Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459027 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
mustaphataofeek:

alphabox x5?.
I think alphabox x5 Pro HD is a bit different,i mean this is an HD model
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Goodmorning house,haven't posted for sometime now,please can someone confirm the price of Alphabox x5 pro HD?
x4 abi x5. What i know is x4 and the price depends on location. What is obtainable at lagos might not be the same at sokoto.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ogojohn:
x4 abi x5. What i know is x4 and the price depends on location. What is obtainable at lagos might not be the same at sokoto.
so how much is the x5?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by darkryne: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
ManirBK:
Your girl friend is waiting 4 u please go marry her abeg!

pls can i get sport 24 key...need it urgently..thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by xier: 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please can anyone advise on any other cable tv provider in Lagos asides DSTV. These DSTV guys are seriously milking Lagosians and this isn't sustainable but man has to watch football to relax over the weekend or some evenings. Someone please help!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kowale: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2016
Good day guys. Could you please give me frequency (ies) where i can track movie channels some news channels. I have a blue dish and 4922d+. My location is Lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello all,
It looks like MBC group want to replace their movie channels on Eutelsat 7 @ 7° west (NWA beam) with MBC sports pro. I'm not sure yet.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Dlee1:
Hello all,
It looks like MBC group want to replace their movie channels on Eutelsat 7 @ 7° west (NWA beam) with MBC sports pro. I'm not sure yet.
That has always been there yearly routine. It was like that last year. So this year might not be different.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kowale:
Good day guys. Could you please give me frequency (ies) where i can track movie channels some news channels. I have a blue dish and 4922d+. My location is Lagos.
DISH SIZE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kowale: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2016
abohwun:
DISH SIZE

90cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ogojohn:
That has always been there yearly routine. It was like that last year. So this year might not be different.
You are right bro. I witnessed it last year.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chinedu7:

Yes
@ Chinedu and other gurus abeg make una help ooo. My QSAT 26 is not showing any station again on eutelsat 36°e. With white dstv dish. Plz I need to watch football plzzzz ooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 9:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kowale:

90cm
11024H 3330 EUTELSAT 16A PRIMARY LNB, 12522V 27000 MULTITV SECONDARY LNB LEFT TOP OF PRIMARY, 12015V 30000 SES 5 RIGHT DOWN OF PRIMARY STANDING IN FRONT OF DISH, ALL ON ONE DISH. BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORDT A BIGGER DISH U WILL DO BETTER WITH UR 4922D+.

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ismy5000:

@ Chinedu and other gurus abeg make una help ooo. My QSAT 26 is not showing any station again on eutelsat 36°e. With white dstv dish. Plz I need to watch football plzzzz ooo
Most qsat accounts are not connecting to the server tonight. It's usual qsat server problem. It will be back soon, don't worry.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 9:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Autoroll function

- What is it? How does it Work? Why do I need it?

Background;
The satellites transmit the signals to us on with their transmitters known as Transponders(TP's). The satellite has 16 or more Transponder's. Each Transponder has its own frequency unique to that satellite. Each Transponder's frequency carries a data stream, this data stream has a number of channels. The faster the data stream the more channels it will carry, these channels can be allocated to what we know as TV/Radio channels. To keep the satellites data stream secure, the providers use a scrambling program that has variable encoding, the variable encoding controls the scrambling and de-scrambling, these are that we call "KEYS". These keys are indivually changeable by the provider and are kept in the receiver in sets of two or more.

How does it work?The "Keys" are PROVIDER specific, and are the same for all the currently used satellites that that provider controls. The same keys will be used for all of the satellites in ALL of the satellite orbital positions for that provider (Bev, ES). The Keys are a sequience of 16 individual 2 alpha numeric characters. There are always 2 or more SETS of keys, that the provider can change individually, and only one key that is the "active key". The "Active key" is the one that is currently used to de-scramble the data stream. The secondary or "Non-active keys" are held in reserve by the provider and the provider can switch his subscribers to one of the the secondary set of keys through the data stream. To the subscriber the key change would be seamless, provided the subscribers receiver was on and in operation.

