Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

10 Red Flags Of A Cheating Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Red Flags Of A Cheating Partner (270 Views)

What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags / Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Red Flags Of A Cheating Partner by Toyemoni: 12:58pm On May 09, 2022
10 Red Flags of a Cheating Partner.

You just noticed that things aren't the same with your partner. Something seems off, and you can't help but wonder if there's somebody else. Suspecting your partner of cheating can be tricky. The possibility terrifies you, but you're also afraid of being wrong and looking like a fool who has trust issues. In a situation like this, it is wise to tread carefully.

Make sure that there are legitimate reasons for suspecting your partner, and that it's not just your insecurity that is skewing your point of view. If you do have an overwhelming feeling that there may be infidelity in your relationship then read on for common red flags of cheating, and compare them with your man or lady's behavior.

1. Change In long held beliefs: You observe a shift in your partner's attitude about relationships or love. It may be that your man used to condemn husbands who cheat on their wives and had strong opinions about infidelity. Suddenly, they seem more lenient with their thinking.

Maybe you're watching TV together one night and there's news of a celebrity couple breaking up because the man cheated. You are appalled, but he might shrug and say something like "Well, if she stopped having sex with him what do you expect?"

Pay attention to changes in long held beliefs that your partner had, he or she may be altering their view to accommodate their new thinking or behavior.

2. I want to be alone: Your partner suddenly wants to spend a lot of time on their own. The need for space is a major sign that something is going on especially if this request comes out of nowhere and with no valid explanation.

If you two had a fight and he or she is still resentful, then the need for space can be somewhat understood. However, if your relationship is stable and things are going great, and your partner suddenly wants to be alone, there might be someone else filling that void.

3. Picking fights: The man or woman in your life might also not only demand more space but do everything possible to create more of it. He or she might pick fights for no reason, and may make an issue of every little thing to create an illusion that you're not getting along.

They do this to legitimize their wrongdoings and to feel less guilty. The way they figure is this; since you're both always fighting, you are the unreasonable one and you are pushing them into another person's arms.

4. Storming out of the house: On a related note, if your man or woman storms out after a "fight" because they just can't take it anymore and say that they need some time to think, they may be using it as an opportunity to meet up with the other person. This technique has two major benefits.

First, it gives him or her more time on their own to cheat. Second, they can use the fights as a lever to gain the sympathy of the other person who they are cheating with. They want the other man or woman to stay in the deceitful relationship.

So they complain about their partner to demonstrate that they are being driven to cheat and so it isn't their fault. So if every time you fight with your partner, he or she storms out there may be a good reason why.

5. Reverse psychology: When someone is cheating, he or she becomes a master manipulator. If you start noticing that your once earnest and direct partner is using reverse psychology and other weird techniques that they didn't use before, then know that something is up. If he or she always makes it seem that you're the one in the wrong no matter what happens. He or she may have something to hide.

6. On the defensive: If your man or lady has suddenly become overly defensive and can't take any type of criticism, then you need to take a good look at what's going on. If you ask him about a lady co-worker and he starts a fight, or he becomes furious after you ask him why he didn't call if he was going to be late for dinner, there's something there.

Ask your partner about it, maybe there's a good reason for this newly found oversensitivity and short temper. A stressful work week or family problems may be to blame for this change in behavior.

8.Always lying through their teeth: Cheating always involves lying. If you keep catching your partner in little lies, then something is up. If he said he was working late the night before at the office, then says that he was out with his boss having drinks another time, beware he may be cheating. If the little things he or she says just don't add up, then ask them about it. If they avoid confronting the issue, you can be sure that there's something going on that shouldn't be.

9. Going the distance: If your partner is cheating, then he or she may deal by becoming more distant. He will avoid talking about serious subjects and only engage in small talk. He may avoid getting into conversations about your finances, work, and children if you have them or any future plans. He or she will always seem to have something on their mind and you can't seem to connect with them on a deeper level like you used to

10. Emotional detachment: Your partner might also disengage emotionally from your relationship. Your man used to be extremely affectionate and loving, but now you can't get an "I love you" out of him. There might be something wrong. You'll want to ask him why he has become emotionally detached.

He might be upset with you over something you did and is acting out, so talking about it is very important. If he just shrugs or refuses to even acknowledge his behavior or even blames you for being paranoid, something deeper might be festering under his aloof exterior and you need to be careful.

Are you a Christian Single and Searching for a great relationship that will lead to Happy marriage? I have a good news for you

I discovered this dating site some month ago called "Nigerian Christian Singles" and I introduced it to my friend where she met someone very special to her... and they have started a serious courtship .l'm so excited about this.

Pls if you are a Christian single and seriously searching please make use of this wonderful site and thank me later.. << https://www.nigerianchristiansingles.com/?ref=155
Re: 10 Red Flags Of A Cheating Partner by Felimax(m): 1:07pm On May 09, 2022
Nice write up!

(1) (Reply)

Romance / I Want To Say Thank You To An Angel / I Need A Serious Relationship Am In Abuja Whatsapp 08171096446

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.