Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447322 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ndakwoimran(m): 12:46am On Nov 15, 2020
METRO TV ON 28DEGREE EAST 12725 V 30000

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ismy5000: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Samsamo:
Thank you sir, if I may ask, do they subtitles it in English, because many time on 28e they don't subtitle.

Yes . They do
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 3:16am On Nov 15, 2020
Dollanaira:

Thanks man, I have entered everything correctly including the serial with - sign still shows same invalid . I just tried again today .Is the stb Id same as smart card number . The id has something like 0x8.....bo.... anyways maybe I will reach their customer service.

For those who are on nigcomsat rescan your decoder all freeview channels are on the position as at today. I use 497s and my decoder software is updated .not sure if the channels are multi stream though!

We are using the same decoder please, when last or what month did you last update your decoder? I need to know this to know the month to know if I am on the latest update or need to update the October upgrade I saw. And by the way, where was it you upgrade your decoder last?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:13am On Nov 15, 2020
Dollanaira:

Thanks man, I have entered everything correctly including the serial with - sign still shows same invalid . I just tried again today .Is the stb Id same as smart card number . The id has something like 0x8.....bo.... anyways maybe I will reach their customer service.

I think your decision to call them is a good one.To avoid continuous trier and error.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2020
My observation ;

The fact is, lifting a 60cm dish or less is nothing compares to a 90cm dish. I mean, mounting a 90cm dish on the wall is a whole lot of experience and requires more strength and experience than when you compare it with a 60cm.

Ok. I have been on this game for a while now, training and retraining with my 60cm dish and yes, I must say it's been fun as I learn and improve everyday mounting and unmounting my 6Ocm for training purpose, been on this for two months or more and I must say, I have improved quite a lot not until today. When I try to mount my first 90cm dish for the first time, I must say that the experience wasn't that different but it's a whole lot of one when you have to mount your (90cm)dish on a wall especially a wall that isn't that strong to bear the weight of a 90cm dish. Men, I sweat no be small for dat mata, ontop mountain 90 cm dish.

Well, well, and well after all the mountain, falling of dish under the sun and mountain and nailing it over and over again I was able to have it firm on the wall after almost an hour or more.

Why am I penning this down? Of course, for newbies and potential FTA enthusiasm, start small, at least with small fish, right on the soil, don't go up there yet. Discipline yourself and mount and unmount your 60cm dish and start with an iron poll except you are sure of yourself lest you get frustrated and hunting a bird become a mission impossible.

Let me also add that, as a result of my dedication and passion for FTA, I successful hunt Multitv, Belintersat, Nigcomsat, and even Intelsat with my 60cm dish. Yes, all with 60cm dish.

Sharing my testimony and thanking all the people ( there are many) that contributed to my success and inspired me on this thread--God bless you all. Digitman,et al I see you.

Happy Sunday. cool

Edited ;
Screenshot below ;

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Satdexter: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
Pls is there anyone among us who knows much about Vmade V5 or KOQIT V5 satellite decoder?
Kindly let us know your experience with it.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Good afternoon house l need used

1. Technomate lnb (2/4 ways) used and working own

2. Used T8 hd / tiger hyper decoder...

3. Used 5m fibres

4. Used c band lnb

Location- Oyo state, ibadan.

Kindly pm thru 08038011571(WhatsApp only) if u have any in ur store

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lala5yuru: 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:
My observation ;

The fact is, lifting a 60cm dish or less is nothing compares to a 90cm dish. I mean, mounting a 90cm dish on the wall is a whole lot of experience and requires more strength and experience than when you compare it with a 60cm.

Ok. I have been on this game for a while now, training and retraining with my 60cm dish and yes, I must say it's been fun as I learn and improve everyday mounting and unmounting my 6Ocm for training purpose, been on this for two months or more and I must say, I have improved quite a lot not until today. When I try to mount my first 90cm dish for the first time, I must say that the experience wasn't that different but it's a whole lot of one when you have to mount your (90cm)dish on a wall especially a wall that isn't that strong to bear the weight of a 90cm dish. Men, I sweat no be small for dat mata, ontop mountain 90 cm dish.

Well, well, and well after all the mountain, falling of dish under the sun and mountain and nailing it over and over again I was able to have it firm on the wall after almost an hour or more.

Why am I penning this down? Of course, for newbies and potential FTA enthusiasm, start small, at least with small fish, right on the soil, don't go up there yet. Discipline yourself and mount and unmount your 60cm dish and start with an iron poll except you are sure of yourself lest you get frustrated and hunting a bird become a mission impossible.

Let me also add that, as a result of my dedication and passion for FTA, I successful hunt Multitv, Belintersat, Nigcomsat, and even Intelsat with my 60cm dish. Yes, all with 60cm dish.