The early FTA receivers were originally designed for manual key entry, as the providers key change was infrequent, and the FTA receivers required only a small amount of memory to accommodate this. However as a part of the providers security scheme they started more frequent key changes and manual FTA key changes became more frequent and problematic. To accommodate the more frequent key changes, and convenience, the FTA coders incorporated in their programs a automatic key change sub-program that we know as "Auto roll".

Auto Roll; is incorporated into the program (.bin/.pgm) that we down load into our receivers, its function is to detect a key change, and then (Auto) roll the keys until the receiver decodes the data stream, and we get our video/audio. The auto roll program was put into operation after the the early receiver were sold. With the increase of provider sophisticated en-coding schemes, limited memory and limited computing power of the early receivers, the receiver decoding programs are getting to large for the memory limitations of the older receivers. This is why on these receivers we are having to manually change the keys. The providers are currently increasing the frequency of the key changes, and the placement of the keys in the data stream, ECM's(Electronic Counter Measures).

Recommendations; Currently "autoroll" is a necessity, no longer a luxury. All of the current FTA receiver programs have the autoroll feature. When upgrading or purchasing a FTA receiver, the faster the processor, the more memory and most important - FAST programing support, the better it will be for you. I highly recommend a " SEASONED" receiver.
Seasoned = been on the market 2 years or longer with a good track record of supporting its products with program updates.
Support = How long does it take the receiver manufacture to get the program for the receiver adjusted and YOUR receiver up & running after a major ECM (Electronic Counter Measure). This will be YOUR down time, and the $20.00 that was saved on the bargain receiver may not have been such a great deal! The best during the last BIG ECM, Viewsat and Sonicview were the top 2.

Courtesy; supermodurator ftaprofessional website

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kayusat: 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hello to all gurus in d house. How much is a single conical scalar ring, not in bulks. Urgent response needed pls. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 7:27am On Feb 10, 2016
My gud ppus in the house , pls I wud like to add mbc 7west to my sport 24 on 1.8 meter dish , can sumbudy put me tru pls ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kowale: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2016
abohwun:
11024H 3330 EUTELSAT 16A PRIMARY LNB, 12522V 27000 MULTITV SECONDARY LNB LEFT TOP OF PRIMARY, 12015V 30000 SES 5 RIGHT DOWN OF PRIMARY STANDING IN FRONT OF DISH, ALL ON ONE DISH. BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORDT A BIGGER DISH U WILL DO BETTER WITH UR 4922D+.

Nice one. Thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by barak1: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2016
Pls house what might be the cause of sony six scratching at 77 % currently.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
life707:
Autoroll function

- What is it? How does it Work? Why do I need it?

Background;
The satellites transmit the signals to us on with their transmitters known as Transponders(TP's). The satellite has 16 or more Transponder's. Each Transponder has its own frequency unique to that satellite. Each Transponder's frequency carries a data stream, this data stream has a number of channels. The faster the data stream the more channels it will carry, these channels can be allocated to what we know as TV/Radio channels. To keep the satellites data stream secure, the providers use a scrambling program that has variable encoding, the variable encoding controls the scrambling and de-scrambling, these are that we call "KEYS". These keys are indivually changeable by the provider and are kept in the receiver in sets of two or more.

How does it work?The "Keys" are PROVIDER specific, and are the same for all the currently used satellites that that provider controls. The same keys will be used for all of the satellites in ALL of the satellite orbital positions for that provider (Bev, ES). The Keys are a sequience of 16 individual 2 alpha numeric characters. There are always 2 or more SETS of keys, that the provider can change individually, and only one key that is the "active key". The "Active key" is the one that is currently used to de-scramble the data stream. The secondary or "Non-active keys" are held in reserve by the provider and the provider can switch his subscribers to one of the the secondary set of keys through the data stream. To the subscriber the key change would be seamless, provided the subscribers receiver was on and in operation.

