Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae (30663 Views)

2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Owie Rowland: Presidency Should Remain In North For Another 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Lionnation: 9:28am On May 11, 2022
Catfishsuplayya:
I just completed another successful fish hatching and the harvest was great.

Feel free to contact me for your catfish fingerlings, I deliver to every part of Nigeria and you don't need to pay for the delivery.
please I need it in pH, send your whatsapp
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Jostoman: 9:29am On May 11, 2022
Tonypens48:
While the act of competence, charisma and a vision-oriented Presidential aspirant can be well presented in all tribes and geo-political zone, with respect to fairness and the conventional agreement held in the past on sequential zoning of elections, it clearly shows that it is the turn of the south-east to produce a president and to deny them indicates the arbitrary nature of the party they find themselves. smiley smiley

Every sane Nigerian without sentiment knows this, and this we can see in the news above.
Nigeria will be great again.

Kindly check my signature below for your Academic research services(Assignments, Projects, business proposals, advertisements, etc...)
yes Peter Obi for president

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Soso990240(m): 9:30am On May 11, 2022
Corporate2020:
Yes, Presidency should go to the South East in 2023. But, Igbos must fight for it. Presidency will never be zoned to any Igbo village.

Obasanjo, Buhari, Goatluck, Yar'Adua, all contested against candidates from other regions, including Igbos. So, Igbos too should come out as they have already done, present not more than two consensus candidates and mobilize for them to face candidates from other regions.

There is no single Igbo coward on Earth, none ever existed. Anybody bearing Igbo name and saying that the Presidency should be zoned to Igbo villages without contest by other regions, is definitely a bastard. Igbos will face anybody in any contest.

Several Igbos have contested for and won political offices in UK, USA, Canada, e.t.c., why then will a true Igbo man be afraid of contesting against other regions right here in their father's land?
Na sentimental judgement go kill una. Then why practice Zoning? Trow it open nah, let everybody contest, including the Northener, let's see if they won't Govern u forever.. when they zone it to the South, it should go to the Southeast, e no concern u which village dem go carry am go.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 9:32am On May 11, 2022
post=112716713:

[

You need to quit this hypocrisy of yours. Come out and say what you truly want so as to be taken seriously.

You claim to be a proponent of One Nigeria but subtly take jibes at people from one part of the same country.

No one would stop you from what you believe in but come out of your hypocrisy and say what you truly mean.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by okorogodwin4(m): 9:35am On May 11, 2022
Catfishsuplayya:
I just completed another successful fish hatching and the harvest was great.

Feel free to contact me for your catfish fingerlings, I deliver to every part of Nigeria and you don't need to pay for the delivery.
want to learn how to Hatch do you teach people let me know. Send me yr wassap number
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:37am On May 11, 2022
DaveDGreat:

You need to quit this hypocrisy of yours. Come out and say what you truly want so as to be taken seriously.

You claim to be a proponent of One Nigeria but subtly take jibes at people from one part of the same country.

No one would stop you from what you believe in but come out of your hypocrisy and say what you truly mean.
Can you please keep quiet?
She has No time from Igbos.
As dem MANNA always say here ; God bless all good, hardworking igbos out there.
May Devil and Amadioha kill all Igbos murderers and cannibals killing innocent igbos

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by GOATandYAMtheory: 9:39am On May 11, 2022
haffaze777:

Welcome back broda,all the progressive family have missed you.

And the yarinya you promised me also?

God bless your lineage and shame all that want to hate you

Iseeeeeeee
You no dey forget o! grin grin grin grin

The yanriyan too go follow soon. No worries, bro

Iseeeee to your prayers
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Coolbanke: 9:41am On May 11, 2022
Coldie:

Putting sentiments apart what do u mean. I am an easterner if u really want to put sentiments apart tell me what u mean

I'm not an Easterner and deep down I would want a Yoruba man. That's the sentiment.

But for fairness, an Igbo man is also a Nigerian and at least they should be given this time.

But the glaring reality is they seem to be unsure of their stance. Is it the VP spot, President or Biafra?
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:44am On May 11, 2022
ATLEAST UNA MOUTH PIECE DON TALK,una OBj AND HIS BRODA.
BUHARI WILL BE THE WORSE UNPATRIOTIC NIGERIAN,IF HE DOESN'T ARRANGE THIS PREDIDNT ELECTION 2023 WELL AS USUAL AND Give IT TO A SOUTHEASTERNER. angryyoruba obj don do 8years two terms,Hausa Fulani don do 8years 2terms,southsouth don do.But southeast is yet to do even one year since 1967. angryconstitutionally balance of power will keep nigeria united. undecided Igboman should also learn his lessons that from 1966 violence to their current violence in east is not the way to go,because it is only losses it brings to them.e.g OBVIOUSLY THE SAVAGES AND UNSCHOLLED IGBO YOUTHS ARE KILLING THEIR KINGSMEN AND KILLING ECONOMY OF THE EAST.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Poiu11: 9:46am On May 11, 2022
grin
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Poiu11: 9:48am On May 11, 2022
grin grin

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 9:49am On May 11, 2022
obembet:

[s]This is why other tribe can never support Igbos[/s].... Instead of you to come out with what u have for people, what u beta than other candidates, you turn yourself to ADAMU GARBA and start insulting other tribe that u will still need Thier support.

