Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:43 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5488209 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kelechi55: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2012
hello house pls can someone hlep me with the tp to track amos
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Mavella(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
kelechi55: pls house can someone hlep me with the tp to track amos
try 12216 V 27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2012
GURUS IN D HOUSE, I THINK AM IN DEEP SHIT. MY 'LESS DAN 1 MONTH OLD' SRT 4669X DECODER JUXT STOPPED WORKING. WENEVA I POWER IT ON, IT DISPLAYS NOTHING ON THE TV AND IT WONT LOAD ANY CHANNEL, THE ONLY TIN I C ON THE PLACE WIA CHANNEL NUMBA SHULD APPEAR ON D DECODA IS ''----''. PLS, TELL ME WOT I CAN DO 2 HELP MASELF OR WIA I CAN GET HELP. ALSO, I WANT TO KNW WOT CAUSED DIS; MAYBE ITS JUXT A NATURAL 4LT OR I CAUSD IT SOMEWAY. XPETING UR REPLY SOONEST. TANX NLANDERZ.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
profsomebody: GURUS IN D HOUSE, I THINK AM IN DEEP SHIT. MY 'LESS DAN 1 MONTH OLD' SRT 4669X DECODER JUXT STOPPED WORKING. WENEVA I POWER IT ON, IT DISPLAYS NOTHING ON THE TV AND IT WONT LOAD ANY CHANNEL, THE ONLY TIN I C ON THE PLACE WIA CHANNEL NUMBA SHULD APPEAR ON D DECODA IS ''----''. PLS, TELL ME WOT I CAN DO 2 HELP MASELF OR WIA I CAN GET HELP. ALSO, I WANT TO KNW WOT CAUSED DIS; MAYBE ITS JUXT A NATURAL 4LT OR I CAUSD IT SOMEWAY. XPETING UR REPLY SOONEST. TANX NLANDERZ.

Bro, disconnect the lnb wire and power it back on. Den report back lets take it from dia.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunny78(m): 7:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pls what freguency can i use to track infinity tv and how many free channels can i fine there
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
profsomebody: GURUS IN D HOUSE, I THINK AM IN DEEP SHIT. MY 'LESS DAN 1 MONTH OLD' SRT 4669X DECODER JUXT STOPPED WORKING. WENEVA I POWER IT ON, IT DISPLAYS NOTHING ON THE TV AND IT WONT LOAD ANY CHANNEL, THE ONLY TIN I C ON THE PLACE WIA CHANNEL NUMBA SHULD APPEAR ON D DECODA IS ''----''. PLS, TELL ME WOT I CAN DO 2 HELP MASELF OR WIA I CAN GET HELP. ALSO, I WANT TO KNW WOT CAUSED DIS; MAYBE ITS JUXT A NATURAL 4LT OR I CAUSD IT SOMEWAY. XPETING UR REPLY SOONEST. TANX NLANDERZ.
Try to upgrade it via PC using cross RS232 cable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2012
Convergence Partners exits Africa satellite venture

A consortium led by Convergence Partners, formed by businessman Andile Ngcaba, has sold its 25.1% stake in satellite joint venture New Dawn to Intelsat South Africa for an undisclosed amount, it said on Wednesday.

Intelsat, Convergence Partners and Altirah Telecoms formed the $250m New Dawn in 2008 to provide satellite communications services to Africa.

The satellite was launched last year and commercial services started in June this year.

Mr Ngcaba, who is also chairman of Convergence Partners, said the New Dawn partnership was created to enable the parties to achieve specific objectives.

"The technical anomaly that resulted in the nondeployment of one of the satellite s reflectors precluded us from fully realising our broader objectives," he said.

"The venture was a landmark deal for Africa and fundamentally changed the way Africans participate in this critical sector and, as such, remains something we are very proud of."