The early FTA receivers were originally designed for manual key entry, as the providers key change was infrequent, and the FTA receivers required only a small amount of memory to accommodate this. However as a part of the providers security scheme they started more frequent key changes and manual FTA key changes became more frequent and problematic. To accommodate the more frequent key changes, and convenience, the FTA coders incorporated in their programs a automatic key change sub-program that we know as "Auto roll".

Auto Roll; is incorporated into the program (.bin/.pgm) that we down load into our receivers, its function is to detect a key change, and then (Auto) roll the keys until the receiver decodes the data stream, and we get our video/audio. The auto roll program was put into operation after the the early receiver were sold. With the increase of provider sophisticated en-coding schemes, limited memory and limited computing power of the early receivers, the receiver decoding programs are getting to large for the memory limitations of the older receivers. This is why on these receivers we are having to manually change the keys. The providers are currently increasing the frequency of the key changes, and the placement of the keys in the data stream, ECM's(Electronic Counter Measures).

Recommendations; Currently "autoroll" is a necessity, no longer a luxury. All of the current FTA receiver programs have the autoroll feature. When upgrading or purchasing a FTA receiver, the faster the processor, the more memory and most important - FAST programing support, the better it will be for you. I highly recommend a " SEASONED" receiver.
Seasoned = been on the market 2 years or longer with a good track record of supporting its products with program updates.
Support = How long does it take the receiver manufacture to get the program for the receiver adjusted and YOUR receiver up & running after a major ECM (Electronic Counter Measure). This will be YOUR down time, and the $20.00 that was saved on the bargain receiver may not have been such a great deal! The best during the last BIG ECM, Viewsat and Sonicview were the top 2.

Courtesy; supermodurator ftaprofessional website
Highly informative. How càn I reach you on whatsapp or telegram pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ddone2020: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2016
barak1:
reset ur lnb 2 d center of ur dish ,don't mind 2% reduction of signal bt it won't b freezing again, dat is what I did 2 mine.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by idris4r83(m): 10:21am On Feb 10, 2016
barak1:
what type of receiver?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 11:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

Most qsat accounts are not connecting to the server tonight. It's usual qsat server problem. It will be back soon, don't worry.
thanks for ur quick response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ddone2020: 11:56am On Feb 10, 2016
ddone2020:
reset ur lnb 2 d center of ur dish ,don't mind 2% reduction of signal bt it won't b freezing again, dat is what I did 2 mine.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
Akinige:
My gud ppus in the house , pls I wud like to add mbc 7west to my sport 24 on 1.8 meter dish , can sumbudy put me tru pls ?
Track MBC first with 11595v 27500 as your primary, then use 10986v 30000 ku when you hit green then replace your ku lnb with cband lnb and do your adjustment to get green on 4129v 15405.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mustaphataofeek: 1:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
abohwun:
Track MBC first with 11595v 27500 as your primary, then use 10986v 30000 ku when you hit green then replace your ku lnb with cband lnb and do your adjustment to get green on 4129v 15405.
MBC,and sp***24 the same potision or a little adjustment?.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2016
Gentle men in d house pls any biss key to open ABS 3‘W ie continental package *movie+,aljazera & co
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maidaboi(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
how to track eutelsat16 from multi TV position
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2016
PLS HOUSE IS THERE 3.4M PAN DISH because SOMEBODY WANT TO SOLD ONE 4 ME BUT I DONT KNW IF IT 3M PLS ANYBODY
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by barak1: 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2016
idris4r83:
what type of receiver?
strong 4922d+
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by barak1: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
ddone2020:
lnb is already at the center of the dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kwameking: 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF THE DISH. THE RESULT IS THE SIZE OF THE DISH
Uthmanloay:
PLS HOUSE IS THERE 3.4M PAN DISH because SOMEBODY WANT TO SOLD ONE 4 ME BUT I DONT KNW IF IT 3M PLS ANYBODY

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.