Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,378 members, 7,822,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446761 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Aizenosa(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
SegaWarrior:
Hi is Strong 4950H H.265 compliant?

No it is not
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
nora2018:
My bosses In the house I greet y'all please how do I know an lnb is bad,someone was arguing with me saying lnb don't get spoilt I told him is a lie,how true am i, what spoils an lnb?

Good lnb will give normal and high signal strength when connected to the decoder..
Trouble shooting for bad lnb: connect lnb to the decoder without installing on the dish The signal strength will drop if lnb is connected to the decoder.
what spoils lnb old age or electric shock from lightning and abnormal high power supply from decoder
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitman:

I am going to make this simple for you. From a personal experience over the years. I have come to a resolve that buying a decoder that is embedded with premium =

African movie
Foreign movie
News
Music
And probably sports ( even if not live football)

That you pay little or nothing to watch, before you start thinking of adding other dishes or satellite position to watch other free to air station is the Way to go.

Because in do so.. You don't have to worry if the stations will someday go off or totally get bored of not actually getting anything premium or reasonable to watch, for yourself or family members. Whenever you turn your TV on.

As of today, only two decoders can actually give you that safety ( I stand to be corrected)

So which are they you may ask?

(1) Strong 497S

(price for decoder, around 20k or above) has a guaranteed embedded premium stations for African movie, foreign movie, news, news. That you pay not more than 2k5 to 3k yearly ( depending on where / platform you are using to subscribe from) . Which is achievable with just one dish. After that you can still decide if you wish to add an extra dish or 3 more dishes or LNB to get whatever free stations is out there. ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA ) it's H.265 compatible and it multisteam.

(2) OURTV decoder

( company price 11900 naira but can not be more than 13k from outside source)
It also has a guaranteed embedded premium channels for African movie, foreign movie, cartoon, news, music, sports ( though not live). All receivable with one dish. After that you can still add three more dishes or LNB ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA) However there is no software for now to make it multi stream but it's H.265 compatible .

However, there are still many decoders out there in the market that can be used to hunt for FTA stations but don't come embedded with premium station from factory.

TSTV decoder has their own channels as well and can still serve for FTA purposes but I am not confident enough to add it to the list yet. Judging from history.

So meditate on where your priorities lies, for in doing so, you will make a better choice on which decoder in the market suits your real needs.

One love

You are just too much and many others trying to help here , God bless you and other gurus abundantly.
Good advice you dish out there but sir what about people with inbuilt satellite TV, what kind of advice can you give .

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lovelynife(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
jiday4:

You are just too much and many others trying to help here , God bless you and other gurus abundantly.
Good advice you dish out there but sir what about people with inbuilt satellite TV, what kind of advice can you give .
in addition, can 65cm dish work well for inbuilt satellite tv?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
jiday4:

Very simple, get a dish or some dishes plus diseqc switch. Track 42e ,32e and 3w. Combine all the stations you get and you've got yourself entertainment.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Lovelynife:

in addition, can 65cm dish work well for inbuilt satellite tv?

If that's what you have, you can use it. But if you're in the market to buy a new dish. Then go for 90cm up. For a more better signal
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lovelynife(m): 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitizedman:

If that's what you have, you can use it. But if you're in the market to buy a new dish. Then go for 90cm up. For a more better signal
Thanks so much sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
jiday4:

thank u so much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
adubam:

QSat G23 has a better video output. But Csat Pro 8 + output is not bad per se.

Bro I am not trying to contradict you in anyway. I noticed that once you go into setting in Csat pro 8+, and change the resolution to 1080p. It brings to life a more better picture quality.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Predator188:

Good lnb will give normal and high signal strength when connected to the decoder..
Trouble shooting for bad lnb: connect lnb to the decoder without installing on the dish The signal strength will drop if lnb is connected to the decoder.
what spoils lnb old age or electric shock from lightning and abnormal high power supply from decoder
thank you so much boss I appreciate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitizedman:

Bro I am not trying to contradict you in anyway. I noticed that once you go into setting in Csat pro 8+, and change the resolution to 1080p. It brings to life a more better picture quality.

You are right Bro. I tried it yesterday using 1080p. The picture quality was way better.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitizedman:

Very simple, get a dish or some dishes plus diseqc switch. Track 42e ,32e and 3w. Combine all the stations you get and you've got yourself entertainment.

Thank you so much boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
For lovers of nature and documentary With H.265 decoders

National Geographic
Nat Geo wild
Discovery family and others.

Currently showing free on 51e

Tp 11170 H 30000

Enjoy while it last, is the name of the game

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitman:

I am going to make this simple for you. From a personal experience over the years. I have come to a resolve that buying a decoder that is embedded with premium =

African movie
Foreign movie
News
Music
And probably sports ( even if not live football)

That you pay little or nothing to watch, before you start thinking of adding other dishes or satellite position to watch other free to air station is the Way to go.

Because in do so.. You don't have to worry if the stations will someday go off or totally get bored of not actually getting anything premium or reasonable to watch, for yourself or family members. Whenever you turn your TV on.

As of today, only two decoders can actually give you that safety ( I stand to be corrected)

So which are they you may ask?

(1) Strong 497S

(price for decoder, around 20k or above) has a guaranteed embedded premium stations for African movie, foreign movie, news, news. That you pay not more than 2k5 to 3k yearly ( depending on where / platform you are using to subscribe from) . Which is achievable with just one dish. After that you can still decide if you wish to add an extra dish or 3 more dishes or LNB to get whatever free stations is out there. ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA ) it's H.265 compatible and it multisteam.

