Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5463026 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
Easy023: U cnt track w3a wt 65cm,u wl nid 90cm bt u cn track w3c/amos 5 wt one 65cm dish
Is it wit d same lnb? Pls throw more light. Tanx for d tip on w3a @ Easy023
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2012
astanco: Is it wit d same lnb? Pls throw more light. Tanx for d tip on w3a @ Easy023
Yes wt one lnb
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
All please don't under estimate the power of fuji stargold if you know how to play with it.its equally. A good lnb for fringe reception.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
Easy023: Yes wt one lnb
Tanx man. Wots d tp for that Amos5 and d w3c mpeg2 tp?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
astanco: Tanx man. Wots d tp for that Amos5 and d w3c mpeg2 tp?
12.546h29.984 10.800h30.000 11.019h01.795

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by astanco(m): 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
Easy023: 12.546h29.984 10.800h30.000 11.019h01.795
Merci beacoup
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
sorry to say bt this thread is geting boring with 5 pages of Lnb discussion..no pun intended.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cleanman: sorry to say bt this thread is geting boring with 5 pages of Lnb discussion..no pun intended.
sorry to say this,believe me i thought it was sophieamore1 talking. just kiddinggrin grin grin...come to think of it,we still have unfinished discussion on lnb....apologies embarassed embarassed!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
Cleanman: sorry to say bt this thread is geting boring with 5 pages of Lnb discussion..no pun intended.
hmmmmmm,we need to step up guys,we could have 10 pages on lnb discussion so far we reach a meaningful conclusion.This is research work ,we need encouragement not discouragement Odilibe from uk make the order and logistic possible,George D finances the order,ikiriye and sammu doing test running to make sure we have best lnb for fringe reception in town.Haba make we support them now.see comments from people about lnb alone,people are learning from this please dont let us discourage them.we can just cross our fingers and watch than saying this,sorry if it hurts but its reality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
@cleanman,
At this stage we don't need sarcasm.either you make change happen or better still just read.
Obnelly just commented on the state of the forum positively.plz let it just be for I mean no harm cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ikiriye: @ Lagos test zone,
Please prepare your selves for your testing this weekend cos I will be sending the lnbs before Saturday.Obnelly will be receiving it and Adex70 kindly work with Obnelly so as to test run on your 2.4m as well.plz do we have any member with 1.8m and above offset in Lagos so that we can have a clear view on offset dish as well.cheers
@ ikiriye no prob i always get intorch with obnelly he is my man, also i will give them a test on 1.8 offset a friend of mine have for internet, i will let the whole house knows the out come. @ nelly be prepare for my
dish extend next month as per our discusion.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
@ all satellite hobbyist we had another kind in our mist again. we are SATMAN he can't damped our spirit he{cleanman} is on a wrong thread.lnb topic 15pages this is ku not even c-band so expect more bro!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2012
@jackobite
You've got mail
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:48am On Sep 27, 2012
Ikiriye: @jackobite
You've got mail
copy that! am ready to launch over on your command
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:59am On Sep 27, 2012
Pidzo: @ I Hacked
Any update from the rebel headquarters? and what is the army saying now?
Hope the rebel frontline is still active if not wounded redman& pal will be many.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2012
obnelly: From my research. Zap package on 36e is very much active.sky uk now 24/7 active.badr 26 abudhabi sports 1_7 active.some tps flashes on turksat 42e.also 3 tps pop on astra 31•5e.i will keep working on more fringe reception. Cheers
baba obnelly pls post the tps dat flashes on turksat@42e thank u!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adewunmis(m): 7:54am On Sep 27, 2012
Pls there anybody who has nail w3a at 21dregree east wit 90cm in lagos recently,i've being tried trackin 4 day now but it not pumping at all.(11653 v 15714)
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2012
@all pls i need answer on eutelsat w2@10e.pls is the premier league tv,man united tv,chelsea tv,nba tv receivable in nigeria?and wat dish size pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2012
obnelly: All please don't under estimate the power of fuji stargold if you know how to play with it.its equally. A good lnb for fringe reception.
indeed!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2012
Adewunmis: Pls there anybody who has nail w3a at 21dregree east wit 90cm in lagos recently,i've being tried trackin 4 day now but it not pumping at all.(11653 v 15714)

w3a is @ 7deg East.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rextab(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2012
umassor: @all pls i need answer on eutelsat w2@10e.pls is the premier league tv,man united tv,chelsea tv,nba tv receivable in nigeria?and wat dish size pls?
w2a ATM only hs only 3 channels
Mgm
Afro Music
kidsco
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2012
I v bean used Spitfire before and Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL come to replace Spitfire so i don't see why you should buy both but i think is for experimental purpose and it is good for as to test
I still have Avenger PLL321S-2 PLL in stock

