Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,814 members, 7,851,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5476532 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2012
Barkle: Hi gurus in the house,i'm from Ethiopia. I've been able to track and nailed twenty(20) different satellites in search of FTA football channel. In the past IRIB 3 @ 62e used to broadcast epl, laliga 4free but it no more does that now.right now there r channels that broadcast epl free but they r biss-coded and with my current decoder (eurobox 9700+), no way, it's impossible, so what shall i do? Can there be an uptodate software 4my decoder, if yes where can i get it? Are there non-biss coded fta that broad cast epl ,laliga & seria A. Thanx.
Try to get a strong decoder or any other that has a biss key provision. Biss keys are easy to find
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Darebest: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2012
pls i need the VPID, APID and PPID for the MYTV Yoruba Channel
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Darebest: pls i need the VPID, APID and PPID for the MYTV Yoruba Channel
SID: 31
VPID: 299
APID: 555
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
Darebest: pls i need the VPID, APID and PPID for the MYTV Yoruba Channel

Oga pidzo has provided it for u but note dat without an mpeg 4/HD decoder, it wouldn't show. Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
habib55: .PLS CAN I GET NILESAT @7 WEST WIT MY 1M DISH.tnx
Yes! some channel is possble
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
@Newbies & All.

I've noticed that a lot of us keep on asking for the diameter of dish with which to track one bird or the other. In my own small way, i decided to provide this table here to help out for some who don't know or are to busy to check it out.

The table below will help you to know the exact dish size recommended for a particular satellite.
This is how it works. When u see a new sat or a satellite you want to track from lyngsat, flysat, etc. What u now do is to look for the coverage area of the particular frequency u are after (eg, eastern hermisphere, nwa, mena, c,'pan african, west africa, etc). Now click on the coverage area logo to take you to the map. Its this map dat will now show u the actual physical representation of the satellite beam. On the map also, u will notice that the beam is kind of segmented with different color shades representing different numbers like 30dbw, 45dbw, 60dbw, etc. This is now where the table comes in handy. lets say the beam covering your area is 40dbw C band, from the table, it means dat the ideal dish size to track it would be 140cm. Therefore, any dish from 120cm up should be able to pull it in. As the table is divided between C and KU band, you'll do well to look at the one that applys to the beam you want.
Hope this helps out. You can always ask your questions here for more clarifications.
I'll try to update this as always as possible. Thanks.

@all.
I'll crave ur indulgence to put this post at the newbie and FAQ thread.
http://www.flysat.com/dish.php

Antenna sizes for EIRP outputs.
Below is a chart of Effective Isotropic Radiated Power which is transmitted by the satellite in the Ku band and C Band. The other side of the chart is the satellite dish size needed to receive the signal effectively from the satellite transponder to be received. This chart is particularly useful when looking at footprint charts for a particular satellite. Note that if you have an lnb of a better noise figure than those stated you will get better results using the dish size given.
Ku band (Universal LNB with noise figure of 0.7dB).
EIRP Field Intensity Antenna diameter
64 dBW 22 cm
63 dBW 24 cm
62 dBW 26 cm
61 dBW 28 cm
60 dBW 30 cm
59 dBW 32 cm
58 dBW 34 cm
57 dBW 36 cm
56 dBW 38 cm
55 dBW 40 cm
54 dBW 45 cm
53 dBW 50 cm
52 dBW 50 cm
51 dBW 55 cm
50 dBW 60 cm
49 dBW 60 cm
48 dBW 60 cm
47 dBW 75 cm
46 dBW 80 cm
45 dBW 90 cm
44 dBW 90 cm
43 dBW 100 cm
42 dBW 110 cm
41 dBW 120 cm
40 dBW 120 cm
39 dBW 135 cm
38 dBW 150 cm
37 dBW 180 cm
36 dBW 240 cm
35 dBW 300 cm
34 dBW 355 cm
33 dBW 400 cm
32 dBW 450 cm

C-Band (LNB noise figure of 20 degrees K).
EIRP Field Intensity Antenna diameter
42.0 dBW 110 cm
41.5 dBW 120 cm
41.0 dBW 130 cm
40.5 dBW 140 cm
40.0 dBW 150 cm
39.5 dBW 160 cm
39.0 dBW 170 cm
38.5 dBW 180 cm
38.0 dBW 190 cm
37.5 dBW 200 cm
37.0 dBW 210 cm
36.5 dBW 220 cm
36.0 dBW 230 cm
35.5 dBW 240 cm
35.0 dBW 250 cm
34.5 dBW 260 cm
34.0 dBW 270 cm
33.5 dBW 280 cm
33.0 dBW 290 cm
32.5 dBW 300 cm
32.0 dBW 310 cm
31.5 dBW 320 cm
31.0 dBW 330 cm
30.5 dBW 340 cm
30.0 dBW 350 cm
29.5 dBW 360 cm
29.0 dBW 370 cm
28.5 dBW 380 cm
28.0 dBW 390 cm
27.5 dBW 400 cm
27.0 dBW 410 cm
26.5 dBW 420 cm bsp; 410 cm
26.5 dBW 420 cm
/html>

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Continues here.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SmartSamfem: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
pls someone help! All my stations on ew3c are flunctuating btw 80% to as low as 36% red while the remaining station on Amos 5 are stable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
SmartSamfem: pls someone help! All my stations on ew3c are flunctuating btw 80% to as low as 36% red while the remaining station on Amos 5 are stable.