Intelsat New Dawn s main objective is to deliver telephony, broadband internet access and media content to much of Africa. It also aims to address the capacity backlog faced by providers of wireless telecommunications, broadband services, corporate network services and pay-TV providers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
hello guys...i just got sm cash and i'm thinking of buying a new decoder(strong)..pls i need advice on the best one i could buy..sm guy told me SRT 4922HD Is good(with youtube and stuff) and pocket friendly...bt i heard 4930hd is another 1 to watchout for..pls help@olenyi,pidzo,oga george,odilibe,etc,etcS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Cleanman(m): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
hello guys...i just got sm cash and i'm thinking of buying a new decoder(strong)..pls i need advice on the best one i could buy..sm guy told me SRT 4922HD Is good(with youtube and stuff) and pocket friendly...bt i heard 4930hd is another 1 to watchout for..pls help i dnt want to buy a fake one o!@olenyi,pidzo,oga george,odilibe,etc,etcS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2012
sunny78:
Pls what freguency can i use to track infinity tv and how many free channels can i fine there

Good Evening,

Infinity TV package moved from Astra 2B to Amos 5@ 17° East, West-Central footprint.
Frequency 11155 V DVB-S2 QPSK SR 45000

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pidzo: Convergence Partners exits Africa satellite venture

A consortium led by Convergence Partners, formed by businessman Andile Ngcaba, has sold its 25.1% stake in satellite joint venture New Dawn to Intelsat South Africa for an undisclosed amount, it said on Wednesday.

Intelsat, Convergence Partners and Altirah Telecoms formed the $250m New Dawn in 2008 to provide satellite communications services to Africa.

The satellite was launched last year and commercial services started in June this year.

Mr Ngcaba, who is also chairman of Convergence Partners, said the New Dawn partnership was created to enable the parties to achieve specific objectives.

"The technical anomaly that resulted in the nondeployment of one of the satellite s reflectors precluded us from fully realising our broader objectives," he said.

"The venture was a landmark deal for Africa and fundamentally changed the way Africans participate in this critical sector and, as such, remains something we are very proud of."

Intelsat New Dawn s main objective is to deliver telephony, broadband internet access and media content to much of Africa. It also aims to address the capacity backlog faced by providers of wireless telecommunications, broadband services, corporate network services and pay-TV providers.

Good evening,

Intelsat New Dawn @ 32.9° East,
New Naija tv Platform on frequency 11014 H DVB-S SR 29995.

Channels on, ITV Nigeria and JET TV.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2012
kibukila: Kungu and Pidzo I want to track Paksat 1R 38E,which tp is best to use using 1.8m prime focus dish my location is East Africa.

Good Evening,

Use frequency 4158 V DVB-S SR 12000 to track Paksat 1R

Your prime focus dish should face the Dstv position.

In Kenya the dish faces upwards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2012
Kungu:

Good evening,

Intelsat New Dawn @ 32.9° East,
New Naija tv Platform on frequency 11014 H DVB-S SR 29995.

Channels on, ITV Nigeria and JET TV.

Sometime ago, DSTV was using those channels with service 4 to 10 as feed for Super sports 7 though they usually mute the audio.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 9:12pm On Nov 27, 2012
Kungu:

Good Evening,

Infinity TV package moved from Astra 2B to Amos 5@ 17° East, West-Central footprint.

its red with 41% here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2012
Please House,
i put on my receiver now to realize all Multi tv channels are not working. Pls confirm if it
is general.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2012
olushaggy: Please House,
i put on my receiver now to realize all Multi tv channels are not working. Pls confirm if it
is general.
blindscan ur decoder .am watchn multitv with ds 12603 v 3095 and 12526v19531
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pls pls nd pls 4 God sake.am a complet novice bt i knw hw to input tp nd rotate.pls gve me 3 popular chanels dat share same freq wit "programe national" nd i wil luk 4it nw.am novice to birds.pls n pls now.i wnt to search it against tmoro. God bles u al
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lanceosas(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2012
olushaggy: Please House,
is general.
is a general problem,may be their trying to activate the new tp 12522 v 27500 let us wait and see.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 9:58pm On Nov 27, 2012
olenyi:

Bro, disconnect the lnb wire and power it back on. Den report back lets take it from dia.
Tanks bro. I want to bliv d lnb z dat cable coming 4rm d dish; if yes, i av don dat bt d prob persists. Pls help. God bless ya
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lanceosas: is a general problem,may be their trying to activate the new tp 12522 v 27500 let us wait and see.

