Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) (26843 Views)

Constitution review: NASS okays Independent Candidacy, 50% waiver for women / Has The Yoruba Nation Abandoned Professor Osinbajo(opinion) / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Babastrong(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
He will still fail. The nice boy is supposed to be selling pop corn or ice cream. Ask shettima, he'll tell you the fact.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by rickleye: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Won't work?

But I just stated the possibility of money bags helping and you dont need any political structure to make the electorates vote for you.

We are not talking about primates.

The money here will be for mobilization. Of agents and not bribing electorates so what do they need billions for?

It won't work, I echo what my esteemed colleague mentioned.
People are hungry, have no jobs - they will vote for anyone who pays them.
You need money to mobilize people - And what's stopping tinubu and others who can spend without a limit from buying the people's votes.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
this idiot that learns from google. i went to good public secondary school. that word is not in oxford dictionary. the right word you want is re-study.

casualobserver:

that's why you need Tinubu's education plan. Swallow your pride, borrow yourself some sense and vote for the Jagaban...your fada!!!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=relearn

relearn
/riːˈləːn/
Learn to pronounce
verb
verb: relearn; 3rd person present: relearns; past tense: relearned; past participle: relearned; past tense: relearnt; past participle: relearnt; gerund or present participle: relearning; verb: re-learn; 3rd person present: re-learns; past tense: re-learned; past participle: re-learned; past tense: re-learnt; past participle: re-learnt; gerund or present participle: re-learning

learn (something) again.
"I've been relearning my Latin and Greek"
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
nigerians like title and all its benefits. goodluck seeing him resign grin grin grin

Moh99:

But a VP has power to RESIGN under CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Bbdiyya: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
for now he's still under buhari and going against him might bring him unnecessary problems that's why he needs his permission.
Well understood the first question, but you didn't respond to the second part.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Bbdiyya: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
Ademidd:
says a Terrorist
Your comment is a Clear sign of concession that the number 002 citizen is an extremist
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Moh99: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
nigerians like title and all its benefits. goodluck seeing him resign grin grin grin

Don't you think it's late for him, for the past 7yrs. Osinbajo and Buhari are the same, if not worse than Buhari self.
In conclusion,
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ylink4sure: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
In my opinion too,this is the best course of action for him.

Besides,the electoral law has effectively barred him from any further participation having contested a primary

Oshodipikin:
Except he is not grateful for what God has done for him. He should retire early and enjoy the rest of his days in honor....
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
skentelelady:

Which youruba chance will he spoil? Tinubu is a no no as yoruba representing south. This man isnt well for God's sake and everybody knows it. If he wins and anything happens to him, God forbids, do you know his VP , a northerner will take over and another years of north to rule us again

Let's think deep please
You are thinking shallow.
Who told you Tinubu's not well?
Which hospital or medical result confirmed it?
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
and also those that contribute to it. if he really cares for nigeria, he will continue regardless and he should do it outside apc

Moh99:

Don't you think it's late for him, for the past 7yrs. Osinbajo and Buhari are the same, if not worse than Buhari self.
In conclusion,
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by OderaOdesigo: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
is a one-man party not an independent candidate?

Apart from being arrogant, you people are very evil. You manufacture lies, sell it as truth just so you can still keep pushing this man (VP Osinbajo) deeper I to debt and enmity with his political associates across Nigeria.

Posterity will judge you all harshly and the evil you package for him through the eyes of your entitled “you have a divine right to appoint the president” eyes.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
hahaha. is it not desire that drove him to covet the president position? he always has a choice to say 'NO' !
the man is not a child undecided

by the way, you must be a woman ? grin

OderaOdesigo:

Apart from being arrogant, you people are very evil. You manufacture lies, sell it as truth just so you can still keep pushing this man (VP Osinbajo) deeper I to debt and enmity with his political associates across Nigeria.

Posterity will judge you all harshly and the evil you package for him through the eyes of your entitled “you have a divine right to appoint the president” eyes.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Larrysung(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Sweetplum:
You are thinking shallow. Who told you Tinubu's not well? Which hospital or medical result confirmed it?
smh
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Eaglesence: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:
What if Proffesor Yemi Osinbajo comes out as independent candidate?

