Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This (45259 Views)

Help I'm About To Marry A Choleric Woman / I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I'm About To Propose To My Sales Girl, Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by frankmoney(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
you will know when u gow up, l should have gone towards your threads before replying you
bro you still don't have sense ....better change your mindset
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 7:10pm On May 10, 2022
frankmoney:
bro you still don't have sense ....better change your mindset
but l get pass ur father?
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Exceed15: 7:27pm On May 10, 2022
You should be happy she's got ambition to better her life ,besides she's not depending on you financially. Let her fulfill her dream biko
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Osas4lav(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2022
Not for everyone but if you think you need a gpod business, read this ebook. Find out easy way to start your own travel business with less than 20k and start cashing out from home or as a side hustle from your office here in Nigeria. Check it out;
https://ebooks.digicolics.com/index.php/downloads/start-your-own-travel-agency-in-nigeria/
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by BrainBright: 7:40pm On May 10, 2022
IamMobisola:

Because your certificate isn’t useful to you and you aren’t using it to make money doesn’t mean it will be the same for everybody else. There are people that have applied for scholarships abroad to study for masters degree, UK has 2 years Poststudy work visa on which you can work for two years and migrate to work visa from there. Same with Canada where you can even get your Residence permit after a year. And all these require your first degree certificate.
There are many people on this route already and I am also in the process.

There are so many things you can do with your certificates.

Baba, Can we be friend?.. I'm also trying my best to get a scholarship for my master
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by NoToPile: 7:50pm On May 10, 2022
I don't even get what the hullabo is all about and the way OP is replying people makes me wonder.

She wants a masters fine, you only need the information and she's Informed you, I don't get what you are worked up about.

Masters that is 1 year or 2 years max with time to even run business, so what's the fuss about.

Having an extra degree worked for some of us, some it's business, everyone mustn't have the same orientation.

I was even thinking she wanted to break up with you, if you want to break up with her because she's going for masters then she might be better off without you.

What kind of boys are being bred this day sef.

3 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by DrDunamis(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

We both finished our NYSC service last year, luckily enough we started a POS business and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis.

The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down.

She told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger.

Please Nairalanders, did l do anything wrong? What is the best way to handle this issue?

Amazing, but why can't you kill two birds with one stone? There's truly no cause for a misunderstanding between you too. And if you breakup or even consider breaking up with her then you might somewhat be limited in vision. While there is credence to your concerns about your already gotten degrees the fact remains that having a masters degree opens up more opportunities and who knows where it will take her to.
The truth is you should change your mind and not feel intimidated at all by her ambitions and academic desires instead support her fully

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 8:00pm On May 10, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

Let me predict the future for you .
She would go for the masters ..and you Would SIMPly support her..
She would finish successfully in few years.. get a good job and Dump you to marry her new senior colleague at the office..

Cheers to your pain in advance..
cheesy
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 8:03pm On May 10, 2022
Firefox01:
Alaye, rest. The type of business is the issue here. Who would love to be a POS operator for life? Certainly not me.
nothing wrong in been a pos operator,and l didn't say for life, it is still better than a lot of job out there, all were my stand is you plan and perfectly execute, getting a master is till not an assurance

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by babtoundey(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

We both finished our NYSC service last year, luckily enough we started a POS business and as God will have it, we are both doing well, we both make a minimum of 5k at least on daily basis.

The main problem is that of recent she is talking about applying for her masters degree, l told her what is the essence of going for masters degree when the degree we obtain has not been any useful to us, why not expand this particular business, be financially stable before you start talking about masters, beside we need to build our self financially well if we have to settle down.

She told me that is her long time ambition and she is not expecting any money from me, she left my house this morning with anger.

Please Nairalanders, did l do anything wrong? What is the best way to handle this issue?