Sharing my testimony and thanking all the people ( there are many) that contributed to my success and inspired me on this thread--God bless you all. Digitman,et al I see you.

Happy Sunday. cool

Edited ;
Screenshot below ;
please which satfinder are you using and how much is the cost
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:
My observation ;

Happy Sunday. cool

Edited ;
Screenshot below ;

Baba , pls what is the name of this app and how do I use it .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
lala5yuru:

please which satfinder are you using and how much is the cost

GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT03

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2020
jiday4:

Baba , pls what is the name of this app and how do I use it .

First you have to have the GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT03  device. Then you downloaded the app at play store

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:
My observation ;

Happy Sunday. cool

Edited ;
Screenshot below ;

Congratulations is in order.

So butter this your write up with the image of your dish set up accomplishment.

Honestly I was hoping to see it when I got to the bottom of your write up. But I still dey wait oh.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
Digitman2:

Honestly I was hoping to see it when I got to the bottom of your write up. But I still dey wait oh.
With all my new found expensive I still haven't mastered the multi lnb setup. I wanna add 42.5e and 7e to my 51.5e. I have used all the experience acquired but still no result
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
waleayeni1:

With all my new found expensive I still haven't mastered the multi lnb setup. I wanna add 42.5e and 7e to my 51.5e. I have used all the experience acquired but still no result

Based on practicality, I know of 16/17e, 28e, 32.9,42.5 and 51.5. Being possible in one dish. But adding 7e to that is something I have not personally given a try. So saying it is possible or not is not in my place to affirm.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2020
Digitman2:

First you have to have the GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT03  device. Then you downloaded the app at play store

Thanks sir , I will search for it and get it, training don start be that .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2020
jiday4:

Thanks sir , I will search for it and get it, training don start be that .

I believe you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ajaymina(m): 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:
My observation ;

Happy Sunday. cool

Edited ;
Screenshot below ;

Nice job.

You are an enthusiasts and a fast learner.

My own testimony is loading as a newbie.

I will do d A-Z all by myself.

PLS, what's the name of the COMPASS APP?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
Digitman2:

I will do that, tomorrow and upload it here tho I am on the big dish now.

Please, I need help urgently, I have hit the green on belintersat but I wouldn't find the sat on the latest h265 strong decoder now, the problem is, all efforts to type or add 51.5 belintersat on my strong decoder has proved abortive. I wonder why strong wouldn't add that position tho. Please, can you help me with how to go about adding a sat especially 51.5E on the latest strong decoder? I am struct now, I can't type it in, help!

I can't figure out how to edit or add my longitude or another satellite, help!

I also observe that my decoder hands a lot, what could be the cause of this?

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:

I will do that, tomorrow and upload it here tho I am on the big dish now.

Please, I need help urgently, I have hit the green on belintersat but I wouldn't find the sat on the latest h265 strong decoder now, the problem is, all efforts to type or add 51.5 belintersat on my strong decoder has proved abortive. I wonder why strong wouldn't add that position tho. Please, can you help me with how to go about adding a sat especially 51.5E on the latest strong decoder? I am struct now, I can't type it in, help!

I can't figure out how to edit or add my lontitude or another satelittte, help!

First of all, it is not a must that until you see the exact sat name on the satellite list, before you will be able to get signal or whatever channel you are looking for.

The most important thing is to consider these two things. If you are searching for a ku band or a Cband.

For now all your tracking are in ku category. So all you need do is pick any satellite name listed that is on ku band.. Input your frequency manually on that sat or you just do a blind scan on the sat of your chosen and the frequency and channels will come up.

That said, you still choose to go the long journey of creating it yourself. Just click on the OK button on your remote, the keyboard function will pop up, edit whatever you so desire and click the yellow button to confirm and save.

Take note that you don't need to set the longitude if you are not running a motorized dish. So don't bother your head with all those details you will not even use anytime soon.

Please be informed that it will be a lot more better for you to send me an instant message on WhatsApp... When there is an emergency that needs an urgent reply.

Considering the fact that I will not always be here all the time. If you know what I mean.

Happy hunting

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 10:23pm On Nov 15, 2020
Digitman2:

Based on practicality, I know of 16/17e, 28e, 32.9,42.5 and 51.5. Being possible in one dish. But adding 7e to that is something I have not personally given a try. So saying it is possible or not is not in my place to affirm.

Thanks boss
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
Digitman2:

First of all, it is not a must that until you see the exact sat name on the satellite list, before you will be able to get signal or whatever channel you are looking for.

The most important thing is to consider these two things. If you are searching for a ku band or a Cband.

For now all your tracking are in ku category. So all you need do is pick any satellite name listed that is on ku band.. Input your frequency manually on that sat or you just do a blind scan on the sat of your chosen and the frequency and channels will come up.

