Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32854 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by AzzaMan: 9:57pm On May 08, 2022
Wetin consign me Azzaman if you don't believe in God? That is your cup of Tea....

You believe or no it doesn't change the value of TURKISH LIRA....

BRING WORK MAKE WE SHARE MONEY...... azza sure, Tools dy ....
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Kaymansion(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2022
It is a great thing to serve God!

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:59pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
When many scientists theories were made, they couldn't prove them but they know such phenomenon exists. They were proven later after they died. Some were later disproved with new knowledge. We will get there.

You need to keep an open mind if you're a genuine knowledge seeker
a theory is not a theory if it cannot prove anything. It's called hypothesis at that stage.

Did you say you are a scientist? How come you don't know this?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:00pm On May 08, 2022
All u need is an encounter . U didn't boast as people like us . Where I called anointing oil engine oil . When u encounter the jesus of the bible u won't remain the same . May God harvest ur soul back to him in ur life time
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by toprealman: 10:00pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
So what's the issue? If that's what you feel, why are you bringing it up?
You call it a story book cool......next gist!!

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Eriokanmi: 10:00pm On May 08, 2022
Nijagogetsense:

How do you know? You know because a book written by freemansons and supervised by Emperor Constantine in the council of Nicae, book written by Goat, sheep and cattle herders, farmers etc.

If the book on Ogun, Sango, Amadioha, had been written and documented, you guys will be having different thoughts.

I was a xtian like you who spent close to three decades in xtianity but all I see was a sham, a façade, a business centre, pastor milking the congregation of sheeples promising them heaven. Nobody wants to die but they all want to make heaven, what an irony undecided
I have said thank you nah. Odaaro/good night/ bonne nuit/kachifo, complete it in hausa.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..
Fernandez don go should be your name cuz u don go. I wish you realize urself and believe in GOD B4 u cross 2 d other side. embarassed
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:01pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
You argument does not show that you're a knowledge seeker but rather to disprove religious claim. My claim to God is based on my scientific knowledge, I'm not a religious person
My argument is pointing you to the Russell's teapot analogy.

Maybe you should read about it.
You don't understand ontology at all.
Your argument based on caused and effect is flawed if you cannot tell us who created God.

You re presenting an argument that has been trashed ever since in philosophy. You argument will create an Infinite regress hence its flawed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Larrysung(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2022
Sweetplum:

As if there aren't smart n handsome Christians. Do you no religion n let your father do his religion.
Christianity created lots of things you are enjoying today.
ignorance lo n daa laamu mehnn...
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by BePrepared: 10:01pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we move into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by same window, in same exam hall and same lecturer stood beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie which was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, no additional fees charged. That's how God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times, God would just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

Kudos

One thing with Nigerian atheist even if u like give them trailer load of evidence you are wasting your time

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2022
czarr:
You are just confusing yourself. Your disbelief doesn't mean anything. God is real to he who believes. God is not real to he who doesn't believe.

Continue in your disbelief
While we will continue in our belief.
No need for grammar, there is no award.

Agreed. So we won't find you trying to convert anybody right?

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Corporate2020: 10:03pm On May 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.

Uncle, this guy no mention your name. Why you come carry the matter for head as if you are God's only begotten son?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by AZControversial(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2022
Blake755:

Hmm interesting who dey get peace ontop hardship

Lol.... when they believe in God. Not the hardship.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by pho: 10:03pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

Well God actually created us as free moral being to make our decision, you call the Bible a book written by some men, you said u don't believe in God because u feel u jump out of the sky or metamophes from somewhere, you claim to be rich, smart etc All this are fine but I pray you never encounter life challenge that will make this same God you have rejected to equally fold his arm and be watching you.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Goldbw122(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
I understand u, something will happen to you that will make you believe God, is not a curse but an advice, I have meet someone like you before the same words that you just post here he does not believe in God and he will point out many factors that state that God does not exist, yeah but trust me, don't forget my advice to you..
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2022
I really dont indulge people who will leave the point being argued and focus on trivialities esp if they run out of point. When the theory of relativity came with a postulation that time slows down with speed, it wasnt proven at the time it was called the relativity theory until much later

Focus on the argument, I'm not trying to convince you that God exists, i have no benefit in that. I'm telling you that there's a designer because things like the coding in the DNA which is high level coding cannot come by chance.

I thought i was arguing with someone genuine,
have a great day.
FatherOfJesus:
a theory is not a theory if it cannot prove anything. It's called hypothesis at that stage.

Did you say you are a scientist? How come you don't know this?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:06pm On May 08, 2022
BePrepared:

Kudos

One thing with Nigerian atheist even if u like give them trailer load of evidence you are wasting your time
personal testimonials are not evidence. Believers are so uneducated that they don't know what an evidence actually is.

