remembered that they had a state and Lagos is a "Yoruba man's land". This led to a reduction in allocations given to the state. So basically, Lagos is being paid for 10 million people but takes care of 18 million people (everyone came back and remembered that "WE ARE ALL LAGOSIANS" undecided shocked grin (it was just a joke oo))

What Fashola needs is encouragement and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism not discouragement and lack of understanding from "his people". Also, note that Fashola did not expect this. It is the worst rain fall Lagos has ever recorded.

Thanks for understanding . . . .
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 12:59am On Jul 13, 2011
The OP said this about Lagos roads

This is not a thread for tribal attacks please and, neither was it created in any bad faith.

I spent a couple of weeks in Lagos and I was terribly dissappointed by the state of Lagos roads. I travelled round at least 10 LGA and apart from the new Lekki expresway i could not find any inner city road motorable. In Oshodi Isolo LG , i could not find a single road without pot holes and to make matters worse the road in front of the LGA office has one of the biggest pot holes i have seen, same goes for the road in front of Ikeja LG office. Gbagada roads are just damn shite, Mushin roads are not to be mentioned, GRA ikeja roads are filled with several pot holes and so on.

I am aware there are federal roads, state roads and LG roads but roads within the LG are the worst of all, which makes me wonder why the state governor cannot intervene and sort these roads out. LAst time i checked the fund of the LG are paid through the state government and most govs deduct whatever they wished from the LG funds.

LG are the closest to the poeple but i cannot see any governance from the LGs. Fashola is praised everyday and I appreciate he is among the best amongst his mates but the state of Lagos roads are terrible. I hear Lagos has built more roads than Ghana but what about maintenance of the roads which is what make roads stand the test of time.

This brings me to the manner in which LG elections are held in Lagos. All ACN candidates are handpicked and are almost 99% certain of victory once Tinubu SELECTS them. These LG chairman are not answerable to the people as they know a second term ticket is in the hands of one man and not the people. I dont even think the LG chairman show loyalty to Fashola but rather it is to Tinubu.

These are my personal thoughts and open for discussion.

1. The OP lied that he traveled to 10 LGs in Lagos and all the roads are bad. Well that was nothing but bold face lies and I've posted pictures in this thread to confirm his lies.

2. He asserted that surulere is a shitty place with bad roads. Again, I proved him wrong with the quote below .

We know the liar didn't drive to any silly 10 local governments, is he a journeyman?

New roads, malls to trigger hike in Surulere’s property value

TWO months after some major developmental schemes were delivered by the Lagos authorities to the people of Surulere and its environs, experts within the building industry have started examining the effects of these projects on the property value in the area.

Generally, the experts mainly members of the estate surveying and valuer’s fold are of the view that the coming of these projects may give additional impetus to jerk up property value in Surulere.

And if that happens as being foreseen, fortunes would smile on property owners and some tenants may have to relocate to outskirts, where rents are still affordable.

Notably among the projects are the Gbaja Shopping Mall, the upgraded Adeniran Ogunsanya Street and Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping Mall, among others, which have been described as the state’s government urban renewal scheme[b]

The upgraded 1.02 kilometre long road stretches from Alhaji Masha/Shitta round about to Bode Thomas road, which includes Akerele, Ogunlana, Adelabu, Babs Animashaun road forms part of the inner ring roads currently under construction while the dualisation of Adeniran Ogunsanya road is a 1.024 kilometres that connects Bode Thomas with the Alhaji Masha/Shitta Round-about.[/b]

http://www.ghanamma.com/2011/04/20/new-roads-malls-to-trigger-hike-in-surulere%E2%80%99s-property-value/

The OP is a liar and you are a liar too.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2011
I would give you a simple assignment to show us the current state of
Eko Ile:

The OP said this about Lagos roads

1. The OP lied that he traveled to 10 LGs in Lagos and all the roads are bad. Well that was nothing but bold face lies and I've posted pictures in this thread to confirm his lies.

2. He asserted that surulere is a shitty place with bad roads. Again, I proved him wrong with the quote below .

We know the liar didn't drive to any silly 10 local governments, is he a journeyman?

