Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. (32776 Views)

My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Father Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:33pm On May 08, 2022
Udemzy05:

You're the one with no brain, person say he no believe in God,you wan force am?

We get pastors and Imam wey believe in God yet na rubbish dem dey do,but if you get good conscience,you go dey do good and that's all that matters.

Omo no be by force to believe in God ooo

Christians describe conscience differently. It's not by force you believe in God abi? Don't worry, when you die you will know if God exists. Do you want to wait till then??
See, you can't gamble 120 years on earth for an infinite number of years to come. That's why the bible says anyone who says there is no God is a fool.
You can give to charity, you can help people, you can be the "goodest" person in the world. But if your life is not right with God, trust me you are simply on the side of the devil. Because it's either you are on God's side, or on the devil's.
I've seen, I've heard, I've seen miracles happen right before my eyes. I would be a big idiot to still live my life the way I want to.
There is a reason why we have pastors. It's not because they believe in fantasy. It's because God truly exists.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:33pm On May 08, 2022
Ishilove:

Funny thing is I actually understood what you wrote up here

Thanks for understanding.

Are you female?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by aujile(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
I'm too woke for those fairy tales Sorry.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Your loss bro!

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 11:38pm On May 08, 2022
Deldrax29:

Christians describe conscience differently. It's not by force you believe in God abi? Don't worry, when you die you will know if God exists. Do you want to wait till then??
See, you can't gamble 120 years on earth for an infinite number of years to come. That's why the bible says anyone who says there is no God is a fool.
You can give to charity, you can help people, you can be the "goodest" person in the world. But if your life is not right with God, trust me you are simply on the side of the devil. Because it's either you are on God's side, or on the devil's.
I've seen, I've heard, I've seen miracles happen right before my eyes. I would be a big idiot to still live my life the way I want to.
There is a reason why we have pastors. It's not because they believe in fantasy. It's because God truly exists.

I am concerned with definitions.

What is the meaning of what I am facing now?

I mean I feel like leaving this world for some weeks at least.

Maybe , when I come back,I will have less reasons to leave it
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:39pm On May 08, 2022
You don't believe in God? When you die, you will know if God is real or not.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ishilove: 11:40pm On May 08, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

Thanks for understanding.

Are you female?
What has gender got to do with anything?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:40pm On May 08, 2022
zoroby:

How are u a living witness, have u seen God?

How do you know your forefathers exist? Have you seen them angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by aujile(m): 11:41pm On May 08, 2022
Illusionale:
My own is and will always be
If God is so good and everything about him is beautiful
Why is this world bad
Why do people suffer
From birth to youth to adulthood to Old age
People suffer
E be like una no no say people are born without evil in them
It is the world that imbues evil and the child reciprocates
Make God cleanse this world nau
Me I believe in God, I pray and I try to live right
As for religion and churches and the rest
I steer clear
Their headache and inconsistencies are too much
Is there a barber's shop in your street? Why do some people in your street still carry their hair unkept?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:41pm On May 08, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

There is difference between going to Church and believing in God. I don’t go to church but I know there’s God and I do believe in Him.

Anyway good for you but I really don’t see the point telling us. Religion is a personal affair so keep it to yourself.

You don't go to church? I pity your destiny.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Deldrax29: 11:44pm On May 08, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I am concerned with definitions.

What is the meaning of what I am facing now?

I mean I feel like leaving this world for some weeks at least.

Maybe , when I come back,I will have less reasons to leave it

What do you mean exactly?
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Lightorder: 11:45pm On May 08, 2022
I don’t need to respond to weed smoker , who feels he has freedom to destroy his destiny in the name of freedom of speech.

1 Like

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by BennyDGreat: 11:46pm On May 08, 2022
Righthussle:
Your father betrayed his forefathers by abandoning their religion for the religion of their slave masters. Now you have left your father's religion and beliefs for your own beliefs. Na one one. Tell your that the way he feels about you abandoning his religion, is exactly how his forefathers feel about his decision to drop their religion for the religion of their tormentors and enslavers us.