What if I tell you that flying spaghetti monster sent a phone for me from the skies? Do you accept my personal testimony to be true?

That's how we feel when you people talk about your testimonies, it's funny because they are unverifiable and we are not going to bel9yoi just because you said it
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:09pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
I really dont indulge people who will leave the point being argued and focus on trivialities esp if they run out of point. When the theory of relativity came with a postulation that time slows down with speed, it wasnt proven at the time it was called the relativity theory until much later
You still have not told me who created God. Then I will go ahead to ask you who created who created who created who created who created...... Until infinty. Makes your logic cause and effect very problematic. It's called " turtles all the way down fallacy". Read about it

Focus on the argument, I'm not trying to convince you that God exists, i have no benefit in that. I'm telling you that there's a designer because things like the coding in the DNA which is high level coding cannot come by chance.

I thought i was arguing with someone genuine,
have a great day.
You don't need to convince me with your flawed cause and effect logic because it's a terrible argument to make in modern day philosophy. You can convince me with testable evidence

If there's a designer, then who designed the designer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Flairoqy(m): 10:09pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
If I begin to prove it, this thread will enter a 4th page with my posts alone. Know this, you cannot believe or follow someone whose existence you don't have any proof of. That would be tantamount to foolishness and I hope you know that.
But do you believe in spirituality?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by francisjochaim: 10:11pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we move into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by same window, in same exam hall and same lecturer stood beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie which was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, no additional fees charged. That's how God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times, God would just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

I would love to have his phone number
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 10:13pm On May 08, 2022
incogni2o:

Because you are soo foolish to think the God that made the whole complexity of the universe we haven't discovered a percentage of would make his detection a Scientific thing for only the Smartest scientist and not just the natural everyday Man.

You need to be wise. Ask God for wisdom , that your understanding be opened
foolishness is the prime code in your genetic makeup
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 10:15pm On May 08, 2022
uthlaw:
can you tell me when you will die,what will kill you and the city you will die?
gibberish.

What if you decided killing yourself at that position you are. Wouldn’t you have the answers to those questions before your death?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by OtemAtum: 10:16pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
Its our next quest to uncover. But that does not mean the universe and everything thereof wasnt designed. Common, you think the act of procreation where a man's sperm fertilizes a woman's egg and the baby carried for 9 months is by chance? Nobody designed this?

After agreeing there's an ancient designer, the next quest would be how come? But the how come does not invalidate that there's has to be a designer.

Like you i have made it a concern to understand the origin of the universe and life but my advantage is that I'm also a scientist so i appreciate how certain things cant just hapoen. Do you know that the yeast cell is capable of producing 90 different enzymes?
How are you so sure that a god and not billions of gods designed the universes?

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 10:16pm On May 08, 2022
DMerciful:
So you believe man and woman and the entire male and female of almost all living things came by chance? There's no designer?
Prove how it was designed!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Amotolongbo(f): 10:17pm On May 08, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

But you believe in juju?

Have you seen juju at work before?

Reply my questions and I will continue from there.
juju ko, akpala ni!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by BafanaBafana: 10:18pm On May 08, 2022
Christianity is driving many into Atheism because of the inconsistency
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ayo2008: 10:19pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

I pity you
The earlier you believe in God, the better.
Non religious will land you where? Heaven or Hell?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:21pm On May 08, 2022
ayo2008:

I pity you
The earlier you believe in God, the better.
Non religious will land you where? Heaven or Hell?

God, heaven, hell are all imaginary things that Christians believe in.
Smart people know that such phenomena don't exist
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by SHINJA: 10:21pm On May 08, 2022
Slayar:

Only you be atheist and gay at same time.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Semaj77(m): 10:25pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

Nobody has to prove the nonexistence of God , the proof of burden lies on the religious to prove His existence.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Danf: 10:26pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
nope they are not, I'm atheist as well.
Do you know those who believe in satan? Christians, it's you Christians that have imaginary friends and enemies. We atheist think those are ridiculous things to believe in
Atheist is just a deception created by Satan.2 Corinthians 4:4
King James Version
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by vonlogon: 10:31pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Your writeup looks fake, I'm sorry. It doesn't in anyway add up. Saying the bible was written in 18BC casts further doubts of the genuineness of your post and family background as claimed.

You struck it, the story is fake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel Ogunro Marries Sarah Aklamavoh (Photo) / Pastor Samuel Aboyeji, Biography, Foursquare Gospel Church New General Overseer / 'Voice Of The Cross' Performs At The Lord's Chosen Crusade In Mgbidi Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.