Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) (26842 Views)

Constitution review: NASS okays Independent Candidacy, 50% waiver for women / Has The Yoruba Nation Abandoned Professor Osinbajo(opinion) / Atiku + Agbakoba: A Viable Option To Get Nigeria Working Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by cheaperstores: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2022
Only a select few will do what you claim to be doing. Country is ravaged by poverty, uncertainty and daily risk such that only deep pockets can secure you from most of these problems. 95% will fall and 5% can settle for your idea. It's sad!!!!

Toks2008:

So you believe nobody will do this for them! Habba.

Even me, the way I write to promote Osinbajo, you will think he is paying me.

So I strongly believe that SOME NIGERIANS will do that and even do it is ithout expecting a dime.

The Osinbajo group has fundings from private pockets so i see this as the least of all obstacles
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by PrinceofAnambra: 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
undecided What if you stop living in a fool's paradise, will you die? Osibanjo as an independent party candidate to win presidential elections in Nigeria just like that grin? Someone that has never won an elective political position before in his life but was just lucky to have had selective political appointments. Tell your Osibanjo to form a party that can win councilorship in his village first before you come back and polish the shoes of the elders. Nonsense undecided
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
inforesource:

You are right but this will take long time. Nigeria is too divided. Coming together is very difficult. But it is not impossible!

Yep, we need to start pumping money, time and energy into a youth party, if the youth are organized with passion and resources, we can convince the marketwomen, the traders , the agberos not to sell their votes for 2,000 Naira.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008

Won't work?

But I just stated the possibility of money bags helping and you dont need any political structure to make the electorates vote for you.

Those moneybags you mentioned will eventually turn into Godfathers which will defeat the purpose of going independent in the first place.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:
What if Proffesor Yemi Osinbajo comes out as independent candidate?

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.

Not good!. He will split the votes for Tinubu.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by drlateef: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

History has shown that indirect primaries in Nigeria have never produced candidates who truly have the interest of Nigerians at heart and we can no longer put the future of our children in the hands of these old inept recycled politicians.

I still believe in Proffesor Osinbajo and there is a provision for independent candidacy in our constitution.

I am convinced that this will be a viable path at this juncture, an option worth exploring.

You are wasting your time. This man has never won an election in his life. Who will vote for him? He always lost in his polling booth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by truthfinder319: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Both the constitution and electoral law have no provision for independent candidacy. Even in USA where it is allowed, no one has ever become president through it

Toks2008:

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by abysirius(m): 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
Na so unna take push the man enter fire. How do you command respect from people if you keep jumping around. You are asking him to leave a party that gave him 2 term VP because he lost an election. Where's your honour?
Thermodynamics:
Osibanjor should team up with Peter Obi, the combination will be very effective and beneficial to all Nigerians, I don't care who is President and who is vice, God can use both of them to change Nigeria. He should leave APC for the vultures, he doesn't belong there.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by mctech(m): 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2022
OP you believe in Prof just like some people do who see him as one of the hopes of Nigeria because the man is very different from other politicians.

However, the man will not win as an independent candidate.

Many believe he went ahead of his time by contesting now.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

He should leave Apc which will be utter for him. He cant be in Apc under Tinubu befire he will be frustrated out by ignoring him. If he still wants to be active in politics, he should join another party. Mimiko won under LP in Ondo state then. Even if he didnt win the 1st time, he can come back after another 4 years.

I think joining Peter Obi wont be bad but who will be president and VP will be another issue

Millions of youths want change but I need visionary leader. People are tired of Apc and Pdp merry go round

Those who are saying he will still fail are either scared he will divide votes of Tinubu or are afraid he will be an underdog a d most preferred
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Olumaeme: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
He will loose
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2022
now i am lost. what is it you are trying to say? tell us the difference!

casualobserver:

If only Tinubu had come while you were young so you would have been a benefiacry of his education plans. An educated man who deosnt know the difference between a 1 man party and an independent candidate!!!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Sweetplum:
Broda Tokunbo he should not try it.
It can spoil the chance of Yorubas.
Toks2008.

Which youruba chance will he spoil? Tinubu is a no no as yoruba representing south. This man isnt well for God's sake and everybody knows it. If he wins and anything happens to him, God forbids, do you know his VP , a northerner will take over and another years of north to rule us again

Let's think deep please
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Let Osibanjo come out as independent candidate and see thr votes he ll get.
Me and my household and all my community will vote for him.
Nigeria missed a jewel.

