Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5428806 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 9:20am On Dec 28, 2019
Join me on page 2000.
FTA thread has really helped me. When I was broke, I was able to get going through the knowledge I acquired from here in the past 10 years. Also, I have been able to impact some people too with the little I acquired from here, thanks to the founding fathers of this great thread.
Happy New year in advance to everyone.
Long live FTA thread! long live Nairaland!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mujaya1(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2019
Ameboperoo:
Join me on page 2000.
FTA thread has really helped me. When I was broke, I was able to get going through the knowledge I acquired from here in the past 10 years. Also, I have been able to impact some people too with the little I acquired from here, thanks to the founding fathers of this great thread.
long live nairaland, best forum to nigeria , we had learn so much.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by united4men: 10:15am On Dec 28, 2019
united4men:
Hello house, I came across this decoder Uniquesat 2090plus with wifi, I want to know if it is a good decoder

Response pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:22am On Dec 28, 2019
ManirBK:
Hello house pls is Yayi tv still active?
It is active same way Buhari is active in Nigeria today.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abdoulng(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2019
CNN Platinum sport Ghallywood others on 11015 V 30000 intelsat 28 @32.8E

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sholey4love: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2019
Please house is there an Android TV box that also have access to free to air stations. If there is please what's the name. I need it. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2019
sholey4love:
Please house is there an Android TV box that also have access to free to air stations. If there is please what's the name. I need it. Thanks

I know of Mecool ki Pro or kiii Pro they are good hydrid decoder.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
sholey4love:
yes GT media box
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fabem(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ameboperoo:
Join me on page 2000.

My best thread on nairaland. I have learnt alot. Long live FTA! Long live Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olawaleejiko: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
abdoulng:
CNN
Platinum sport
Ghallywood
others on 11015 V 30000 intelsat 28 @32.8E
Please what is the lnb skew facing the dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jessewizy(m): 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
We still dey here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
RealYaks:
Hello house,
Did tstv start selling their decoders? If yes, what's the price please? And is there any dealer here?
Tstv is dead and buried.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
NIGCOMSAT off for some days now, is it only me or its general
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pryncipal: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
sauceEEP:
NIGCOMSAT off for some days now, is it only me or its general.
Active...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by martinz1: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
sauceEEP:
it has never been off, rather ur setup might have shaked or moved due to wind
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
FTA rules,learnt all my tracking skills here........
Page 2000,I have registered here oooo .....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 4:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
martinz1:

it has never been off, rather ur setup might have shaked or moved due to wind
TP please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Good pm everybody. pls I need 1.8m dish , if anyone have it for sale , should pls let me know .Especially in Benin city
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mfunkynation(m): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
sauceEEP:
It's ACTIve
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
2k page i was here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
FTA still waxing stronger .I registered my post on page 2000

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aizenosa(m): 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
abdoulng:
CNN
Platinum sport
Ghallywood
others on 11015 V 30000 intelsat 28 @32.8E

Please can I track this with a spare lnb, my dish is 90cm and currently tracking nigcomsat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mohlanforex: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
I'm using strong srt 4950, what happens if the software expired will I still be able to view HD channels or not...

I'm confuse and don't know what will happen if the software of this decoder expired, what will become of HD channels....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
sholey4love:

There's this particular one I'm watching here in Paris, France but I think it's in built into the TV.

The app is called Smart TV app with over 5000 channels.

I'll ask my host how he did it. But the TV is a smart TV with 4k features, cos I've tried downloading SmartTV app on regular Android TV box but non is working.

All the channels are available, but don't know if it's free.

The network ISP is Orange France and it's super fast. They operate on 4G+ with speed of light.

All countries have channels featured and since my Arrival in Paris on 24th December, I've been watching Nigeria channels.

Will snap some images.

All RMC sports are live here
All beIN sports are live here.

See attached images

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
More images.

At background is live Norwich City vs Tottenham at 2-1 Live.

You can see Nigerian channels are up to 62, which includes Dove TV, Ebony Life TV, AIT, TVC, Channels TV, 3 Nollywood Channels etc

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mourino: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hello house, hello great people. Page 2000 #issagoal #ftaRuLEs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:11pm On Dec 28, 2019
My insatiable quest for satellite knowledge coupled with a driving desire to break free from the
clutches of payTV led me to nairaland and eventually I stumbled on the official FTA thread (part 1).
The likes of olofofo, badaru, microgiant, olason, F-marshal, adex70, blexxonmak, Dejsam,
enitan, Evans Ghanney, Gadotor, ikiriye, jujukemist, obnelly, borderline, twinsoris, tox naija,
including adewest who single handedly pulled down nilesat signals (BBC, CNN, Aljazeera, etc) with
a 2.4m pan dish in Lagos at a time when other installers were struggling to make headway even
with 3m. Not forgetting butsoneday, the undisputed king of sat who raised the BUD bar with a 5m
monster installation. Also, twinstaiye, Pidzo, sathob, freshp, jayron, enigma, twinskenny,
ameboperoo, bodejohn, pitodenze, sayso, Maddox, illish, arelukman, pofolo, esuo, odilibe and
others too numerous to mention...
We rode the waves together, through the Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (parts 1 - 5) and
when that thread was finally closed we moved on to the Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread.
It's been an exciting decade of learnings. A time in history never to be forgotten.
And now as we move on into the new year, may our journey take us to places never before explored.
As the old gives way to the new, I hope new members and others yet to join will be proud to have
their names mentioned among the great ones who helped to keep the FTA fire burning.
Break the myth, dispel the belief, YOU KNOW YOU CAN!!!

9 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
GeorgeD1:
My insatiable quest for satellite knowledge coupled with a driving desire to break free from the
clutches of payTV led me to nairaland and eventually I stumbled on the official FTA thread (part 1).
The likes of olofofo, badaru, microgiant, olason, F-marshal, adex70, blexxonmak, Dejsam,
enitan, Evans Ghanney, Gadotor, ikiriye, jujukemist, obnelly, borderline, twinsoris, tox naija,
including adewest who single handedly pulled down nilesat signals (BBC, CNN, Aljazeera, etc) with
a 2.4m pan dish in Lagos at a time when other installers were struggling to make headway even
with 3m. Not forgetting butsoneday, the undisputed king of sat who raised the BUD bar with a 5m
monster installation. Also, twinstaiye, Pidzo, sathob, freshp, jayron, enigma, twinskenny,
ameboperoo, bodejohn, pitodenze, sayso, Maddox, illish, arelukman, pofolo, esuo, odilibe and
We rode the waves together, through the Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (parts 1 - 5) and
when that thread was finally closed we moved on to the Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread.
It's been an exciting decade of learnings. A time in history never to be forgotten.
And now as we move on into the new year, may our journey take us to places never before explored.
As the old gives way to the new, I hope new members and others yet to join will be proud to have
their names mentioned among the great ones who helped to keep the FTA fire burning.

Yes!! I know I can

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
GeorgeD1:

How exciting is it to see that GeorgeD, the Guru of sat himself is still very much around!
Twale for the oga patapata of FTA.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Page 2000 here we go again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
davodyguy:
More images.

At background is live Norwich City vs Tottenham at 2-1 Live.

You can see Nigerian channels are up to 62, which includes Dove TV, Ebony Life TV, AIT, TVC, Channels TV, 3 Nollywood Channels etc

This is wat i need. Naija wen
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
GeorgeD1:

The Boss and all the Boss mentioned

This post is worth quoting

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.