Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,899 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae (30661 Views)

2023: If We Want To Zone, Presidency Should Go To The South East – Sen. Adeyeye / El-Rufai: Why Presidency Should Return To South In 2023 / Owie Rowland: Presidency Should Remain In North For Another 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Tonypens48(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2022
Jajasabali:

E reach time for Igbo presidency see wetin you dey talk
Lol but una no be bully

I was simply reiterating what the subjects of the op post said. Maybe you can channel your comments to them.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by orisa37: 8:32am On May 11, 2022
"ORUSU GBEGBE NPOLOKUNRUN LEKUN". THAT TYPE CUP OF TEA IN THE HANDS OF THE SE NOW IS A SPOILER WITHOUT FIRST GRANTING FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by oonyeoma50: 8:32am On May 11, 2022
franchasofficia:
One beautiful thing about the real Yorubas (not the political criminals cum Tinubu urchins) is sincerity and always standing for fairness and that has been the reason Yoruba land flourished since independence.

Great Yoruba men like Fela, Wole Soyinka, Olu Falae, Gani Fayemi, etc will forever be remembered for their stand for honesty at all times.

That's why I keep advising Yoruba youths of our time to shun tribal hatred which Tinubu politics have taught them and making them hate God's own people of Igbo land for no justifiable reason.

God bless you Obasanjo for speaking the truth. God bless Olu Falae for always standing on the path of honesty, a great man of integrity, your legacy of truth will never be forgotten. God bless Prince Ebunola an APC chieftain who cautioned Tinubu to support Igbo candidate since last year. God bless all honest and justice loving Yorubas worldwide, may your stand for honesty continue to pave way for you and your entire generation.

As for the Yoruba tribal bigots and hatefilled political criminals following the destructive path of Thief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, may nature reward you all the same way you hate Igbos. May forces of nature twist the truth against you when it is your turn to be blessed in life. May nature and its forces give reasons why you should not receive what is due for you in life.
SO MOTE IT BE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Opolopoopolonio: 8:32am On May 11, 2022
Corporate2020:
Yes, Presidency should go to the South East in 2023. But, Igbos must fight for it. Presidency will never be zoned to any Igbo village.

Obasanjo, Buhari, Goatluck, Yar'Adua, all contested against candidates from other regions, including Igbos. So, Igbos too should come out as they have already done, present not more than two consensus candidates and mobilize for them to face candidates from other regions.

There is no single Igbo coward on Earth, none ever existed. Anybody bearing Igbo name and saying that the Presidency should be zoned to Igbo villages without contest by other regions, is definitely a bastard. Igbos will face anybody in any contest.

Several Igbos have contested for and won political offices in UK, USA, Canada, e.t.c., why then will a true Igbo man be afraid of contesting against other regions right here in their father's land?

Thank you my brother

Igbos just don't want to play politics. Didn't Abiola defeat Tofa, a core northerner, in 1993

Has anyone stopped Igbos from running

Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Osanoghodua1: 8:32am On May 11, 2022
They're right but sadly, no one listen to them anymore. They're now paper weight. OBJ is part of the evil of this nation.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:33am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

Olu falae was the Yoruba preferred candidate, You went with northerners, obj didnot win his ward, local government, state and southwest. Check the data on Inec pages and go back to the results of the elections.

See your sense of Judgement,;
Obasanjo went for the Presidency and his Vice was an Hausa FULANI man....Atiku

Olu Falae , a Yoruba man too , went for the Presidency and his Vice too was Omaru, an Hausa FULANI man too.....

So describe to us how Igbos who were not in the picture now went with the Northerners?

Which Northerners Atiku or Omaru

What Nigerians went for was from the fact is that we can't have Two Muslims as President and Vice President.......
And up till date, it is still how it is done ...

This is even more reasons why Tinubu has to choose a Christian as a running mate for his Presidential chase.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by MoIbrahim: 8:35am On May 11, 2022
I'm sorry but I think the real problem of the SE is that they have managed to shoot down most of their politicians who are popular at national level, across all ethnic and religious divides. And they have managed to promote only those who have restricted their lives to the SE.

