Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,712 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32862 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your submission doesn't change the fact that God exists , which the OP came here to challenge cos God crates the so-called spiritually in the first place. It doesnt exist in a vacuum. If being Christian is slavery, I'm glad being enslaved by it.

Enjoy your slavery. For your information, I am a GOD who will die like man and later come back through reincarnation. The bible is just a code, read it to crack it up...

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by RecessionistPMB: 9:42pm On May 08, 2022
One day, you will come here and rewrite this very post. An encounter with Him will prove His existence! That's all!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Emperordynasty: 9:42pm On May 08, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Go and check the meaning of being an atheist before you start talking of native doctors and babalawo. They don't believe in spiritualism and will dare any one to their face, bro.
The more reason why I'm telling u ur average Nairaland atheist is just looking for the nearest pastor or church to ridicule and insult cuz Christians ain't violent or are not keen on using their spiritual power against persecutors..

But bring all this radarada athiest a native doctor dressed in his regalia who might even be fake and u will see them running helter skelter..

Besides most of u only started hearing on Nigerian atheist on Nairaland, aside this forum they all believe in the superstistons we all do..trying to copy the Oyinbo scientist Dey watch on TV bunch of wannabes.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:42pm On May 08, 2022
Danf:
Atheists are indirectly worshipping Satan,they is nothing like neutrality,is either you are of Light or Darkness
nope they are not, I'm atheist as well.
Do you know those who believe in satan? Christians, it's you Christians that have imaginary friends and enemies. We atheist think those are ridiculous things to believe in

5 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ekugbeh(m): 9:42pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
woke ke. Even Elon musk, Joe Biden is religious.
So ur choice
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Immorttal: 9:43pm On May 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.
who is God?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:43pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
I do not believe in God because the bible says so, i believe in God because i know how difficult it is to make the simplest thing. Do you know that the DNA carries the code of everything and every function of your body likr a computer program? And this DNA is located in every cell of your body? The size of your head, the color of your eyes is coded in the DNA of your nails? This cant happen by chance.

This is enough to establish that there was a designer. Now how God came about is our next quest but to dismiss the intelligence of design we see in the universe because we cannot go further to know about the designer is pedestrian. Perhaps as knowledge increase we might get there
who created your God?
Since everything cannot exist without a designer.
That's the question I want you to answer

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
You were designed, there has to be a designer
TheMaterialist:
Nothing Anyone Says on this Thread Proves the Existence or Non-Existence of a God, or a group of Gods.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
Devil at work in your life.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
I do not believe in God because the bible says so, i believe in God because i know how difficult it is to make the simplest thing. Do you know that the DNA carries the code of everything and every function of your body likr a computer program? And this DNA is located in every cell of your body? The size of your head, the color of your eyes is coded in the DNA of your nails? This cant happen by chance.

This is enough to establish that there was a designer. Now how God came about is our next quest but to dismiss the intelligence of design we see in the universe because we cannot go further to know about the designer is pedestrian. Perhaps as knowledge increase we might get there
I'm proposing that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created your God.
Do you believe that?

Is it smart and sincere enough to just say you don't know?
Your God cannot come of thin air, he must have been created by something as well according to your logic

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Olatara(f): 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Good for you, do whatever you like. Stop seeking validation from invisible people (they actually don't care).

Do your thing and live right.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by GreenCovering: 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I don't believe in anything. I only accept facts and evidence.
You cannot assume for people

In other words you only believe in facts and evidence.

It is important to know that a true believer in God does not oppose evidence based facts. But in addition to that, he believes in Godly sources where his perception of what constitutes a fact is limited.

For example, a blind man's sense of what constitutes a fact is limited to touch and a few other things (sight not included). However, If he has a trusted friend who is not blind like him and who always tells him the truth he will be able to widen his perception by the aid of that friend thereby avoiding running into walls.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 9:46pm On May 08, 2022
Nijagogetsense:

Enjoy your slavery. For your information, I am a GOD who will die like man and later come back through reincarnation. The bible is just a code, read it to crack it up...
OK, thanks mortal god grin, you have to die one day for sure. Eternal God doesn't die. He remains God from the beginning of the world till the end and beyond.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Guy, you don't know me and you don't have to. My life was meaninglessness until when I met Christ. I was born into a generation of idol worshippers. Nobody in my lineage had achieved what I've got today, glory be to God.

