Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (2325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5430557 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 7:25am On May 05, 2023
graphicicon:
please guys, can redmi 5 plus work with mtn network, mtn 2G, Mtn 3G, and Mtn 4G? i want to order it from aliexpress

Why going for Redmi 5 plus, that phone is outdated though still very much a good phone.

Why not get Redmi 8 or better still If it's because of cash look for some of the new releases of Redmi phone.

Also have it in mind that ordering from Aliexperess is 50/50 as per custom issues
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:25am On May 05, 2023
jiday4:

Why going for Redmi 5 plus, that phone is outdated though still very much a good phone.

Why not get Redmi 8 or better still If it's because of cash look for some of the new releases of Redmi phone.

Also have it in mind that ordering from Aliexperess is 50/50 as per custom issues
@jiday4 the reason why am going for redmi note 5 is because of its features, it has compass, infrared port, any other new redmi series that are sold in nigeria that has this features is above N100k, the redmi 9A that is about N62k in nigeria doesn't have these features,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:27am On May 05, 2023
jiday4:

what about the custom issue you talked about, i have never experience any issue since i have been ordering from aliexpress, is there any info you want to tell me?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:28am On May 05, 2023
i have change my mind, am going for redmi 7, it support all network bands in nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jiday4(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2023
graphicicon:
what about the custom issue you talked about, i have never experience any issue since i have been ordering from aliexpress, is there any info you want to tell me?

Custom do seize phones it's only by luck if the phone is not seize and you pay almost ×2 of the phone. But like I said it's 50/50 chance.

Have been ordering product from Aliexpress for year's too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 7:16am On May 06, 2023
graphicicon:
i have change my mind, am going for redmi 7, it support all network bands in nigeria

You always like to disturb this thread.

Boss, I used Redmi Note 4X, lost it, then bought Redmi 5 plus, before I purchased Redmi Note 8T. All have 4G network. However the 5 Plus has a very strong network compared to the 8T, where the 8T is showing 1Bar Signal Strength the 5 Plus has 3 bars and if the 5plus shows 1 or 2 bars the 8T will show No Network!!! angry Madam is using the 5 plus without any problems. Gorilla Glass Screen, Infrared, etc..

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:06am On May 06, 2023
jiday4:

Custom do seize phones it's only by luck if the phone is not seize and you pay almost ×2 of the phone. But like I said it's 50/50 chance.

Have been ordering product from Aliexpress for year's too
@ jiday4 i have been ordering from aliexpress since 2017, electronic items , electronic panels, and even decoders, they have never seize any item from aliexpress, am suprise to hear this, is there any special attention on phone products?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 9:24am On May 06, 2023
i also read custom charge on goods above N50,000, i believe the one i want to order is about $82.55 which is about N38,055 according to CBN official Rate, so i believe there wont be any obstruction i know custom will CBN official rate to calculate, @Jiday4
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 1:36am On May 07, 2023
my aster s100 decoder is showing "Boot", how will i revive it with software
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2023
Greetings everyone.
Pls I want to know if OUR TV premium channels that comes with the decoder are still working.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2023
graphicicon:
my aster s100 decoder is showing "Boot", how will i revive it with software

This same problem with you boss.

Software won't correct it. I have tried that method it didn't work. It's RS232 VGA to computer that can solve it. I'm currently looking for that cable.
In case you solve yours kindly let me know
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 4:21pm On May 09, 2023
Guys in the house,
I have been trying to nail Naijacomsat @42.5e using 12518H 29500 to no avail, is it still online or off air??
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lexxybb: 9:11pm On May 09, 2023
4Tine8guy:
Greetings everyone.
Pls I want to know if OUR TV premium channels that comes with the decoder are still working.
OurTv Nigeria? - the channels are still showing, but their Yoruba Movie channel and one other channel are not showing for sometime now

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 4Tine8guy(m): 9:35pm On May 09, 2023
lexxybb:

OurTv Nigeria? - the channels are still showing, but their Yoruba Movie channel and one other channel are not showing for sometime now

Thank you for the response. The decoder has been working well until the dish collapsed due to heavy storm. After i reinstalled it, the message displayed on screen says it should be activated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:00pm On May 10, 2023
So no FTA showing Champions league even Wednesday matches again.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lincolnola: 9:29pm On May 10, 2023
lincolnola:
Guys in the house,
I have been trying to nail Naijacomsat @42.5e using 12518H 29500 to no avail, is it still online or off air??

Great guys,
Is this sat still online?? I couldn't nail green on the sat,( Naijacomsat
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 12:20am On May 11, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So no FTA showing Champions league even Wednesday matches again.
still showing. Ask questions don't jump to conclusion then you will be answered.,,, 😀😀 Living tv does show it on nigcomsat direction
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 12:21am On May 11, 2023
lincolnola:

Great guys,
Is this sat still online?? I couldn't nail green on the sat,( Naijacomsat
100% on. Engage me if you are Lagos to help you out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:37am On May 11, 2023
philipbash:
still showing. Ask questions don't jump to conclusion then you will be answered.,,, 😀😀 Living tv does show it on nigcomsat direction
What about Tuesdays matches
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 3:37pm On May 11, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What about Tuesdays matches
yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kaido: 8:04pm On May 14, 2023
adubam:

This same problem with you boss.

Software won't correct it. I have tried that method it didn't work. It's RS232 VGA to computer that can solve it. I'm currently looking for that cable.
In case you solve yours kindly let me know
Good evening bro.

