Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1677) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5442341 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
harizonal123:

How will I know if its the actual satellite I'm searching for that bleeps. Do I need to input the tp on the decoder b4 tracking and go inside to check when it bleeps?

no need of putting tp and frequency

when d sat finds the frequency it beeps on itself.

d only disadvantage is that u must know d exact direction of sat u are finding
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2017
omaolowo:

For TStv Tracking....

Position: ABS 3A @ 3° West
Frequencies: 11052, 11088, 11052, 11169
Symbol Rate: 30000
Polarity: Horizontal (H)
LNB Position: 4 'O' Clock
Dish Size: 60cm (offset) and above

Many thanks. I will give it a trial. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2017
umbo:

no need of putting tp and frequency

when d sat finds the frequency it beeps on itself.

d only disadvantage is that u must know d exact direction of sat u are finding
Someone ones said I need to adjust the reading on the Meter to 5 b4 tracking. How true?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2017
harizonal123:

Someone ones said I need to adjust the reading on the Meter to 5 b4 tracking. How true?

yes d metre is calibrated for adjustment

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2017
harizonal123:

That thing only beep for signal with good signal quality, I gave up on it, when it does not beep for Nigcomsat... Now I'm enjoying Hellobox B1 satellite finder... With that I know direction just follow the Arrow red... as well as scan for channel list...

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by orkman(m): 5:19am On Dec 25, 2017
Dam5reey:

That thing only beep for signal with good signal quality, I gave up on it, when it does not beep for Nigcomsat... Now I'm enjoying Hellobox B1 satellite finder... With that I know direction just follow the Arrow red... as well as scan for channel list...

how much is d cost of Hellobox B1 satellite finder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2017
Dam5reey:

I already ordered for it since almost two weeks plus on jumia at a cost of 3k5 that's why I'm asking many questions. How much is this your own and where can I get it to buy?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 10:06am On Dec 25, 2017
harizonal123:

True. Point the dish where there is no sat then set the meter pointer to 5 as your no sat point. Then start sat hunting. When a sat is found the meter will move towards 10.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2017
earthrealm:

so swapped the lnb, and immediately the cracking video stopped. even though signal strength was 58% and 9%!.
so i still went ahead to optimize it...and was able to adjust it to signal strength 59%, signal quality 98%!, so everything super now

so where can i buy a replacement lnb?. how much is it, and is there a preffered make?
Congratulation bro, am happy to hear your testimony. You can use any offset Ku lnbf since the satellite it is being use for doesn't require any special lnbf or you can buy strong short neck lnbf. The price goes for 1k from my end but I don't know how much it is being sold at your end.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Dam5reey:

Please where did you buy this device and how much.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
harizonal123:

I already ordered for it since almost two weeks plus on jumia at a cost of 3k5 that's why I'm asking many questions. How much is this your own and where can I get it to buy?

Alright, I once asked the same question.. and got different answers...
It's good for satellites with good signal strength and quality... Dst*, and so on.. but you have to glue your eyes only to the receiver I had to take my TV outside to track grin

I got mine about 38$ on Aliexpress... And the analogue type 8$

I will gladly sell off the analogue finder for 2k...
Pictures below is for sale.. kiss

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 9:28pm On Dec 25, 2017
Please who can help me on this, My sport24 channels doesn't come up on my SRT 4950H but when I plug in my digisat decoder and blind scan, the channels comes up but will refuse to popup on my SRT4950H.

Anyone with a solution please help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
psucc:

Please do you have an idea what the price is like?

It should be 18k here in Uyo
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingsley6(m): 5:39am On Dec 26, 2017
omaolowo:
TStv has restored those missing channels in the "MBC Group" back o...

MBC 2
MBC Action
MBC MAX
Dubai One
BBC World
Liberty Tv
Al Jazeera English
France 24 English
CGTN
TBN
Fashion Tv SD Asia
Channels Tv
EWTN Africa India
Emmanuel Tv

All these channels above are now back on TStv!

My question is: has anyone been able to attach tstv to already existing MBC @7w setup?
Please if yes, I need pictures for clarity... One love
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2017
ludakristos:
Please who can help me on this, My sport24 channels doesn't come up on my SRT 4950H but when I plug in my digisat decoder and blind scan, the channels comes up but will refuse to popup on my SRT4950H.