Well for me, I am not a Christian neither am I a Muslim. I am a None. I don't practice any religion. You can't scare me into practising a barbaric religion that promotes human sacrifice with the threat of hell. And I am not interested in having an endless life after death, the one you call eternal life, you use to lure greedy people into practicing your religion. My friend said I should practice his religion because in their heaven there are many mansions. I told him to live in my own mansion when he gets there. .

Lol Jesus loves you bro.
If you want to know if he's real, there's something you can say
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Lightorder: 11:46pm On May 08, 2022
Believe him or not , HE IS I AM
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Princewill1(m): 11:46pm On May 08, 2022
You can not catch famous atheists like Elon Musk, Bill Gate or Mark Zuckerberg arguing with anyone about their non belief in God.

I became an atheist couple of years ago when I was researching on Astronomy and Evolution. I don't feel the urge or the need to argue or explain to anyone.

Being an atheist means that you are seeing what many are not seeing. You should count yourself as one of the lucky few. It's pointless arguing with people who are incapable of comprehending what you are pointing out.

The human specie is still evolving, our evolution will eventually get to a point where there will be general realization of the non existence of God.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by CoronaVirusPro: 11:46pm On May 08, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
You should show me, because you believe it. Didn't they show you the evidence?

My brother, listen and listen straight, don't be an uninformed African. When you make a claim, only morons will accept it without evidence. We cannot keep doing things this way in Africa like people without brains and then expect to compete with our contemporaries in western world. We reason like hybrids of australopithecus and Neanderthals, we don't have the mental sagacity to observe things, analyze and come up with rational conclusions and that's why we so backward.

Imagine you believing in juju in this 21th century when other parts of the world at moving on. You are still stuck in stone age myths and folklores

It’s just a pity.

Let me allow you be. So you believe Sango, Osun and Ogun are just mere powerless gods.

Can tell you inquisitiveness only starts and ends online.

Even your pastor won’t deny the meta physical.

In the whole religion in the world, they all rebuke evil, but you believe evil is superstition too.

The white Nan you are following have never denied the existence of this powers.

Ask the elderly who attended Prof Pella’s show, tell them all he did were just tricks and wait for their response.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by emzynuel1: 11:51pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

The mere fact that the non-existence of a god cannot be proven is no sufficient reason to believe in him.
The mere fact that the non-existence of alien cannot be proven is no sufficient reason to believe in aliens or UFO
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by emzynuel1: 11:56pm On May 08, 2022
Amotolongbo:
How?

Prove it!
Prove what
Are you dumb
Did you not hear im say he is a living witness from a subjective point
Can you prove the non-existence of a divine being
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Athemisia: 11:56pm On May 08, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..
See this mumu wey go still pray to God make he punish Putin.
Dey here dey deceive ya'self. lipsrsealed
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by dialfa: 12:01am On May 09, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.

No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of FSM.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of FSM.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by GoodIsGod: 12:04am On May 09, 2022
BePrepared:

Kudos

One thing with Nigerian atheist even if u like give them trailer load of evidence you are wasting your time

Same I told him grin
Someone said your God does not exist and you are telling him "my God did this and that" .
Theyld always explain your points and testimonies away.
But that should not stop us anyways from telling them what God did for us. They believe or not.

Their blood is on their own head.

God is good.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Salihusaliheen(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2022
Who created u then,or u just appeared inside ur mum's womb unexpectedly and she just give birth to u?ode keep deceiving urself,how I wish God would teach u a lesson that u would never forget
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:10am On May 09, 2022
Deldrax29:

What do you mean exactly?

Well, I'm owing several people.

At the same time.., I have written several rap songs for recording.

So I'm wondering how I'm gonna settle them and finance the release of my rap songs.

I just resumed back to work in a school last week.... for 10k per month as a part-time member of staff.

The home lessons aren't fixed so I can't speak of them.

Summary is I don't mind your assistance but I also don't want your misunderstanding.

I actually believe in my written rap songs ..... I don't care if Jay-Z plays them or not.

But I know he won't dare to belittle them.

Well, I am getting sick of talking.

I didn't mean to offend you.

Just saying it as it is.

I wish I could also settle 9moblle at least then subscribe to inform the producer that I have several debts I am thinking of settling so that he would know why I haven't sent any recording to him .

Well,the debts are not up to hundreds of thousands but I have to pay back ASAP.

Damn it!

I am basically financially flat.