Your life was meaningless to the extent that you can't afford to eat bah? I understand your angle and what really happened. There are a lot of factors that make you achieve what you achieve:

1. Self-awareness

2. Try of new things

3. New belief

4. Civilization

And lots more

Mind you, if you change to Buddhist, Islam, Hindu you will get the same answer as well. Anyways, goodluck grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:47pm On May 08, 2022
GreenCovering:

In other words you only believe in facts and evidence.

It is important to know that a true believer in God does not oppose evidence based facts. But in addition to that, he believes in Godly where his perception of what constitutes a fact is limited.

For example, a blind man's sense of what constitutes a fact is limited to touch and a few other things (sight not included). However, If he has a trusted friend who is not blind like him and who always tells him the truth he will be able to widen his perception by the aid of that friend thereby avoiding running into walls.
I think you need to go back to school and understand the difference between "accept" and "believe".
You are mentally incapaciated to the extent that you cannot fathom the possibility of someone not believing in something.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Damian10(m): 9:48pm On May 08, 2022
Have you ever asked yourself how you came into existence ohhh never crossed your mind right? Who made trees, water, rocks air etc your uncle ahbi
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ComeToJesus: 9:48pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

It's a non issue because it's already written that the "the fool says in his heart that there is no God"
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ekspensive(m): 9:49pm On May 08, 2022
No need to argue with you. What you need is to encounter God's power. All these noise will stop.
KINGJAJA888:
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordErrk: 9:49pm On May 08, 2022
Lol. If you sincerely didn't believe in God, you wouldn't have posted this. You're just trying to force yourself not to believe
But don't you think "a story book" that have survived for so long is the basis of the lives of so much people, have to be special?
Anyway, do what makes you happy
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by engrchykae(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2022
ChoCho54:
Let me perch here.
it's true na, forget established religions, they are frauds.
The priests are in bed with the princes.
If you know what I mean

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by SUPERPACK: 9:51pm On May 08, 2022
Emperordynasty:

The more reason why I'm telling u ur average Nairaland atheist is just looking for the nearest pastor or church to ridicule and insult cuz Christians ain't violent or are not keen on using their spiritual power against persecutors..

But bring all this radarada athiest a native doctor dressed in his regalia who might even be fake and u will see them running helter skelter..

Besides most of u only started hearing on Nigerian atheist on Nairaland, aside this forum they all believe in the superstistons we all do..trying to copy the Oyinbo scientist Dey watch on TV bunch of wannabes.
An Atheist doesn't believe in spiritual whatever, bro. Go on twitter and see different spiritual challenges with cash gifts by Atheists for native doctors to use their charms on them, none have accepted.

If you know any strong native doctor that can prove otherwise, let them know that there is $1 Million price for 20 years now to prove that the spiritual is real, let them become rich. Check it on wikipedia.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2022
Its our next quest to uncover. But that does not mean the universe and everything thereof wasnt designed. Common, you think the act of procreation where a man's sperm fertilizes a woman's egg and the baby carried for 9 months is by chance? Nobody designed this?

After agreeing there's an ancient designer, the next quest would be how come? But the how come does not invalidate that there's has to be a designer.

Like you i have made it a concern to understand the origin of the universe and life but my advantage is that I'm also a scientist so i appreciate how certain things cant just hapoen. Do you know that the yeast cell is capable of producing 90 different enzymes?
FatherOfJesus:
who created your God?
Since everything cannot exist without a designer.
That's the question I want you to answer
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
OK, thanks mortal god grin, you have to die one day for sure. Eternal God doesn't die. He remains God from the beginning of the world till the end and beyond.

How do you know? You know because a book written by freemansons and supervised by Emperor Constantine in the council of Nicae, book written by Goat, sheep and cattle herders, farmers etc.