Anyone who made attempts in the past to go into another region to gather support was branded Joe Yorubakwe or Okorohausa. The SE should have spent time making others feel safe and comfortable in their hands. Just check the types of venoms people spit on social media. Even here on Nairaland you can almost always tell a SE's origin from his choice of words against others. Why?

BTW, I am one of those who believe that if we can get a truly patriotic and nationalistic Igbo person to rule us, we may be home and dry in terms of self-reliance. But note, I say a patriotic and nationalistic one.

Tonypens48:
While the act of competence, charisma and a vision-oriented Presidential aspirant can be well presented in all tribes and geo-political zone, with respect to fairness and the conventional agreement held in the past on sequential zoning of elections, it clearly shows that it is the turn of the south-east to produce a president and to deny them indicates the arbitrary nature of the party they find themselves. smiley smiley

Every sane Nigerian without sentiment knows this, and this we can see in the news above.
Nigeria will be great again.

Kindly check my signature below for your Academic research services(Assignments, Projects, business proposals, advertisements, etc...)

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Lepon02: 8:38am On May 11, 2022
Only right.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Freebills12: 8:39am On May 11, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Corporate2020:
Yes, Presidency should go to the South East in 2023. But, Igbos must fight for it. Presidency will never be zoned to any Igbo village.

Obasanjo, Buhari, Goatluck, Yar'Adua, all contested against candidates from other regions, including Igbos. So, Igbos too should come out as they have already done, present not more than two consensus candidates and mobilize for them to face candidates from other regions.

There is no single Igbo coward on Earth, none ever existed. Anybody bearing Igbo name and saying that the Presidency should be zoned to Igbo villages without contest by other regions, is definitely a bastard. Igbos will face anybody in any contest.

Several Igbos have contested for and won political offices in UK, USA, Canada, e.t.c., why then will a true Igbo man be afraid of contesting against other regions right here in their father's land?

Quite simple, it will not be free and fair
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by olas24u(f): 8:40am On May 11, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

Olu Falae , a Yoruba man too , went for the Presidency and his Vice too was Omaru, an Hausa FULANI man too.....

So describe to us how Igbos who were not in the picture now went with the Northerners?

What Nigerians went for was from the fact is that we can't have Two Muslims as President and Vice President.......

This is even more reasons why Tinubu has to choose a Christian as a running mate for his Presidential chase.

The complete vote from igbo land was for obj and that was not AD party, alliance for democracy was a major party in the southwest and olu falae was the presidential candidate. You all voted obj a northern stooge, who was brought in the cool the minds of the south west people after the annulment of a free and fai elections. Both candidates were Muslims, MKO is a Muslim, the deputy was a Muslim kingibie, you are talking of the latest things after the country became polarized and divided.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Ogecharm: 8:42am On May 11, 2022
GOATandYAMtheory:
Foolish old men

The president of Nigeria can and should never come from that region, not now, not ever.

Those hateful and selfish creations don't deserve presidency of Nigeria.

Nigeria president should never be picked from an mkpurumiri guzzling gathering

U are not worthy to be Nigerian
I hope u receive the the same treatment Igbos have received. Maybe than u will have sense.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by olas24u(f): 8:42am On May 11, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

Atiku was a governor elect and later made a vice. He was elected as the governor of adamawa state.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by GOATandYAMtheory: 8:43am On May 11, 2022
haffaze777:

You're correct bro and I stand with you on thisgrin
Btw why did you runaway without giving me the cow you promised?
Your cows are I transit, my brother. Expect it when all borders are opened..

Haffaze my man! I don miss you die grin grin

God bless you

Shame on onion bandits,
Shame on vagina slicers
Shame on mkpurumiri guzzlers.

