Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Goodluck Declares Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Declares Assets (994 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Declares Assets by Wilfem(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2007
In response to public opinion, Vice president Goodluck Jonathan has declared his assets. Claiming to worth N295 million. I hope he didn't do this in order shun his critics? Or what do you think?
Source: Radio Nigeria @4 O'clock
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Mamajama(m): 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2007
RADIO Nigeria is not credible, and N295 million. HA HA HA , is that what is registered to his name or his wife? No foreign accounts? I hope its true
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by afrika(f): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2007
Its ironical, he is claiming something that he knows he is not, Yar'adua is now richer than him,

Probabily to please yar'adua, but i see him as someone that is going to be corrupt

N295million, since his governorship in bayelsa, HE IS A THIEF, AND THE STATE IS BROKE
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
here is the LINk

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=18064

The asset declaration form which was made available to state house correspondents in Abuja stated that the assets were exclusive of his immediate family, that is, the assets did not include those of his wife and children

Nigerians KAI we always find way for mago mago
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by doyin13(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2007
295 million. Is that the going rate for ex lecturers now?

Might go for that Phd soon
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2007
This idiot Jonathan just nailed his own coffin by becoming vice President. Does he think it is that local democracy that he and Alams were running in Bayelsa that he will come to impose on Nigeria?

First of all, it is obvious he is lying. When his wife toys with more than N100 million at a time?

Secondly, even as he is lying, he didn't lie well. Let's say over the past 8 years, he has earned an average of N2 million as salary annually, that is a total of N16 million. I really hope he has a credible business he was running before he became deputy governor and finally, governor.

This na the kain guy wey them dey give long rope so that e go use am tie himself well. Miseducated slowpoke.

I hope this news is true sha. Please where is Donald Duke O! Let him come and replace that blood caricature of a statue.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by rossy4life(f): 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2007
N295M is ridiculous amount of money, Obviously he won't declare all his assets. He's doing it cos he's been forced to do so, or maybe adviced by his lawyer just to draw a bit of attention away from him. Politicians are always prepared for d time when they have to account for all the money they've acquired while in power, which is why d money is kept in different accounts in different countries even in different names.  I don't believe he has declared all he's truly worth.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2007
Let's even assume that he declared all his assets, N290 million is too much for him considering he earned about N16 million in the past 8 years.

So because he's hearing ex-businessmen calling millions and billions, him self just dey call hundreds of millions anyhow. Make devil solder him mouth there!

He doesn't know he's in a New Nigeria. He will tell us the work he did to get that kind of money.
Criminal!
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by uchetobi(f): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2007
He should be properly investigated and made to declare the true value of his assets both within the shores of Nigeria and outside
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Wilfem(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2007
I thought as much that he's corrupt, but now, he's enjoying immunity.
Thanks majamaja for the link & further info.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by doyin13(m): 5:14pm On Aug 08, 2007
@denex

New Nigeria. grin grin grin

I think you have a penchant for sarcasm
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by McKren(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2007
From contemplating public declaration to half asset declaration, but unfortunately the later is more criminal.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2007
This man finished NYSC in 1982 and basically became a Lecturer from then till 1993.

Went back to school from 1993 to 1995.

Then he continued working for the Government till 1998 when he saw the opportunity for Governance.

Since 1999 was a Deputy Governor till 2005 when he became a full fledged Governor.

So how does a Civil Servant make N295,000,000 in 25 years?

My own father was a Senior Staff in the Central Bank of Nigeria for more than 20 years and he didn't have N2 million.

Abi was Jonathan being paid millions in the 1980s?
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by ChiefS(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2007
abeg help me ask am.This is quite ridiculous.When he look at it both ways there is no way he can defend himself.

This half Asset declaration is totally unacceptable.How much is his wife worth?and his children since they were excluded.We need a breakdown.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2007
You guys are very funny with all this wasting of words.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Mamajama(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2007
denex sorry to burst your bubble your old man does not know the rules of the game.

Let me plays devil advocate here, he only declares his asset, what if he is telling the truth. and other assets belong to his wife and his children. DO we have a law in Nigerian stating once you are married all assets belongs to both parties?
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2007
@mamajama

My father not only knew all the rules of the game, he also prevented everybody in and around his department from playing it.

When my popsie died come see junior workers celebrating the opening of new opportunities. The man just held them down for years without "chopping", without allowing them to chop.

They hated him O! They hated him very much.

You can imagine how I feel after other people have sacrificed to keep Nigeria sane, only for Badluck to enter and start squandering hundreds of millions.

Even if this N295 million is his true worth, it is outrageously much for a man that has earned less than N16 million in the past 8 years, being his highest salary level ever.

If he has more than N295 million and he did not declare it, it is absolutely irrelevant. N295 million in 25 years is enough to implicate him and send him to jail for a long time.

Since his total salary since 1999 to 2007 is N16 million, then he had N279 million before coming into Government.
That must mean that within the 16 years between 1982 and 1998, he earned N17 million annually. Big Boy!

I'm sure they paid him N17 million for his service year too.

Bloody thief.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Mamajama(m): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2007
GIfts and presents and kickback is not salary. does anyone recalled what UMARU DIKKO and his people told AWOLOWO back then?

QUote. " If it is your fathers money that we stole? then come and investigate us"

Nigerians does not like an honest man, and we will do everything to get him out for a free for all person like IBB
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2007
This time around, we will not let Jonathan get away with his crimes because it is our fathers' money.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Mamajama(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2007
denex I hope you already wrote your WILL. They have BIG BIG GUNS, and MOPOLS
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by Xris74: 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
Does anyone remember exiled Prof Opia of the OMPADEC who stole Nigeria's money and when caught, maintained that the money belonged to him (Niger Delta) in the first place?
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2007
It was this same OMPADEC that Goodluck worked in for about 3 to 5 years before becoming deputy governor. Interesting.
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by DisGuy: 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2007
I still wonder how Jonathan can become VP considering he worked under/with Alams for several years lipsrsealed. Na wa im sure his time will surely come!
Re: Goodluck Declares Assets by denex: 12:17am On Aug 09, 2007
Jonathan will not last 2 years. Maybe even less.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Crisis Triggers Owerri Property Boom / Letter From Asari Dokubo / 'the Judge's Sacred Burden' (judging Obasanjo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.