Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5436014 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Lol. Yeah I understand perfectly.

My bro I don see where many guys nearly panel beat an installer. During those days when Qsat was still very hot. See as men just seat down for living room dey Wait for the installation to be complete. Before then, the installer mouth dey wide reach back as they where asking him about the possibility of all the matches they intend watching that day. Long story short. My guy on decoder, put simcard, move to sport station. Channel nor open, time dey go, still channel nor open. The client provoke, na so other guys for the house buy the matter, when dey hear how much the client spend yet the reason behind the money spent was not visible. Fortunately for the installer, it was my neighborhood, so I had to quickly rush to my house to get my Dstv to enable them watch the match for that day. Just to pacify the situation. Meanwhile the installer don already collect some hot slap, from two die hard football fans in the house. Each time I remember such a day, I choose my words carefully when Making input on live sports.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by harizonal123(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Cheny:

This should help;

Is it still possible to put 7e under 16 in this setup?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davit: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Abeg any installer around Lekki/agungi Ajah axis? I don't need installers coming from far distance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

My bro I don see where many guys nearly panel beat an installer. During those days when Qsat was still very hot. See as men just seat down for living room dey Wait for the installation to be complete. Before then, the installer mouth dey wide reach back as they where asking him about the possibility of all the matches they intend watching that day. Long story short. My guy on decoder, put simcard, move to sport station. Channel nor open, time dey go, still channel nor open. The client provoke, na so other guys for the house buy the matter, when dey hear how much the client spend yet the reason behind the money spent was not visible. Fortunately for the installer, it was my neighborhood, so I had to quickly rush to my house to get my Dstv to enable them watch the match for that day. Just to pacify the situation. Meanwhile the installer don already collect some hot slap, from two die hard football fans in the house. Each time I remember such a day, I choose my words carefully when Making input on live sports.
This is hilarious
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...... Omor, the days of Qsat, Azsky, Tcam, many Intallers hear am to be honest.
Well, in the South and South East, what was invogue was Sunwin Decoders that was used to decrypt the signals of local cable operators pirating ART prime Sports, Show Sports, Star World and Co from the middle East.
It was just a terrestrial decoder with antenna receiving more than. 30 premium channels from the middle East, no hassles, no dish, no network wahala. all that changed with the shift from analogue to digital though.
It lasted for more than 7years, watching premium channels for absolutely nothing. (illegally)
i was shocked to later hear that people in Lagos and the west didn't even experience this.
Well time flies.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
davit:
Abeg any installer around Lekki/agungi Ajah axis? I don't need installers coming from far distance.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davit: 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
Where are you based?
emmaniche:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...... Omor, the days of Qsat, Azsky, Tcam, many Intallers hear am to be honest.
Well, in the South and South East, what was invogue was Sunwin Decoders that was used to decrypt the signals of local cable operators pirating ART prime Sports, Show Sports, Star World and Co from the middle East.
It was just a terrestrial decoder with antenna receiving more than. 30 premium channels from the middle East, no hassles, no dish, no network wahala. all that changed with the shift from analogue to digital though.
It lasted for more than 7years, watching premium channels for absolutely nothing. (illegally)
i was shocked to later hear that people in Lagos and the west didn't even experience this.
Well time flies.

My guy nor be small thing back then, imagine someone calling your phone close to twelve midnight. You go even think say him get better thing to discuss. Only for him to say " this my decoder just stopped working while I was watching it " jeez I provoke.. Then I replied with sleeping voice but yet annoyance in my voice " are you paying for subscription ? He said no. Then I replied why are you complaining after using only 5k to enjoy those stations for more than six months. For what people pay huge amount to watch? The guy silent.

Funny enough, a friend back then, told me how someone was stupid enough to call D...tv customer care number. Asking them Why his azsky was not working. My bro that one off me, I nearly hit my car for pole. Because it was too hilarious to imagine how that call went between the guy and the customer care agent. Lol!!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
I have the choice of choosing between a regular Dstv Decoder and A HD Dstv Decoder.

I like to be educated about the difference between both. Someone is offering me an HD Decoder but I've never used it before unlike the regular Dstv decoder I'm accustomed to.

I like to know the difference between the two

Please educate me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:
I have the choice of choosing between a regular Dstv Decoder and A HD Dstv Decoder.

I like to be educated about the difference between both. Someone is offering me an HD Decoder but I've never used it before unlike the regular Dstv decoder I'm accustomed to.

Please educate me

HD Decoder is High Definition Decoder and usually has an HDMI interface which display in picture and sound up to 1080p and has a better picture quality than the Regular SD decoder.

With HD Decoder you can watch mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4 content while SD decoders are limited to SD or Mpeg 2 to 4 contents and can't display HD content s.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:

Please educate me

The HD Decoder gives crisp clear images and most channels are in Full HD 1080p. It's better
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
adubam:

HD Decoder is High Definition Decoder and usually has an HDMI interface which display in picture and sound up to 1080p and has a better picture quality than the Regular SD decoder.

With HD Decoder you can watch mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4 content while SD decoders are limited to SD or Mpeg 2 to 4 contents and can't display HD content s.

Wow. Thanks. I'm buying it first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the information

Thanks alot for educating me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:

Please educate me

If by regular you mean those silver coloured type, Or the type that does not have an HDMI port at the back? If yes..

