Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,639 members, 7,958,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (33943 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:43am On May 09, 2022
Deldrax29:

Stop being stupid. Your question should be "I don't know how to ask God. How do I go about it?"
The reasons you atheists give for the nonexistence of God is always dumb.
But God doesn't exist, you haven't given any evidence that he does. I can't talk to a nonexistent creature
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 10:45am On May 09, 2022
a2d3rew:
Ooo my God in heaven, I don't know
such people still exis.
So u don't trust in who created the heaven and Earth and create u in his image
There's no evidence that God exist
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2022
Image123:

i did. Sinners are unbelievers, they don't believe in God according to the Bible. It is you who thinks that they are believers because they are not professing atheists.

I don hear, gatekeeper-general.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

Even your bible acknowledges that the dead know nothing and experience nothing. Death is the end, the off switch of every living organism. Meanwhile your living fellow believers are languishing in prison for various crimes. LoLz.

Rightly divide the Word of Truth, the same Bible talks about the judgement of the dead. You are picking and choosing.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 10:48am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

I don hear, gatekeer-general.

i quoted and suggested scriptures that you are familiar with, i didn't write those verses myself.

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

i have said these or alluded to this several times on the forum. It is the biggest fool(atheists) that open their mouth or type it. The usual unbelievers say it in their hearts and acts.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by fof1: 10:48am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

CONTINUE...Does it Matter? Only Prepare Urself for Hell Fire and God's Fiery Judgement at the End of a Wayward and godless Life,Pls. Congrats Pls
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Neatboy(m): 10:49am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.

That's your choice. But your eyes go still clear--- then you'll realize that we are not alone in this world--- for there is more to this life than what you see. I can't go deeper than this cause you've not seen the other side of life---so, it will be a waste of time. But sure, I know how God can get your type when or if He wants to.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 10:52am On May 09, 2022
Image123:

Rightly divide the Word of Truth, the same Bible talks about the judgement of the dead. You are picking and choosing.

LoLz! At least you acknowledge it is in the Bible, it would be a different thing if it wasn't.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by skybodmas: 10:53am On May 09, 2022
You are just my friend IK, he said he does not believe in God and he write his own Bible if want.
Until one day his sight started going bad, and he became blind.
He told me that he has gone to many churches and prayer houses for God to help him, but to no avail.
He was crying and begging God to use him for miracle.

My brother, one day, you will have reason to recognize the Almighty God.
And I pray it's for good.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! At least you acknowledge it is in the Bible, it would be a different thing if it wasn't.

Proper context is what it means to rightly divide the Word of Truth. In terms of repentance or making amends or changes, the dead cannot do anything. Their physical bodies cannot feel anything. The Bible clearly and several times teachers there is more. One will only be playing the ostrich by running out of the stadium claiming victory before the end of the game.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by LordReed(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2022
Image123:

Proper context is what it means to rightly divide the Word of Truth. In terms of repentance or making amends or changes, the dead cannot do anything. Their physical bodies cannot feel anything. The Bible clearly and several times teachers there is more. One will only be playing the ostrich by running out of the stadium claiming victory before the end of the game.

LoLz! The places that say the dead know nothing say nothing of an afterlife but correct me if I am wrong, specifically the OT doesn't say anything about an afterlife. So how did I speak out of context?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by profmallor: 11:12am On May 09, 2022
I like you. how about the devil, do you believe in the devil.?.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by BePrepared: 11:18am On May 09, 2022
[quote author=FatherOfJesus post=112649346]personal testimonials are not evidence. Believers are so uneducated that they don't know what an evidence actually is.

What if I tell you that flying spaghetti monster sent a phone for me from the skies? Do you accept my personal testimony to be true?

That's how we feel when you people talk about your testimonies, it's funny because they are unverifiable and we are not going to bel9yoi just because you said it [/quote

Atheist say Jesus is fiction, I gave him many historical evidences, I even told him that I've not seen any professor from ivy league universities who disputes the existence of Jesus, but your flying spaghetti has no single scientific or historical corroboration, at best its an analogy to spit the story of Christianity, I believe we should be objective in these discources and not take them as though we are protecting our investment, let's follow evidences where they lead.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 11:21am On May 09, 2022
[quote author=BePrepared post=112661818][/quote]No said Jesus is fiction, you created argument by yourself. There could be a man named by that character, but born by virgin, walked on water, died and resurrected na jargons from written by goat herders 2000years ago.

And there still no evidence that your God exist
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 11:21am On May 09, 2022
profmallor:
I like you. how about the devil, do you believe in the devil.?.
Only Christians believe in devil. Atheist don't.

