Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,641 members, 7,851,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5475132 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
@All.
For those in the east who has been clamouring for star times. I can authoritatively confirm dat STAR TIMES in now in Enugu. Saw dem now off-loading a trailer load of their receivers at their office (Asata chemist bus-stop, ogui road, enugu.). Though i was in a hurry, but heard something like #5900 for the receiver wit 2 months free and #1000 for the monthly subscription. But will later go and inquire fully. Will keep the house posted.

NB: am not one of dem. Just updating the house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2012
habibtarkegn: Guys please please I beg please am from ethiopia
how can I watch stv2, Tv3, Gtv, MBC3 RTS,
TVmadagasca mbc, which satelite and what type of
dish and lnb and receiver(mpeg2 or mpeg4) and the
tp please hear in ethiopia we only track arebsat and
nile sat if we ant to watch epl and ucl we have to
pay on sport cafe for dstv so please give us hop by
telling us the necessary tools to track thous chanells
I list above thanx in advance
These ur question(s) is what they call Jamb question in Nigeria. I gave u an answer on another thread. I'll just re-paste here.

Are u new to the satellite TV technology system? Anyway. U can get the listed channels on Ew3c. Check lygnsat for the map and coverage/footprint.

You need Mpeg4 receiver and any kind of ku band Lnbf will help u. MBC is not on the same satellite with stv2, RTS. Mbc3 is on ew3a, whilst Tv3, Gtv, are both on the Multitv package
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2012
somebody should please help me to comfirm if nollywood move and ctl africa is still on at amos5, 17e. I got them with 12335 v 29494 with 60cm dish,but they lasted for two day and disapear.please somebody in this great forum should help me with the working tp.thanks one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 6:56pm On Sep 21, 2012
They are gone,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2012
@Iklriye, Gorge D., Odible. Good job guys. Will these lnbs awaiting test perform well with 90cm dish? Soldier go, Soldier come Barracks remain. Fta 4ever.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben4reel: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
olenyi: @All.
For those in the east who has been clamouring for star times. I can authoritatively confirm dat STAR TIMES in now in Enugu. Saw dem now off-loading a trailer load of their receivers at their office (Asata chemist bus-stop, ogui road, enugu.). Though i was in a hurry, but heard something like #5900 for the receiver wit 2 months free and #1000 for the monthly subscription. But will later go and inquire fully. Will keep the house posted.

NB: am not one of dem. Just updating the house.
Interesting! Pls, keep the updates coming.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=seyi42k]HI guys, kindly assist.

type hitv in the search box below it'll direct you to the hitv thread..i also use hitv and i still watch fta channels...hope it's useful
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 12:29am On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=info.fta]@Iklriye, Gorge D., Odible. Good job guys. Will these lnbs awaiting test perform well with 90cm dish? Soldier go, Soldier come Barracks remain. Fta 4ever.[/quote
The lnbs are for fringe reception
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 1:58am On Sep 22, 2012
Some of the lnb shld work on 90cm.but receiving fringe reception might not possible. but yet nothing is impossible.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by satmaniac(m): 4:23am On Sep 22, 2012
toba: These ur question(s) is what they call Jamb question in Nigeria. I gave u an answer on another thread. I'll just re-paste here.

Are u new to the satellite TV technology system? Anyway. U can get the listed channels on Ew3c. Check lygnsat for the map and coverage/footprint.