Try check your connections probably if using diseq check to see that all cables are fixed firmly to the connectors.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SmartSamfem: 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
olushaggy:

Try check your connections probably if using diseq check to see that all cables are fixed firmly to the connectors.
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
Police arrest Alaba DSTV
pirates. premiumtimesng.com/news/107322-police-arrest-alaba-dstv-pirates.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
n9jaboy:
Police arrest Alaba DSTV pirates.
premiumtimesng.com/news/107322-police-arrest-alaba-dstv-pirates.html

The suspects were arrested for allegedly pirating DSTV signals
The police in Lagos have arrested two traders, JohnAndy and Valentine Ezenwaka, for allegedly engaging in piracy of DSTV signals.
The Police Special Fraud Unit, SFU, stated this on Friday.
The duo, traders at the Alaba International market, are accused of importing, selling, and distributing “illicit” devices capable of illegally accessing DSTV’s broadcast signals to “unsuspecting” members of the public.
In a statement signed by Ngozi Isintume-Agu, the SFU Public Relations Officer, the police said it actedupon a petition by Multichoice Nigeria Limited , the provider of encrypted multi-channel satellite television service known as DSTV.
Tunde Ogunshakin, Commissioner of Police at SFU, said, according to the statement, that the suspects set up contrived equipment that act as gateways which facilitated illegal access to the multinational company’s broadcast signals.
“Some items suspected to have been used in pirating the intellectual property were recovered as exhibits,” Mr. Ogunshakin said.
According to police records, Mr. Johnson, 28, an apprentice from Abia State was arrested in Shop No. “F” 1377 and the items recovered from him included a strong decoder, 16 open boxes and one UPS.
Mr. Ezenwaka, 42, who hails from Anambra State, on the other hand, claimed to be a technician who repairs TVs, LCDs, and DVDs.
He is the owner of Shop No. “73″ and the items recovered from him included Avatars and Spider which according to him are Receivers for free to airtransmission. Also, a Laptop and Desktop Computers were recovered, the police said.
Mr. Ogunshakin said that the suspects would be charged to court “soonest.”
Multichoice, through DSTV, has a monopoly over major programmes and events in Nigeria including the English Premier League , and the full UEFA Champions League . The seemingly high cost of subscription for the DSTV channels makes some Nigerians look for ways to by-pass official and legal routes to access these programs and channels.
Officials of Multichoice have in the past explained that moneys paid to get the rights of some of theseexclusive programs and channels, coupled with huge operation costs, lead to the high subscription fees.

Lets be guided.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
Jackobite: Yes! some channel is possble
.pls i need more info. On hw 2 go abt it,lyk TPS nd odas
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
olenyi:

The police in Lagos have arrested two traders, JohnAndy and Valentine Ezenwaka, for allegedly engaging in piracy of DSTV signals.
The duo, traders at the Alaba International market, are accused of importing, selling, and distributing “illicit” devices capable of illegally accessing DSTV’s broadcast signals to “unsuspecting” members of the public.
In a statement signed by Ngozi Isintume-Agu, the SFU Public Relations Officer, the police said it actedupon a petition by Multichoice Nigeria Limited , the provider of encrypted multi-channel satellite television service known as DSTV.
Tunde Ogunshakin, Commissioner of Police at SFU, said, according to the statement, that the suspects set up contrived equipment that act as gateways which facilitated illegal access to the multinational company’s broadcast signals.
“Some items suspected to have been used in pirating the intellectual property were recovered as exhibits,” Mr. Ogunshakin said.
According to police records, Mr. Johnson, 28, an apprentice from Abia State was arrested in Shop No. “F” 1377 and the items recovered from him included a strong decoder, 16 open boxes and one UPS.
Mr. Ezenwaka, 42, who hails from Anambra State, on the other hand, claimed to be a technician who repairs TVs, LCDs, and DVDs.
He is the owner of Shop No. “73″ and the items recovered from him included Avatars and Spider which according to him are Receivers for free to airtransmission. Also, a Laptop and Desktop Computers were recovered, the police said.
Multichoice, through DSTV, has a monopoly over major programmes and events in Nigeria including the English Premier League , and the full UEFA Champions League . The seemingly high cost of subscription for the DSTV channels makes some Nigerians look for ways to by-pass official and legal routes to access these programs and channels.
Officials of Multichoice have in the past explained that moneys paid to get the rights of some of theseexclusive programs and channels, coupled with huge operation costs, lead to the high subscription fees.