(2) OURTV decoder

( company price 11900 naira but can not be more than 13k from outside source)
It also has a guaranteed embedded premium channels for African movie, foreign movie, cartoon, news, music, sports ( though not live). All receivable with one dish. After that you can still add three more dishes or LNB ( MEANING IT CAN STILL BE USED FOR FTA) However there is no software for now to make it multi stream but it's H.265 compatible .

However, there are still many decoders out there in the market that can be used to hunt for FTA stations but don't come embedded with premium station from factory.

TSTV decoder has their own channels as well and can still serve for FTA purposes but I am not confident enough to add it to the list yet. Judging from history.

So meditate on where your priorities lies, for in doing so, you will make a better choice on which decoder in the market suits your real needs.

One love

You are absolutely correct. Another area to consider is iptv enabled decoder just in case you want live sport but not based on paid subscription.

if Tstv can show consistency, they have very good packages. I am enjoying their test transmission right now. I wish they can be consistent.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Spy360:

You are absolutely correct. Another area to consider is iptv enabled decoder just in case you want live sport but not based on paid subscription.

if Tstv can show consistency, they have very good packages. I am enjoying their test transmission right now. I wish they can be consistent.

I am personally adding Tstv decoder to my collection. Once they become fully stable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
adubam:

Well done bro. If you have the money please buy another dish to enjoy better reception. You can even get 90cm for N500 if you know any pantaker market as we call it here in the North.

As for the LNBF even if you cut it open don't leave it without covering it with a nylon, because if water enters that is the end of the LNBF.
what are you refering to as pantaker sir...? I am a lover of cheap goods.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bakbayus: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Good evening guys. Did anyone has tiger t8 decoders for sale or knows how much it costs
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emmaniche: 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
Scalar ring needed around iyana ipaja 08165471453
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
Spy360:

Walahi, their picture quality is top notch.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hello my enviable bosses and distinguished gurus in the house I was contracted to connect DSTV to all 13 rooms for a guest house so confused on how to write quotations of materials needed for the job to be submitted urgently to the chairman.... Please help me I need head way.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitizedman:

Maybe showing the house an image of your installation as well as the surrounding. Might help us notice something you might not really take note of. Because it still amaze me how something that simple will elude you for weeks

Thanks for all your help. I finally nailed the bird. You do not realise what your guidance does. You give us a sense of accomplishment after achieving what seemed like a feat only meant for a select few.

4 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ojochogwusunny:
what are you refering to as pantaker sir...? I am a lover of cheap goods.

It's a place where they sell used items.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
waleayeni1:

Thanks for all your help. I finally nailed the bird. You do not realise what your guidance does. You give us a sense of accomplishment after achieving what seemed like a feat only meant for a select few.

Congrats. What were you doing wrong?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
nora2018:
Hello my enviable bosses and distinguished gurus in the house I was contracted to connect DSTV to all 13 rooms for a guest house so confused on how to write quotations of materials needed for the job to be submitted urgently to the chairman.... Please help me I need head way.

How do they want it done. Will each room have a decoder or just one decoder to be shared among the TVs in the hotel?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hurray am happy u learnt it,practice make perfection if I were you I will dismantle the dish again and retrack it if you do this five times u can naill it any time you want.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
waleayeni1:

Finally.. Happy for you oh
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by writexris: 11:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
nora2018:

Congrats! I can help. Let's start by answering few questions.

1. How many Dstv Decoders
2. What Model ( Is it zapa with RF or the one without)

We could start if you provide answers to these questions
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
How many sports channels are in 57E with forever and ever acc?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 11:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
nora2018:

Your matter simple.

First thing to check, is if TV outlet has already been wired.

Second is how many channels they need to be showing in the TV in the rooms.

Once you've got that info. Then you can proceed with the needed materials to do the job.

If it is just one channel they want showing in all the rooms, and the TV outlet has already been wired before by the electrician. Then all you have to do is buy an RF modulator ( this apply to new Dstv decoder that does not have an Rf output). Then you connect the av output to the Rf modulator... From the Rf modulator/ converter, you connect the TV wire that links to all the TVs in the room.

But if it is a multi channel setup.. Then you have to calculate one decoder to one channel. So for example it is four to eight channels they want showing in each TV.. Then it has to be four to eight decoders as well.

Then you have two options in such a setup depending on the financial strength of your client. The option of using a multiswitch to reduce the amount of dishes installed outside. Or using a four pin Lnb for a four decoder setup or two four pin lnb on two dishes on an, eight decoder setup. Then you need a channel combiner or you can still use an eight way Splitter in reverse. To combine all the wire coming from each 4/5/6/7/8 Rf modulator or Rf out of each decoder. Then you connect the single wire that links and loop to each rooms. Then you configure each decoder to a specific channel. Starting from channel 21 to 69. That way each time a TV connected to the TV outlet is scanned, all 4/5/6/7/8 channels will appear in that order.

Remember to add signal booster/ amplifier inbetween. For a more clearer picture.

This is just the basic.. Though it can still get more advanced than that.. Depending

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SegaWarrior: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Digitizedman:
For lovers of nature and documentary With H.265 decoders

National Geographic
Nat Geo wild
Discovery family and others.

Currently showing free on 51e

Tp 11170 H 30000

Enjoy while it last, is the name of the game
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitizedman: 11:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
SegaWarrior:

No my bro.. Sadly it's only 497s that happens to be the only decoder in strong family with that capability.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 12:14am On Oct 09, 2020
adubam:

Congrats. What were you doing wrong?
Thanks bro. Interestingly, my 1m dish had very little space for maneuver where it was mounted. So I removed it and put my 90 cm dish and voila! I got 82 % signal strength but zero signal quality on my satfinder. As I Don tire for not hitting green, I went inside my house to blind scan with faith and I got the coveted MBC channels. The investment in fta is paying off thanks to your guidance. This weekend I go try 3w with my 1m dish. Una do well o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.