I think Reno is right about u people

Oga speak for yourself and not other Nigerians that didn't make you their spokesperson.

Praytell, who started calling those that didn't support their candidates"Wailers", "children of hate an perdition", "meth", and so on?

Una feel say Na only una get mouth Ko?

Selective hypocrisy is hypocrisy nonetheless.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by olas24u(f): 9:56am On May 11, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

Lols ....why skipping Olusegun Obasanjo's name?
Is he from Cameroon as well with Atiku?

And who told you Igbos didn't vote massively for Abiola??
Abiola that the whole Igbos supported but was removed and dealt with by the same tribe you are running to for their votes.

Go and dig out histories abeg from people that are not bigots, before I see your ignorance as hatred on Igbos...

https://www.inecnigeria.org/
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Freebills12: 9:56am On May 11, 2022
[/color]
post=112716713:

[color=#990000]SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now after election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. We heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

We really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

We have learnt not to bother ourself anymore to avoid unnecessary arguements with nonentities
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it..

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Only a sensible person like you can ever see sense in this.
Glad to see we still have intelligent people with a sound mind like you around.
God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

Only a foolish man will believe this your trash, a fallacious statement aimed to cover justice and fairness; Ogbonnia Onu the minister of science and technology was the party chairman of ANPP in 2014, he led to form the new party likewise Rochas Okorocha who led his own APGA party as the governor of Imo State. Ngige was a senator under AC, he led his own delegation to form APC. Buhari can't be president in 2015 if he didn't get 25% of south easterner votes. Stop this delusion, it won't favour you, neither will it make your own candidate president.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Babathanks(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
grin

that's why I love real Omoluabis not those Tinubu criminals.
a logical mind will see the same thing those elders are seeing.
you want presidency to be zoned to the south because it's their turn yet you want to corner it you wey don do your turn in both VP and presidency?
is that not greed?
Hehehehehe it's better to be thrown open so that whoever has the majority will be elected.
it's SE or SS presidency or the north continues.
no wey for Tinubu criminals.
2023 will not be APC vs pdp rather it's election of interest and personality.
What’s your problem with southwest, you just hate us for no reason. You are even suggesting south south to be the next president whereas the last time that president came to south is from there
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Ajixegun: 9:58am On May 11, 2022
I'm fully in support of this. As someone from Southwest, i have been asking why shielding south easterners away from becoming the president of this country? If it's still because of bitterness of civil war, it had already been declared no victor no vanquished.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 9:58am On May 11, 2022
Zeeku:
You're calling them hateful and selfish creations, look at what you're saying, now you're being hateful and selfish. My brother you need help!

You don see am Na. People label others what they themselves truly are so they can feel better and wallow in delusion.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:02am On May 11, 2022
Mooh247:
pressing their mumu button as usual

Safiu, once again, don't meddle into matters you know next to nothing about. You hear?
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:05am On May 11, 2022
Mkpurumiriaddic:
Obasanjo is high on mkpurumiri,who will vote flatron?he should come and force us in Kano to vote mkpurumiri Obiliar.

You this boy grin grin grin

You don reach here now now? You don see shege for my hand for the other thread.

See as you just dey insult your elder, Obasanjo. I thought they said you people are the "most respectful" tribe on earth that don't insult elders? This no be Afonja trait ooo.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:11am On May 11, 2022
Toks2008:

That is the issue.

Even the SE is not unified.

Shebbi they ought to come together and produce a sellable candidate like Obi but their short sightedness will always ruin things.

grin grin

People like you make me laugh. You label others what you are and what you practice just to feel alright. A guest on nairaland would see this opinion of yours and take it as the truth.

Please tell me how many people from the South West are campaigning for President? Yet does it mean the SW is not unified? Shebi it's Tinubu and the boys he claimed to have raised that are battling for Presidency?

Bros, just speak your mind and move on without bringing wrong assertions please.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by edungene7: 10:12am On May 11, 2022
GOATandYAMtheory:
Foolish old men

The president of Nigeria can and should never come from that region, not now, not ever.

Those hateful and selfish creations don't deserve presidency of Nigeria.