Shame
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by sukar886: 8:44am On May 11, 2022
Peter obi is the annoited candidate .... Nigerian next president
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by murphyjoe(m): 8:46am On May 11, 2022
I bet to agree that it is the turm of the South Easterner. I can vividly recall that during OBJ primary election in Pdp in 1999 he was rivaled by the likes of Ekwueme & Rochas. If they have won the election then and likewise the other parties alot of Easterners contested in their primaries and lost. I think what is good for the goose should be good for the gander. What am i saying let every aspiranta contest in respect of their ethnic affiliation he rhat comes out top should vie for the president and not those that are just waiting for the presidency to be dashed to them without building bridges.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by olas24u(f): 8:47am On May 11, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

You know igbos don't like the truth? And you will see the truth and be writing different things, in historical data, before and after independence, check and don't accept what I say, you are always partnering with the north. Yorubas have been in opposition for so long and you and the hausa have always been together. You worked against, awolowo, you worked against Abiola and never voted olu falae and now the people that hate Tinubu the most are from the east, they insult him the most.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by haffaze777(m): 8:49am On May 11, 2022
GOATandYAMtheory:
Your cows are I transit, my brother. Expect it when all borders are opened..

Haffaze my man! I don miss you die grin grin

God bless you

Shame on onion bandits,
Shame on vagina slicers
Shame on mkpurumiri guzzlers.

Shame
Welcome back broda,all the progressive family have missed you.

And the yarinya you promised me also?

God bless your lineage and shame all that want to hate you

Iseeeeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by orisa37: 8:49am On May 11, 2022
Osinbajo NEEDS TO BE MORE RUTHLESS.
TINUBU NEEDS TO BE MORE CONSIDERATE.
IF THE TWO WILL NOT YIELD TO THE BETTER OF THEM, "SI VIS PACEM BELLUM GERA"AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by sulaak(m): 8:51am On May 11, 2022
Tonypens48:
While the act of competence, charisma and a vision-oriented Presidential aspirant can be well presented in all tribes and geo-political zone, with respect to fairness and the conventional agreement held in the past on sequential zoning of elections, it clearly shows that it is the turn of the south-east to produce a president and to deny them indicates the arbitrary nature of the party they find themselves. smiley smiley

Every sane Nigerian without sentiment knows this, and this we can see in the news above.

Kindly check my signature below for your Academic research services(Assignments, Projects, business proposals, advertisements, etc...)

Chief what benefit will a SE or Igbo president offers Nigeria that will be any different from what we got from OBJ, GEJ and Buhari. Nigeria has a limited constitution that limits the social and economic development of all Nigerians and a political system that will immediately undermine any ambition of an Igbo president as it did against OBJ with the introduction of Sharia, GEJ with Boko Haram and Yaradua with the Niger-Delta militants.

The Igbo's were on the right track when their focus was solely on restructuring and in the particular regional restructuring that will reduce the power at the centre and increase regional and local self-sufficiency.

If the intention is to follow the North, SW and SS greedy grab for power for the small elites, then good luck to the SE, because nothing good can come out of the Nigerian 1999 constitution as was designed to fail.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Abubaushe(m): 8:55am On May 11, 2022
oshozondii:
•Say ‘no peace, progress in a country rooted in injustice'

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/2023-presidency-should-go-to-s-east-obasanjo-falae/

This is completely political bunkum and its as insidious as invodious.
You denied Alex Ekuweme the presidency,now when it please your narrative of being rendered isolated by those who worshiped you before and apparently coming to your zone,you decoyed.
Be informed!
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by chijos12: 9:03am On May 11, 2022
Though Abasanjo and falae assertion is correct but I think south eastern being vice to Atiku is the best option for now .Though they can not be trusted as either Tinubu or Osibanjo is contesting .what will be my post?
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Rawtruth1: 9:03am On May 11, 2022
This is the naked bitter truth that will save Nigeria from divine curse and imminent disintegration. Natural law is already working against Nigeria nation because of extreme marginalization, injustice and evil against South East, hence since 1970 after much blood of innocent children from East were spilled, stomach of pregnant women ripped open because of what they knew nothing about, Nigeria has remained under curse which is multiplying daily.

