Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,117 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) (26854 Views)

Constitution review: NASS okays Independent Candidacy, 50% waiver for women / Has The Yoruba Nation Abandoned Professor Osinbajo(opinion) / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by davodyguy: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Many people are so ignorant.

A VP has no power to do anything. A VP is only as important as the president makes him
Atiku fought OBJ for most part of the second term between 2003 to 2007, by which Atiku became almost irrelevant.
GEJ as VP to Yar Adua was so irrelevant that Cabal were ruling when Yar Adua was sick
Nemadi Sambo appears to be the worst VP to Jonathan between 2010 to 2015 cos we hardly ever see him
PYO became relevant cos of his brilliance and the fact that he acted as President and people felt what good governance can look like in few period.

Even in America, VPs are useless, as all powers are with the President, Senators and Judiciary.
Biden achived nothing as VP to Obama, just like Al Gore as VP to Clinton.

No one should blame Osinbajo for Buhari's failures.

Do you know how many times they have to force Buhari to address the nation? When last did he do media Chat? Has he ever participated in any debate? But it is Osinbajo that you saw selling homegrown feeding, Trader Money, always receiving the likes of Facebook founder, attending debates to defend the government.

The only good thing about this administration is PYO.

But knowing a Nepotistic Buhari, he would never want a Christian to succeed him, reason he never supported Amaechi, Onu, Umahi or Osinbajo

5 Likes

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Toks2008(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
erico2k2:

Does the constitution of Nigeria allow independent candidacy?

Yes. Recently passed..

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-senate-passes-bill-on-independent-candidacy/
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Mike008(m): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
Which one is independent candidacy again?

Enlighten us on the relevant section please.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Validated: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2022
dalass:

The North is the worst!

I mean it. I saw a video in which a man stood in front of the ballot box, take the ballot paper, thumbprint it, fold it and give to the gullible people on the line , one by one to submit only .,.

Some people can't even vote properly, they don't know nothing except whatever they are told to do

Lafff wan kill me here. Even some APC delegates were helped to write who they were voting for. How they knew what was written for them is misery. grin

1 Like

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by leketon: 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Thermodynamics:
Osibanjor should team up with Peter Obi, the combination will be very effective and beneficial to all Nigerians, I don't care who is President and who is vice, God can use both of them to change Nigeria. He should leave APC for the vultures, he doesn't belong there.
Both Christians and both from the southern part?

Nigeria is yet to advance up to that stage.

1 Like

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by blacknoir: 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
DMerciful:
Nigeria politics is money and structural politics coupled with the fact that Nigerians are not enlightened. Independent candidates won't work!
Spot on,I also don't think he will want to stress himself again.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by casualobserver: 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
since you get better brains than us. a one-man party no be independent candidate?

wow, I didnt realize it was this bad!!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by DWJOBScom(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2022
IgOga:
You assume these two are saints grin Even if you forgot about Obi as governor 7 years of Buhari and Osibanjo taught you nothing of the character of the man. He is a politician and he's as corrupt as they come. Ask him about NEMA, trademoni, RUGA...

My brother ask them o
Ask o
Emotion will not kill Nigerians at all
Osibanjo up and da
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Thermodynamics(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
leketon:

Both Christians and both from the southern part?

Nigeria is yet to advance up to that stage.
We need to try.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by espn(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Throwback:
Independent candidate without any political structure?
Why una dey reply...They don't even understand the word STRUCTURE. They think politics is beans and bread.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by DWJOBScom(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Many people are so ignorant.

A VP has no power to do anything. A VP is only as important as the president makes him

You are the ignorant one
You didn't read his write up enough to understand
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by lucky4west: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
it will work and may even present a resounding success...i think you should explore that option.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Bbdiyya: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
Osibanjo should seek Buhari's permission to contest on another platform

Make everybody test his popularity on the masses and not some few delegates that can be easily bought with money.
So, pyo should ask Buhari for permission in other to contest on another platform? can you confidently vote Pantami for president? I guess the answer is no, why do you expects the masses to vote for a well known extremist for president?
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by benitwater(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Batam:
You want to push him again to failure
Thank you my brother
Dem wan push Pastor VP again.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by ejimatic: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:
What if Proffesor Yemi Osinbajo comes out as independent candidate?