Nigeria president should never be picked from an mkpurumiri guzzling gathering
stop expressing your frustration in public space a foolish old man that is better than any one that has ever originated from yr family you can't hide the truth one day an Igbo president must emerge

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Fola54: 10:13am On May 11, 2022
And you're taking baba OBJ serious rejoicing mediocrity because he supports one region to produce the presidency in the 2023 elections,ask if OBJ ever love any other person other than himself talk more of loving a particular region, because he was to be that concerned of region he wouldn't be seeking third term in office after 2007 expiration of his tenure as the president of this great nation and if not for the resilience effort of Senator Gbemisola Saraki this man would have remain as Nigeria President till now and he wrestled power with his vice President till the end of his tenure. So this is preaching that the presidency should come from SE or SS for equity and fairness abeg make we yia word jooo
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:14am On May 11, 2022
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Only a foolish man will believe this your trash, a fallacious statement aimed to cover justice and fairness; Ogbonnia Onu the minister of science and technology was the party chairman of ANPP in 2014, he led to form the new party likewise Rochas Okorocha who led his own APGA party as the governor of Imo State. Ngige was a senator under AC, he led his own delegation to form APC. Buhari can't be president in 2015 if he didn't get 25% of south easterner votes. Stop this delusion, it won't favour you, neither will it make your own candidate president.

Please do not mind the hypocrite called and IloveDemManna. The monikers are the same person and his hypocrisy has been laid bare.

Imagine the rubbish he wrote there. Thank God for people like you who can stand and bare witness to the events and participants that led to the formation of the APC.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:14am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

You know igbos don't like the truth? And you will see the truth and be writing different things, in historical data, before and after independence, check and don't accept what I say, you are always partnering with the north. Yorubas have been in opposition for so long and you and the hausa have always been together. You worked against, awolowo, you worked against Abiola and never voted olu falae and now the people that hate Tinubu the most are from the east, they insult him the most.

Check the lines of actions and see where you are running away from the truth,...what Nigerians (not Igbos ) are against is that we can't have a Yoruba Muslim as a President and also a Muslim as the Vice President......
Mostly atimes, Yoruba always like to play the game of reaping because they showed loyalty ( not minding if other tribes were killed or maltreated) and that ideology always push them believing they can bring up anybody and win because the FULANI man is supposed to support them.

A case study of the claims TINUBU is exhibiting of recent....

If Igbos were partnering with the North since , I wonder if TINIBU is an Igbo man when he partnered with FULANI HAUSA as from 2015 up till date....

I asked you a question but you chose to run away from it as well......
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Mooh247: 10:15am On May 11, 2022
DaveDGreat:

Safiu, once again, don't meddle into matters you know next to nothing about. You hear?

David who the fvck you authority over what I can and can't meddle in
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:18am On May 11, 2022
Mooh247:

David who the fvck you authority over what I can and can't meddle in

If you're rational enough, you would know better than to meddle into matters way above your IQ.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Mooh247: 10:20am On May 11, 2022
DaveDGreat:

If you're rational enough, you would know better than to meddle into matters way above your IQ.

David the i.q detector you couldn't use your own advise to keep off meddling into my comment could you?

You just needed the attention.... Now you have it
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Toks2008(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2022
DaveDGreat:

grin grin

People like you make me laugh. You label others what you are and what you practice just to feel alright. A guest on nairaland would see this opinion of yours and take it as the truth.

Please tell me how many people from the South West are campaigning for President? Yet does it mean the SW is not unified? Shebi it's Tinubu and the boys he claimed to have raised that are battling for Presidency?

Bros, just speak your mind and move on without bringing wrong assertions please.

It is apparent that many of you are quoting me without a clear understanding of my point.

As it is the South East by all fairness should occupy Aso Villa but because of this rear opportunity, this is the time for them to come together to form a consensus and present a sellable candidate and not the time to split delegate so that they can have a better chance of getting the ticket.

Do i have to explain more?
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:23am On May 11, 2022
Toks2008:

It is apparent that many of you are quoting me without a clear understanding of my point.

As it is the South East by all fairness should occupy Aso Villa but because of this rear opportunity, this is the time for them to come together to form a consensus and present a sellable candidate and not the time to split delegate so that they can have a better chance of getting the ticket.

Do i have to explain more?

The SE has a candidate that is sellable in Obi. Others know this very well.

The politicians, just as greedy and selfish as they are, would want to try to contest. But the SE holds on to Obi.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Nobody: 10:25am On May 11, 2022
Mooh247:

David the i.q detector you couldn't use your own advise to keep off meddling into my comment could you?

You just needed the attention.... Now you have it

cheesy

Your attention? Wetin I wan use am do?

Lastly, don't say things you have no knowledge about.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Burruchaga71(m): 10:25am On May 11, 2022
It only an idiot will believe that northerners will retain power and expect peace in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Darius Ishaku: FG Plotting To Stop Me, Six Others From Seeking Re-election / President Muhammadu Buhari Hosts Young Political Appointees To A Dinner. PICS / Senate Passes Maritime University bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.