Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:15 AM

Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? (809 Views)

Did God Tell His Servant To Eat Shit and bread, Like Yahoo Boys Do?... / Tell Us About The Overly Religious Person You Dated Or Are Still Dating. / Tell Us Your Regrets Of 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by panton(m): 10:38am On May 11, 2022
In the entire scriptures, there were only two instances where GOD expressly gave a clear direction concerning choosing a spouse and in those two instances, it was a very difficult choice and that was when God commanded the prophet Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom… Hosea 1:2.
And the second instance was when GOD sked Joseph to marry Mary who was already pregnant. GOD respects our freedom of choice and for the Christians, we are encouraged to be yoked with fellow Believers and as far as GOD is concerned, A man has the sole responsibility to find a wife and once he finds one and marries her, he obtains favour from GOD. Proverbs 18:22. The summary of this piece is that we should stop deceiving ourselves by saying ‘Prophet said, My pastor said, Alfa said…’ because in the real sense, it is our mind telling us what we want to hear. You can rely on your intuition or peculiar signs that gives you confirmation but we should stop hiding behind those words ‘GOD SAID’ As a man,it is your paramount duty to search so pray to GOD for guidance and as a lady, pray to GOD that the type of man you desire finds you.
Drop your own contribution on the comment box below

copied from infologik.ng.......see original post here https://infologik.ng/does-god-tell-us-who-to-marry/
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Bahamas95(m): 10:46am On May 11, 2022
God gave us brains for a purpose, when I see the right person I don't need a prophet or babalawo to confirm it.

3 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Bluezy13(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2022
No.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 11, 2022
Yes
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Medianna(f): 10:57am On May 11, 2022
In few cases yes,
And in most cases NO.
Any man that is sensible as far as he not marry yet. I marry and do Thanksgiving every day

1 Like

Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by InnoBest188(m): 10:59am On May 11, 2022
Omor men
Some mumu still believe that shit

I been get 1 confirm deeper life woman for my area dat year
She's close to her 40s and she's not yet married (as at 2017 )
Men dey come na she dey say no
She say she dey wait make God show her the right person and up till now she's still single

I even dey bleep her younger sister first born wey don clock 18 this year wink
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Thattallgirl(f): 11:07am On May 11, 2022
He gives you the Spirit of discernment. He'll open your eyes to see who the person truly is...if you're interested, fine...and if not, then you'll move on to the next. Only heard of few people who God spoke to directly and told them who their spouse is.

In other news, if you're a slim lady of any height and you find it hard to get your size, click on my signature. kiss
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by efficiencie(m): 11:21am On May 11, 2022
panton:
In the entire scriptures, there were only two instances where GOD expressly gave a clear direction concerning choosing a spouse and in those two instances, it was a very difficult choice and that was when God commanded the prophet Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom… Hosea 1:2.
And the second instance was when GOD sked Joseph to marry Mary who was already pregnant. GOD respects our freedom of choice and for the Christians, we are encouraged to be yoked with fellow Believers and as far as GOD is concerned, A man has the sole responsibility to find a wife and once he finds one and marries her, he obtains favour from GOD. Proverbs 18:22. The summary of this piece is that we should stop deceiving ourselves by saying ‘Prophet said, My pastor said, Alfa said…’ because in the real sense, it is our mind telling us what we want to hear. You can rely on your intuition or peculiar signs that gives you confirmation but we should stop hiding behind those words ‘GOD SAID’ As a man,it is your paramount duty to search so pray to GOD for guidance and as a lady, pray to GOD that the type of man you desire finds you.
Drop your own contribution on the comment box below

copied from infologik.ng.......see original post here https://infologik.ng/does-god-tell-us-who-to-marry/

I have just one verse for issues like this:

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. IN ALL THY WAYS acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

If you are a Christian and you believe in the LORD, trust the LORD in all things including marriage. If you must choose one woman that fits you out of the billions of women on the planet then you need to involve the assistance of God.

