Stats: 3,161,091 members, 7,845,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5468764 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bugs1234: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2012
@all, i dont want to cause a scene, but brite02 just asked a question dat has bin answered more dan a million times in d previous posts (upgrading 4669x11) but no one told him to go back and read d previous posts, instead gurus are answering him perfectly, but if its a newbie it is different, why?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kombats: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2012
Bugs1234: @all, i dont want to cause a scene, but brite02 just asked a question dat has bin answered more dan a million tyms in d previous posts (upgrading 4669x11) but no one told him to go back and read d previous posts, instead gurus are answering him perfectly, but if its a newbie it is different, why?
human being nufin person go do wey go eva satisfy una. I got ur point but dey is some kind of ........ Nairalanders alway do dat piss me off instead of giving d newbies d link to d post already discussed in d past thread dey would start using harsh word dat cant u go to d previous page u are too lazy or cant u use d search button
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Farwee(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
@ Obnelly i'll prefer d one u fabricate so dat i'll be able to make an almost perfect instalation. Send me ur number so i can call u, d2baba@yahoo.com. 10ank you God bless
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2012
@all the reason why the satellite tv section of nairaland is turning into a facebook or twitter and not strictly on the former is that every body has turned into the master of his own. We have people to follow like (Twinstaiye, George_D, Enitan, Obnelly, Olofofo, Badaru, Ibaku, Microgiant, Townjuju) but when this men talk, everyone QUESTIONS them. Now, they advice no more! How should we question someone advising a newbie to read an already treated thing? Of what good will it be of flooding the threads with already treated issue? And of questioning advice from a sat mate? Or trying to interrupt the fluidity movement of discussions here? Lets be mature. And step up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
auchs: @all the reason why the satellite tv section of nairaland is turning into a facebook or twitter and not strictly on the former is that every body has turned into the master of his own. We have people to follow like (Twinstaiye, George_D, Enitan, Obnelly, Olofofo, Badaru, Ibaku, Microgiant, Townjuju) but when this men talk, everyone QUESTIONS them. Now, they advice no more! How should we question someone advising a newbie to read an already treated thing? Of what good will it be of flooding the threads with already treated issue? And of questioning advice from a sat mate? Or trying to interrupt the fluidity movement of discussions here? Lets be mature. And step up.
Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2012
@all
my 3.6m cannot not give me sky uk or hotbird in portharcourt,if any ph member using 3.6m in ph and is receiving hotbird should please mail me on ikiriye@gmail.com will appreciate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bugs1234: 7:15pm On Apr 05, 2012
@all, nigcomsat is located at the west, it is very bright and visible here in naija, just go outside and look at the sky in the west here in naija and u will see it shinning so bright like a star.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bugs1234: @all, nigcomsat is located at the west, it is very bright and visible here in naija, just go outside and look at the sky in the west here in naija and u will see it shinning so bright like a star.

na lie
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
I hacked you and bug wont kill me with laughter.dear all my locally fabricated dish os almost done,i will keep you posted with some pictures.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2012
Bugs1234: @all, nigcomsat is located at the west, it is very bright and visible here in naija, just go outside and look at the sky in the west here in naija and u will see it shinning so bright like a star.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2012
@bug1234 I can see it. The bird is the biggest star at the west. ^_^
@IHacked na trueooo. Where you de live. locate the west with your compass. And you will see the bird shining loud and clear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lexxybb: 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2012

hehehehehe, this one na wa oooooo, nigcomsat is at 42.5E and not west, moreso, u cant see it just like that
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mkhue: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2012
@ pidzo cn l have your email Mkhumkhulisi@gmail.com
Thx in advance
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2012
Home made satellite dish antenna requires some engineering or technical skills.It is time consuming and it gives a lot of headache especially when you fail to get it right into the perfect paraboloid shape.Never the less, the spirit is never say never.

For you to get started you must determine how you want your dish to look like,get all the parameters ready and swing into action.Fabricating your home made dish entails the following steps
designs=fabrication of parts=assembly of parts=installation/coupling of parts and testing for focal lenght ,tracking and finally painting.Its not all easy as we all think but with determination we shall surely get there.