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.

But is he thinking of going that way? Cos im dead worried. May God's choice for Nigeria supersede all others at the end of the day in Jesus name amen.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by HeroicMeastro: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.
Bullshit!!
What has the man achieved as a VP?
Was he not at least as a Professor, prevail on hos principal to find a lasting solution to ASUU strike?
This man is clueless and has nothing to offer.
No wonder he failed woefully at the primaries.
Coming a distant third...
Behind a Minister..
It's a shame!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Advancedman(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

You are wrong! What our constitution say is only a party can produce anyone for elected office.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Blakpot: 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Heye now, hey now
Don't dream it's over...
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
Sweetplum:

You are thinking shallow.
Who told you Tinubu's not well?
Which hospital or medical result confirmed it?
it is obvious you are blind. I wont reply you again
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Kdon2: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

APC will rig him out massively! Your vote no count o, no deceive your self grin
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ademidd: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Bbdiyya:

Your comment is a Clear sign of concession that the number 002 citizen is an extremist
Have you met him personally? Keep living in your grandeur delusions.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Larrysung:

smh
grin
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Larrysung(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
grin
I feel like it's only lagos "agberos" that would only support BAT.
And "Agberos" here doesn't only mean those guys we see at the bustop... I relate it with those that love what they see at the bustop.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Thermodynamics(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2022
abysirius:
Na so unna take push the man enter fire. How do you command respect from people if you keep jumping around. You are asking him to leave a party that gave him 2 term VP because he lost an election. Where's your honour?
I'm asking him to leave a place where vultures are and go to a place where there is virtue, is there anything like honour in APC/PDP ?

A sheep cannot become anything in the mist or lions, Osinbajor was the best candidate for APC and still he came out third, not even second. Osibanjor does not belong in a place like APC. Is there anything like honour in APC?

This is not even about party, it's about service to humanity, his combination with Peter Obi is the best hope for Nigeria as it is.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Miracle2020: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2022
sonature1:
It's a complete waste of time and effort. It doesn't work in major elections anywhere in the world.

You need popular and influential people to believe in you and convince their people to vote for you. This is the reason why an incompetent Buhari could win elections in the South West.
how many votes did buhari get from the south west?
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ademidd: 10:59am On Jun 10, 2022
Bbdiyya:

You are free to live in your grandeur delusions.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Ademidd: 11:01am On Jun 10, 2022
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Sambab(m): 3:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Independent candidate need more money than party candidate.

Toks2008:

Won't work?

But I just stated the possibility of money bags helping and you dont need any political structure to make the electorates vote for you.

We are not talking about primates.

The money here will be for mobilization. Of agents and not bribing electorates so what do they need billions for?
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by OderaOdesigo: 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
frog12:
hahaha. is it not desire that drove him to covet the president position? he always has a choice to say 'NO' !
the man is not a child undecided

by the way, you must be a woman ? grin

Woman like how? Because I be Odera? Man no dey bear Odera?

Woman kee you dia. You too like woman grin cheesy grin
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Toks2008:

PLEASE BRO..
WHERE EXACTLY IS THE PROVISION FOR INDEPENDENT CANDIDACY IN OUR CONSTITUTION.??
JUST QUOTE THE SECTION PLEASE

Cc. Fergie001
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by fergie001: 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

PLEASE BRO..
WHERE EXACTLY IS THE PROVISION FOR INDEPENDENT CANDIDACY IN OUR CONSTITUTION.??

There is no independent candidacy in Nigeria's Constitution. You must come through a registered Political Party.

1 Like

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
fergie001:

There is no independent candidacy in Nigeria's Constitution. You must come through a registered Political Party.

Thanks bro for the quick response.
Cc.. Toks2008..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oil Theft: Navy Counters Asari Dokubo, Asks Him To Mention Names / Tinubu Campaign Group Ask INEC To Disqualify Peter Obi Over Diaspora Funding / Moment President Tinubu Became ECOWAS Chairman (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.