But know that choosing right is not the only rule to a successful marriage. You must be ready to live in accordance with the laws of the LORD to sustain your marriage and the laws are simple. Husbands love your wife as Christ loved the church and wives submit unto your husbands as unto the LORD.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Medianna(f): 11:47am On May 11, 2022
InnoBest188:
Omor men
Some mumu still believe that shit

I been get 1 confirm deeper life woman for my area dat year
She's close to her 40s and she's not yet married (as at 2017 )
Men dey come na she dey say no
She say she dey wait make God show her the right person and up till now she's still single

I even dey bleep her younger sister first born wey don clock 18 this year wink
Guy let's not make it look stupid for her waiting on God.
If God wants us to wait on him. Believe me, waiting, we must
If she decides to wait on God all her life for a spouse its still excellent. If its really God then He will prove Himself and she cannot waste
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Fasindo: 11:48am On May 11, 2022
shocked

God is not Jobless

If God didn't tell you the food to eat today, the clothe to wear today or the job u ar currently doing he will surely not tell you who you will marry.

He gave us brain for a reason, and we have freewill to choose what to do be it right or wrong

Don't let any pastor deceive you, u ar the one to choose who to marry and not the duty of God to choose spouse for you.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Truvelisback(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2022
Medianna, Yes and No. God has given us a freewill of Choice. I.e U can choose who u want to be ur wife or husband. However, there are those who seek God tru Prayers and wants God's leading or direction on who to be their marriage partner. God could speak to them, give them a sign or speak or show them in dreams or visions. This would involve a serious fastings and prayers.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Medianna(f): 1:50pm On May 11, 2022
Truvelisback:
Medianna, Yes and No. God has given us a freewill of Choice. I.e U can choose who u want to be ur wife or husband. However, there those who seek God tru Prayers and wants God's lead or direct them on who to be their marriage partner. God could speak to them, givem a sign or speak to or show them in dreams or visions. This could would involve a serious fastings and prayers.

When wisdom speaks. Its undisputable
I dey your back this time around.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Steep(m): 1:52pm On May 11, 2022
Yes Gof does.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Nazgul: 2:27pm On May 11, 2022
It's rare. Most great men in the Bible choose their wives by themselves. From Moses, David, Job, even the disciples of Jesus...he didn't interface with the choice of spouse.

The Bible made it clear that he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing. Not God that findeth a wife but he...

Meaning it's the man who must do the finding, most sisters are unmarried today because they're waiting for God's voice. I know a particular sister in my former church who rejected countless working class guys on the grounds that she hasn't heard from God.

The funny thing here is that when these girls are fornicating they won't confirm from God o, but when it's time for marriage, they'll suddenly want to hear a voice they've never heard in their entire life. Funny if you ask me.

What I feel is if you see someone, and you two vibe well, by all means shoot your short, if it's works out fine, if it doesn't keep trying till you find the right person.

4 Likes

Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Truvelisback(m): 2:32pm On May 11, 2022
Nazgul:
It's rare. Most great men in the Bible choose their wives by themselves. From Moses, David, Job, even the disciples of Jesus...he didn't interface with the choice of spouse.

The Bible made it clear that he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing. Not God that findeth a wife but he...

Meaning it's the man who must do the finding, most sisters are unmarried today because they're waiting for God's voice. I know a particular sister in my former church who rejected countless working class guys on the grounds that she hasn't heard from God.

The funny thing here is that when these girls are fornicating they won't confirm from God o, but when it's time for marriage, they'll suddenly want to hear a voice they've never heard in their entire life. Funny if you ask me.

What I feel is if you see someone, and you two vibe well, by all means shoot your short, if it's works out fine, if it doesn't keep trying till you find the right person.
God can guide u if u want.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by kingscare1(m): 3:58pm On May 11, 2022
God is good always.
Just get a girl with prospect and marry, pray for a happy home. Oluwa is involved.
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by Nyascobar1414: 4:12pm On May 11, 2022
Get a girl and marry her and God blesses the Union..
Re: Does God Tell Us Who To Marry? by panton(m): 3:13pm On May 17, 2022
YES OH.....PRAY AND SEARCH FOR A WIFE

(1) (Reply)

Bored Berry Could You Reach Me / My Third Baby Mama Refused To Used My First Son Baby Stuffs! / My First Time Attending A Job Interview.... They Shouldn't Bother Employing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.