Then one major difference between what you are used to and the HD type. Is that the hd type gives you a more clearer picture quality when connected to your TV, through the HDMI port at the back of the decoder.

simply put, with the HD decoder you have the ability to Watch Dstv channels in HD video format.. Which is clearer, as against your regular Dstv decoder ( silver coloured type/ none hdmi port at the back) which you are only limited to watching the channels in SD video format. Because it's only Av enabled from factory.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

The HD Decoder gives crisp clear images and most channels are in Full HD 1080p. It's better

Wow. Thanks for the brilliant insight. You made my day. I'm getting it

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

If by regular you mean those silver coloured type, Or the type that does not have an HDMI port at the back If yes..

Then one major difference between what you are used to and the HD type. Is that the hd type gives you a more clearer picture quality when connected to your TV, through the HDMI port at the back of the decoder.

simply put, with the HD decoder you have the ability to Watch Dstv channels in HD video format.. Which is clearer, as against your regular Dstv decoder ( silver coloured type/ none hdmi port at the back) which you are only limited to watching the channels in SD video format. Because it's only Av enabled from factory.

I find this immensely resourceful. I was offered to purchase a dark coloured HD Decoder. With the professional breakdown and analysis I've received so far, I'm definitely getting it

I really appreciate the time you spent in attending to my request

Thanks alot
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:

I find this immensely resourceful. I was offered to purchase a dark coloured HD Decoder. With the professional breakdown and analysis I've received so far, I'm definitely getting it

I really appreciate the time you spent in attending to my request

Thanks alot

I forgot to add that the Hd type, scans faster when compared to the old type. You can imagine how long it takes for regular decoders (old type to scan) .. Well the HD type kind of accelerated that process
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

I forgot to add that the Hd type, scans faster when compared to the old type. You can imagine how long it takes for regular decoders (old type to scan) .. Well the HD type kind of accelerated that process

That's true. Hahahahahahahahaha I recall how pained I felt at the slow scamming process of my previous decoders
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 4:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:

That's true. Hahahahahahahahaha I recall how pained I felt at the slow scamming process of my previous decoders

Yeah Yeah. It can be so annoying, especially when you are trying to catch up to a particular scene. If the decoder went off for any reason.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by RedPanthar: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

Yeah Yeah. It can be so annoying, especially when you are trying to catch up to a particular scene. If the decoder went off for any reason.

I remember perfectly. I'm so happy with this information you shared with me. I'm so so elated
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2020
RedPanthar:

I remember perfectly. I'm so happy with this information you shared with me. I'm so so elated

.... And more kudos to

Adubam

SlyCharlie

You guys are the bomb.. Much respect

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
Nora2018... I hail you oh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by god2baski(m): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

That decoder doesn't multistream out of the box, at least the ones I've come across, it can be updated with flash drive though. But I haven't seen a multistream software patch for it either, I'd check
Is there multistream software patch for strong 4955B?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2020
god2baski:
Is there multistream software patch for strong 4955B?
NO, only for 497s
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Well time flies.

Around August,I saw some guys selling something similar at rumuokoro I just dey laugh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

My guy nor be small thing back then, imagine someone calling your phone close to twelve midnight. You go even think say him get better thing to discuss. Only for him to say " this my decoder just stopped working while I was watching it " jeez I provoke.. Then I replied with sleeping voice but yet annoyance in my voice " are you paying for subscription ? He said no. Then I replied why are you complaining after using only 5k to enjoy those stations for more than six months. For what people pay huge amount to watch? The guy silent.

Funny enough, a friend back then, told me how someone was stupid enough to call D...tv customer care number. Asking them Why his azsky was not working. My bro that one off me, I nearly hit my car for pole. Because it was too hilarious to imagine how that call went between the guy and the customer care agent. Lol!!

Imagine sey armed robber call police to ask am why dey dey patrol?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
harizonal123:

Is it still possible to put 7e under 16 in this setup?
No, you can't, because the angle will be too tight to pick the 7e signals.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

Imagine sey armed robber call police to ask am why dey dey patrol?

Oh my goodness.. This one off me. I nearly fall from chair just imagine that.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SlyCharlie(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
ben1daEbiri:

Around August,I saw some guys selling something similar at rumuokoro I just dey laugh
Oh wow. Really?!
Is it being hawked now?. Lol
Obviously a scam.
Those things stopped working in the late 2010's when CTL, Cmtv, Metrodigital and Co went digital.
Some people would obviously fall prey
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

.... And more kudos to

Adubam

SlyCharlie

You guys are the bomb.. Much respect

I appreciate you great man.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayanbaba2(m): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:

two hot slaps... promise and fail installer

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goaldynboy: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2020
Digitizedman:
This is what I want you to do. After you have set the LNB right and the MBC frequency still did not pop. Then I want you not to loose anything yet. Just pretend that your MBC LNB is your primary or priority, then connect your MBC LNB wire to your tracking device and track the MBC frequency first. Once it pops up. Reconnect the wires of other LNB one by one and test/ align for signal. That also does the trick

My Brother Happy Sunday.

Today I tried all I could to get the MBC West to no avail. The best I saw is a red flash of 10%.

I have given up! Maybe, MBC West is not possible in my area.

In the process I even lost Hi-Impact TV that I had. Before I climbed up, I had 13 channels but ended up with with 11 channels.

Thanks for your efforts.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2020
ayanbaba2:

two hot slaps... promise and fail installer

That is eh !! The slap summon elders come the arena.. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) (2129) (2130) (2131) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76