Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444532 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Redomi(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Smart TV has been in Nigeria a very long time ago. some few years ago, surebet247 were giving to their agents at subsidized rate to help in viewing virtual games.
Timbuktu14 will shed more light
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
davodyguy:

I'm not sure any of our Network can support it as of now.

Our own '4g LTE' is comparable to 3.75g of other nations.

It's going to be terrible in Nigeria

It's a 5G device but it still has 4G LTE and 3G bands with two antennas for low coverage area.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2019
davodyguy:

My brother, I agree it's our land.

I can't leave Nigeria now cause I have a business and staff are under my employment with monthly salaries. However for those who are not in that position and seeking good life for themselves and kids, it's best you migrate.

I'm sure Danfo Driver's must have showed u pepper before.

I'm sure you must have gone to the hospital with Doctors giving you excuses or you hear Doctors on strike.

I'm Police may have said 'wetin you carry before'

I'm sure roads leading to your house must be bad.

I'm sure you have a generator or inverter because of epileptic power supply.

I'm sure your GSM network provider may have ripped you off before or bad network

These are things that are not available in developed countries.

I do shed tears when I see people suffer and pray daily for people to enjoy good life in Nigeria.

I cry when driving from my house to the Island via 3rd Mainland Bridge with kids Hawking sachet water.

Even on this thread, I see how people crave for premium TV channels and are relying on FTA just because they may not be able to afford ₦14,000 per month Paytv.

Here's the difference. With €15 per month, you get super fast internet unlimited and you'll be earning about €3000 a month as Salary. Do the conversation at ₦407 exchange rate

In Nigeria, Ntel sells unlimited for ₦17,000 and you'll still have poor coverage. Someone earning ₦50,000 a month, from which he would take transportation, buy fuel in generator, Pay IKEDC or EKEDC, pay security levy and pay taxes, how would he get good quality life?

That's why I'm upset with the system in Nigeria
ManirBK will not agree with this post,Buhari is turning Nigeria to Dubai.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RealYaks: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
ManirBK will not agree with this post,Buhari is turning Nigeria to Dubai.

Because his name is Manor? Tribalism Sentiment keeyu there!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by united4men: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
united4men:
Hello house, I came across this decoder Uniquesat 2090plus with wifi, I want to know if it is a good decoder

Please o, still waiting for your response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
IYGEAL:
Nigeria's problem can be summarized with four key areas - slow/fluctuating internet, disheartening power supply, near-total insecurity and corruption.

Unfortunately, if you bring that TV over here, it would be almost useless because ISPs here can't supply the kind of data speed a true 4K channel requires to run. In fact, if they could do that, of course some of us who can afford data would do away with anything dish and fully embrace IPTV.

I ordered for Netgear's Nighthawk M2 mobile Wi-Fi capable of downloading files at 2GBs/s, but who has witnessed a download speed of up to 50MBs/s in this country? I just ordered it with 'future' in my mind, plus it's unlocked and can accept any SIM with appropriate bands, so I can use it if I eventually leave these shores.

This is the state of our country. A sad one.

You're not nice grin grin grin

2GBs vs 50MBs naija our naija
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
spartacus11:

You're not nice grin grin grin

2GBs vs 50MBs naija our naija

But, seriously, what's the fastest download speed anyone ever witnessed in Nigeria? I haven't seen anything above 1.9mb/s I did with MTN.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Penuelseun(m): 7:10am On Dec 31, 2019
IYGEAL:

But, seriously, what's the fasted download speed anyone ever witnessed in Nigeria? I haven't seen anything above 1.9mb/s I did with MTN.
I have seen up to 5mb/s with glo and 8mb/s with mtn

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2019
Penuelseun:
I have seen up to 5mb/s with glo and 8mb/s with mtn

Wow. Lucky you!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spartacus11(m): 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
IYGEAL:

But, seriously, what's the fasted download speed anyone ever witnessed in Nigeria? I haven't seen anything above 1.9mb/s I did with MTN.

grin grin grin grin till then lets be managing our dish, our network providers are enjoying free money bcus they are not even providing the best of service but they charge premium price to give us snail speed network

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
Leon2dgh:
Good pm everybody. pls I need 1.8m dish , if anyone have it for sale , should pls let me know .
call me on 07033543115 or WhatsApp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sholey4love: 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2019
Please house, I want to know if it is possible to connect two decoder to one dish so that I can share y dish with my neighbor. If possible how.

I also want to know if its possible to use two different make of decoder to one dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
sholey4love:
Please house, I want to know if it is possible to connect two decoder to one dish so that I can share y dish with my neighbor. If possible how.

I also want to know if its possible to use two different make of decoder to one dish.
Very possible but you'll need a dual lnb for it to work...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Seyilome(m): 1:16am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to you friends

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 2:08am On Jan 01, 2020
Seyilome:
Happy new year to you friends
happy new year to all the house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Leon2dgh: 8:23am On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year to everybody in the house. please I am in need of 1.8m dish if u are in Benin city , used one
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2020
Please help. my V8 finder is displaying short circuit protection and doesn't give signal strength when connected to LNB.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2020
pls help my GTmedia
V8 finder is displaying short circuit protection and doesn't give signal strength when connected to LNB.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Christgalaxy(m): 11:15am On Jan 02, 2020
Slapel:
pls help my GTmedia
V8 finder is displaying short circuit protection and doesn't give signal strength when connected to LNB.
The finder tuner has got a problem
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2020
what d solution to d finder tuner... pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2020
4m plus fibre dish for sale in Ekiti, call/whatsapp 08035557210

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sholey4love: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2020
Please house in need setting for joy TV
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please does anybody know the new position of TBN, they were previously on 22°w.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SayDeeJay: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Happy New Year to you ALL.

Please, I need where I can nail free Channels TV with 1.8m dish in Abuja.
The Channels24 on 8W I nailed is 1hour behind Nigeria programme schedule.

Thank you all.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by muyis4real: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Pls I need a help I can track 28/26e, 42e, 32e but I want to attach then together using one dish but I find it difficult to do so (i want to combine them together in one dish) I need help please house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Morning to you all...please I need someone to enlighten me on reverse track installation.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 10:50am On Jan 04, 2020
muyis4real:
Pls I need a help I can track 28/26e, 42e, 32e but I want to attach then together using one dish but I find it difficult to do so (i want to combine them together in one dish) I need help please house
. Make 26/28 your primary,32e above then 42east above offtv@32.8east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by eerekake(m): 6:22am On Jan 05, 2020
House happy new year. Where has celebration tv gone to? I couldn't find it in 68.5'east(church channels) even after blindscan. Can someone help,please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 1:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
Happy New year to you all. May 2020 be good for all of us.

My first post here this year, since returning from Istanbul/Paris on Friday.

For those having their dishes positioned statically on 9e and craving for English FA cup matches,

Check out this frequency 12.054H 27500 2/3

There's a channel that will broadcast some matches today. Check around 3:00pm WAT

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
H265 decoder users better dey for okro soup o.because 7.00k eastern time people will start to dance.if u know u know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.