I visited a family friend today using C-SAT pro decoder, and I was surprised at the channels he was recieving. Channels wey Startimes & GoTv dey use bill me monthly na him person dey use for free. I asked him over 5 times, if he ain't paying for it, he said na free to air

I know nothing about FTA channels. But I was watching Al Jazeera, Animal planet/channel, Crime, TVC and some other cool channels.

Can you list beside the C-SAT decoder, other stuffs I go buy to dey catch those channels?

I have suffered enuff
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2023
Kaido:

Good evening bro.

I visited a family friend today using C-SAT pro decoder, and I was surprised at the channels he was recieving. Channels wey Startimes & GoTv dey use bill me monthly na him person dey use for free. I asked him over 5 times, if he ain't paying for it, he said na free to air

I know nothing about FTA channels. But I was watching Al Jazeera, Animal planet/channel, Crime, TVC and some other cool channels.

Can you list beside the C-SAT decoder, other stuffs I go buy to dey catch those channels?

I have suffered enuff

Is not because he's using CSAT only that's why he got those channels. He's decoder could have a Forever account or he positioned his dish to that satellite position offering that for free " Temporary "

If you're not an installer; free to air will frustrate you because those stations might be blocked today and you start calling installer to position it to another satellite direction.

Your best bet is to get any decoder that has IPTV, FOREVER, and CHMAX functions and get a good installer to track. You can enjoy unlimited channels via internet connections even ddds....tv stations

I would rather you get Tiger T50 or T60 or Aster S150 decoder.

My favorite amongst them is T60.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:30am On May 15, 2023
Kaido:

Good evening bro.

I have suffered enuff
Nicomsat position have Channels tv, any free to Air decoder can get it.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 6:04am On May 15, 2023
I hate it when people keep advertising IPTV.
Such services no longer makes it free to air due to subscription and data services.
Please gurus in the house need to emphasize on the quality channels gotten on big size dishes cause I know they don't have to keep repositioning the satellite every time.
adubam:

Is not because he's using CSAT only that's why he got those channels. He's decoder could have a Forever account or he positioned his dish to that satellite position offering that for free " Temporary "

If you're not an installer; free to air will frustrate you because those stations might be blocked today and you start calling installer to position it to another satellite direction.

Your best bet is to get any decoder that has IPTV, FOREVER, and CHMAX functions and get a good installer to track. You can enjoy unlimited channels via internet connections even ddds....tv stations

I would rather you get Tiger T50 or T60 or Aster S150 decoder.

My favorite amongst them is T60.

Kaido:

Good evening bro.

I have suffered enuff
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by philipbash: 8:15am On May 15, 2023
Kaido:

Good evening bro.

I have suffered enuff
Go for forever enabled decoder like mediastar, tiger, starsat, asteriod. This decoder has the software with the aid of hotspot via internet from your phone can help in unlocking some channels

Likewise we have sunplus decoder with nashare account that is also good for many big dishes eg televes, csat, and so on. Consult me or any other installer to explain better if necessary

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 9:17am On May 15, 2023
philipbash:
Go for forever enabled decoder like mediastar, tiger, starsat, asteriod. This decoder has the software with the aid of hotspot via internet from your phone can help in unlocking some channels

Likewise we have sunplus decoder with nashare account that is also good for many big dishes eg televes, csat, and so on. Consult me or any other installer to explain better if necessary
very soon una eyes to clear
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2023
umbo:

very soon una eyes to clear

Seriously it's very annoying hearing about forever this and that, this is a Free To Air thread meaning it should be free, besides one can always watch most foreign channels on their android phone, the extra steps of subscription and data to view certain channels doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2023
tivta:

Seriously it's very annoying hearing about forever this and that, this is a Free To Air thread meaning it should be free, besides one can always watch most foreign channels on their android phone, the extra steps of subscription and data to view certain channels doesn't make sense.
You are correct. I use android box for premium content and use FTA to while away time.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2023
tivta:
I hate it when people keep advertising IPTV.
Such services no longer makes it free to air due to subscription and data services.
Please gurus in the house need to emphasize on the quality channels gotten on big size dishes cause I know they don't have to keep repositioning the satellite every time.

Why would you be looking for free things 100%?
For your information nothing is free on earth. Those free to air stations are heavily paid for in dollars to their hosts.
The least amount to set up a free to air system could range from 20k to 300k depending on decoder and dish size, is that also free?

And where did I advertise IPTV.
I feel you lack comprehensive abilities.

Please keep your hate to yourself and let those who can afford it be.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tivta(m): 4:44pm On May 15, 2023
adubam:

Why would you be looking for free things 100%?
For your information nothing is free on earth. Those free to air stations are heavily paid for in dollars to their hosts.
The least amount to set up a free to air system could range from 20k to 300k depending on decoder and dish size, is that also free?

And where did I advertise IPTV.
I feel you lack comprehensive abilities.

Please keep your hate to yourself and let those who can afford it be.

Mr know it all well done, nothing is free yet aljazeera, bbc, sky news, mbc channels, etc is free, it's just unfortunate the true users of FTA are currently not online, you talk about paying for service yet you are doing bypass with hacked decoders? Why not just use DStv since you can afford your forever crack?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adubam(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2023
tivta:

Mr know it all well done, nothing is free yet aljazeera, bbc, sky news, mbc channels, etc is free, it's just unfortunate the true users of FTA are currently not online, you talk about paying for service yet you are doing bypass with hacked decoders? Why not just use DStv since you can afford your forever crack?

You lack comprehension " Nothing is free 100%" I hope you no get F9 in English for WAEC grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2023
adubam:

You lack comprehension " Nothing is free 100%" I hope you no get F9 in English for WAEC grin grin grin grin grin grin
All those channels he listed are free 100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) (2328) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.