My First picture showed the model of 100cm dish made of cardboard.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
grin@obnelly mmmmmm ride on i will surely get my own too, may be in 3mts time if the strong guy import it as he promise 3.2mt i envy oooooooooo grin@obnelly mmmmmm ride on i will surely get my own too, may be in 3mts time if the strong guy import it as he promise 3.2mt i envy oooooooooo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2012
Adex i think we should not so much depend on strong technologies we csn build africa economy through locally made materials

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by andymola(m): 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2012
Gurus of the house. Pls u people should help on this. My strong4669x has refused to pop out channels each time I inpute frequency. I dont know if I've to do factory reset or what? Pls someone should advice me on what to do. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2012
andymola: Gurus of the house. Pls u people should help on this. My strong4669x has refused to pop out channels each time I inpute frequency. I dont know if I've to do factory reset or what? Pls someone should advice me on what to do. Thanks
@ andymola, try and do factory reset first and let us know the outcome of it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2012
parameters are f/d 0.4 and diameter is 100cm.I read from one international forum from Australia that f/d of 0.2-0.3 is good for designing c band antenna while f/d of 0.6-0.7 is good for ku band i prefer 0.4 because this can easily move to 0.6 or 0.7 at the end of the fabrication,that can be due to insignificant errors.The picture below is for the graph showing a part of the parabolic shape of the ribs.

cut out the shape of the curve and use that curve as your template in constructing your ribs

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
making ribs can be fun but be very careful as you might get your first error here.check to see if you have a perfect curve before moulding your ribs into your desired curve.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2012
note at this juncture you may choose to use wood to construct your dish but i choose metal to do this.I said it few months back that its possible to make satellite dish antenna out of wood but my friend sophimore1 prove me otherwise.The picture below is the combination of square pipes ribs forming the skeletal structure of the dish if it were to be wooden dish those arms/ribs will be made of wood.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2012
forming the base of the dish,make sure those base fit into those lines,here you must cut of some part of the ribs to be able to fit into the circle and at the same time it must be equal to your chosen diameter otherwise your diameter will not be accurate.It will be greater than 100cm in my own case if i didnt take care of the circular base properly.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2012
drill your ribs and base plate, use a fastener to bolt it together or weld it as the case may be and look at it may be the ribs curves will be meaningful to you.Does it look like a satellite dish antenna skeletal system?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2012
next is cutting out the panels in my own case i was a little bit lazy so i choose 4 panels at 90 degrees each and i braced the base at every 45 degrees.
picture 1 measurement
picture 2 cutting template
picture 3 cutting panels out of a metal sheet (light gauge plate)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2012
placing the 4 panels on the ribs and lets see what we have,but we need to fasten it to the ribs to form the curve we are looking for .From this point even without fastening to the rib i was able to hear the echo of my voice when ever i make a sound at the center of the dish,meaning I am doing something meaning full.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2012
i choose to use riveting method as a means of fastening the frame of the dish to the panels to for the dish parabolic surface.Here you must be very careful when riveting, application of too much pressure from the gun may deform your ribs and that will make it to turn away from your initial f/d.In some cases it flatten the dish surface so no focal point can ever be achieved.meaning your dish will be blind for life.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2012
after riveting the panels to the frame i was able to achieved this result ,though the back view of the dish .Does it look beautiful and is it taking shape?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2012
surface of the dish,still need to do some trimming though but am i doing something right here?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2012
at last i have the 100cm prime focus dish fabricated,using all locally made materials available at my disposal.next is how to fix the tripod stand to hold the LNB remember the LNB must collect all the reflective signals on the surface of the dish ,here you need to do some crazy adjustment otherwise your focal point will not work fine.sometime the focal point on paper work will not work on the real work,its just to guide you because you must have incur some errors while doing your constructions

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:06pm On Apr 06, 2012
@obnelly good work .with this your dish if you work well on the lnb arm i tell
you it will work good then the ones on market trust me.

obnelly i really like what you are doing i know the pain and kudi you lost on this
but nest time it will be easy

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2012
All current communication satellites are geo-stationary. This means they circle the earth in a specified orbit, at the same speed as the earth itself. As a result, they appear to stand still. All geo-stationary satellites revolve around the earth at a height of 36,000 km, precisely over the equator. Here, the centrifugal and gravitational forces of the earth are in equilibrium, ensuring that the satellites stay in their position and do not fall back to earth. Their speed is approximately 11,000 km per hour . and the distance to Central Europe is approximately 41,000 km. As neither the distance nor the position over the equator changes, transmission and receiving stations can remain fixed, maintaining their aim at the satellite.
So if satellite is at 42.5 E I don’t think you can see It at west or track it from west .please use your compass at your location and tell me if it is at west.what i know is nigcomsat 1R is located at 42.5E and can beam to Europe or any part on this planet if they plan for.

Thou we are playing around but some one may be confuse so I think this will help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)