If the book on Ogun, Sango, Amadioha, had been written and documented, you guys will be having different thoughts.

I was a xtian like you who spent close to three decades in xtianity but all I see was a sham, a façade, a business centre, pastor milking the congregation of sheeples promising them heaven. Nobody wants to die but they all want to make heaven, what an irony undecided

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ify0000(m): 9:54pm On May 08, 2022
God exists brotherly make nobody deceive you!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:54pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
Its our next quest to uncover. But that does not mean the universe and everything thereof wasnt designed. Common, you think the act of procreation where a man's sperm fertilizes a woman's egg and the baby carried for 9 months is by chance? Nobody designed this?

After agreeing there's an ancient designer, the next quest would be how come? But the how come does not invalidate that there's has to be a designer.

Like you i have made it a concern to understand the origin of the universe and life but my advantage is that I'm also a scientist so i appreciate how certain things cant just hapoen. Do you know that the yeast cell is capable of producing 90 different enzymes?
You don't need to uncover it, because you made your first claim without evidence, we can also make a claim that flying spaghetti monster created your God.
We don't need to provide any evidence for this since your didn't provide any evidence for your God.

"that which is claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

So flying spaghetti monster crewed your God. Flying spaghetti monster is the Supreme God that cannot be created.
You just have to agree because it's consistent with your logic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by mastermaestro(m): 9:54pm On May 08, 2022
Those of you saying trash about GOD and JESUS CHRIST, I won’t beautify the truth. If you die without JESUS CHRIST, then it will dawn you, sadly too late, that you came to waste your existence on earth. sad
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ChoCho54(f): 9:54pm On May 08, 2022
engrchykae:
it's true na, forget established religions, they are frauds.
The priests are in bed with the princes.
If you know what I mean
I know every Baba.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
As if there aren't smart n handsome Christians. Do your no religion n let your father do his religion.
Christianity created lots of things you are enjoying today.
Your types ll v been used for compulsory human sacrifice if not for Christianity that shed light on it in Africa.
You come here come dey form atheist.
Who you epp?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:55pm On May 08, 2022
You argument does not show that you're a knowledge seeker but rather to disprove religious claim. My claim to God is based on my scientific knowledge, I'm not a religious person
FatherOfJesus:
I'm proposing that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created your God.
Do you believe that?

Is it smart and sincere enough to just say you don't know?
Your God cannot come of thin air, he must have been created by something as well according to your logic
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Emperordynasty: 9:56pm On May 08, 2022
SUPERPACK:
An Atheist doesn't believe in spiritual whatever, bro. Go on twitter and see different spiritual challenges with cash gifts by Atheists for native doctors to use their charms on them, none have accepted.

If you know any strong native doctor that can prove otherwise, let them know that there is $1 Million price for 20 years now to prove that the spiritual is real, let them become rich. Check it on wikipedia.
Contest for native doctors..people dedicated to a spirit..
Those drama queen athiest never jam and Satan will ensure they don't till they find hem self on the other side of eternity...it's baffles me that people believe the spiritual ain't real, buh I won't blame them, they never jam that's why
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2022
When many scientists theories were made, they couldn't prove them but they know such phenomenon exists. They were proven later after they died. Some were later disproved with new knowledge. We will get there.

You need to keep an open mind if you're a genuine knowledge seeker
FatherOfJesus:
You don't need to uncover it, because you made your first claim without evidence, we can also make a claim that flying spaghetti monster created your God.
We don't need to provide any evidence for this since your didn't provide any evidence for your God.

"that which is claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

So flying spaghetti monster crewed your God. Flying spaghetti monster is the Supreme God that cannot be created.
You just have to agree because it's consistent with your logic
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:57pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
The flying spaghetti monster designed it

The ultimate designer is the flying spaghetti monster

You are not sounding like a scientist, scientists don't make claims that cannot be tested. You are sounding like a baby philosopher who doesn't understand basic principles of infinite regress

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo / Pastor Samuel Aboyeji, Biography, Foursquare Gospel Church New General Overseer / David Cameron Prays At Sikh Temple After Attending Redeemed Church London Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.