Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5453846 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sampete(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
Digitizedman:

Absolutely yes
Alright. Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
Ok Thanks Broh
Digitman:

Your decoder is very capable of getting those channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
With this TP 11050H30000 the signal quality is about 85% on the decoder while this TP 11090V30000 the quality is just about 13-15% the disparity is much.
Where do I work on, do I tweak the LNB or just start the entire tracking processes a fresh... Just need some clue. Thanks

Digitman:

Your decoder is very capable of getting those channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by MrSuama(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2020
tchijioke:
With this TP 11050H30000 the signal quality is about 85% on the decoder while this TP 11090V30000 the quality is just about 13-15% the disparity is much.
Where do I work on, do I tweak the LNB or just start the entire tracking processes a fresh... Just need some clue. Thanks

Tweak the lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tchijioke: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
Thanks
MrSuama:

Tweak the lnb.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cheny(m): 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
Dishtech:

Research before answering questions!
7e and 4.5e can be attached below 16e.
I normally do 16e primary, 4.5e and 7e below, 26e,28.2e, 33e or 36e above all on one dish.
My bad then,but I don't think I have come across such set up of 28.2e as primary with 7e and 4.5e attached without signals being compromised on a 90cm dish.
Your situation is having 16e as primary which i am not disputing as I have done something similar,but that is not the case in question.
Well,we are all still learning and I will gladly like to see a setup with 28e as primary with 7e and 4.5e attached.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2020
sunene1:
Working with BUD dish on stubborn satellites so sweet . This is fibre 5m
This is lovely... just salivating over this dish.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
tchijioke:

Except your signal is not acceptable after tweaking as MrSuama advice. Should you consider other alternatives. Good luck
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
Guys one channel just pop up on this frequency 10987 v 2500 @ 51.5 east (tstv position)

Just looking at it with corner eye... Still trying to make sense of it as the signal still went off after sometime
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goaldynman(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
My Brother Digitizedman, Digitman

Please Sir I still need direction on that question I asked you b4 I was banned.

You can respond without quoting me. I will see it.

ie. How do I move my dish from Abs 3West to MBC 7West? Should I move it downward and leftward or upward and rightward?

Thanks for your anticipated reply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goaldynman(m): 8:59pm On Oct 15, 2020
Please Sirs, Is there any brand of Ku-band LNB that can increase signal by 20% or even 10%?

Thanks for your anticipated recommendations.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gbolabest234(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
Digitizedman:

Standing behind your dish with 28.2e as your starting point. Turn your dish a few inches to your left. Then slide it down like 4 inches or more. It will pop up.

LNB skew > 3.0 clock

Tracking Frequency 11090 V 30000 or 11050 H 30000

Thank u once again my wonderful boss for dis great guide. I was able to nail it very easily... But the issue now is that All tstv channels are not displaying only playing as audio. Wat could b d cause of dis sir?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goaldynman(m): 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
Digitizedman:

I strongly believe you have resolved the above? But if not... The proximity between the two sat is very close. All you have to do is bring down your dish just a little down right. While standing behind it. Remember it's not more than just an inch or two shift.

As regards to the ban.. Just let it go. Me I dey collect ban almost everyday for just trying to attend to questions here of recent but then, I still try to keep my head up.

Oh! Thanks a lot Bro.

I didn't see that you have already answered my question here, before asking again above.

My regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
goaldynman:
Please Sirs, Is there any brand of Ku-band LNB that can increase signal by 20% or even 10%?

Thanks for your anticipated recommendations.

inverto black ultra or you can still try an LNB that has a 0.2db noise figure

Removing the plastic cover on an LNB still helps to boost the signal a little

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
Gbolabest234:

Thank u once again my wonderful boss for dis great guide. I was able to nail it very easily... But the issue now is that All tstv channels are not displaying only playing as audio. Wat could b d cause of dis sir?

That's because your decoder is not H.265. On many occasions I have mentioned that here, for people who don't have compatible decoders to know before tracking.

So you have to make do with the stations tthat is on 11090 v 30000. Or you can get yourself H.265 decoder, if you think it is worth it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davosea(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2020
Digitizedman:

28.2E > primary 51.5E > secondary
can I make this setup on 60 cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

That's because your decoder is not H.265. On many occasions I have mentioned that here, for people who don't have compatible decoders to know before tracking.

So you have to make do with the stations tthat is on 11090 v 30000. Or you can get yourself H.265 decoder, if you think it is worth it.