Lets be guided.

make police mind there business oh because am planing of getting liberty star soon
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
olenyi:

Lets be guided.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=Xpset][/quote]
instead to tell multichoice nigeria to reduce dia subscription to 3k for full bonquet,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=Xpset][/quote]
instead to tell multichoice nigeria to reduce dia subscription to 3k for full bonquet,
so dat nobody wud nt be boda of buyin dongle box anymore,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 7:16am On Nov 17, 2012
In PH here I found out that I can enjoy all the exclusive channels in DSTV. CAN shows all the european league matches, has all the MBC package and many more with just 3150, monthly subscription.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2012
n9jaboy: Police arrest Alaba DSTV
pirates. premiumtimesng.com/news/107322-police-arrest-alaba-dstv-pirates.html
A warning to the wise cool cool
Akinige: instead to tell multichoice nigeria to reduce dia subscription to 3k for full bonquet,
so dat nobody wud nt be boda of buyin dongle box anymore,
Xpset: make police mind there business oh because am planing of getting liberty star soon
Caution must be heeded when discussing or dealing with these issues. We all know piracy is illegal anywhere, anyhow. I would personally feel bad if I hear my friend Xpset or Akinige was arrested because he was caught with a dongle. When these guys come knocking on your door it's when you realise how childish you have handled the whole situation. The law will not excuse you. I love you guys and lets exercise caution. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:02am On Nov 17, 2012
Pidzo:

Caution must be heeded when discussing or dealing with these issues. We all know piracy is illegal anywhere, anyhow. I would personally feel bad if I hear my friend Xpset or Akinige was arrested because he was caught with a dongle. When these guys come knocking on your door it's when you realise how childish you have handled the whole situation. The law will not excuse you. I love you guys and lets exercise caution. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Word. Moral of the story; lets be guided.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2012
olenyi: @Newbies & All.

I've noticed that a lot of us keep on asking for the diameter of dish with which to track one bird or the other. In my own small way, i decided to provide this table here to help out for some who don't know or are to busy to check it out.
. . . . . . . . .

26.5 dBW 420 cm bsp; 410 cm
26.5 dBW 420 cm
/html>
@ Olenyi good job there . . and please post in the reference too if . .NO when you can . . thank you.
Pidzo:

@ Pidzo you just about summed it up . . threading on the path of caution is all it takes grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Remmyjex(m): 11:45am On Nov 17, 2012
Talenty: In PH here I found out that I can enjoy all the exclusive channels in DSTV. CAN shows all the european league matches, has all the MBC package and many more with just 3150, monthly subscription.
.How do u get it at dis price my dear.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben4reel: 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
Fixed!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
Remmyjex: .How do u get it at dis price my dear.
you can get this by buying CTL cable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2012
Ars vs Spurs live now on RDV 27min
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2012
Lanceosas: you can get this by buying CTL cable

CTL cable is not everywhere. available to some selected state in ng
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
@olenyi,
Good job. Please keep the house updated on the dangers of signal piracy. Seems we need more doses
of such news. Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
microgiant: @George,

It's like the Waffi lightening had struck my Avenger LNB. angry I will do a comprehensive test today after work to confirm. The TV and STB are not affected as I always unplug them from the mains and disconnect the RF Cable daily as a precaution. Lightening in Warri is something else.

@Microgiant,
Sorry about your loss. You just experienced a little of what I passed through in Season 3 of the official FTA thread.
I hope you'll be able to salvage some of the equipment so it doesn't turn out a total loss. Warri and thunder! Na wao !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Talenty(m): 5:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
[Remmyjex].How do u get it at dis price my dear. CAN is Cable African network. The HD decoder is 13,650 with one month free subscription. It has about 78 world class channels combining sports channels all the Aljazeera & Abhudabi sports. Their network covers some parts of SS & SE
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 9:00pm On Nov 17, 2012
Talenty: [Remmyjex].How do u get it at dis price my dear. CAN is Cable African network. The HD decoder is 13,650 with one month free subscription. It has about 78 world class channels combining sports channels all the Aljazeera & Abhudabi sports. Their network covers some parts of SS & SE

Dstv will not allow them to operate in north abuja and lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Akinige(m): 11:23pm On Nov 17, 2012
Pidzo:

ok kkkk
tenkz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 1:09am On Nov 18, 2012
olenyi:

"can they get arrested for distributing or viewing dstv channels illegally...somewhere near the middle-east or south-east asia on fringe reception"...so much more! .. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.