Thanks you all for your test and report. From your readings I see you are only checking the gain. PLL is Phase Lock Loop which makes the stability much better. Stability of this LNBF is a minimum of 5 times better than the good DRO LNBFs. DRO LNBFs can not achieve this stability. It can only be done with PLL. Higher compression needs better stability. DVB-S2 often has missing channels when using DRO LNBFs. PLL LNBFs can better find the missing channels.

Many people look at the strength of the signal thinking higher is better. It is only true to a point. High gain causes higher induced noise and decreased stability.

Thanks again for your report,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2012
some of the rebels are moving now yesterday some of their fans here were waving flags on the street for the come back of the rebels .but according to the press men here some of the rebels house have fire and pot but inside the pot no food to feed but some of them said to me they want their wounds to hill well before they strike again

the one who were moving round told me they will go back today and come back to stay no meter what the owner will do
i don't know if he can stand in front of owner or not
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ussals(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Adewunmis: Pls there anybody who has nail w3a at 21dregree east wit 90cm in lagos recently,i've being tried trackin 4 day now but it not pumping at all.(11653 v 15714)
21E is not w3a, av trcked w3a here with 90cm bt never tried 21e, 21e is where arryadia2 is located, while w3a mbc2 n co.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
@ All, have any body tried using Vsat offset dish (1.8m to be precise) to track nilesat here in the east or in western Nigeria. Please do reply my post if there is any body. I have one that is wasting away for over two years though it doesn't have lnbf holder for now. Thanks as I look forward for reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
Locating where the focal point is could be the problem.anybody with the formula to calculate offset dish focal lenght?should kindly drop it.so that we can work on it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2012
Rextab:
w2a ATM only hs only 3 channels
Mgm
Afro Music
kidsco
ok o
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bisi12004: 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2012
New satellite to offer more DStv services

Pay-TV provider MultiChoice has announced that it will migrate its DStv services from its current satellites, IS10 and IS7, to a new satellite, IS20, by 1 October 2012; in a move that is set to see it offer more channels and services in future.

The IS20 satellite has a Southern African footprint and is expected to have a lifespan of approximately 15 years. It has 24 C-band and 60 Ku-band transponders. MultiChoice says it will use the Ku band for its direct-to-home television services. The satellite was launched on an Ariane rocket from French Guiana in South America on 2 August 2012.

“We have made a significant investment in this satellite and we will continue to invest in new technology,” said Collins Khumalo, chief executive of MultiChoice South Africa.

“We constantly innovate to improve the DStv viewing experience as we want our customers to have access to the best entertainment delivered through the best technology available,” Khumalo added.

The increased capacity on the new satellite will enable MultiChoice to expand its High Definition (HD) offering; and add more channels and services.

Six Standard Definition (SD) and seven HD channels are planned to be added to DStv on 1 October 2012, taking to 14 the total number of HD channels on DStv.

The additional HD channels include two from NBC Universal: Studio Universal and Universal and five MNet Movie channels.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2012
Greetings brothers
5 lnbs left ph for Lagos this morning including the Samson.Lagos get ready for Showtime.happy testing cheers
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2012
obnelly: Locating where the focal point is could be the problem.anybody with the formula to calculate offset dish focal lenght?should kindly drop it.so that we can work on it.

There are many A level mathematical explanations on the net, which since I am bad at maths I couldnt figure out. If you are like me, you might find the explanation and free downloadable program for calculating F/D for offset dishes useful here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/719229
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
obnelly: Locating where the focal point is could be the problem.anybody with the formula to calculate offset dish focal lenght?should kindly drop it.so that we can work on it.
@ Obnelly, locating the focal point would't be a problem. Sometime ago I did measured the length of the lnbf holder from a certain bank. I only want to know if anybody have tried using it on fringe satellite especially nilesat in Nigeria though not from northern states.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ikiriye: Greetings brothers
5 lnbs left ph for Lagos this morning including the Samson.Lagos get ready for Showtime.happy testing cheers

@Ikiriye,
Welldone for that. Now it is Lagos' turn to handle the jewels.
This weekend, lets see what gives at their end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.