Abeg, give us examples of H.265 decoders and prices in Naija.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nora2018(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

H 264 or H 265 what's the difference
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
davosea:
can I make this setup on 60 cm dish?

I can't tell you yes or no. Because I have never bothered to try it on such dish size. However, I still think there is a possibility but the downside might be a low signal output. When compared to 90cm dish. But don't take my word for it, rather give it a try and update the house. After all, if many of us never used lemon to make lemonade, there would not have been a story to tell from our own perspective and experience

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gbolabest234(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

Thank u for dis boss. Can u pls recommend such decoders I can get that d price is not really too costly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 8:46am On Oct 16, 2020
Olutozn54:

Abeg, give us examples of H.265 decoders and prices in Naija.

Examples are strong 497s, Csat pro, ourTV decoder, Tstv decoder. Just for a limited search. But the list goes on and on and on.

So another way but not limited, to know what is looks like is to check what is labeled on the front of the decoder you see in a satellite shop.

Below are some images on what such a label looks like on a decoder. You will either see for example H.265/ HEVC

I am not a marketer so don't take my word for it on prices ranging from 8k to 100k depending on which product you are buying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2020
Gbolabest234:

Thank u for dis boss. Can u pls recommend such decoders I can get that d price is not really too costly

One of the common recommendations you will get from this house.When it comes to low budget H.265 decoder is csat 8pro because it is less or not more than 10k (based on the source) and it mutistream

But working into a satellite shop and calling that name and they look at you as if what you are saying is alien.. Then you've to leave name and focus on a decoder in the shop that has the H.265/ HVEC Labeled on it. Which fits into your budget.

Furthermore, Ourtv decoder Is still a low budget decoder (12k) which has that functionality with the possibility still watching channels TV and AIT for free. If that's your thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman(m): 9:44am On Oct 16, 2020
nora2018:
H 264 or H 265 what's the difference

My brother the difference is right in front of you na and you are still asking.

The person who has H.264 decoder was unable to watch those Tstv channels that are currently free to air. Because their channels are transmitting on H.265 video platform.

From a layman's definition .. You can play any vcd disc In a DVD player. But you cannot play any DVD disc in a VCD player

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by baggiosne: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

The person who has H.264 decoder was unable to watch those Tstv channels that are currently free to air. Because their channels are transmitting on H.265 video platform.

From a layman's definition .. You can play any vcd disc In a DVD player. But you cannot play any DVD disc in a VCD player
correct, that's the typically example for u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammysage(m): 1:03pm On Oct 16, 2020
Digitizedman:
Here is what it looks like just in case you don't already know
please can you explain how to position my phone as in relating to using this app
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

They're two kinds of videos format, thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

One of the common recommendations you will get from this house.When it comes to low budget H.265 decoder is csat 8pro because it is less or not more than 10k (based on the source) and it mutistream

But working into a satellite shop and calling that name and they look at you as if what you are saying is alien.. Then you've to leave name and focus on a decoder in the shop that has the H.265/ HVEC Labeled on it. Which fits into your budget.

Furthermore, Ourtv decoder Is still a low budget decoder (12k) which has that functionality with the possibility still watching channels TV and AIT for free. If that's your thing
It's available now in Nigeria, thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:
Guys one channel just pop up on this frequency 10987 v 2500 @ 51.5 east (tstv position)

Just looking at it with corner eye... Still trying to make sense of it as the signal still went off after sometime
Any update on this now,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
Digitman:

Csat 8 Pro+ has watering features but too fragile.

I would advice anyone here to buy a durable decoder even if it is Tiger or GT media that would cost you up to 28K or more. Please gather your money and buy it. GT media and Tiger Autoroll Biss Keys and Powervu, have inbuilt WIFI, Multi stream with durable components or any Strong Decoders with HEVC, DVB2 H.265.

Csat 8 Pro+ Multistream, Autoroll only Powervu and not Biss. The difference is like buying a Samsung Original Phone and Buying a Chinko phone that claims to have what the Samsung phone has and does.

I had advice here that people with low budget should go for Csat 8 Pro +, but due to high rate of complaints from those who have used it first hand including me; I hereby revert my previous advice.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
gadotor:
It's available now in Nigeria, thank you
Wow, Gadotor just appear out from nowhere!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ojochogwusunny(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2020
Good pm to you my good people! i plead on you all to help a brother in need;i have been tracking manually in this digital age,i am tired of bringing out my tv set,i need a tracking device be it signal receptor meter 4 receiver & the nation economy is not helping matters at all.
if anyone is having one whch he is not using should kindly give me or sell it to me at a give away price...thanks alot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2130) (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.