Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441558 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 1:20pm On Dec 27, 2017
merrypakman:

How much did you buy Hellobox and where can I get it

37$ on Aliexpress...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olumideogundare(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
mosescollon:
working fine on FREESAT V8 Super
pls confirm sport24 is working on qsat 26.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
Guys can someone confirm which satellite do open view HD package on now since they have move from Astra 4a@5e urgent please soo long.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
Good day fellow "Primates" for those having problems with the 4955 remote control... It's been solved in the new software dated today, you can now use the remote control for 4950h to operate the 4955
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gr8men: 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2017
Compliment of the season to the entire FTA family.
Please, I have not been able to watch MBC channels for some weeks now on 12283 V 27513 only joyrime works. The two are on same LNB. Plus, what could be the reason.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
Good evening. Please can Qsat 11g AutoRoll Powervu on AFN channels?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2017
Gr8men:
Please, I have not been able to watch MBC channels for some weeks now on 12283 V 27513 only joyrime works. The two are on same LNB. Plus, what could be the reason.
Thanks in advance.

The dish has moved position. Reset your dish by bringing either up or down a bit .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 6:23pm On Dec 27, 2017
Gr8men:
Thanks in advance.

what's ur dish size pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
bakbayus:

Follow dis process and give back report:
1. Switch d decoder off
2. Remove d F-connector from the LNP port of ur decoder
3. Switch it back on
4. If it doesn't work normally, report back for next stage bt if it does. Check ur LNB cable ensure it is properly connected to d F-connector at d decoder and at d dish point cos d coxial cable mit be touching each oda

I checked 4 f connectors; two on the cable from the stb to the positioned (motor controller) and two on the cable from the positioner to the lnb. All seem OK. I upgraded software from 2.58 to 2.53. The reboot has reduced but is still there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by NuraTeejay(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lunsat:

I checked 4 f connectors; two on the cable from the stb to the positioned (motor controller) and two on the cable from the positioner to the lnb. All seem OK. I upgraded software from 2.58 to 2.53. The reboot has reduced but is still there.
remove any device that is connected to the receiver e.g wireless stick, etc
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2017
arbourboateng:
Guys can someone confirm which satellite do open view HD package on now since they have move from Astra 4a@5e urgent please soo long.

Intelsat 20 at 68.5e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gr8men: 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
umbo:

what's ur dish size pls

60cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2017
Gud Morin, pls i assistance on how to track tsvt its almost 3days now have been trying to nail the bird without hitting the green, plz is there any easy way to get it pls i count on you thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2017
Lunsat:

Intelsat 20 at 68.5e
Thanks for your answer, but do you get it because I know the one on 68.5e is for southern Africa regime and you can't get it on 90cm or less dish here in west Africa unless you have 2.4m or bigger dish, can you confirm if you get it on usual 60 or 90cm dish, that was normally use to get on 5e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:21am On Dec 28, 2017
bakbayus:

Boss, first get direction of DS** and den turn ur dish from ur left to ur right with ur LNB in 4'0'Clock position. Lift it up to track. Though I tracked mine with 1m

Thanks sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2017
philipbash:
You really tried. It could be problematic once in a while. If you persist, you may get it provided there are no obstacles to signal like mast and power lines. But if all efforts prove abortive, get assistance of another installer. Probably, he may be of help. At times, what others can get without any stress in one location can be difficult in another location. For tstv, let your lnb be at 4 o clock. Then attach 7w if you're able to get it. If you are in Lagos and you need my assistance, call 09094626655 or Whatsapp via 08060150782

Thanks sir. I will try again. I am in Osogbo.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2017
vicyear4us:
Gud Morin, pls i assistance on how to track tsvt its almost 3days now have been trying to nail the bird without hitting the green, plz is there any easy way to get it pls i count on you thanks

Track from 10am in the morning.
LNB skew between 4 and 5 o'clock.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyoyagami: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2017
Good day all please why is that no body is talking about eutelsat @7degrees east, is that there is nothing on that bird?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sam2020(m): 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Wow... Afn just got better all channels in HD, so sweet to watch.. Wonderful!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Alright, I once asked the same question.. and got different answers...
It's good for satellites with good signal strength and quality... Dst*, and so on.. but you have to glue your eyes only to the receiver I had to take my TV outside to track grin

I got mine about 38$ on Aliexpress... And the analogue type 8$

I will gladly sell off the analogue finder for 2k...
Pictures below is for sale.. kiss

Am interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eddyline(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Alright, I once asked the same question.. and got different answers...
It's good for satellites with good signal strength and quality... Dst*, and so on.. but you have to glue your eyes only to the receiver I had to take my TV outside to track grin

I got mine about 38$ on Aliexpress... And the analogue type 8$

I will gladly sell off the analogue finder for 2k...
Pictures below is for sale.. kiss

could you kindly assist with the link for that of 38$? thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
eddyline:

Here you go

HELLOBOX Bluetooth Satellite Finder Android System APP For Satellite TV Receiver New Model APP Satellite Finder
http://s.aliexpress.com/IZRrUBVn
(from AliExpress Android)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
ganex:

Am interested

I'm in Lagos, my phone 081-32394478
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eddyline(m): 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Here you go

HELLOBOX Bluetooth Satellite Finder Android System APP For Satellite TV Receiver New Model APP Satellite Finder
thanks bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2017
[quote author=sam2020 post=63680884]Wow... Afn just got better all channels in HD, so sweet to watch.. Wonderful! [/quote
Which model of decoder did u use?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nonut: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dam5reey:

Here you go

How long does it take to be delivered?
Have you used it personally? If yes, what's the tracking ability like?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
nonut:

Via Aliexpress shipping it takes minimum 10 days and maximum 27 days.

But Aliexpress prices sometimes are too high. Just learned that
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
eddyline:

d device is in Alaba market na
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
nonut:

You will receive within 3 - 4 weeks...
Yes, It's one of the best satellites finder, it's is simple to use, With little experience I was able to track 4 satellites on a dish...

It beep based on the tp you enter... Then lock once you it green, you can also scan channels on the tp..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dam5reey(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2017
umbo:

Where and what's the price?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodguy: 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
umbo:

It might even be far cheaper than the price on Aliexpress.

I've experienced such on many occasions
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
EDITED

pls kindly follow due process
no upfront payment
I got d contact through a pal I have not dealt wt him before

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1675) (1676) (1677) (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.