Anyone with a solution please help.
Change the LNB freq.from 5150/5750 to 5150 and do rescan it or better still blind scan it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT2: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2017
Our friend,our fta hero is back,check the usual place
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2017
ManirBK:
http://download1791.mediafire.com/a660fgxl6dcg/zw3cdkif9z3a0q7/gx6605s_Alphabox_X6+_Combo_jscam56_171226.bin
4 d pple who is using 4950 strong go crosat and look 4 d model u av 4 sport24
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
Anyone know a solution to 4955 constant rebooting with 4.48 firmware?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lunsat:
Anyone know a solution to 4955 constant rebooting with 4.48 firmware?
Follow dis process and give back report:
1. Switch d decoder off
2. Remove d F-connector from the LNP port of ur decoder
3. Switch it back on
4. If it doesn't work normally, report back for next stage bt if it does. Check ur LNB cable ensure it is properly connected to d F-connector at d decoder and at d dish point cos d coxial cable mit be touching each oda
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
Help Please.
I have been in the sun ☀ for over 45 minutes trying TSTV. I couldn't even get 7w with my 1.2m dish. Tweaking from 3 O'clock, 4 O'clock and 9 O'clock while standing in front of the dish.

Please, what else can I do.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
For those planning to track Badr at 26° with big dishes, just forget about it and seek other satellite. Apart from the MBC package on it and France 24, other channels do not worth the stress. Dubai sports 1-4, Kuwait sport etc are useless

I'm in UAE now and where I'm staying the satellite is Badr at 26° with over 400 channels courtesy 90cm dish.

Luckily before I left Lagos yesterday, I took along my Android IPTV. With the free WiFi here, I'm streaming all the EPL matches. Saw Spurs game and waiting for the other matches just to keep boredom away.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Olayinkaoj:
Help Please.
I have been in the sun ☀ for over 45 minutes trying TSTV. I couldn't even get 7w with my 1.2m dish. Tweaking from 3 O'clock, 4 O'clock and 9 O'clock while standing in front of the dish.

Boss, first get direction of DS** and den turn ur dish from ur left to ur right with ur LNB in 4'0'Clock position. Lift it up to track. Though I tracked mine with 1m

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ludakristos: 9:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
arbourboateng:
Change the LNB freq.from 5150/5750 to 5150 and do rescan it or better still blind scan it.

Thanks so much. it worked.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
Olayinkaoj:
Help Please.

You really tried. It could be problematic once in a while. If you persist, you may get it provided there are no obstacles to signal like mast and power lines. But if all efforts prove abortive, get assistance of another installer. Probably, he may be of help. At times, what others can get without any stress in one location can be difficult in another location. For tstv, let your lnb be at 4 o clock. Then attach 7w if you're able to get it. If you are in Lagos and you need my assistance, call 09094626655 or Whatsapp via 08060150782

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 11:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
New channels on 26e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JOPINTO: 11:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by JOPINTO: 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:32am On Dec 27, 2017
Alexdinho10:
multi tv tp 12525 v 30000 is red pls can someone if it is general.
check your dish, thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:34am On Dec 27, 2017
nonut:
New channels on 26e.
what channels, nothing now there, is has been long, Volta tv1 and comment, thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:36am On Dec 27, 2017
davodguy:
For those planning to track Badr at 26° with big dishes, just forget about it and seek other satellite. Apart from the MBC package on it and France 24, other channels do not worth the stress. Dubai sports 1-4, Kuwait sport etc are useless

I'm in UAE now and where I'm staying the satellite is Badr at 26° with over 400 channels courtesy 90cm dish.

Luckily before I left Lagos yesterday, I took along my Android IPTV. With the free WiFi here, I'm streaming all the EPL matches. Saw Spurs game and waiting for the other matches just to keep boredom away.
The SATELLITE is Arabs SATELLITE for their own use, and enjoyment,africa what have we, thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by merrypakman: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2017
Dam5reey:

How much did you buy Hellobox and where can I get it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.