If there is provision, I ll write Osibanjo on the voting day even if he didn't come out

1 Like

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by casualobserver: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
now i am lost. what is it you are trying to say? tell us the difference!

vote for Tinubu, wait for his investment in Education and go back to school, you need to go back to school and relearn basic English.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
Osibanjo should seek Buhari's permission to contest on another platform

Make everybody test his popularity on the masses and not some few delegates that can be easily bought with money.

God bless you. I am sure Buhari is tired if politics. He needs rest to enjoys his remaining years. Osinbajo should leave Apc if he still wants to be active in politics

1 Like

Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Toks2008(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
truthfinder319:

Both the constitution and electoral law have no provision for independent candidacy. Even in USA where it is allowed, no one has ever become president through it

There is a provision for it
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

So you believe nobody will do this for them! Habba.

Even me, the way I write to promote Osinbajo, you will think he is paying me.

So I strongly believe that SOME NIGERIANS will do that and even do it is ithout expecting a dime.

The Osinbajo group has fundings from private pockets so i see this as the least of all obstacles

Seriously let him stand out and we wud vote for him. Let us make a statement by voting him against apc and pdp
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
SmartyPants:

Lol. Grassroots politics is not about writing and convincing people. It is who the people know, love, and trust. That's all.

If he has youths in his campaign team who can do the grassroot work, people will be convinced. Those old people have children. They have more years to spend than their parents. These parents can be convinced
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by skentelelady(f): 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Vertraulichkeit:
Independent candidacy is an option truly and can work, but it can only work for someone who has a strong financial muscle or ingrained influence on the majority of the electorate; better if the person has both. Unfortunately, Osinbajo has none of these, he is just popular to a meagre fraction among the masses.

The team can raise funds from all angles. People both in and outside the country will support since they know he has the vision. Obama didnt have the money. Every dollar contributed counted for his campaign
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by abobote: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Many people are so ignorant.

A VP has no power to do anything. A VP is only as important as the president makes him
VP is that powerless, but and your likes believe that Atiku is corrupt, just for being a VP
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by frog12: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2022
english doesn't have a word called "relearn". Tufiakwa !

casualobserver:

vote for Tinubu, wait for his investment in Education and go back to school, you need to go back to school and relearn basic English.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Krismas(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

grin As an independent candidate PYO will perform even more WOEFULLY grin
Democracy and party politicking is like 5 & 6
Only swing voters will look the way of PYO in that case and that will not be up to scratch for him
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by casualobserver: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
frog12:
english doesn't have a word called "relearn". Tufiakwa !

that's why you need Tinubu's education plan. Swallow your pride, borrow yourself some sense and vote for the Jagaban...your fada!!!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=relearn

relearn
/riːˈləːn/
Learn to pronounce
verb
verb: relearn; 3rd person present: relearns; past tense: relearned; past participle: relearned; past tense: relearnt; past participle: relearnt; gerund or present participle: relearning; verb: re-learn; 3rd person present: re-learns; past tense: re-learned; past participle: re-learned; past tense: re-learnt; past participle: re-learnt; gerund or present participle: re-learning

learn (something) again.
"I've been relearning my Latin and Greek"
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by rajiedreez: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
Keep pushing him
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by shinealight(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Osinbajo would then be on his own….no government largesse to rely on, no party structure to rely on, etc, etc. Only someone who is fabulously rich can try independent candidacy in Nigeria….plus his principal has little to show for seven years in office. Osinbajo will continually have to defend the manifest calamities of the Buhari administration. He has no chance!!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Sivou1(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Will they still allow him? Shakyshaky daddy supporters will look for a way of blocking that
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by CHAQUR: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2022
Then yahoo boys can put resources together to put one of theirs in power...!
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Moh99: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2022
Toks2008:

Many people are so ignorant.

A VP has no power to do anything. A VP is only as important as the president makes him
But a VP has power to RESIGN under CORRUPT GOVERNMENT.
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2022
BabydiHot:
Osibanjo should seek Buhari's permission to contest on another platform

Make everybody test his popularity on the masses and not some few delegates that can be easily bought with money.

It can not work like that
Re: Independent Candidacy: A Viable Option For Proffesor Osinbajo (Opinion) by Moh99: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
skentelelady:

Which youruba chance will he spoil? Tinubu is a no no as yoruba representing south. This man isnt well for God's sake and everybody knows it. If he wins and anything happens to him, God forbids, do you know his VP , a northerner will take over and another years of north to rule us again

Let's think deep please
And one thing about death, is that, it doesn't care whether you're healthy or not. Once your time is up, you're going o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Datti joins Patience Jonathan, Buhari others in ‘Crying Hall Of Fame’ / Oil Theft: Navy Counters Asari Dokubo, Asks Him To Mention Names / Breaking: Nda-isaiah And Okorocha Step Down For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.