You people have imaginary friends and enemies
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DaGeneral(m): 11:23am On May 09, 2022
Until a man truly encounters God,he will continue to think he made himself. Deep down inside
every man there is void that needs to be filled. Many have tried to fill it with s3x,alcohol and money yet it remains void and unknown to them only the creator can fill it and bring true happiness.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by harmargedon: 11:51am On May 09, 2022
Ibomrep:
That the Bible was written for many years ago doesn't make it irrelevant

The Bible links the past, the present and the future

Alot of things happening now was already written that it would be so

Bible listed the rulership of all the world power from Egypt down to this current Anglo-America Power

All that the Bible says about them came true

Bible foretold that this current British and American world power will be the last human world power after wish God's kingdom will take over . Daniel 2:44

And it will come to pass

Bible foretold what will happen in the future and it will all happened

Bible advise on happy family is beneficial for all if applied

Bible offers advise and guidance in every aspect of life

Bible advise on how you can manage your money, live with your neighbor, and even how to treat your workers

So such a good book will forever remain relevant

There are life stories of people who had the same experience like you, what makes them change their minds, you may read and as well watch videos about them as they narrates on www.jw.org
things never change. What's happening now or in the future had already existed in the past. Tell me one thing that hasn't?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by emzynuel1: 11:54am On May 09, 2022
Amotolongbo:
[s][/s]gibberish
It a yes or no question
Can you prove the non-existence of a divine entity
It ok if you can't
Tch
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Lvgirl: 12:01pm On May 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..

Modified: insults on me..wow.. shocked

Ori e ti buru
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 12:24pm On May 09, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
But God doesn't exist, you haven't given any evidence that he does. I can't talk to a nonexistent creature

God doesn't exist? How do you know that? Have you been to Brazil before? If no, how do you know Brazil exists?
Have you seen Albert Einstein before? If your answer is no, then how do you know he existed? Must you see something before you believe it exists?
I don't want to know what evidence you have to support that Brazil exists and Albert Einstein existed. But it is just basically the same as believing in God.
God speaks to people. The problem here is that God has not spoken to you. Maybe that's why you don't believe in Him. But if you can prove that you somehow just evolved from your dad's sperm and your mum's ovum just by accident, then maybe you have a point that proves that your consciousness is just a thing and it came from nowhere, and that a higher dimensional being did not cause it.
If you can also prove that the universe started 13.8 billion years ago in a purely scientific way, then please tell me. So that we can agree that God does not exist.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ronjule: 12:31pm On May 09, 2022
I pray that God opens your eyes to reality before it's too late. Mind you some of those benefits you are enjoying at the moment that makes you feel it is as a result of your hard work or wisdom could be as a result of your father's prayers for you.

God is my source and my everything
KINGJAJA888:
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich, and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by okoroemeka(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2022
Hilena:
It's only a FOOL.. that will say in his heart that there's no God!! After all that he has created, with everything your eyes can see, look at yourself very well.
Na computer create you ab??! Nonsense
there are something's that are difficult to doubt if you are open minded and look at things from a new perspective,there are overwhelming evidence supporting the evolution of man with the complete physical, skeletal and research papers available for anybody to see or do I believe that a mythical being created mankind whole from sand and breath life into it,a story that supposedly happened thousands of years and pass down from generation to generation through word of mouth until it started been compiled during the apostolic age into the Bible, overwhelming evidence has shown that the Earth had existed for billions of years and many prehistoric and extinct animals came before homo sapiens,most of these dead animals and decayed forests are the hydrocarbons we use today, even current progress in astrophysics has shown with hard evidence the existence of millions and billions of sun like our own with billions of planets orbiting around them,space is an endless infinity that the idea of a being that can live there and create the planets,it is an insult and preposterous idea that the being will create mankind with so much factory faults and defects.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by FatherOfJesus: 12:40pm On May 09, 2022
Deldrax29:

God doesn't exist? How do you know that? Have you been to Brazil before? If no, how do you know Brazil exists?
god doesn't exist because it's only a claim and no evidence for his existence just like unicorn, dragons and Spiderman. He will exist until proven so like Brazil has been proven to exist.
Have you seen Albert Einstein before? If your answer is no, then how do you know he existed? Must you see something before you believe it exists?
There a video and and graveyard for Albert Einstein, there is no footage for your God. He exists only in your head
I don't want to know what evidence you have to support that Brazil exists and Albert Einstein existed. But it is just basically the same as believing in God.
Albert Einstein doednt claim to create the world, this is ridiculous comparison. Your God doesn't exist, Albert does. We have a footage of him presenting the theory of relativity an even a picture of him. None exist for your imaginary friend in thr sky
God speaks to people. The problem here is that God has not spoken to you. Maybe that's why you don't believe in Him. But if you can prove that you somehow just evolved from your dad's sperm and your mum's ovum just by accident, then maybe you have a point that proves that your consciousness is just a thing and it came from nowhere, and that a higher dimensional being did not cause it.
where is your evidence for god speaking like Albert Einstein? YOU have a footage like Albert Einstein has or you just want to keep making baseless claims?
If you can also prove that the universe started 13.8 billion years ago in a purely scientific way, then please tell me. So that we can agree that God does not exist.
Get a degree in science and do a masters in Geology. Whether or not the earth is 13.8billion years, it's not evidence that your imaginary friend is real

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ebenezer4141(m): 12:40pm On May 09, 2022
MP3GAGAdotCOM:
Only a fool says in his heart 'there is no God'.