For those who have spiritual eyes to understand what I am saying, the worst against Nigeria is about to come if South East is denied their rights in 2023.

IF they have ears to hear, let them hear
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by temiflex01(m): 9:04am On May 11, 2022
They're not ripe for that yet, too tribalistic! undecided

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ASAPFERG: 9:05am On May 11, 2022
No igbo man will rule this country

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by orisa37: 9:05am On May 11, 2022
Nigeria president should never be picked from the SE until the present 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES are fully AUTONOMOUS.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ndo2: 9:07am On May 11, 2022
Tranquillity360:
I pray and wish that presidency not to come East,so that those selfish politicians in East will give the youths and the people a bit chance to pursue our main goal which is not to continue sharing the same country with those that hate us.
Those that don't care about developing the country, Those that rejoices when innocent people are killed in East by Nigeria army but start acting caring when one security is killed in East.

Those that wishes us evil and deaths, but Chukwu Okikeabiama continue keeping us stronger than our enemies.
You are on point.that is the wish of many igbo youths like me who wish to break away from nigeria.and when i hear tinubu urchins saying no igbo wil be president,i even encourage them to work foi it.2023,the for ndigbo by the rest of nigeria will bring biafra quicker,not even nnamdi kanu.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by jaxxy(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2022
Tonypens48:

Southeast turn bt no good candidate. Peter obi is faur bt lots,of questions around him interms of trust from other zones.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by RightToReject(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2022
Toks2008:

That is the issue.

Even the SE is not unified.

Shebbi they ought to come together and produce a sellable candidate like Obi but their short sightedness will always ruin things.

Wisdom isn't for anyone void of knowledge. Unfortunately, it's very easy for someone like you who is void of knowledge to equate foolishness to wisdom.

Quit always exhibiting sententious, conceited, disingenuous, and hypocritical attitudes.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ostartruth: 9:21am On May 11, 2022
Corporate2020:

It s very easy for you to sit at home and rain insult on Igbos.
Igbos are not responsible for your problems.
How else are they demanding for their rights other what they are doing.
Very unfortunate that we still have an animal like you that still adore Buhari despite his obvious collateral damage to Nigeria. His body odour and clueless leadership have left a huge scar on Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by hotseat: 9:24am On May 11, 2022
Chief Olu Falae was more broadminded in his analysis by pointing out that the NE, the NC and and the SE were yet to govern in recent times.

Of the three geopolitical zones, the SE has been the most vociferous, antagonist, confrontational and subversive in their approach towards attaining the much coveted seat.

It is like holding the rest of the country at a gunpoint!

In all honesty, a SE presidency is not feasible at the moment but definitely in the new future.

Even the PDP which they've so much invested in are not willing to embark on such a risk of making a SEasterner their flag bearer.

In the APC, their footing is neither here nor there to influence the outcome of primaries in their favour.

This is the BLATANT truth!

The SE needs to restrategise ahead of future elections.

For now, the coast seems unclear for them.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by ostartruth: 9:25am On May 11, 2022
ostartruth:

It s very easy for you to sit at home and rain insult on Igbos.
Igbos are not responsible for your problems.
How else are they demanding for their rights other what they are doing.
Very unfortunate that we still have people like you that still adore Buhari despite his obvious collateral damage to Nigeria. His body odour and clueless leadership have left a huge scar on Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency Should Go To The South-East — Obasanjo, Falae by Forgodsgrace: 9:28am On May 11, 2022
Tonypens48:

PDP and ApGa will give them the presidential slot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ojo Maduekwe's Burial: Patience Jonathan, Akpabio, Ikpeazu Attend (Pics) / One Killed At APC Convention In Agege, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Buhari Gives Oshiomhole Lifeline, Meets APC Governors Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.