Ok 10ks i will try it later...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
roman001: blindscan ur decoder .am watchn multitv with ds 12603 v 3095 and 12526v19531

How come, where is your location?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pls am waitn.i av 4669 wit 2.6m
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2012
Pidzo:
Try to upgrade it via PC using cross RS232 cable.
tanx boss bt pls kindly shed mur light nd if its possible 2 upgrade using anoda 49x software, kindly xplain how. Am totaly new 2 d satelite world bt a fast learner. Tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
profsomebody:
tanx boss bt pls kindly shed mur light nd if its possible 2 upgrade using anoda 49x software, kindly xplain how. Am totaly new 2 d satelite world bt a fast learner. Tanx

This is curtesy of Oga twinstaiye at the FAQ thread.

HOW TO BUILD AN RS 232 CABLE
Go to the guys selling computer parts. Buy an rs 232 cable (as shown in Diagram 1). You cantake the picture along with you for them to understand. Both ends of the cable should be female (with holes) See attached diagram. The connections will be
pin 2-----------------------------------pin 3
pin 3-----------------------------------pin 2
pin 5-----------------------------------pin 5
Though it may be difficult for you to physically know what connects to what, i willgive you my own style.
Take a cutter (or knife, pliers) and cut your cable into 2 at the midpoint (middle), you will find 9 coloured cables including a Unclad one. You will only need the Green, Orange, Red and the Unclad cable. Connects it like thisat both ends.
END 1 END 2
Red ------> connects to <----------- Orange
Orange ------> connects to <----------- Red
Green -----> connects to <----------- Green
Unclad wire ------> connects to <----------- Unclad wire
If you connect it well, then you are good to go. (make sure you cover the connected ends with cello tape before you destroy your decoder oooo)
Check the diagram for more details.
However, if your own cable is different, you will need a Multimeter (in the diagram) to test the cable to actually determine pin 2, 3 and 5 then you cross it as is shown in the diagram. How do you test? Alright, Turn the multimeter in such a way as if you are testingfor the resistance of the cable e.g. 2k, then connect one end of your Multimeter to pin 2 (second hole from right) (see pin diagram 1 -5, 6 – 9) and then the other end of the meter,use it to touch each ends of the coloured cables to test. If there is a deflection(analog) or value (for digital) , then you know that is the cable for that particular hole (pin 2) . Do the same to determine pin 3 and 5. The Unclad cable is easy to see. You can then connect the cable to your decoder and PC to start the transfer.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2012
Lanceosas: is a general problem,may be their trying to activate the new tp 12522 v 27500 let us wait and see.

Multi TV channels have moved to 12523 V 19531.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 10:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
@olushaggy, Lanceosas and the rest of us needing MultiTV: Just do as roman001 advised and MultiTV will bounce back unto your screen. Heed to it, Sharp Sharp!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olushaggy(m): 11:00pm On Nov 27, 2012
lovala: @olushaggy, Lanceosas and the rest of us needing MultiTV: Just do as roman001 advised and MultiTV will bounce back unto your screen. Heed to it, Sharp Sharp!!

10ks...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:01pm On Nov 27, 2012
james_mac:

Multi TV channels have moved to 12523 V 19531.
very correct
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
kelechi55: pls house can someone hlep me with the tp to track amos

11801v27500 or check www.lyngsat.com/Amos-5.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
Kungu:

Good Evening,

o
plz side are u; am 4m osun state in osogbo i try it but not show its red.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 12:47am On Nov 28, 2012
Did anybody knows where i can get srt4902 or srt4930 hd decoder in GHANA,Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 12:57am On Nov 28, 2012
Olutozn54: Pls pls nd pls 4 God sake.am a complet novice bt i knw hw to input tp nd rotate.pls gve me 3 popular chanels dat share same freq wit "programe national" nd i wil luk 4it nw.am novice to birds.pls n pls now.i wnt to search it against tmoro. God bles u al
TDA BOUQUET:Entv-programme national on atlanticbird 3@5west,steerable beam, frequency;11059H..Entv-programme national on ses-4@22west,europe/middle-east beam on frequency 12673H...happy fringe tracking & biss key searching.... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)