Stats: 3,162,481 members, 7,850,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5474333 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spora2: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2012
Can any body confirm that small brother channels is still fta on Galaxy 11, intelsat 802
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 6:19am On Jul 04, 2012
etcwest: HELLO gurus in the house. i have locked on to both amos 5 17e and w3c 16e. am able to get all the channels expept 1KZN and bay tv. please help
Stop wasting urs and other peoples time, 1KZN and BAY TV, if u are not getting them, then they are simply not receiveable from ur location.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 6:56am On Jul 04, 2012
obnelly: Trying to make some corrections on the edge and to view how its gonna look in the end.TRIPOD,LNB/LNB HOLDER, SIGNAL BEAM AND GROUND NOISE.
Gonna call u and know your base then be ur first customer.I hope is not for xperimental purpose only.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2012
etcwest: unfortunatly my cable is joined. i try screwing my lnb but nothing.so you mean the cable is the cause?
sorry 4 reply lately change the cable if it happen again then u need to replace the lnb.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2012
etcwest: HELLO gurus in the house. i have locked on to both amos 5 17e and w3c 16e. am able to get all the channels expept 1KZN and bay tv. please help
You may have tracked both amos 5 @ 17 east and w3c @ 16east with one lnb at same position...since both satellites are not on same position you are likely and must loose signal quality on one or both satellites...re-track amos 5 separately and increase your signal level to optimum, may be 1kzn and bay tv may show up...as the footprint of 1bay tv and 1kzn,is only for southern-africa...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:02am On Jul 04, 2012
obnelly: George d,and badaru where are thou,this forum is diminishing day by day.no old members any longer.am i the only old member left in this forum? Hmm time will tell.sammu,twinskenny, pito,gadotor, eny,fofo, dejsam,butoneday, enigma,odilibe, iron2011, geometry,folo, baba egun,ekonibaje, tilewa,ifende, etc i dey miss una
obnelly, cheers. some of this guys could be viewing postsgrin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2012
Oga Odilibe,i had no got to say you are wrong,you and other 'PROF'find time to put-in for us to read&digest day in day out what are colleges for when their is no student or the newcomers are not worthy to learned from thou?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:10am On Jul 04, 2012
@obnelly we are still following the tread i always read here at least 5times a day but may not post we all waiting to see outcome of ur new monster dish before i will contact u 4 mine, pls keep the flag flying. yesterday evening i adjust my jack to accomodate thiacom and still get to ses4 but now it is time to get 3.2 up like urs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2012
i joined since 2008 or so and my main purpose is to learn and i'll keep on learning.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2012
Ibaku: Stop wasting urs and other peoples time, 1KZN and BAY TV, if u are not getting them, then they are simply not receiveable from ur location.
my dear am in south africa. 1KZN is our local channel and its withing my footprint. we watch is on top tv but i wanted to watch fta cause we don't subscribe every month.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 10:23am On Jul 04, 2012
odilibe: You may have tracked both amos 5 @ 17 east and w3c @ 16east with one lnb at same position...since both satellites are not on same position you are likely and must loose signal quality on one or both satellites...re-track amos 5 separately and increase your signal level to optimum, may be 1kzn and bay tv may show up...as the footprint of 1bay tv and 1kzn,is only for southern-africa...
thanx you are the man, not the other morons who call themselves gurus. am in southern africa by the way am my neighbor is getting the two channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:43am On Jul 04, 2012
Hello fellow Africans you need not insult anybody on the forum is totally WRONG!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Pofolo are you online?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ray1251(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2012
Guys do u think bb iare paying d people managing nicomsat to delay,or not to allow nicomsat1r to work? Because on d long run most local channels like ait,mitv and so many local channels will connect to 1r,because it will be cheaper,thereby reducing bb profit on africa,because d satilite beam focuses on africa.@?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2012
obnelly: Trying to make some corrections on the edge and to view how its gonna look in the end.TRIPOD,LNB/LNB HOLDER, SIGNAL BEAM AND GROUND NOISE.
its almost done brother. True sat lovers dont quit. We are focused and dont waver. Dont ever change your mind to follow run away soldiers because I dont think they end well. You are Obnelly. Keep moving brother. As for George, I dont think he is among the black list above. Viva satellite tech.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
microgiant: @George
u are correct, the dish is actually missing one part, but it can be fabricated. The only problem is I have to go back to class for focal point calculation. grin

The LNB arm doesn't connect to the back like 90cm dishes but it is screwed to the edge of the dish. You can see a sample of the complete assembled dish below.

@microgiant,
Hey! Don't rush to the welder yet. Looks like I got that flat piece lying somewhere in my store - only I didn't know it was part of the 1m dish! Show the underside of that dish in the pix (for clarity) and call me later this evening. I might have good news for you!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
obnelly: George d,and badaru where are thou,this forum is diminishing day by day.no old members any longer.am i the only old member left in this forum? Hmm time will tell.sammu,twinskenny, pito,gadotor, eny,fofo, dejsam,butoneday, enigma,odilibe, iron2011, geometry,folo, baba egun,ekonibaje, tilewa,ifende, etc i dey miss una

Hello obnelly,
Don't despair for we're still very much on the scene. Like auchs said above, people like us don't give in easily. I may not be posting regularly as I used to but be rest assured that I'm still on the FTA train. Never will I slink away like a few others who are now caught in the web of descrambled flickers. And if you check page 167 of this tread, you'll notice an on-going conversation between myself and microgiant:

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/167#11304849

He is trying to set up a daarsat 1m dish and seems I have a piece of the puzzle he needs.

