Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,468 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5447303 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2020
lamtam:

Still in comma but let wait till wknd may be he will cum b4 then but my advice is if u don't av big dish don't by forever decoder because of 57e

Imagine the kind heat wey installers that run mouth for this kind matter go they get now from their client.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
At work now... I will be sharing some of my DIY ideas and how I invented a minute strategy that hit the green with little stress and or less time-consuming approach. This is my own way of supporting this beautiful thread, inspiring the newbies and what have you.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obinna37(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
lamtam:

Still in comma but let wait till wknd may be he will cum b4 then but my advice is if u don't av big dish don't by forever decoder because of 57e
Thanks for prompt answer,why can't I use forever decoder in small dish

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ourtvng: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
Ourtv as a brand wishes to appreciate all our users on this platform for their genuine feedback and comments about our decoder so far. Feel free to always keep your questions and observations coming as we gain useful insights from them to enable us serve you better. Ourtv website remains www.ourtv.ng

Oshomo12:

I do not know if I am doing something wrong,

this frequency does not show anything on SRT497s too. I stand to be corrected.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dlollyboi: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2020
obinna37:
It will be a waste of resources as the forever server, which is the marketing strategy, won't be useful for you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
lala5yuru:

please which satfinder are you using and how much is the cost

I want to believe that @ digitman has answered this question!? Right? Please, if not do ask again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2020
jiday4:

Baba , pls what is the name of this app and how do I use it .
Thanks

I want to believe that @ digitman has provided an answer to this question!? Right? Please, if not do ask again.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obinna37(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
dlollyboi:

It will be a waste of resources as the forever server, which is the marketing strategy, won't be useful for you.
now I get your point, but can still use for FTA and multi stream,until Baba God bless me with money for big dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
lamtam:

good advice
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dollanaira: 7:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
WaytoGo:

We are using the same decoder please, when last or what month did you last update your decoder? I need to know this to know the month to know if I am on the latest update or need to update the October upgrade I saw. And by the way, where was it you upgrade your decoder last?

Thanks in advance!

August when last update was released. Copy into your flash and do it from settings it will multistream
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mikeh: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2020
please what sat can I add to 7e , I hard from someone that track ses 5e will get 7e is this possible on one lmb ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
obinna37:
Forever decoder is not for SUD user is for BUD unless u will use it for AFN to watch films and other entertainment
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
Digitman2:

Congratulations are in order.

So butter this your write up with the image of your dish set up accomplishment.

Honestly, I was hoping to see it when I got to the bottom of your write up. But I still dey wait oh.

Honestly, it's nothing extraordinary.

Let me break it down ;
Well, like I said a day ago I started my FTA-DIY with a 60cm dish, and of course, with a strong LNB.

It happens that I started with a strong LNB without having any idea of what quality was, and to be honest, my target was multi tv satellite position because I felt it would be the easiest for me to hit as a learner and newbie. So, after several attempts, learning from baby steps of setting/aligning the dish I made the first attempt/move to mount my dish on the wall but I never knew it won't come easy as several attempts to nail the stuff of the wall failed.

Anyway, let me not bore you with stories and go straight to the point. Well, I felt since mounting my dish on the wall was like mission impossible I opted for an iron( a tiny one by the way) poll, and there the journey started...

Well, my first success was multi tv( and what a memorable day, you know that feeling now!), and after my first breakthrough, I mount and unmount my dish countless time and hit the screen in the same direction at least for, almost or over a month until I perfected the act and got used to it.

But this couldn't quench my thirst for more so I felt let me do some research and look for more satellite position it was then I discovered there is another sat, Nigcomsat but when I discovered it would a bigger dish to hit it position I felt kind of disappointed and down because that means I will have to buy another dish.

I was contemplating this when it dawned on me that 'why not try this position with your 60cm fish and see how it goes? '.
I waited for a few days doing the calculation and all that and after all that I proceeded the next day and headed to my dish poll. I failed at the first attempt, in fact on several attempts until I worked on my patience and endurance level.

Cut the long story short, after I moved to and perfected the position of Nigcom I moved to Belintasat which I found here, and with your supports and guidance this one wasn't that difficult for me after all, and of course, with my 60cm dish this time as well. Perfected and mount and unmounted until it became perfect for me.

Then, Intelsat 68E, I found it requires a big dish too because of its elevation level, at 16, and indeed it was almost impossible to accomplish this one but not because it's all hard but because its elevation level is almost impossible to achieve with a 60cm dish on a standing poll-- you know there is a way the average dish poll it bent or manufactured to lower its position?

