Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5439825 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2019
Good evening great people.
I use Qsat Q23g. Please, is it possible for all my LNBs(4) to go bad at the same time? I was watching a channel when suddenly 'no or bad signal ' came on the screen, signal strength and quality both displaying zero. I thought the problem was my Diseqc switch, until I had to connect each dish directly to the decoder, yet no or bad signal; signal strength 0, signal quality 0
Thnx for your response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by writexris: 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mourino:

I'm using Qsat 23G

I suspected it'll be qsat. Don't be quick to change your lnb, it could be any of the following
1. It could be the cables are old and weak
2. It could be your signal ic

First get a different a decoder and try first, if it works, just know your decoder needs to be worked on

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 5:56am On Oct 24, 2019
writexris:

I suspected it'll be qsat. Don't be quick to change your lnb, it could be any of the following
1. It could be the cables are old and weak
2. It could be your signal ic

First get a different a decoder and try first, if it works, just know your decoder needs to be worked on

OK. Thank you, I appreciate your response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by donpapi14: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks everyone for their contribution.. Unfortunately I haven't been able to nail any yet coz the rain dislodged my dish from DSTV placement so it's been hard tracking any satellite. Think I would save up money to pay an installer to do it for me..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TheGreenlight: 9:42am On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 10:46am On Oct 24, 2019
Mourino:
Good day house.
Please, is it possible for all my LNBs(4) to go bad at the same time? I was watching a channel when suddenly 'no or bad signal ' came on the screen, signal strength and quality both displaying zero. I thought the problem was my Diseqc switch, until I had to connect each dish directly to the decoder, yet no or bad signal; signal strength 0, signal quality 0

Very possible. It usually occure when electricity finds its way through. 8 of my lnb got spoiled.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2019
donpapi14:

Yes sir I'm in Lag.. Igando/Ikotun Area
ok u are a little far from me(yaba), i would have helpd u if u are closer
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojialo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hello aside dstv which other pay tv that shows live matches I mean all the match and is affordable?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebujany(m): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hello house, am looking for a skilled installer that will help me get MBC channels on my FTA decoder.. location is port Harcourt
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2019
ojialo:
Hello aside dstv which other pay tv that shows live matches I mean all the match and is affordable?
None undecided
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2019
Ameboperoo:

None undecided
metro digital, CTL cantv.if u are in their coverage areas cos they use down coverter antennas.. And subscription is 3,500 to 4,000 naira all matches. Lobatan.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Redomi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2019
sunene1:
metro digital, CTL cantv.if u are in their coverage areas cos they use down coverter antennas.. And subscription is 3,500 to 4,000 naira all matches. Lobatan.
Tell me more about this I'm interested
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tomatch: 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hi good fellow, please i need ur help on how to upgrade my G SAT 9500, the software and the best way i can achieve that. The picture is attached. Wish to hear from you soon. Thanks

1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Tomatch: 10:32pm On Oct 24, 2019
Hi good fellow,please i need ur help on how to upgrade my G SAT9500,the software and the best way i can achievethat.Thepicture isattached.Wishto hear from yousoon.Thanks my email muhammedibrahim8146@yahoo.com

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mr2kul(m): 11:40am On Oct 25, 2019
Good day folks...
I am new to FTA and i want to learn and try out things myself, hence my questions will look silly.
Please what does it mean to turn the LNB to 9 degree east. how do i know the right position?.
If possible, can someone recommend a tutorial video that may help the situation.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ayobamms: 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Good day Gurus, I'm new here and would love to get FTA for personal use.

I need someone to guide me through with the requirements and I should know.

I duff my hat for the bosses!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by funadposh: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2019
martinz1:

ok u are a little far from me(yaba), i would have helpd u if u are closer
where at igando call this no 08027178315
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 4:58am On Oct 26, 2019
Redomi:
Tell me more about this I'm interested

This doesn't smell nice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Deluxe8000(m): 8:20am On Oct 26, 2019
I learnt there is a new sat called off tv. I will like to know the channels there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
Deluxe8000:
I learnt there is a new sat called off tv. I will like to know the channels there.
it's Ghana TV @ 38e dish size 90cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyoyagami: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
sunene1:
it's Ghana TV @ 38e dish size 90cm
Goodevening house please what is the frequency of this OFF TV?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayobamizz: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2019
ebujany:
Hello house, am looking for a skilled installer that will help me get MBC channels on my FTA decoder.. location is port Harcourt
Where is your location in PH?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kudos4u(m): 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2019
My strong Decoder 4950H have refuse to show, it just display boot on its own screen and nothing is showing on TV screen.Any help from anyone pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MrSuama(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
Good day gurus, please my G-Sat G1200 is refusing to play mbc and other channels on nigcomsat but working perfectly on other satellite positions. please what can I do?

Mind you, it was working perfectly before.
We tested brand new ones at my oga's shop and same problem persisted.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
House,how can i combine nigcomsat 45'east and churches @ 68.5'east? Pls help a brother.
Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
davodyguy:
This baby coming for a while finally arrived home last night.

Thanks Ismy5000

What is the size and how much? It looks smooth.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabem(m): 1:11am On Oct 27, 2019
Hi guys,

I have been following this thread for a while now and i must say i have learn a lot here.

I have been on Multi TV for a while and i want to add Nigcomsat to my satellite. The installer who helped me installed the Multi TV told me that i have to buy another dish and LNB again, he said the direction are not the same though he thought i want to add TSTV Satellite. But i have been reading and seeing gurus here mounting two to four (LNBs) Satellites on one dish.

Pls, how do i go about it? Can i track Nigcomsat without disrupting the multi TV satellite using same dish and also can i track it myself?
If yes, how do i go about it? I wish to give it a try myself.

I use Digicom 9000HD decoder and 90cm dish.

Thanks to you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by temizeee(m): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2019
Helo brothers in the room, please can i track nigcomsat 1R on 60cm dish in ogbomoso, oyo state?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Emmaculate20(m): 9:13am On Oct 27, 2019
temizeee:
Helo brothers in the room, please can i track nigcomsat 1R on 60cm dish in ogbomoso, oyo state?
Bro, 90cm dish preferable, cos of signal cracking.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by temizeee(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2019
temizeee:
thanks guys but i later got 24 channel only on 12518H29500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by temizeee(m): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2019
Emmaculate20:
Bro, 90cm dish preferable, cos of signal cracking.
okay thanks..... Didn't know tracking isn't that hard oo... Later did it maself on the 60cm dish.... All the stations are cool, no cracking at all d signal is perfect...... Does it have any effect on mounting dish upstairs? I live upstairs.........

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ebujany(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2019
ayobamizz:

Where is your location in PH?

Oyigbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (1982) (1983) (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.