You don't deserve her. You are dating someone more intelligent and focused than you are. Please, let her go. Look for your mate.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Firefox01: 8:34pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
nothing wrong in been a pos operator,and l didn't say for life, it is still better than a lot of job out there, all were my stand is you plan and perfectly execute, getting a master is till not an assurance
Let the girl upgrade herself and go for a masters in peace. Eventually, she'll meet a man whose goals aligns with hers. You too will find another girl who agrees with you as well.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:40pm On May 10, 2022
chymeze:
First of all man, you're not her husband. Get married to her first then you'd hold that right to decide whether you'd want her to go for masters or not. Secondly, I really don't see anything wrong with her wanting to fulfill her long time dream of having a masters. Not everything in life is about money or business. Many at times the things that make you feel fulfilled in life are seemingly little things like this. She might make all the money she wants in life with you but by the time she gets old she'd feel so unfulfilled and empty because she didn't achieve her life ambition of having that masters. So let her pursue her dreams and try to support her on it. Never always look at happiness and fulfilment in life from the aspect of making money. And don't try to impose your will or preferences on a lady who's not rightfully your wife. Even if she was your wife, you'd still have to shift grounds at times to make her happy especially if what she's asking for is not immoral. Shalom

Very wise words, something business oriented person's like me need to learn.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:
You're not her father or husband...allow her do whatever she wants. Learn to channel this energy to better your life and that of your family!

I know you're surprised how a girl you've been struggling with all of a sudden has money and resources to further her studies...well, she's a Nigerian girl, they always got plan B.

Their husband or boyfriend are not always in their plan B.
Some has plans C,D,E,F... grin grin

Instead of him to focus on his financial status and expanding his networks, he is spending time on a lady with PlanZ..

Anyways, she will go for her masters, meet established guy that came to further studies for the bragging rights, appear homely and decent, he will marry her, and OP will wail and create threads to seek advise wey him they overlook now..

Na here we go read the aftermath.. grin

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by zedegit: 8:45pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

Op she's sending conflicting signals.
She can't be talking of marriage and school at the same time.

You are not overreacting because las las you are the person that would sacrifice. She may say she can take care of it now but later she will definitely ask for your help.

Besides what of child bearing? Will you defer it until she finishes? What of food? Will she be cooking for you or sex? She will tell you she's tired. To be honest, it will be frustrating finally.

This I have seen.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 8:49pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

That money you are saving to use and marry her, use am go purchase Your Masters form and proceed immediately..

While doing your business.

You are about to be outsmarted...

i don break the Nsugbe coconut for you. grin

Self development is the biggest investment..It will pay you and make you rich either now or later.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by lordlugards: 8:50pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
see mumu mentality, make she go marry governor pikin naa, so l am not wasting my future with her a pos girl,,you no get sense l swear
you wey over sense wan kill, you carry person pikin keep for house, dey knack her ontop empty stomach without her people concepts.

Now that her sense don finally come back, you come dey ask us foolish questions as if you been dey do normal thing b/4.

Ogbeni focus on your future first, b/4 you start looking for woman.
When you make money, na them go dey rush u.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Kriss216: 8:59pm On May 10, 2022
Munzy14:

Some has plans C,D,E,F... grin grin

Instead of him to focus on his financial status and expanding his networks, he is spending time on a lady with PlanZ..

Anyways, she will go for her masters, meet established guy that came to further studies for the bragging rights, appear homely and decent, he will marry her, and OP will wail and create threads to seek advise wey him they overlook now..

Na here we go read the aftermath.. grin
You don summarize the whole scenario for am grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 9:00pm On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:

You don summarize the whole scenario for am grin
grin grin

Na Nsugbe coconut I break for am...I wish them the pay for advice here.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2022
lordlugards:
you wey over sense wan kill, you carry person pikin keep for house, dey knack her ontop empty stomach without her people concepts.

Now that her sense don finally come back, you come dey ask us foolish questions as if you been dey do normal thing b/4.

grin grin
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Kriss216: 9:02pm On May 10, 2022
Munzy14:

grin grin

Na Nsugbe coconut I break for am...I wish them the pay for advice here.
You for don become billionaire in dollars grin

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Munzy14(m): 9:08pm On May 10, 2022
Kriss216:

You for don become billionaire in dollars grin
As in eeh.. grin
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Albertone(m): 9:16pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
it is paining because l love her, when you truly care about people you won't want them to make the wrong decision, masters are for those who already have a job at hand or somebody eager to help them secured that job, lets secure a good source of income for ourselves first before this master of a thing

If she refused to be convinced,let her be.

Tomorrow, if an opportunity comes that requires a msc degree and she hasn't got one, she'll say you're the one that made her lose the opportunity.Had it been you allowed her get the degree,she wouldn't lose this opportunity bla bla bla.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Clinghton: 9:18pm On May 10, 2022
It must not end up in marriage just because you guys finished NYSC together.

