Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32763 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LandMann: 9:04pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
My mum was terribly afflicted in the early 80s with a strange ailment. My dad spent and spent, no solution. She was admitted in hospital for weeks, alas! One elder now late, suggested we moved into a mission house where prayers were being offered morning and night and in the process, she got healed. Her head would be making noise like when you're near a generator even in a very cool silent environment. She'd even asked if we heard such sound and we'd say no. She got healed completely and that's how we became born again. She's almost 90 years old now.

One day, after a send forth service conducted for a pastor who just got promoted with transfer elsewhere, he was praying for people as they knelt before him. He had the gift of prophesy. When it got to my turn he said to me that I had great journeys ahead of me. That I'd travel a lot and then I was in JS3. Today, I had touched the length and breath of the earth, to the glory of God.

In my undergraduate days, as I was sleeping in my hostel one night, God showed to me some things...He had always done this severally before then. He revealed that I was caught in an exam malpractice. I don't joke with whatever He reveals, regardless of the nearly impossible circumstances around me. God respects His words even more than His name...the bible says so. I was vibrating within me. I used to be one of the best students in my set. How would I now be caught up in such a mess? I didn't take it lightly. I prayed violently and rebuked it.

Lo and behold, on that fateful day, it was our last paper. I had even forgotten. The revelation came to pass. God is my witness to this. It was the exact location as seen in that revelation, on the same desk, I was seated by dame window, in same exam hall and same lecturer sat beside the window. Then I quickly remembered. It was as if I once watched a movie with was being replayed. There was a course mate by the name Demola. He had problem solving one of the questions. I told him I hadn't gotten to that number. This guy was disturbing. He said please let me send you the ones I had done maybe in exchange for those questions I had solved. Suddenly, this guy sent me the expo. I was restless. All of a sudden, invigilators entered the exam hall, about 5 in number. I quickly hid the expo inside my booklet and suddenly, a lecturer appeared by the window near me, observing things, same man as seen in that deam wearing same clothe. I said, mogbe ooo. The invigilators started checking booklets from page to page. I was 5th on that row and the first row for that matter. It was as if all eyes were on me. By the time they got to the 2nd student, I pretended as if I was reviewing my work, suddenly I squeezed the expo and violently threw it behind underneath the desk.

They quickly rushed to me and asked what happened. I told them my pen dropped and I was trying to look for it. They asked me to step out of the desk, searched everywhere, up to the 2nd student behind me, they searched my booklet page by page. They found nothing they now asked me to sit down. I'd have been rusticated that day. But because God had revealed it earlier and I had prayed against it, it was someone else who was caught.

My brother travelled to America for the first time in 2003. On getting to POE in America, after he had been admitted, a CBP accusted him and asked for his passport. He said the picture wasn't matching his identity because his real look didn't match the pic on the visa sticker and the one on his profile page. He laughed hysterically because he obtained his visa by himself , got interviewed in Lagos and nobody assisted in filling-in his DS160 form. The man said he wasn't kidding. He was interrogated at the secondary inspection side . He was asked to place his fingers on the screen which revealed all his biodata as recorded in the American consulate in lagos and his visa details still they didn't velieve him...hard to believe right? Village people are real. Na that day I know.

In short he was locked up in the cold cell and deported 2 days later. On getting home he called my sister who took him to the pastor of their church. The man said as soon as he obtained the visa, he was showing it to everyone instead of hiding it and be praying for success of his trip. He said there was one woman who saw it with her evil eyes and cancelled it spiritually. He said he was going with an empty passport unknowingly. He said the woman was saying so, you want to go and make it abi? He said the man would pray hard but he wouid have his visa restored as God had said. But he will pray very hard cos of his image that had been dented. He also told him that when the time was ripe he'd see signs. Truly it happened. When he reappeared for another interview a few years later at us embassy in lagos, the visa officer said he had seen all that happened on the system but he wouldn't give him visa but would apply for a waiver of ineligibility which he's seeing on his profile and the application could either be granted or rejected by one and only attorney General of the United States, that he should be checking his mail frequently. One day they mailed him that his waiver had been granted and he should send his passport to us embassy for his visa via a designated DHL office. No interview conducted, additional fees charged. That's h9w God restored him. He's one of the popular figures in Nigeria today...a successful businessman.

At times God wouid just reveal to me some things about my neighbour which would eventually happen. In fact, I can't remember one-tenth of my encounter with God. This is just a few. Cheers.

The world was designed to reward good and evil deeds. Some people's reward come quickly, some take time. It's called karma. Pastors understand this and get trained in other psychological skills which they use to manipulate people like you.

Your spirituality should be your private affair and you should not force it down the throat of others. You painted God as unjust/unfair by describing how "He" rescued you from being caught in exam malpractice while somebody else was caught in your stead. Is that how God works? The God I know is not unjust/unfair, and by virtue of how he has designed this world, we'll all get rewarded for our actions one day. Keep your hands clean and keep doing more of good and favour will follow you. No need allowing one pastor brainwash you into not being able to think for yourself and ascribing everything to the work of God, even when you clearly do wrong/evil. God is not partial/unjust/unfair.

