Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5429165 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

You can try ABS 3A at 3.0°W There are channels currently there to meet your needs, besides the documentaries.

There is a carton station there,
Foreign movie station
Africa movie station
Also a music channel.

Tracking frequency

10972 V 30000

Thanks man. Means I'll turn my dish to the opposite side from astra 2f? I am really beginning to enjoy this DIY instructions. The feeling of achievement when you have successfully attained your quest is unimaginable. My investment in a sat finder is proving to be a good idea grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Feshizzy(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Willokafor:
How can i connect two decorder/receiver from one diseq output to the receivers :
I. E one receiver for solar the second one is for electricity

Get twin lnbf and two diseqc,
Problem Solved

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:21am On Sep 27, 2020
arbourboateng:
Glad to see they are monitoring the forum...fta forever

Bro, we're still all together. One love

VIVA FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Both must also be on the same polarity.

NOPE.. just the Same Satellite channels.
For example, if you're watching channels on multi TV position on decoder one. Then you have to be watching channels on multi TV position on decoder two. Irrespective of the polarity, it works. But just a 2 percent signal drop is what you will notice.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:03am On Sep 27, 2020
waleayeni1:

Thanks man. Means I'll turn my dish to the opposite side from astra 2f? I am really beginning to enjoy this DIY instructions. The feeling of achievement when you have successfully attained your quest is unimaginable. My investment in a sat finder is proving to be a good idea grin

Yeah that's it my bro. It's really puts you at the driver's seat ... Makes you have the feel of being your own Service provider.

The sat finder is an absolute because it makes things not only easier and faster but so much more flexible.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by giggspro(m): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2020
any fta installer in onitsha pls I need you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

That's interesting to know. Two good years with no complications. Wow!!

But this is still not advisable sha
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

But this is still not advisable sha

I totally agree with you. But on the other hand, it could just be a temporary fix, to someone who knows how to manage it efficiently. Till the person really have the time and resources or financial ability .To get the necessary tools for a more flexible configuration.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

Definitely you can. But let me point out one downside to this configuration.

If decoder A is on and you decide to put on decoder B, and each are in two different satellite channels. Then the signal to decoder B will not come up.

But if decoder A and B channels are on the same satellite position . Both channels signal will be stable.

For example you are watching Joy TV @28.2 degree on decoder A , and someone else decides to watch MBC2 @42.5 degree east through decoder B. The signal will not come up because there is a conflict.

However, if the two decoders will not be on at the same time, it works or if both decoders will be on the same satellite channels, it will also work as well without any conflict.

So it boils down to how comfortable the person using feels about it or ready to make that compromise.

I dare the above set up has never worked!

You cannot mix or send vertical polarity and horizontal polarity at same time on different receivers on same lnb cable... this will confuse the lnb...and jam v/h pol between between the two receivers..following a conflict that will power off the receiver or disable the receiver tuner. ..even if you track 2 satetlites with same lnb on same satellite dish on different sat position example 17 and 16east the receiver will see it at same sat position cos no diseqc is needed on the kind of set up....so it is not a satellite position and channel issue as you said...

This can only work on different transponders with same polarity irrespective of satellites on same diseqc switch or not etc..
Otherwise the set up can damage weak receivers tuner!!

T Type f connector is not made for satellite dish.. receiver to lnb installation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by life707: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
odilibe:

I dare the above set up has never worked!

You cannot mix or send vertical polarity and horizontal polarity at same time on different receivers on same lnb cable... this will confuse the lnb...and jam v/h pol between between the two receivers..following a conflict that will power off the receiver or disable the receiver tuner. ..even if you track 2 satetlites with same lnb on same satellite dish on different sat position example 17 and 16east the receiver will see it at same sat position cos no diseqc is needed on the kind of set up....so it is not a satellite position and channel issue as you said...

This can only work on different transponders with same polarity irrespective of satellites on same diseqc switch or not etc..
Otherwise the set up can damage weak receivers tuner!!

T Type f connector is not made for satellite dish.. receiver to lnb installation

Even the same satellite, it has to be the same transponder.
Same polarity but different transponder wont work from my experience.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
Digitman:

Definitely you can. But let me point out one downside to this configuration.

If decoder A is on and you decide to put on decoder B, and each are in two different satellite channels. Then the signal to decoder B will not come up.

But if decoder A and B channels are on the same satellite position . Both channels signal will be stable.

For example you are watching Joy TV @28.2 degree on decoder A , and someone else decides to watch MBC2 @42.5 degree east through decoder B. The signal will not come up because there is a conflict.

However, if the two decoders will not be on at the same time, it works or if both decoders will be on the same satellite channels, it will also work as well without any conflict.

So it boils down to how comfortable the person using feels about it or ready to make that compromise.