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians. Independent candidacy is a mirage in Nigerian politics and can never produce any president in the country

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by ejimatic: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.
Independent candidacy is a mirage in Nigerian politics and can never produce any president in the country
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ademidd: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bbdiyya:

So, pyo should ask Buhari for permission in other to contest on another platform? can you confidently vote Pantami for president? I guess the answer is no, why do you expects the masses to vote for a well known extremist for president?
says a Terrorist
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
IgOga:
Shey you dey whine me ni. This man was failure for 7 years yet some of you are hyping him. Atiku's score card as VP is outstanding compared to Osibanjo. The only thing this professor will be known for in history is wasting billions of naira on Tradermoni. He is not that bright in governance or resource management.

He is a lightweight politically. A sitting VP came 3rd and a very distant third at that. Nobody really respects him apart from the online herd. I was ashamed for him at Eagle square when he was called to speak and his rented crowd were constituting nuisance. Delegates just dey look am say wetin dey do this one.

I can mention 3 solid areas Osinbajo is presently handling well...I want you to mention just one thing Atiku did during Obasanjo's time.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not following current affairs. You dont even know who is holding your economy. So, you think Buahri isnthe one running it.

This is why we say many of you are used by politicians. Is this what they are telling you that you even brought here?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

If course, Osinbajo deserved what he got yesterday. The day he betrayed Endsars kids is th day I stopped supporting him. And he ended his own political career yesterday by trying to outshine is master.

So, tell me exactly Atiku's achievements as VP.

The Nigerian constitution doesn't allow the VP to be relevant. And Osinbajo is the most active VP since 1999. Which Atiku? What exactly has he done? Start listing them.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by dalass(f): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Validated:

Lafff wan kill me here. Even some APC delegates were helped to write who they were voting for. How they knew what was written for them is misery. grin
Imagine ..grin grin grin
That's why education sector is a mess... They don't want enlightened electorates
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Btm1: 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
Uncle Yemi, don't allow anybody to push you oooo. Naso Fayemi and co dey give you liver and shamed themselves by bowing in the last minute. Just move.. God bless you sir. I love you
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by SunMusk(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
We have an independent /party president already.... Peter Obi
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
stop taking style acting like you know. i only gave you an example. there are other parties he can join. hahahaha

casualobserver:

wow, I didnt realize it was this bad!!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ezechimaobim(m): 3:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
Osinbanjo shot himself for leg when he said that he will continue and complete what his master has started,and we know how his master started and where he is,and imagined where Osinbanjo will lead us to with the situation on ground, so trash Osinbanjo.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by sulaak(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

Osinbajo did nothing and said nothing at crucial times because he wanted to protect his presidential ambition. Well, the ambition is now dead and his political career is now terminal. When he goes to bed tonight, I hope he asks himself whether it was worth it.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by BabydiHot(f): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bbdiyya:

for now he's still under buhari and going against him might bring him unnecessary problems that's why he needs his permission.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Omesbrit(m): 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
Is an option he should have gone for earlier, I think buhari deceived him with his sitting on the fence altitude, is already late because most of his supporters has left him expecially the youth. Obi has my support.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by casualobserver: 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
stop taking style acting like you know. i only gave you an example. there are other parties he can join. hahahaha

If only Tinubu had come while you were young so you would have been a benefiacry of his education plans. An educated man who deosnt know the difference between a 1 man party and an independent candidate!!!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by delpee(f): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Leave Prof alone. He'll be more useful and better fulfilled in his legal practice or in the International Law circle, after May 2023, if he so wishes.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by 2loadedguy: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
You people Sha want to kill this man finish before his time. How can you be advising a man that came a distant 3rd within his own party to contest as independent candidate for the election.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labour Party In A Last-minute Search For VP Candidate / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria / Ondo: Violence At Owo LGA As INEC Ballot Box Shattered, Ballot Papers Hijacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.