Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This (45266 Views)

Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Meetmeat(m): 4:26pm On May 10, 2022
The lady in question does not have a support system to pull through her masters.I always advise fresh graduate to have a career job before going for masters as this would determine what area of masters to purse.I am speaking from a HR perspective.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by UncleKoboko: 4:27pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

We both finished our NYSC service last year, luckily enough we started a POS business and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis.

The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down.

She told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger.

Please Nairalanders, did l do anything wrong? What is the best way to handle this issue?

That girl is definitely a wh0re...
You are not first and won't be her last.
Most of them are just very selfish and unreasonable
There have also been other options and there is definitely one motivating and bankrolling her at the moment.
If you are in doubt, pretend to reconcile with her, agree with all her demands and secretly hack her phone... YOU WILL SEE ALL THE ANSWERS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR....

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by AreaFada2: 4:29pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
l dont think so, na man dey marry Ngozi okonjo iweala , it depends on her mentality though,
NOI's hubby is a US based surgeon by the way. She belongs to a different generation of women too. No comparison.

A relative's wife went to read law and left him for another man going with most of her kids. My relative happily encouraged her to return to school and paid all her fees and school expenses. She begged to return years later but she was so so rejected by my relative. A friend's wife also went to read law and began messing about later. She left with the kids too. Seen too many of it. Of course some woman remain loyal but getting fewer and fewer these days.

OP, allow her do her master's degree. Since you are not going to fund it.

But be aware that since you won't fund her degree, another man probably will. So get ready to move on. In fact you are 95% single already. Good luck.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Rico96(m): 4:29pm On May 10, 2022
'Longtime ambition' anytime i see this statement of late...Tinubu rush in my mind

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by HausaIboYoruba: 4:29pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

We both finished our NYSC service last year, luckily enough we started a POS business and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis.

The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down.

She told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger.

Please Nairalanders, did l do anything wrong? What is the best way to handle this issue?
I don't support you or her. Both of you obviously have different goals and it will be best for you guys to chase that individually if non is ready to compromise for the other. Education in Nigeria is over hyped. Her goal is good but it's useless in Nigeria. Just imagine spending more than 5years in school only to end up with a pos job lol.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by BrashMan: 4:30pm On May 10, 2022
headbasher96:
Oga allow her to do her mind she is not your wife the rate we nigerian guys want to holdback any free to.to we are fucking amaze me if she want master let her go u expand yourself u are not twins just fornication mates if u secure the bag u go still marry her when u want what if u two want to expand and paraventure expansion letter no work she will still blame u that u held her back and she will dump u life na race one man dance them bless am another dance them beat am if u want to expand focus and expand yourself last last if she is fanancially bouyant naija mentality go make am turn fenmist u go still lose am naija graduate no the get sense i no know why

Come, do you have problem with commas and full stops? In fact, you get beef with punctuation? This your comment dey like person wey dey drive car without break.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 10, 2022
Islandlady:
Seriously you did not do anything wrong Op, but if she insist on doing the Masters let her do it, since she told you it's her long time ambition and she don't need your money! I bet she has another source and support for money!!!

Continue and expand your own business! Just don't stand as an obstacle for her undecided she is truly a lady of ambition to admire

But if you two don't share common goal or can't get alone with each other dreams then let her go!

Sound advice

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Paulianfa(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2022
My guy pls be calm...
I know u are afraid of losing her but she said Msc is her long time dreams. I think u should not stand in her way since she will foot the bills.
And don't u think of joining her? Cos at the third end levels will comes to play i.e Bsc to Bsc and Msc to Msc or wealthy carrier personal.

But also be careful oooo and watch ur side 24/7, this is woman we are talking about oooo...
My warning ooo b4 premium tears go come ooo. My guy collect sense grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by wirinet(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
so going for masters and coming back home to remain jobless is better,, l made 5k a day so l will continue making 5k till eternity, l wont invest and l wont do other businesses? l am been realistic here you are here yabbing what l dont know, did u even read were l emphasize on her expanding her business and source of income before going back to school,, how many people with masters are actually making that chicken 5k a day as u tag, this is my woman someone l want to spend the rest of my life with, l dont want her to live in this illusion of pilling up certificate without an iota knowledge on how to make money,,,

Gbam. I feel you my nigga. Nigerians are so obsessed with piling up useless certificates just to earn titles like Dr. or Prof. As you said, if she was interested in acquiring in-demand skills you would have been happy, but spending hundreds of thousands acquiring masters or phd in business administration or public administration is a luxury that would not add anything to your value.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by moonbender(m): 4:34pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

This your girlfriend should be around 20-25 years old. She never know as e dey go.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Slynation(m): 4:34pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Thank you very much, That is what l will emphasize on, some people are just myopic in nature, the degree she did no job came out of it, you happen to get a good location were business is booming ,you want to dump it after a year to go for a master degree, a girl that is in her late twenties already that should be thinking on settling down,,
well... Perhaps there is something you don't know about her, but very soon, it will come to reality...!!

But allow her to do what pleases her...
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by DPlanB1(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2022
It's not a bad idea bro, don't kill her dream support in any way u can but one thing is certain it's definitely gona be her responsibility alone let her know that too

Meanwhile let's talk about Affiliate marketing
The real life changer
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by guru03(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2022
Islandlady:
Seriously you did not do anything wrong Op, but if she insist on doing the Masters let her do it, since she told you it's her long time ambition and she don't need your money! I bet she has another source and support for money!!!