Thanks for the explanation. So it is advisable to join the cables manually. I was afraid there'd be noise or reduction in signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
hello will this feeds be trackable? on 10E and 7E for football i keep seeing online
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Happy Chicken Sunday fellas,

Please which of the Satellites is hosting all bet9ja virtual games?
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
1kinggy:

Thanks for the explanation. So it is advisable to join the cables manually. I was afraid there'd be noise or reduction in signal.

Bro the only personal tested and trusted advice on this issue of multiple decoder usage. That I can stand for anytime, any day. Is changing all the LNB from the existing single to dual LNB.

Whatever comment I made on the issue of joining wires is just for educational purposes. It was never my idea or advice but that of someone else here.

I believe he will be in the best position to advice you if it is a risk worth taking in practicality.

But will I do it for myself? No!!
Will I ask anyone to do it for their self? No!!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
lincolnola:

Thanks

Satellite – SES 5

Frequency – 11919

Symbol Rate – 27500

Polarization – Horizontal

Longitude – 4.8 degrees East

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 4:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
lincolnola:

Thanks

Accessbet Frequency

Satellite – ABS 3A

Frequency – 11168

Symbol Rate – 30000

Longitude – 3 degree West

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
hello who has AFN keys on 5east cband PowerVu ??

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
waleayeni1:

How much did u buy the sat finder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Feshizzy:

Get twin lnbf and two diseqc,
Problem Solved
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Willokafor(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
ogbeh44:
Sorry for the late reply. This is the setup I used for one of my clients for the past two years now and it is still working fine.
rhanks man, what if the decorders are one at the same time, won't there be an electrical problem affecting the receivers or signal fluctuations.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Willokafor:
rhanks man, what if the decorders are one at the same time, won't there be an electrical problem affecting the receivers or signal fluctuations.

Bro they say majority wins the vote. So if you are running it on a small apartment, majority advice for you to just get a DUAL/ TWIN/ DOUBLE PIN LNB/ TWO DISEQ SWITCH TO ACHIEVE A RELIABLE AND PEACE OF MIND SET UP. BUT IF YOU ARE EMBARKING ON A LARGER OR COMMERCIAL BUILDING SET UP. THEN USE A MULTISWITCH.

Anything other than that is at your own risk because that's the only tested and trusted proven ways to run/ install such a setup on a small or larger scale. I REST MY CASE.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
Digitman:

Accessbet Frequency

Satellite – ABS 3A

Frequency – 11168

Symbol Rate – 30000

Longitude – 3 degree West

Is Bet9ja virtual on 7e too?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2020
lincolnola:

Is Bet9ja virtual on 7e too?

Below is the frequency and satellite position I gave you for Bet9ja

Satellite – SES 5

Frequency – 11919

Symbol Rate – 27500

If there is any currently existing in 7 degree, I can't say for now. However, if you already have 7 degree east dish installed. Then you can just run a blind scan and see if it pops up. Then update the house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2020
Yes but it will not open hd channels but you can still watch nigcomsat on it but upgrade to hd or multistream decoder
Edox4:
I have this 4669x decoder. All channels on it are Ghanian channels. Is there a way I can get other channels aside this Ghanian channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Digitman:

Below is the frequency and satellite position I gave you for Bet9ja

Satellite – SES 5

Frequency – 11919

Symbol Rate – 27500

If there is any currently existing in 7 degree, I can't say for now. However, if you already have 7 degree east dish installed. Then you can just run a blind scan and see if it pops up. Then update the house.

Thanks Digitman, I would have you see this picture.
I have 7e on white Dstv 85cm dish but it's not popping up.Though the bet9ja dish is 90cm blue type

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 11:18am On Sep 29, 2020
hi, just tracked AFn on ses5E cband powervu, will d keys for afn on 9E work for it also??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
linsk:
hi, just tracked AFn on ses5E cband powervu, will d keys for afn on 9E work for it also??

Most people in this group have moved to Telegram answers are rarely given here.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by linsk(m): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
adubam:

how to reach you guys there? any link?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
adubam:

Bro, are you sure about that?

I'm still part of the 'most people' but have not moved smiley

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2020
GeorgeD1:

Bro, are you sure about that?

I'm still part of the 'most people' but have not moved smiley

I know a lot of names here that are in the Telegram Group. Compare the rate of activities before and now you would understand what I meant.

I am not here to give any link. Seun should try and either upgrade Nairaland or sell it to investors that will make it up to modern standard.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
adubam:

I know a lot of names here that are in the Telegram Group. Compare the rate of activities before and now you would understand what I meant.

I am not here to give any link. Seun should try and either upgrade Nairaland or sell it to investors that will make it up to modern standard.

That was on a lighter note, bro.

I seriously agree with you. Nairaland is overdue for a makeover but I think Seun is trying to be overly conservative.
Recall that in 2014 the website suffered a massive attack that brought it nearly to its knees and I guess he is just
being careful not to allow that happen again...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.