First picture - that's the position of the Christian channels. This is what I didn't, I having study the dish elevation level on my pathfinder (16) I then stood at the back of my dish and calculated the dish elevation and place my.....' I will explain this in my next message ( my strategy) ' but I found this one won't require that at all so I simply apples pressure on the dish and force it down( a bit twisted as you can see on the poll) sideway just to locate at least something close to the elevation level. Well, after several attempts I hit the green at the signal 45-51 on my small dish with my strong lnb.

I noticed one thing when I tried to change my lnb (none strong lnb) to hit nigcomsat, all attempts failed. So, it's safe to say that, perhaps, the only way I was able to achieve all these with my 60cm dish is courtesy of my cheap strong decoder lnb.

Observe, you'll notice that that lnb arm didn't align with the poll? Well, that's how I pulled that off with my tiny dish, lol!

shocked

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
ajaymina:

Nice job.

You are an enthusiasts and a fast learner.

My own testimony is loading as a newbie.

I will do d A-Z all by myself.

PLS, what's the name of the COMPASS APP?

Thank you I am still learning though.
As for the compass, not it's not a compass but a Satfinfer which I believe digitman has revealed and explained what's all about at the previous page on this same thread?

Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
Digitman2:

First of all, it is not a must that until you see the exact sat name on the satellite list, before you will be able to get signal or whatever channel you are looking for.

The most important thing is to consider these two things. If you are searching for a ku band or a Cband.

For now all your tracking are in ku category. So all you need do is pick any satellite name listed that is on ku band. Input your frequency manually on that sat or you just do a blind scan on the Sat of your chosen and the frequency and channels will come up.

That said, you still choose to go the long journey of creating it yourself. Just click on the OK button on your remote, the keyboard function will pop up, edit whatever you so desire, and click the yellow button to confirm and save.

Take note that you don't need to set the longitude if you are not running a motorized dish. So don't bother your head with all those details you will not even use anytime soon.

Please be informed that it will be a lot better for you to send me an instant message on WhatsApp... When there is an emergency that needs an urgent reply.

Because I will not always be here all the time. If you know what I mean.

Happy hunting

Seriously, I found myself in a very tight and complex situation yesternight and I believe it's because it was my first time setting up a decoder myself. I have had to pay installers to do everything for me until I took interest in this ( what I call' my way of exercise and learning beyond FTA), I guess, that's why.

I tried everything you said but all to no avail, and I guessed, perhaps, the decoder might have a bit different settings from yours. Well, I have to confess that your teaching gave an idea and after several attempts, I was able to successfully find these channels and what have you.

Thanks, a lot.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2020
spyglaxx:

To much university book na im dey do you. Theories. Just press 'add tp ' on your remote and input the freq. The satelite names are just their for documentation purposes.

Then go ahead and download sat director on your phone if your phone has inbuilt compass.You don't need to buy any expensive tracker.

The app will give you the. ....skew..... Elevation.. Azimuth...

Then as if you are doing assignments on Gns 105 go to Google and learn the three terms above.

I guess you didn't fully followed my converse with digitman but I have to say, thank you cos you have good intentions and of course, your first line, I will take it with me as it's another learning for me.

Your second or the rest of your lines are the reason I said you didn't followed my converse with digitman(and I am not being rude when I say that. Just saying) -- cos, all of these you've mentioned I don't just have them but have perfected to the level that I don't even need or use them again because my satfinfer often do justice to them.

Thanks, plenty for your input. Your first lines mean a lot.

Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2020
Dollanaira:

August when last update was released. Copy into your flash and do it from settings it will multistream

I guess I wouldn't need that cos mine already multi-stream?

Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2020
WaytoGo:

I want to believe that @ digitman has provided an answer to this question!? Right? Please, if not do ask again.

Yes brotherly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2020
WaytoGo:

Honestly, it's nothing extraordinary.

Let me break it down ;
Well, like I said a day ago I started my FTA-DIY with a 60cm dish, and of course, with a strong LNB.

It happens that I started with a strong LNB without having any idea of what quality was, and to be honest, my target was multi tv satellite position because I felt it would be the easiest for me to hit as a learner and newbie. So, after several attempts, learning from baby steps of setting/aligning the dish I made the first attempt/move to mount my dish on the wall but I never knew it won't come easy as several attempts to nail the stuff of the wall failed.

Anyway, let me not bore you with stories and go straight to the point. Well, I felt since mounting my dish on the wall was like mission impossible I opted for an iron( a tiny one by the way) poll, and there the journey started...