You need Mpeg4 receiver and any kind of ku band Lnbf will help u. MBC is not on the same satellite with stv2, RTS. Mbc3 is on ew3a, whilst Tv3, Gtv, are both on the Multitv package
@toba, u should learn to be patient when dealin with ppl problems,some of us re here to be helped and in turn help other too.
The truth is he is not satisfied with your xplanation(s) in the other thread,so posting samething mixed with ur disapproval of his asking same question(s) isnt the right thing at all.
U think he is new to satellite tv?know that we all start from somewhere,and we still have a long way to go.
This is just an advice to u as a brother in satellite tv stuff,so dont take it personal,just let me know if I wrong u.cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 6:29am On Sep 22, 2012
hellow! Please if there is any biss code or new consistence and trusted technology that can unscramed sports(epl)and other channels,kindly email me @princechizy@gmail.com. For a good deal, Am using srt 4669x,thanks in anticipation, one love.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 6:29am On Sep 22, 2012
info.fta:
@Iklriye, Gorge D., Odible. Good job guys. Will these lnbs awaiting test perform well with 90cm dish? Soldier go, Soldier come Barracks remain. Fta 4ever.
. All the lnbs are designed for weak signal areas. Aside from inverto with c120 prime focus feed-horn other lnbs will work well on 90cm or offset antenna,as their high performance is on 90cm or other offset antennas et cetera et cetera.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ballamy: 6:38am On Sep 22, 2012
[quote author=ballamy]hellow! kindly email me @talk2princechizy@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by habibtarkegn: 10:57am On Sep 22, 2012
Lunsat: @all, I will be visiting Ethiopia this coming week. Are there any ethiopians in the house? Since Ethiopia is near the middle east whats the availability of FTA equipment in Addis?

Come on Ethipians! I am waiting! Or maybe there is no big deal about FTA there because you can get nilesat with a 0.9 db LNB on an offset frying pan?  grin
Bro am ethiopian can u share me what u get in ethiopia that help me to watch epl and ucl using mpeg2 decoder her is my email habibyo22@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayobarmy(m): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2012
Ikiriye:
Hey jackobite
Ph is cool the countdown has begun.cheers
... Hi bros am new in the house and i reside in ph too, abeg weting u go fit do for ur bro to watch fta like others, i have hitv dish and a mpeg2 decoder..... Thanks am aroud mile3...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2012
Waiting for the big bosses to blow us off the hook with a result.... Lnbs at war!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2012
All things being equal, i know by now the triple one LNBF testing project should be under way.our spirits are wit u guys as u try in ur little way to enrich our FTA experience. Hoping to start seeing the results from tomorrow on this thread. May the spirit of FTA be ur strenght. Bravo!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Wiserfool: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
satmaniac:
@toba, u should learn to be patient when dealin with ppl problems,some of us re here to be helped and in turn help other too.
The truth is he is not satisfied with your xplanation(s) in the other thread,so posting samething mixed with ur disapproval of his asking same question(s) isnt the right thing at all.
U think he is new to satellite tv?know that we all start from somewhere,and we still have a long way to go.
This is just an advice to u as a brother in satellite tv stuff,so dont take it personal,just let me know if I wrong u.cheers.
well said. this is what i have been arguing with him all along. i hope there will be some change.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
eh! yesterday i stick my neck to the owner resident in fact they were very very angry and well prepped for the rebels. The rebels are not behaving well at all....ah ah how can you be eating on some one farmland and also doing advert for your self every where as if you own it .one messenger from rebels power house (Anihc) came down here to see how his boys were been beating by the owner .and he went to owners house here yesterday to see what the owner is preparing for his children's. and rebels great man who is from Anihc were very very angry about how his boys were beating
in fact some of the rebels faces are not looking good at all.now only red boy and those who hide their weapons on cables are moving now.but the rebels leader told me they well surely come back

how true is that?will they? or they will run away just like that?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2012
sorry my brother GADUTOR my internet is always on 24/7 but i was not around i just saw it
and left you message see you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
no wonder the owner is given out his properties free of charge for hours now. Initially i tot it was the rebel doing his ting but out of curiosity, lo and behold, the owner is decided to bcome father christmas in september. They must rily b angry. Guess it all round battle.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 9:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
exactly 9:38pm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:28am On Sep 24, 2012
I Hacked: now only red boy and those who hide their weapons on cables are moving now.but the rebels leader told me they well surely come back

hmmm ¤ the rebels leader must be playing with his services and lines,he can can put it back if he wants to_as there are no weapon formed by the owners against the rebels can prosper..but why should the rebels eat the fruit of owners labor¤ on the owners backyard
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2012
The owner refuse to acknowledge his {kinsman}so if the kinsmen saw the rebel approaches the vineyard they will n't warn the owner of the danger ahead!if red man and other expendable survive the assault launch then rebel will rule for longtime as previously did, gasi kia bawala!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2012
I Hacked: eh! yesterday i stick my neck to the owner resident in fact they were very very angry and well prepped for the rebels. The rebels are not behaving well at all....ah ah how can you be eating on some one farmland and also doing advert for your self every where as if you own it .one messenger from rebels power house (Anihc) came down here to see how his boys were been beating by the owner .and he went to owners house here yesterday to see what the owner is preparing for his children's. and rebels great man who is from Anihc were very very angry about how his boys were beating
in fact some of the rebels faces are not looking good at all.now only red boy and those who hide their weapons on cables are moving now.but the rebels leader told me they well surely come back