That said, your giant strides are not going unnoticed and like I said earlier in the year, if you continue at this pace you'll easily be the right man to clinch the coveted sat poster of the year crown. No contest!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
pls frdz can any one help me wth d dish size nd tp of 17e
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
OK! Maybe other 'PROF' traveled to the northpole if we newcomers can't read from them or Oga George. D had said it all!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Sophieamore1(f): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
@OBNELLY,
SOME OF THOSE NAMES YOU MENTIONED, HAVE NEVER BEEN ACTIVE ON THIS FORUM, SINCE I JOINED THIS FORUM, PEOPLE JUST CALL THEM GURUS JUST BECAUSE THEY STARTED THIS FORUM.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
@george d pls check ur sat store for me i need old original cband lnb all the one i got here in lagos are not serving well, imagine 70% on amos 5 and the signal cracking no audio video so anoying hope to hear from u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
@sophie those name are indeed guru with their knowledge if u move close to them u will surely agree with me it is just that DARK SIDE have taking away their fta attitude but they still view the tread.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 7:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Auchs,George and Adex thanks for lifting up my spirit.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 9:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
Lanceosas: pls frdz can any one help me wth d dish size nd tp of 17e

Your question is AMBIGUOUS.Is it Ku or Cband?If its KU, a 90cm dish can do while a 1.8m dish can do for Cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Everest9(m): 10:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
long time guys i guess i missed a lot of things
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 10:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ilish:
Your question is AMBIGUOUS.Is it Ku or Cband?If its KU, a 90cm dish can do while a 1.8m dish can do for Cband
Which wan you dey? Give the response wey u get. If you get tp fo c-band/ku just give d guy, shikena! African like to answer question wit question!!!! I myself I have a problem with tracking Intelsat17 ku and I asked the tracking frequency on this forum. No one is yet to respond to that query. No qualms!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 6:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Jackobite: Pofolo are you online?
Sorry i wasnt, yarns dey ni ?.
Get my direct line frm koitor ,or holla mi here ur numba.....
Nb. I'l b online by 10am today .

@ all, Guru na guru no mata wat u newguys say.
They wer once newbies, wer interested, teachable n learnt vigorously to graduate frm school of nairaland satelite. The crops of these days newbies mostly are lazy, arrogant, inpatient, unteachable, selfcentered, simple instruction 'deaf' and highly pissing....
Each time im here, i check the also viewing.....its always revealing, Gurus are here watching, they keep silent to avert bin insulted n only comment when neccessary. U dnt bcom a graduate, if u fail to 'enrole' in a school.
Moreover, '' a child that knows how to rinse/wash its hands, eats with the elders''....... 3 ways to attain dis, take time to read thread frm season1 or atleast read back 3 pages b4 u post anything, ask questions politely and be VERY patient....
My 2cents.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 7:14am On Jul 05, 2012
lovala:
Which wan you dey? Give the response wey u get. If you get tp fo c-band/ku just give d guy, shikena! African like to answer question wit question!!!! I myself I have a problem with tracking Intelsat17 ku and I asked the tracking frequency on this forum. No one is yet to respond to that query. No qualms!!
Hey bro, you should take it easy with Ilish. He only tried to help. It is now left for Lanceosas to ask another question if he is not satisfied with the answer given to him. Dear lovala, if you are still in need of tracking trasponder of Intelsat 17 ku, then you can use this 11556 H 20129. I hope you won't misunderstand my statement?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2012
@ pofolo,:well i reason with u but one had to be cautious, if not one might step on someone toes,atleast it take me to years to read from outside as guest b4 i finally came in as registed member &and if i needed any information i read from season 1....5 and if am not satisfied i google my issues period!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2012
RRsat to launch new Ku-Band platforms on AMOS-5 satellite over Africa

RRsat Global Communications has launched two new Ku-Band MCPC platforms on Spacecom's AMOS-5 Satellite at 17degrees East. These two MCPC platforms, Ku-1 (West Central Africa) and Ku-3 (East West Africa), will complement RRsat's existing focus on providing direct to home (DTH) content to Sub-Saharan Africa.

Lior Rival, VP of sales & marketing at RRsat, said: "The African market for broadcast television is growing rapidl. Together with AMOS, we believe that with these platforms we will be able to give leading TV and radio channels the opportunity to reach a continent demanding new television viewing. RRsat is able to cost-effectively bring content from Europe, Asia and the Americas for DTH distribution.

Eyal Copitt, Spacecom's senior VP of sales, Africa, added: "AMOS-5 was designed and built specifically for the African market with powerful beams and superior coverage of Africa's largest markets. We are excited that RRsat has chosen to bring their MCPC platforms to our Ku-1 and Ku-3 beams.

"DTH has tremendous potential in Africa. These platforms on AMOS-5 represent an important element of Spacecom's vision as we transform into a multi-regional satellite operator."
Louise Duffy ©RapidTVNews
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:25am On Jul 05, 2012
Adex70: @george d pls check ur sat store for me i need old original cband lnb all the one i got here in lagos are not serving well, imagine 70% on amos 5 and the signal cracking no audio video so anoying hope to hear from u.

@Adex70,
C band LNBs are of various types. Which one do you actually need? STRONG or SUPERMAX? If it is strong lnb, the best will be K6. If supermax, then you will need the extended range type vh-777. I will check and get back to you. Unfortunately I'm not home right now but as soon as I get back will surely see what I can do.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spora2: 11:01am On Jul 05, 2012
etcwest: my dear am in south africa. 1KZN is our local channel and its withing my footprint. we watch is on top tv but i wanted to watch fta cause we don't subscribe every month.
yes still active on tp 12625v4000 allso from South Africa so just check your lnb settings

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (2352) (Reply)