Well, my first success was multi tv( and what a memorable day, you know that feeling now!), and after my first breakthrough, I mount and unmount my dish countless time and hit the screen in the same direction at least for, almost or over a month until I perfected the act and got used to it.

But this couldn't quench my thirst for more so I felt let me do some research and look for more satellite position it was then I discovered there is another sat, Nigcomsat but when I discovered it would a bigger dish to hit it position I felt kind of disappointed and down because that means I will have to buy another dish.

I was contemplating this when it dawned on me that 'why not try this position with your 60cm fish and see how it goes? '.
I waited for a few days doing the calculation and all that and after all that I proceeded the next day and headed to my dish poll. I failed at the first attempt, in fact on several attempts until I worked on my patience and endurance level.

Cut the long story short, after I moved to and perfected the position of Nigcom I moved to Belintasat which I found here, and with your supports and guidance this one wasn't that difficult for me after all, and of course, with my 60cm dish this time as well. Perfected and mount and unmounted until it became perfect for me.

Then, Intelsat 68E, I found it requires a big dish too because of its elevation level, at 16, and indeed it was almost impossible to accomplish this one but not because it's all hard but because its elevation level is almost impossible to achieve with a 60cm dish on a standing poll-- you know there is a way the average dish poll it bent or manufactured to lower its position?

First picture - that's the position of the Christian channels. This is what I didn't, I having study the dish elevation level on my pathfinder (16) I then stood at the back of my dish and calculated the dish elevation and place my.....' I will explain this in my next message ( my strategy) ' but I found this one won't require that at all so I simply apples pressure on the dish and force it down( a bit twisted as you can see on the poll) sideway just to locate at least something close to the elevation level. Well, after several attempts I hit the green at the signal 45-51 on my small dish with my strong lnb.

I noticed one thing when I tried to change my lnb (none strong lnb) to hit nigcomsat, all attempts failed. So, it's safe to say that, perhaps, the only way I was able to achieve all these with my 60cm dish is courtesy of my cheap strong decoder lnb.

Observe, you'll notice that that lnb arm didn't align with the poll? Well, that's how I pulled that off with my tiny dish, lol!

shocked

Bravo!!, just reading your post reminded me of someone I used to know (me, smiles)

Your determination to succeed is very interesting to follow, considering the amount of passion you put into it.

All I can say is, more and more satellite tracking to your accomplishment. You have made us proud.

By the way, as I was reading between the lines, I noticed you saying that you heard or was told that 42.5 degree and 68.5 degree needs big dish to be tracked.

So with my eyes closed I decided to go through every single dish size I have seen. That was used to track 68.5e, from 15years ago till this very day and it was all 60cm. It's only on rare occasions that you notice 90cm being used, majorly because of the amount of shades reducing the signal, due to trees in that location.

Also that of 42.5 not still possible with 60cm dish being said by the same set of people, like seriously. Wow thank God you never allowed yourself to be enslaved by such school of thought, because it's very very obvious that they belong to that set of installers with little experience and as such can easily discredit 60cm.

What I am about to say now might sound unrealistic to that set of people but it's so so true.

Like many many years ago, I went to the market to buy some solar panels and the shop next to the one I was buying those solar products.sells satellite tv materials. For the first time in my life I saw a 30cm dish.

Yes a 30cm dish, my G you need to see the way I take leave solar shop and grab the dish before e go disappear.

Anyways long story short. When I finally had the time, sharply I put the dish to a test. I tracked 68.5e, 36e.28.2e and even 16e, back then with the 30cm dish.

But later leave am for 28.2 (joy tv) because it was the latest satellite in town back then. Just the cuteness was a trill to my eyes, lol. About 2 years ago, my wife brother come carry am, use am install 36 degree for him bunk. Till this day the 30cm is still serving the purpose. If I fit make am to my in-law place today I go snap for you to see.

Now what's the undertone to my story?

Is simple, don't allow your tracking skills to be limited by the words of someone who probably has never been willing to go the distance you are willing to go, just to hunt down that bird.

