Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5437395 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
4Tine8guy:
Greetings guys,
I want someone to assist me with the use of phone in tracking satellite signal. I have a tracker but i also want to know about the use of android phone for tracking. Thanks.

Am i being avoided ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2023
4Tine8guy:

Am i being avoided ?

Copied:
One of the ways to track a satellite using phones without a satfinder gadgets handy.

Requirements
A. 2 smartphones
B. Download a dish pointer app on smartphone.
C. Download WhatsApp on the phones.
D. DATA

Use a dish pointer app earlier downloaded to locate the direction of your choice satellite. (Azimuth)

Set you elevation by using the indication scale at the back of your dish.

Now to Align your dish properly. This is when we now need the two phones.
Do a video call on whatsapp on one of the phone and place it in your seating room facing the TV. It is assumed you have plugged your decoder and imputes the TP of the satellite you want track and its showing on your TV.

Take the second phone with you up the ladder ( Your TV is mirrored here to see your
signal strength and signal quality)

Begin to adjust your dish left to right or up and down while looking at your phone to see if it will hit green. Tightened your dish at maximum signal quality.
That's the summary.
I have used this method to find different satellites.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
waleayeni1:

Abeg I still need help o

Which Satellite position is this?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 4:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
4Tine8guy:

Your location?
Abuja
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Drone17: 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
I heard something is cooking at 45e. I'll track this evening.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by AshipaEk0: 8:30am On Apr 20, 2023
I'm always mystified how/why motorized setups never took off for small dish installations in this country.

I guess the technical limitations are an issue
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by maidaboi(m): 8:42am On Apr 20, 2023
adubam:

Link sent
interested abednegomaida1@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Ameboperoo:

Abuja
Wow. That's a real distance. I'm in Warri. It could be available here
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2023
adubam:

Copied:
One of the ways to track a satellite using phones without a satfinder gadgets handy.

Requirements
A. 2 smartphones
D. DATA

Use a dish pointer app earlier downloaded to locate the direction of your choice satellite. (Azimuth)

Do a video call on whatsapp on one of the phone and place it in your seating room facing the TV. It is assumed you have plugged your decoder and imputes the TP of the satellite you want track and its showing on your TV.

Take the second phone with you up the ladder ( Your TV is mirrored here to see your

Begin to adjust your dish left to right or up and down while looking at your phone to see if it will hit green. Tightened your dish at maximum signal quality.
That's the summary.

Thank you very much and God bless you for this education. I've learnt from this. I appreciate bro.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
adubam:

Link sent

Please kindly include me. obukatawisdomj@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
adubam:

Copied:

Requirements
A. 2 smartphones
D. DATA

That's the summary.

You're welcome
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
4Tine8guy:

Please kindly include me. obukatawisdomj@gmail.com
Done
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 12:18pm On Apr 22, 2023
Drone17:
I heard something is cooking at 45e. I'll track this evening.
Kindly share this information with me pls. donfolex@live.com
Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2023
adubam:

Done
Thank you bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by waleayeni1: 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2023
adubam:

Done

I am interested too
Abeg send to Kuyen_me@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 3:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
AshipaEk0:
I'm always mystified how/why motorized setups never took off for small dish installations in this country.

I guess the technical limitations are an issue

Brother, you are late to the party. it has been done and dusted.

Like the Great GeorgeD will say, Break the myth, dispel the belief - you know you can!. grin grin grin

Only constraint was the motor wasn't available in Nigeria and Multi-LNB became the in thing at the time.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Drone17: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2023
folex:

Kindly share this information with me pls. donfolex@live.com
Thanks
MiSport 1 and 2 but has been off since Friday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 6:37am On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

Before Telegram App came

Change is constant, chief!

Good morning house... Please I need an installer in Abuja around Karu/Nyanya that can help do multi lnb on 1.8m dish.

Also, I need cband lnb, in case if @adubam or anyone around has that is not making use of anymore.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2023
showietee:

Change is constant, chief!

Good morning house... Please I need an installer in Abuja around Karu/Nyanya that can help do multi lnb on 1.8m dish.

Also, I need cband lnb, in case if @adubam or anyone around has that is not making use of anymore.

Pay $100 make I come run practical on your dish.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 12:17pm On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

Pay $100 make I come run practical on your dish.

My oga himself, you have been busy over the years... When will you be chanced to help me out?

Also, hope you will be bringing the cband lnb as well?

I already have those regular (28,42,51 and so on) on 90 cm dish... But I need to station this 1.8m dish make forever wey de my decoder no waste.

Want to put 5e,9e, 7&8w on the dish....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kedzht(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

They will ban me. Send email

Please add me up bro!
coladeh007@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2023
showietee:

My oga himself, you have been busy over the years... When will you be chanced to help me out?

Also, hope you will be bringing the cband lnb as well?

I already have those regular (28,42,51 and so on) on 90 cm dish... But I need to station this 1.8m dish make forever wey de my decoder no waste.

Want to put 5e,9e, 7&8w on the dish....

Why not use CHMAX? Have you finally got the 1.8m? That forever thing is costly to renew.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kedzht(m): 5:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

They will ban me. Send email

Thanks 🙏 Bro..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

Why not use CHMAX? Have you finally got the 1.8m? That forever thing is costly to renew.

Yes, I got the dish. Renew? Maybe that will be buying another decoder...

Will chmax not consume too much data?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Drone17: 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2023
I bought a diseqc switch that is labeled diseqc 2.0 which didn't work on my decoder. My decoder says diseqc 1.0. Is there any difference?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
showietee:

Will chmax not consume too much data?

Will chmax not consume too much data?[/quote

Most of the recent installers don't know how to manipulate cband and multiple LNBF. My V8 Pro Finder I oredered from AliExpress is under custom clearing when I get it I'll resume sat business part time.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by showietee: 5:36pm On Apr 24, 2023
adubam:

Most of the recent installers don't know how to manipulate cband and multiple LNBF. My V8 Pro Finder I oredered from AliExpress is under custom clearing when I get it I'll resume sat business part time.

So, when will the practicals be?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
kedzht:

Thanks 🙏 Bro..

You're Wellcome.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
showietee:

So, when will the practicals be?

Me I be office person. it will be week ends.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oloet: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2023
How much was the total landing cost

adubam:

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
oloet:
How much was the total landing cost

$89

(1) (2) (3) ... (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.