I pray you don't fall into God's wrath.. Gen Gen - you go hear wehnn grin E be like say you wan lose ur sweat under 1month.. You never experience the power of God, to do and undo. grin

You too small sha, if God can humble kings that are ruling empires like Nebuchadnezzar, who be small rat like you embarassed

I remembered when you told us you made ur first million, you're still poor oga, go hide ur small change before you invoke the anger of Almighty God upon you. angry

Everything you are today is a gift from God.. You lie down like mumu every night and in the morning, God still wakes you up, for your mind, na your smartness dey do am.

Ode, if God should utter a word, all these ur crayfish money will be gone within a twinkling of an eye.

Easy bro grin
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by petermichaels(m): 12:45pm On May 09, 2022
If you Like Believe It, If you Like Don't. As For Me and My Family....we Acknowledge The Existence Of God Almighty, and Will Worship Him.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Discountsempai: 12:50pm On May 09, 2022
theoryy:
I am a 39years old orphan and a disabled female,I am a tailor and mother of three kids, my husband ran away since 2019 things haven't been easy for us because my business isn't moving.
As I'm typing this I haven't eaten anything since yesterday so are my kids, and my first son clocks 7yrs tomorrow May 10.

I'm appealing to God people of Nairaland to please help me with anything just to feed as i am experiencing serious financial hardship right now.. send to 4141249390, Ecobank

Thanks in advance and God Bless you.

But a few days ago, you said this...

ChooseWisdom96:
For Four months now my company hasn't paid us our salary, I'm a widow with two beautiful twins,its been difficult for me to feed and i dont want to do ashawo work.please help us to survive, anything please send to Ecobank, 4141249390. T. Chigozie.

Thank you.

Can't even keep the story straight, my guy.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Cuteumita: 12:53pm On May 09, 2022
grin Gbayii!!! Mad O Dis 1 loud o.it simply means ur father isn't a pastor as u said.Stop Capping Vertical here abeg
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Image123(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! The places that say the dead know nothing say nothing of an afterlife but correct me if I am wrong, specifically the OT doesn't say anything about an afterlife. So how did I speak out of context?

Yeah, Ecclesiastes that you refer to put it in the "under the sun" context.(the next verse 6). But the same writer clearly teaches about judgement and of the spirit returning to God the giver e.g (chapter 12 v 7,14).
About afterlife in the OT, it says a lot. As far back as Job which was likely the first book of the Bible, Job talked of an afterlife and his hope of seeing Jesus/God (Job 19 v 25,26) The Psalmist also expresses similar hopes in for instance (Psalm 16 v 9, 10 and 17 v 14, 15)
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ken4Christ: 1:45pm On May 09, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
he gave me a new car this morning miraclously

At the expense of the salvation of your soul. Spirit of Esau at work in you.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 1:47pm On May 09, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
god doesn't exist because it's only a claim and no evidence for his existence just like unicorn, dragons and Spiderman. He will exist until proven so like Brazil has been proven to exist.
There a video and and graveyard for Albert Einstein, there is no footage for your God. He exists only in your head
Albert Einstein doednt claim to create the world, this is ridiculous comparison. Your God doesn't exist, Albert does. We have a footage of him presenting the theory of relativity an even a picture of him. None exist for your imaginary friend in thr sky
where is your evidence for god speaking like Albert Einstein? YOU have a footage like Albert Einstein has or you just want to keep making baseless claims?
Get a degree in science and do a masters in Geology. Whether or not the earth is 13.8billion years, it's not evidence that your imaginary friend is real

So you have to see a footage about God before you can believe? Show me a footage about the first Olympics event or Christopher Columbus discovering America( not the made up one, the real one). And who told you that God has not been proven to exist? Maybe you don't know how to use the internet.
God has spoken to me. If you don't believe me, I don't see how that is my problem.
As for your last sentence, I'm convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you don't know how to use the internet.
You may never be convinced that God exists. But I just pity you when you die and you see God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

How My Cook Tried To Poison Me – Fr Mbaka / A different View on COZA Sex Scandal / The Day I Watched A Pastor’s Televised Healing Session(+pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.