The OP is a liar and you are a liar too.

So if am journeying from Bariga to Agege . .how many Local Government would i pass ? or let's say from Obalende to Ikorodu . .you really don't know much about Lagos boy so cut the crap . . . visiting 10 L.G.A in a space of days is not a big deal . .if you want to dwell on that point . .  Now give us a[b] current[/b] pics of those roads you mentioned were upgraded in Surulere that countered the OP and other posters on ground  .
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 1:36am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

I would give you a simple assignment to show us the current state of
So if am journeying from Bariga to Agege . .how many Local Government would i pass ? or let's say from Obalende to Ikorodu . .you really don't know much about Lagos boy so cut the crap . . . visiting 10 L.G.A in a space of days is not a big deal . .if you want to dwell on that point . .  Now give us a[b] current[/b] pics of those roads you mentioned were upgraded in Surulere that countered the OP and other posters on ground  . 

I know you can not read. The article I posted named all the roads and it was published just 3 months ago. Read and comprehend.

Olodo. You drove with that liar to the 10 local governments? Talk about what you know and can prove, not silly hearsay and internet rumors.

Relief as govt delivers AdeniranOgunsanya Street, shopping mall to residents

It was joy galore for Lagos’ residents at the weekend as the state government delivered the upgraded Adeniran Ogunsanya Street and Adeniran Ogunsanya Shopping Mall to residents of Surulere. The road, which was formerly a single carriageway with its associated traffic jam, has been upgraded to a dual carriageway with all the complimentary features.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/features/6283.html

Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 1:49am On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

I know you can not read. The article I posted named all the roads and it was published just 3 months ago. Read and comprehend.

The article said so ,and i said give us a current proof to counter the sore roads pointed out on this thread by genuine posters

Eko Ile:

Olodo. You drove with that liar to the 10 local governments? Talk about what you know and can prove, not silly hearsay and internet rumors.

I was asking you why you felt it was impossible for the OP not to have passed through 10 L.G.A throughout his sojourn in Lagos, abi na the[b] travel[/b] dey confuse you for him post  undecided undecided  . . . And i simply asked you a practical question of =====> If am commuting from Obalende = Agege on a trip . .how many L.G.A will i pass through . . oboy. e be like say, you no sabi Lagos at all oh! Oya, use google take answer me  cheesy cheesy . . .
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by EkoIle1: 2:11am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

The article said so ,and i said give us a current proof to counter the sore roads pointed out on this thread by genuine posters

I was asking you why you felt it was impossible for the OP not to have passed through 10 L.G.A throughout his sojourn in Lagos, abi na the[b] travel[/b] dey confuse you for him post  undecided undecided  . . . And i simply asked you a practical question of =====> If am commuting from Obalende = Agege on a trip . .how many L.G.A will i pass through . . oboy. e be like say, you no sabi Lagos at all oh! Oya, use google take answer me  cheesy cheesy . . .

Which I did twice and by extension exposing you both as liars

Figuring the OP's lies really was no rocket science. The way he put together his post from Fashola to Tinubu, to health care and the ridiculous driving to 10 local governments stood out as huge lies and a silly attempt to trash.

As fr you co signing lies as usual, driving through 10 local governments shouldn't = every road in the local governments are bad. And to tie Fashola in with his trash talk, he ignorantly threw in Surulere by claiming that even the streets in his district are all bad.

The fact is Surulere is fast regaining it's lost glory as stated in the news article with new roads, malls and increased property value.

I'm not saying don't show up on NL to spew lies, just know that Eko Ile is here to expose your lies. The OP ain't the first exposed liar and he ain't gonna be the last.
Re: Fashola And Lagos Roads by jmaine: 2:14am On Jul 13, 2011
^^ Confirmed you don't know a sniff about Lagos . .try not to meddle[b] deeply[/b] in any discussion that might expose your deceit to all . . .case rested until you go gaga again wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

51 Senators Absent As 57 Senators Elect Saraki As President / Wuese Tyopev Decamps To APC With Thousands In Benue / Oyetola: God, Osun People Will Decide My Fate In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.