Imagine someone coupling a 3m dish together on an over head tank 30ft above ground. A white man will go and hire crane to pull that off. So my guy, make we leave the matter like that, I like your way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by quest4s: 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
My 51e signal strength has been dancing Atlanta for a while now. What could be the problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Satdexter: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
For those who's 51.5e channels are stable, kindly let us know which frequency & symbol rate your decoder settled for.
Thanks.
Its also possible that different decoders behave differently on 51.5e.
Pls let us know the decoder you used that has stable 51.5e channels. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Satdexter: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Its not quite stable on digicom 9000HD
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by warboy3: 6:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
nairadollah:
Nigeria vs Sierra Leone live on slbc
Sat 16 degree
..anyother station airing Nig match
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olu12345: 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Big ups guys! Any Yoruba movie channel blazing fta? Sat n frequency pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
Olu12345:
Big ups guys! Any Yoruba movie channel blazing fta? Sat n frequency pls?

Tara HD @ 51.5e

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 7:06pm On Nov 17, 2020
Satdexter:
For those who's 51.5e channels are stable, kindly let us know which frequency & symbol rate your decoder settled for.
Thanks.
Its also possible that different decoders behave differently on 51.5e.
Pls let us know the decoder you used that has stable 51.5e channels. Thanks

The instability is second to none as I had some, if not most, of my channels, go blank this morning but it came back-- I am on multi-stream, tp is, 11090/v/30000.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2020
WaytoGo:

The instability is second to none as I had some, if not most, of my channels, go blank this morning but it came back-- I am on multi-stream, tp is, 11090/v/30000.

It's a very normal thing for the people transmitting on that frequency. Even the same at some point or another still happened when they were transmitting in the west.

So people should just take a chill pill and look for other channels to watch during any black out or unstable signal.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2020
Digitman2:

It's a very normal thing for the people transmitting on that frequency. Even the same at some point or another still happened when they were transmitting in the west.

So people should just take a chill pill and look for other channels to watch during any black out or unstable signal.

Seriously? Be like say I go study your experience and knowledge of FTA as a course. Loll cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by WaytoGo: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
Digitman2:

Bravo!!, just reading your post reminded me of someone I used to know (me, smiles)

Your determination to succeed is very interesting to follow, considering the amount of passion you put into it.

All I can say is, more and more satellite tracking to your accomplishment. You have made us proud.

By the way, as I was reading between the lines, I noticed you saying that you heard or was told that 42.5 degree and 68.5 degree needs big dish to be tracked.

So with my eyes closed I decided to go through every single dish size I have seen. That was used to track 68.5e, from 15years ago till this very day and it was all 60cm. It's only on rare occasions that you notice 90cm being used, majorly because of the amount of shades reducing the signal, due to trees in that location.

Also that of 42.5 not still possible with 60cm dish being said by the same set of people, like seriously. Wow thank God you never allowed yourself to be enslaved by such school of thought, because it's very very obvious that they belong to that set of installers with little experience and as such can easily discredit 60cm.

What I am about to say now might sound unrealistic to that set of people but it's so so true.

Like many many years ago, I went to the market to buy some solar panels and the shop next to the one I was buying those solar products.sells satellite tv materials. For the first time in my life I saw a 30cm dish.

Yes a 30cm dish, my G you need to see the way I take leave solar shop and grab the dish before e go disappear.

Anyways long story short. When I finally had the time, sharply I put the dish to a test. I tracked 68.5e, 36e.28.2e and even 16e, back then with the 30cm dish.

But later leave am for 28.2 (joy tv) because it was the latest satellite in town back then. Just the cuteness was a trill to my eyes, lol. About 2 years ago, my wife brother come carry am, use am install 36 degree for him bunk. Till this day the 30cm is still serving the purpose. If I fit make am to my in-law place today I go snap for you to see.

Now what's the undertone to my story?

Is simple, don't allow your tracking skills to be limited by the words of someone who probably has never been willing to go the distance you are willing to go, just to hunt down that bird.

Imagine someone coupling a 3m dish together on an over head tank 30ft above ground. A white man will go and hire crane to pull that off. So my guy, make we leave the matter like that, I like your way.

Thank you! Thank you! My testimony and breakthrough are not complete without appreciating God and yourself.

God bless you for all your sacrifices and supports.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Digitman2(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2020
WaytoGo:

Thank you! Thank you! My testimony and breakthrough are not complete without appreciating God and yourself.

God bless you for all your sacrifices and supports.

God bless you too... Abundantly
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rotepim: 7:53am On Nov 18, 2020
WaytoGo:

Thank you I am still learning though.
As for the compass, not it's not a compass but a Satfinfer which I believe digitman has revealed and explained what's all about at the previous page on this same thread?

Cheers.

@WaytoGo

Are you using a multiple lnb setup for all the satellites that you have tracked or you track one satellite,mark the position and switch to another satellite with the same lnb

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.