So, I make do with a number of clothes and sleep on cartons in an incomplete building.

Damn it!
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by tollyboy5(m): 12:26am On May 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Religion is for the weak..
Religion is for the ignorant.. ignorance makes you weak.. therefore religion is for the weak who are too scared to think for themself..
for the fact that you're a Lady. I don like you kiss
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by ButterBurger: 12:32am On May 09, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one has been able to prove reasonably the existence of God.
No one has been able to prove reasonably the nonexistence of God.
you can't stay on the fence.
Talk your own make ur mind rest.

Nobody needs to prove reasonably the existence of God because there's no physical proof of him.
So it's not about proof or not, God is invisible so anything spiritual is belief.
Alaye nobody is asking you for any yeye proof, make you getat of here
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Ashirioluwa: 12:37am On May 09, 2022
Deldrax29:

You don't go to church? I pity your destiny.

Thank you sir. I don’t need any man between me and my God. My religion is my personal affair so don’t let that bothers you.

Whatever you are worshiping or your religion is non of my business. I careless
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by HellVictorinho4(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2022
Ishilove:

What has gender got to do with anything?

Nothing

Just curious
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by mt77: 12:40am On May 09, 2022
Young man, you may be smart, rich, handsome and unbelieving, but that doesn't take away the fact that there is a God that rules and reigns in the affairs of men. Just take a look at nature, yourself, the elements etc doesn't it seem like there is a supreme being that controls all these? Many had defiantly thought like you in time past, but regretted their fuulishness when it was too late to believe and retract their earlier words.
There is a way that seems right before man, but the end leads to death. Only a fool says there is no God. Your father showed you the way you should go but perhaps you chose not to go by it.
You think there is no place for eternity. God's grace is still available, believe in God and the work of redemption that you may be saved. Jesus loves you.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Udemzy05: 12:59am On May 09, 2022
Deldrax29:

Bro I no talk say me no believe in God oooo,I do ooo but if person tell me say he or she no believe in God despite things wey dey happen omo make the person believe whatever he or she likes,e no concern me.

Just have a good conscience,you think say those politicians ,most of dem no believe in God? But them get good conscience? Big NO.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by OriOko88(m): 1:00am On May 09, 2022
engrchykae:
do you practice humanity?
It is the best religion.
Love your neighbor as yourself
If you do this, forget the established religions, they are frauds
Lol.. Where did the verse u quoted come from?? From d bible u dont believe in. Lol.. Confused soul.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:02am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:
Nairalanders Good day. My Pops is a Senior Pastor in one of the Pentecostal Churches in Nigeria and has devoted his life to Church.
Ironically I don't believe in God. Never been the religious type. I See no sense that in 2022 humans still live by a book written by someone in 18BC. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Pops wishes I were religious lyk him carrying some big story book (Bible) with me about Lol.
Watch my Pops dedicate his whole life to someone's business (Church) as they seriously exploit him.
I've advised him Severally but he won't listen. I Can't be like him. I'm Smart, Handsome, Rich and Non-religious. And I Will remain so.
Everything you claim to be is temporary, eternity is the Real Deal here.
I pray you get to give God the chance in your life someday, so you know and feel what True Love feels like.

For the rest of us, it’s not by just accepting God’s existence, it is also by following and doing His will, else you end up same place as unbelievers.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by DrDunamis(m): 1:03am On May 09, 2022
KINGJAJA888:

I love people like you, who always create an opportunity for the word of God to produce results in their lives...
Firstly the calling of God upon your father is not inherited, neither is faith in God nor revelations.
You know some people need to be slapped by the devil before they see the light of God.
If I must comment, your wokeness is actually blindness to a whole new level as the scriptures already foretold.
2Cor.4.3 - If the Good News we preach is veiled from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing.
2Cor.4.4 - Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Re: My Father Is A Pastor But I Don't Believe In God. by KINGJAJA888(m): 1:34am On May 09, 2022
Crafteck1:

Same boat, mine is mfm pastor, its all a scam
Hahaha. We should link up and have some good laugh about this

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 / Apostle Suleman Invites Fayose To His Church Programme After DSS Saga. PICS / Women Dance To Welcome Bishop Oyedepo To Omu Aran In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.