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Blake755: 9:04pm On May 08, 2022
I need an honest answer why is it those who doesn't believe in God are always successful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:04pm On May 08, 2022
twosquare:
All these small small pikin wey no know anything about life yet. So far you are still on this black soil, nothing will tell you to believe in God before you do and hold him tight. Woke ko, worker ni
You know something about life and then you think your mum was made from ribs? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by charlesdinho7(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2022
every man has his own life to live. if you think being an atheist will make you happy, enjoy it but never persuade someone into leaving what he/she believe in. your father chose his path, and you chose yours. enjoy it

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:05pm On May 08, 2022
Blake755:
I need an honest answer why is it those who doesn't believe in God are always successful
not always though but it's because when you take your destiny into your hands instead of some imaginary any friend, you can make something out of your life easily
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
it took Elon Musk and Bill gate far, they are both atheists
No, they are into an occultic group that you are not aware of.

3 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by GreenCovering: 9:05pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how does this have anything to do with the topic?

Because at the end of the day everybody believes in something.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Tzarina(f): 9:06pm On May 08, 2022
Mark my word,you will surely meet Christ just as Saul(Paul) met Him on his way to Damascus & you will preach Christ & Him crucified.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts

You are the god that exists. Know these and know peace. Nobody is coming to save you. Your life starts getting meaningful when you stop going to church..
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by snipernigga(m): 9:07pm On May 08, 2022
You are a shameless hypocrite. Your Pastor father will use church money to feed and train you, and you reject God but not his money. You are no different from the man that says he doesn't eat dog meat, but use his teeth to share dog meat. Like the person whose religion forbids alcohol but collect tax from alcohol. God Almighty have mercy on your soul

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by incogni2o: 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

Because you are soo foolish to think the God that made the whole complexity of the universe we haven't discovered a percentage of would make his detection a Scientific thing for only the Smartest scientist and not just the natural everyday Man.

You need to be wise. Ask God for wisdom , that your understanding be opened
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by zinaunreal(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
Baba wan trend
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by OBA117(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
Tabitha000:
No, they are into an occultic group that you are aware of.

Do you think all those your Adebole, Oledepo, Paul Adefarasin, Fatoyinbo, and others are not into one cult or the other? What do you know? If I revealed some secrets here, you guys will doubt ooo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by danot1030: 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
MadamVanessa:
[s][/s]

shocked

Says a myopic individual that have no knowledge of who God is. Low budget atheist. Keep your stupidity to yourself alone.

People like can never make anyone believe God. I would rather remain not believing God that being erratic like you.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by EmyGod(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Only your dream will tell you that you have a soul and it is that soul that is real you not this mortal body and he is the one to face heaven or hell according unless you repent it shall surely come to pass.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ipobarecriminals: 9:09pm On May 08, 2022
shocked sad conFUSED soul.Better wake up to reality u won’t carry ur car,chain,Iphone,boxer enter 6F.Once u closed ur eyes,dat’s the END.Those wey go wear ur shoes,take ur Lappy,ur car will share it.They’ll eat/drink and after a month forget u and go about their business.Fear God.JESUS is LORD
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Blaqroman0000: 9:10pm On May 08, 2022
Truth is no one worships what he/she doesn't believe...genuine Christians today worships GOD because they already believes and they feel the presence in them.. They have all proves that GOD exist...
For the atheist/traditional worshippers, I won't blame you guys for your lack of ignorance... When GOD visits you or when you have encounter with GOD you will know howfar...

Then you will have your proves and know your beliefs...

I have seen most Sturbbon atheist around that they don't like hearing the word JESUS talkless of GOD... Both in my school the cultist guy, and where I base, one of the lecturer... The cultist had encounter with GOD and now he is a living testimony of who GOD truly is...

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Righthussle: 9:10pm On May 08, 2022
EmyGod:

Your forefathers that were on boundage of blood they shed, using human head and blood for sacrifice. Virgins in danger whenever the king need to be buried. Twice throw away all in the name of tradition that blind the average Africa man from seeing the reality of Jesus Christ.

That's my problem with African Christians. They condemn the human sacrifice in African traditional religion and only to tell you how a man called Jesus was sacrificed for my sins. And I always asked them, is the sacrifice of Jesus not a human sacrifice?

7 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by czarr(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Evidence of the inexistence of God is the impossibility of the evidence of the existence of God

The impossibility of the evidence of the existence of God is the impossibility of any WAY in which God can exist.

The proof means there's no WAY in which God can exist.

There's no WAY when there's no chance of such.

There's no chance when reality is defined against it.

Reality is defined against it since reality means any specific possession of this or that characteristic or the characteristic itself or both is/are limited.

God is not defined as having something to do with reality when reality is correctly defined as the expression of being limited by the possession of this or that characteristic.

If this or that is real or exists....,then it possesses this or that characteristic or remains this or that characteristic towards being limited in this or that manner or to this or that.