I've been saying it behind the scenes with some gurus, why should the rebels always advertise their moves as if they own it? This is tough time for the rebels, they should strategize and try to be obscure.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hancock(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2012
are u guys speaking in parables, high on something or just acting silly sad grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
hancock: are u guys speaking in parables, high on something or just acting silly sad grin
Big bro's hope you knew the thread that you are? This is not auto-mobile yard/spare parts thread pls insult is not allowed here! MR POWERFUL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hancock(m): 5:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
Jackobite: Big bro's hope you knew the thread that you are? This is not auto-mobile yard/spare parts thread pls insult is not allowed here! MR POWERFUL
yes sir. i know the thread i am in as the title rightly spells it out. what i dont understand is the last 4 posts which i clearly asked if they were speaking in parables or just acting silly to derail the thread. they could as well make use of private messages to pass any information among themselves without drawing attention to themselves.

PS. i dont deal or stay in automobile yard/spare parts as you stated. nairaland is a public forum which i visit once in a while to learn and enlighten myself on issues and happenings on all the different forums it has.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
^
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
Greetings my fellow fta brothers,the much awaited,talked about project was concluded yesternight at 7:33pm.it will surprise you to know that myself and Sammu did our best to get the result.
3.6m pan dish and srt 4930hd receiver was used for this testing and the lnbs purchased from UK are inverto red classic 0.3db with flange,inverto black ultra 0.2db,spitfire 0.1db and avengers 0.1db.I included our local echosat 0.1db and am using this medium to introduce to you guys Samson 0.3db.
The results are stated below;

BADR 4,5,6
frequency
ECHOSAT
11919H 66%
12130V 61%
11977V 68%

AVENGER
11919H 63%

INVERTO BLACK ULTRA
11919H 50%

INVERTO RED CLASSIC FLANGE
11919H 62%

SAMSON
11919H 69%

YAHSAT

ECHOSAT
12168H 60%

SPITFIRE
12168H 0%

AVENGERS
12168H 56%

INVERTO ULTRA BLACK
12168H 0%

12168H 61%

SAMSON
12168H 70%

NILESAT

ECHOSAT
11976V 70%
11957H
11784V 68%

AVENGERS
11976V 66%
11957H 64%
11784V 66%

SPITFIRE
11976V 54%
11957H
11784V 54%

INVERTO ULTRA BLACK
11976V 58%
11957H
11784V 59%

11976V 64%
11957H
11784V 63%

SAMSON
11976V 70%
11957H
11784V 70%

Gentle men,from the analysis so far from Port-Harcourt zone,the avenger and inverto red classic flange are worth the stress giving that the avenger lnb throat was not cut otherwise we would have recorded an increase in signal say +3%.
pictures coming soon cheers all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
Choi !! It has finally started. My salute to u guys once more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
welldone Ikiriye and Sammu.Among the four or six lnbs i think samson is the best in signal performance.None of the european and american lnbs were able to withstand samson.Based on your research result I still vote samson ,next is echosat.
Also the decibel 0.1,0.2 and 0.3 doesnt count in signal performances,on a good day 0.1db suppose to do the magic but 0.3db carried the day,so rating lnb based on db is not the way forward for fringe receptions.

long throat or short throat lnb isnt the solution most lnb are designed base on the f/d of the dish ,so different lnb is meant for different f/d for better signal performance.

Also ,we do incur some errors during dish installation and satellite tracking with most dish lnbs,even if you have the right lnb with the right f/d for the dish you may under illuminate or over illuminate the signal converged at the focal point their by making your lnb to over perform or under perform.Also we do fail to perfectly aligned dishes to satellites. since we dont have right spectrum analyser /equipment we cant tell if we are on the arc where the satellite is,without all these in place we cant tell how good or bad an lnb performances are.

once again thumb up for you guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.