Continue and expand your own business! Just don't stand as an obstacle for her undecided she is truly a lady of ambition to admire

But if you two don't share common goal or can't get alone with each other dreams then let her go!

Well said! follow this advice.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Nonexisting: 4:39pm On May 10, 2022
Leave the poor vaginarian alone. She has her life and you have your POS life. Please I beg you in the name of whatever you believe in to break up with her so she can go better her life. She is too smart to be dating someone like you before you lock her in a particular level in life.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by imagrg(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2022
Trust no lady.
Just let her go if she doesn't fit into your dreams!
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Connected1: 4:41pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

Are you in Warri?

I feel like I know you guys.

Personally I will allow her go for it but see her as a bad debt someone is owing me, if she comes back then we continue else I continue.

Ngozi Iweala is one of a kind, I am sure your girlfriend is of the other numerous kinds which means her respect for you will drastically reduce and she go for guys above her.

Don't trust any woman not even your sister.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by superCleanworks(m): 4:42pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:

you better allow her go get that Masters degree. it is an added advantage if she gets it. when the day and she loses an opportunity because she does not have a masters degree that is when you will know what hell is because she will nag and nag and never let you sleep.

she say she no need your money to run am, what do you have to lose?

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by NiceMen: 4:42pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

Allow her go for the MSc please. No big deal there. Whole you handle your business..also keep your options open because he might for go for the MSc and find a man.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Obason22(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2022
Omo, she already have some one else
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Manna4Gurls: 4:44pm On May 10, 2022
Even if she later left you, focus on your business.

Whenever she came across you after the long journey, try to grab this four word she'll unconciously announce

"FINALY YOU MADE IT"

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Roozzaay(m): 4:47pm On May 10, 2022
youngreezy:
you dey drink alcohol?if yes wetin be your brand make I order two cold(mortuary standard) bottles.....your sense too much abeg.person family never chop em dey carry woman matter for em head, woman wey fit don do introduction with another man behind em back.....

Comrade, to dash you something huge just dey hungry me
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Joshbass: 4:48pm On May 10, 2022
You did not do anything wrong by persuading her to be financially stable first and she didn't do anything wrong by wanting to further her education. Now listen, different people have different things that give them joy and satisfaction in life. She may jst love academic work and may jst want to be an MSc holder as her an ambition. I will advice you to support her and give her that satisfaction in life. We all know the country is bleeped but knowledge they say is power. If you love her, support her and don't end your relationship because of this lil ish.. You guys shud fix it amicably.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by agabaI23(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2022
RedMac:
Don't be an obstacle to her dreams and aspirations, having a master's degree is not a bad decision... It may be very very useful to her in the future...

If you're not comfortable with her going to school, while u do business... Then log out of the relationship...

It's as simple as that
The log out for me
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by headbasher96(m): 4:50pm On May 10, 2022
BrashMan:

Come, do you have problem with commas and full stops? In fact, you get beef with punctuation? This your comment dey like person wey dey drive car without break.
no mind me na one hand i the use we are not all idle here some of use are addicted to nl even on the go
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by petrage(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2022
Islandlady:

Ladies wey get sense like you still dey this our kwantri? Thou art blessed Ma'am

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Bamzyriches451: 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
Damn!
Ogbeni op focus on yourself and allow that girl do whatever she wants, you're not married yet so don't try to stop her from doing what's on her.... besides she has told you that's her long time ambition.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by topiiiiiiii(f): 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
it is paining because l love her, when you truly care about people you won't want them to make the wrong decision, masters are for those who already have a job at hand or somebody eager to help them secured that job, lets secure a good source of income for ourselves first before this master of a thing
is aud not on strike? You have a point too sha
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Moneyyman: 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
Although you did nothing wrong, I suspect that your tone of talking might have made her look foolish for talking about her master's.

When she comes back, hold her, pet her and ask to talk about it. Possibly say sounding like you belittle her lifelong dream. Now gently tell her your reasons why you think her master's can and should WAIT...NOT STOP BUT WAIT.

Ask her if she could do the master's and still run a business and if she thinks she can combine both.

I'm sure you'll both reach a conclusion.

Remember, her dreams are valid and should not take a backstage unless to wait it out.

P.S: Are you guys living together? If yes, jejely go and do the needful o.

victooman:
Please help advice me,

That's not true! I don't have a "job" but I'm doing my M.Sc. If she can get by, allow her to do it. Just ask her if she's truly convinced that she can.

And also be ready to support her at some point because it would get difficult. Do you even know if her M.Sc could open doors for you guys later?

victooman:
it is paining because l love her, when you truly care about people you won't want them to make the wrong decision, masters are for those who already have a job at hand or somebody eager to help them secured that job, lets secure a good source of income for ourselves first before this master of a thing

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by topiiiiiiii(f): 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
is ASUU not on strike? You have a point too sha
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Melonny(m): 4:53pm On May 10, 2022
OP is just scared she's gonna leave. Don't be an enemy of progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adorable Pre-wedding Pictures Shot In Canada / Bride Mocks Her Ex For Saying No Man Would Ever Marry Her (Photos, Video) / Why Men Prefer Ladies That Are Above 30years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.