Your plans doesn't fit.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by BRATISLAVA: 9:23pm On May 10, 2022
chymeze:
First of all man, you're not her husband. Get married to her first then you'd hold that right to decide whether you'd want her to go for masters or not . Secondly, I really don't see anything wrong with her wanting to fulfill her long time dream of having a masters. Not everything in life is about money or business. Many at times the things that make you feel fulfilled in life are seemingly little things like this. She might make all the money she wants in life with you but by the time she gets old she'd feel so unfulfilled and empty because she didn't achieve her life ambition of having that masters. So let her pursue her dreams and try to support her on it. Never always look at happiness and fulfilment in life from the aspect of making money. And don't try to impose your will or preferences on a lady who's not rightfully your wife. Even if she was your wife, you'd still have to shift grounds at times to make her happy especially if what she's asking for is not immoral. Shalom

@bolded, the right to control a human or a dog via ownership?

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by SoapQueen(f): 10:20pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
you dont know shit about insecurities, if l decide to break up with her and move on, she will be the one to open a thread here and start complaining on how she suffered with me and l dump her,, l guess l hit a part in you when l mention marriage,, she is not like you she needed marriage .so what you tag as expanding horizone is taking risk without calculation, so getting a master degree is expanding her horizone but expanding a business is not,, see how myopic your mind can be , there are many women available o, l am holding on to this one because l love her and we have come far and l dont want to hurt anyone, stop making it look as if l will end up as a priest if she decides to leave, in this country now you should know that having a business and basic skills is a bigger way of expanding horizone than reading theories and obtaining certificate that will add so little ur life

Little boy, go play.. See you raging like a 10 year old. Who made you her father or husband to make such decisions in her life?

You claim there are many women out there but your chest hurt just because she wants to go and do her Masters.

Marriage? You hit a cord where? Me wey dey intentionally no dey allow man talk about proposal because this generation has bastardized the institution.

The only myopic person here is you...Why quarelling with her if you aren't pained that she wants to further her studies? We know your type, goodnight, dreamkiller.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by frankfab(m): 10:31pm On May 10, 2022
One think we all must learn in life is to respect people's decisions.

We all have dreams and aspirations.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by mcdokwe(m): 10:34pm On May 10, 2022
victooman:
Please help advice me,

Are you scared she is growing ahead of you?
It is her dream, don't try to stop her
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by teemonk(m): 10:39pm On May 10, 2022
You're simply scared of loosing her if she goes out in pursuit of her long dreamt ambition....
victooman:
Please help advice me,

Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by Funkybabee(f): 10:42pm On May 10, 2022
If we make the findings very well

You must be olodo during the days of your school angry cheesy

I hope that lady see this post because this kind of mentality can kill her dream if she mistakenly marry you

I don't have a better job but I aim to do my master if possible as God willeth, starting at the end of this year.

No fund at hand, planning accommodation and relocation in this same year but I believe my God is all sufficient God, my all in all will do it
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:17pm On May 10, 2022
lordlugards:

see mumu talk see assumptions, l carry person pickin put for which house, a girl who makes over 200k in a month, didnt you see were l stated the minimum sales are usually 5k, that mean say market bad o, how hunger go take catch that kind person ,go sit down abeg
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:21pm On May 10, 2022
Munzy14:

That money you are saving to use and marry her, use am go purchase Your Masters form and proceed immediately..

While doing your business.

You are about to be outsmarted...

i don break the Nsugbe coconut for you. grin

Self development is the biggest investment..It will pay you and make you rich either now or later.
buying masters is not a self development in Nigeria as it stands now, l will rather pay get a new tech skills or go into phone accessories ,pilling up certificate that pay just 5 percent of it holders in most cases is not self improvement to me, it is gambling.
Re: I'm About To Break Up With My Girlfriend Because Of This by victooman: 11:25pm On May 10, 2022
Firefox01:
Let the girl upgrade herself and go for a masters in peace. Eventually, she'll meet a man whose goals aligns with hers. You too will find another girl who agrees with you as well.
you na werey l swear,, thank you for ur advice we ended the argument with a good bang this night,, keep looking down on people's profession, some pos operators will feed you for life, l am sure you ranting all this may even be below 200k a month, but make we keep quiet everyone is rich online,,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Men Prefer Ladies That Are Above 30years. / My Pre Wedding Photos / Not Pictures But Video Of George Floyd Bluefilm - ADULT CONTENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.