That said, you still choose to go the long journey of creating it yourself. Just click on the OK button on your remote, the keyboard function will pop up, edit whatever you so desire, and click the yellow button to confirm and save.

Take note that you don't need to set the longitude if you are not running a motorized dish. So don't bother your head with all those details you will not even use anytime soon.

Please be informed that it will be a lot better for you to send me an instant message on WhatsApp... When there is an emergency that needs an urgent reply.

Because I will not always be here all the time. If you know what I mean.

Happy hunting

I didn't know all these are not necessary for if I had known I wouldn't have bothered at all cos of the stress I suffer trying to add and edit for a new sat was quite exhaustive.

I tried all this you said but all to no avail but I may try again. Secondly, what prompted me to make or try creating a new sat was because none of the sat position available on the listed sats is on 51.5 positions, in the decoder, I will try what you said now and see how it goes.

I wish I have your Whatsapp but I don't. !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
WaytoGo:

Just look at the button of any of my posts including this one. You will see a direct link. Just click it and you will be sent straight to my WhatsApp contact
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by spyglaxx: 5:06am On Nov 16, 2020
WaytoGo:

I didn't know all these are not necessary for if I had known I wouldn't have bothered at all cos of the stress I suffer trying to add and edit for a new sat was quite exhaustive.

I tried all this you said but all to no avail but I may try again. Secondly, what prompted me to make or try creating a new sat was because none of the sat position available on the listed sats is on 51.5 positions, in the decoder, I will try what you said now and see how it goes.

To much university book na im dey do you. Theories. Just press 'add tp ' on your remote and input the freq. The satelite names are just their for documentation purposes.

Then go ahead and download sat director on your phone if your phone has inbuilt compass.You don't need to buy any expensive tracker.

The app will give you the. ....skew..... Elevation.. Azimuth...

Then as if you are doing assignments on Gns 105 go to Google and learn the three terms above.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 6:09am On Nov 16, 2020
From my observation, your dish installation matters to be able to successfully use sat director. When well installed(the hanger the dish is hung must be straight), then it's easier to use sat director, and an inexpensive sat finder(less than NGN2000) to confirm you in a sat position.

You can tweak your lnb or inclination a bit to improve your signal quality. That's what I've been using so far as a newbie and the success rate has been about 90%.
spyglaxx:

To much university book na im dey do you. Theories. Just press 'add tp ' on your remote and input the freq. The satelite names are just their for documentation purposes.

Then go ahead and download sat director on your phone if your phone has inbuilt compass.You don't need to buy any expensive tracker.

The app will give you the. ....skew..... Elevation.. Azimuth...

Then as if you are doing assignments on Gns 105 go to Google and learn the three terms above.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lala5yuru: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2020
Digitman2:

GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT03 
thank you so much sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2020
Media star 2121, 2727, Available contact me for yours.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2020
abohwun:
Media star 2121, 2727, Available contact me for yours.
amount pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obinna37(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2020
Good morning all,pls is 57e still working
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 11:15am On Nov 16, 2020
ManirBK:
amount pls
Manirbk chart me on 07033543115

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 11:28am On Nov 16, 2020
dlollyboi:
From my observation, your dish installation matters to be able to successfully use sat director. When well installed(the hanger the dish is hung must be straight), then it's easier to use sat director, and an inexpensive sat finder(less than NGN2000) to confirm you in a sat position.

You can tweak your lnb or inclination a bit to improve your signal quality. That's what I've been using so far as a newbie and the success rate has been about 90%.
Remember that satfinder can only be powered by the receiver and you still have to input the to.
A good satfinder will get the job done even when there's power failure. You can even scan and veiw the channels to be sure of the date.
Sometimes, you need to install on a high roof. All you need is a short cable from your lnb to the satfinder. After installing, you can connect the cable and scan with the receiver
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Remember that satfinder can only be powered by the receiver and you still have to input the to.
A good satfinder will get the job done even when there's power failure. You can even scan and veiw the channels to be sure of the date.
Sometimes, you need to install on a high roof. All you need is a short cable from your lnb to the satfinder. After installing, you can connect the cable and scan with the receiver

You just talk my mind. I just say make I lock up make e nor be like say I dey attack the guy way of tracking.

Imagine doing tracking with such a sat finder and nothing like backup generator. Nepa come take light.. That one na game over.

It's always good to get sat finder that helps you overcome all those inevitable challenges. Which makes the cost not to mean anything in the long run. What is what doing, is what doing well. A sat finder is one thing you must never cut cost because the benefit that comes from getting the one that does 95 percent of the job. Is not only just flexible but endless in possibilities.

Don't get it twisted. One love

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
obinna37:
Good morning all,pls is 57e still working
Still in comma but let wait till wknd may be he will cum b4 then but my advice is if u don't av big dish don't by forever decoder because of 57e

(1) (2) (3) ... (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84