The possessor is limited to this or that characteristic while the characteristic is limited to this or that possessor.

'God' cannot be reality itself since the group of letters 'God' isn't a synonym towards 'reality' in the English Language.

'God' is used to suggest a specific possessor of limitlessness but it's impossible for limitlessness to be possessed by a specific possessor.

Limitlessness has neither a beginning nor an end so it can never be possessed by a specific possessor.

Limitlessness is displayed by reality itself which is not a specific possessor.

Reality or existence or the truth itself is the expression of being either a characteristic or the possessor of a characteristic or both and there's no limit to BEING EITHER A CHARACTERISTIC OR THE POSSESSOR OF A CHARACTERISTIC OR BOTH.

So ,reality itself is not a specific possessor .

It actually means a random distribution of expressions that are both possesors and characteristics at once.

It has no size.

So,it doesn't possess or limit limitlessness ....It displays it limitlessly.

I might be a specific possessor of XYZ characteristic.

I might also be specifically possessed as 12CD characteristic.

If I exist...,then I possess this or that while this or that possessess me .

I am surely a specific possessor of this or that characteristic while this or that surely possesses me as its characteristic.
Same for any other ............

LordReed, FERNANDEZISBACK, FatherOfJesus,etc.
You are just confusing yourself. Your disbelief doesn't mean anything. God is real to he who believes. God is not real to he who doesn't believe.

Continue in your disbelief
While we will continue in our belief.
No need for grammar, there is no award.

5 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Backlaw406(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.
Exactly, it is very difficult to know if God exist or not.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by SilentVboy: 9:11pm On May 08, 2022
Mr. @op. If you want to leave an immoral lifestyle, then go on. No one is stopping u.

But don't say that Bible contains stories as an excuse to leave an immoral lifestyle.

U never mature yet, cos if u do, u will see that what's prophesied in that book is fulfilling and more are yet to fulfill.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Blake755: 9:12pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
not always though but it's because when you take your destiny into your hands instead of some imaginary any friend, you can make something out of your life easily
I swear boss you said the fact
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Funkybabee(f): 9:12pm On May 08, 2022
Confused soul

Come to Jesus, dump that shit religion and come and have relationship with your maker

Say after me,

Lord Jesus, I comes to you today, I believe you are the son of God, you came to die for me on the third day you resurrected to save my life, let your holy Spirit continue to be my guidance from now on.
Amen
Shalom, let's talk about salvation
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by engrchykae(m): 9:12pm On May 08, 2022
Righthussle:
Your father betrayed his forefathers by abandoning their religion for the religion of their slave masters. Now you have left your father's religion and beliefs for your own beliefs. Na one one.

Well for me, I am not a Christian neither am I a Muslim. I am a None. I don't practice any religion.

do you practice humanity?
It is the best religion.
Love your neighbor as yourself
If you do this, forget the established religions, they are frauds

6 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Backlaw406(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Because the majority are quite ignorant of God's existence. I'm a living witness so I know God truly exists and far beyond doubts
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by OBA117(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
Blake755:

Why don't you ask why God allows rain to fall on both the wicked and the righteous?

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by zoroby(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
Righteousness2:
My Brother, being smart, rich, Handsome and all that is good but they are not what is Important.

All the riches , wealthiness and Smartness that we are or have are vanity and very useless to our Eternity.

Nothing that we own here will be taken with us to Eternity !

The Greatest and Highest Need of all Humans is Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

My Brother This is what Really Matters. Every other thing is vanity and will fade away.

You may argue with this and call it a bluff but the day you Close your eyes in Death, or the Trumpet sounds, you will understand.

So I advise and admonish you to Follow your Dad and Submit totally to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ so as not to cry Had I known.

Why is relationship with Jesus the greatest and highest need of all humans?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
MP3GAGAdotCOM:

Only a fool says in his heart 'there is no God'.

I pray you don't fall into God's wrath.. Gen Gen - you go hear wehnn grin

You too small sha, if God can humble kings that are ruling empires like Nebuchadnezzar, who be small rat like you embarassed

I remembered when you told us you made ur first million, you're still poor oga, go hide ur small change before you invoke the anger of Almighty God upon you. angry

But a wise man say it louder that there is no sky god.

grin grin grin

So you dey serve the sky god because of fear of sanction? Idiota grin grin grin
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DMerciful(m): 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
So you believe man and woman and the entire male and female of almost all living things came by chance? There's no designer?
Amotolongbo:
How?

Prove it!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 9:13pm On May 08, 2022
GreenCovering:

Because at the end of the day everybody believes in something.
I don't believe in anything. I only accept facts and evidence.
You cannot assume for people

4 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by SunTzu123(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2022
If you believe in God, you are very correct; there's a place for those who do not believe.
If you believe in God, you are also very correct; there's a place for those that believe.

So any stand you take, you are right. Therefore, no arguments.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

'Pray For Buhari Not To Die In Power' - Did TB Joshua Really Say That? / David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 / Apostle Suleman Invites Fayose To His Church Programme After DSS Saga. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.