Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5444534 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
My AIT is not showing, Is scrammbled
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2012
Citizen Tv on intelsal68.5e,7,10k freq 12578 V 3099
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2012
mide8e: My AIT is not showing, Is scrammbled

Yes, they have gone off. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2012
Jackobite: .@ ihacked as the red boy got injured just like that longtime bro!
hmmm the everly strong redboy keep panting for more!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by THREASHOLD20: 5:33am On Dec 15, 2012
olenyi:

@threashhold. It'll do u good to always read every post that u might have missed anytime u log in. It will bring u abreast of developments and u may not need to ask certain questions dat has already been previously answered.

For ur question, just select any satellite name dat ends with ku and input 12562 v 30000 and track; a little above multi tv position and to ur right while standing at the back of the dish. Den blinscan. Regards.
Thanks men I'll always comply.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:49am On Dec 15, 2012
olenyi:

Just got it.Thank you. You and Pidzo are just the men.
Sorry i was off network coverage area since morning. Was able to gain access to a 1.8m dish. The channel exists and showing loud and clear with good signal. My only fear is if they sometimes scramble with biss during important programmes as they do with Jesus is lord channel. (noticed dat ''Jesus is Lord'' channel on intelsat 7/10 broadcast the same progamme as that one). Maybe i should bring it to the house. My warm Regards to you and pidzo.
That is the spirit brother. Just don't give up until you get what you want.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2012
^^^

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by banysat(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2012
Good Morning all satmates

I'm looking for a good inverto ku band lnb to use on a 2.4meter prime focus or 3.7meter mesh dish for fringe receptions in south east Africa region,so which one would you recommend?
Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:27am On Dec 15, 2012
banysat: Good Morning all satmates

I'm looking for a good inverto ku band lnb to use on a 2.4meter prime focus or 3.7meter mesh dish for fringe receptions in south east Africa region,so which one would you recommend?
Thank you

Inverto is inverto. What u need is to get the one with the lowest noise factor u can find for ku, that is 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, etc.

And it also good to use like dual or quad view. It helps so u can connect many decoders at once without going to touch ur dish later. Regards.

Its also good to point out here for people who don't know that ideally, when it comes to lnb's, a lower noise figure points to better performance. Eg a ku lnb of 0.1 is better than one rated 0.3. Likewise a c band lnb of 13k is better than one with 17k.

Though we've discovered here from experience, experiments, and from other forums, dat most of the dubious manufacturers just stamp a lower noise figure on their lnb's in other to sale their products.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:51am On Dec 15, 2012
Jackobite: hmmm the everly strong redboy keep panting for more!!!

noting is happening to that boy bro he is very strong and rooming around with full HD things in his bag
you have to see this bag but me the fearfulness of his face am afraid of that boy
he is very storbon i think he gun down man in his 68.5 from east and he fight with one woman i think he may bee 36 from east too now he is shirring tofi which is $ 4.8 man from east brought it and he told one of my friend that it is a test
you know i send his fon no. to some peoples some time ago but that time they thing it was a joke now the boy is growing small small and many peoples are in his group

do you want to join that group?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 11:23am On Dec 15, 2012
Jackobite: hmmm the everly strong redboy keep panting for more!!!
I Hacked:

noting is happening to that boy bro he is very strong and rooming around with full HD things in his bag
you have to see this bag but me the fearfulness of his face am afraid of that boy
he is very storbon i think he gun down man in his 68.5 from east and he fight with one woman i think he may bee 36 from east too now he is shirring tofi which is $ 4.8 man from east brought it and he told one of my friend that it is a test
you know i send his fon no. to some peoples some time ago but that time they thing it was a joke now the boy is growing small small and many peoples are in his group

do you want to join that group?

U guys got me cracking up there. U wont kill me with laughter. Loools. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@I Hacked, thought some people are looking for you somewhere on the board?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Slapel: 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2012
NewCastle Vs ManCity live on RDV.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2012
Pidzo:
MYTV is working 100%. You need to check your dish setup wink

Tanks @pidzo,u remain my guru
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2012
At all in d house,wanna track dis amos/w3c on my 2m pan dish.What lnb is advisable to use ku or c band.TankS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by profsomebody(m): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2012
PALZ, PLS HELP ME O. MY STRONG 4669X STOPPED WORKING AND I HAVE TRIED UPDATING IT BT NO 69X SOFTWARE WORKD 4 IT. I HEARD D SOFTWARE 4 MINE Z A DIFFERENT ONE 4RM DAT OF D OLD 69Xs. Pls, help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TSHIRT(m): 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
PLS I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT:MY T-LINK 900HD DECODER,WHEN POWER ON WILL SHOW POWER ON INDICATOR (RED LIGHT)AND SIGNAL ON INDICATOR(GREEN LIGHT) BUT NO BOOTHING,NO DISPLAY ON D DECODER FRONT PANEL,AND NO DISPLAY ON TV.SO FAR, NO ONE HAS GOTTEN ANY SOLUTION TO D PROBLEM.PLS HELP WAKE MY DECODER
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kelechi55: 12:36am On Dec 16, 2012
pls house i really need ur help, my strong4669x just stop working on dongle and i notce that options is no longer showing on the manul side pls what will i do to bring option back. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Xpset: 1:39am On Dec 16, 2012
hello house pls hoe can l upgrade str 4652 it has no USB port like the normal str.

thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:50am On Dec 16, 2012
kelechi55: pls house i really need ur help, my strong4669x just stop working on dongle and i notce that options is no longer showing on the manul side pls what will i do to bring option back. thanks

Looks like u got infected by the mytv/strong bug. Just look for a receiver that still has options menu and do a receiver to receiver upgrade.
Or use a usb to downgrade ur receiver to another version other than version 300p. Then go to OTA menu on your installations sub menu and change it to ''user'' and to another satellite other than intelsat 7/10. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:54am On Dec 16, 2012
Xpset: hello house pls hoe can l upgrade str 4652 it has no USB port like the normal str.

thank you

Two option; do a receiver to receiver transfer with another 4652 or

Do a pc to receiver upgrade using a crossed cable. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:58am On Dec 16, 2012
okoegualek: At all in d house,wanna track dis amos/w3c on my 2m pan dish.What lnb is advisable to use ku or c band.TankS

Any ku lnb should do. The bird has high signal level and is not hard to get. Use 12562 h 30000 and then blindscan. wink wink wink
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:03am On Dec 16, 2012
profsomebody: PALZ, PLS HELP ME O. MY STRONG 4669X STOPPED WORKING AND I HAVE TRIED UPDATING IT BT NO 69X SOFTWARE WORKD 4 IT. I HEARD D SOFTWARE 4 MINE Z A DIFFERENT ONE 4RM DAT OF D OLD 69Xs. Pls, help

Stopped working as in how? Are u sure its not a power board problem? If its power, u dont solve it by software upgrade. (not all rx problems are rectified by upgrade)

Looks like yours is a new 69x. All 69x use same software. The difference is if its an original or fake machine. If fake, look for another fake one and do a rx to rx transfer.
If no show, try a pc transfer.
If no result yet, den go see a good electrician. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kelechi55: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2012
olenyi:

Looks like u got infected by the mytv/strong bug. Just look for a receiver that still has options menu and do a receiver to receiver upgrade.
Or use a usb to downgrade ur receiver to another version other than version 300p. Then go to OTA menu on your installations sub menu and change it to ''user'' and to another satellite other than intelsat 7/10. Regards.
I thank u very much my oga, but pls what and what do i need to the receiver to receiver upgrade or were to download the version 300p software. thanks and happy sunday
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by banysat(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2012
olenyi:

Inverto is inverto. What u need is to get the one with the lowest noise factor u can find for ku, that is 0.3, 0.2, 0.1, etc.

And it also good to use like dual or quad view. It helps so u can connect many decoders at once without going to touch ur dish later. Regards.

Its also good to point out here for people who don't know that ideally, when it comes to lnb's, a lower noise figure points to better performance. Eg a ku lnb of 0.1 is better than one rated 0.3. Likewise a c band lnb of 13k is better than one with 17k.

Though we've discovered here from experience, experiments, and from other forums, dat most of the dubious manufacturers just stamp a lower noise figure on their lnb's in other to sale their products.

Thank you very much Brother Olenyi i really appreciated your valuable information.
Regards
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2012
banysat:

Thank you very much Brother Olenyi i really appreciated your valuable information.
Regards

@Banysat. Thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2012
kelechi55:
I thank u very much my oga, but pls what and what do i need to the receiver to receiver upgrade or were to download the version 300p software. thanks and happy sunday

Seems u didn't get my post. I said

olenyi:

use a usb to downgrade ur receiver to another version other than version 300p.

Anyway, u need a rs232 cable. This is how to build one (curtesy of the MOD)

twinstaiye: HOW TO BUILD AN RS 232 CABLE

Go to the guys selling computer parts. Buy an rs 232 cable (as shown in Diagram 1). You can take the picture along with you for them to understand. Both ends of the cable should be female (with holes) See attached diagram. The connections will be

pin 2-----------------------------------pin 3
pin 3-----------------------------------pin 2
pin 5-----------------------------------pin 5

Though it may be difficult for you to physically know what connects to what, i will give you my own style.

Take a cutter (or knife, pliers) and cut your cable into 2 at the midpoint (middle), you will find 9 coloured cables including a naked one. You will only need the Green, Orange, Red and the naked cable. Connects it like this at both ends.

END 1 END 2

Red ------> connects to <----------- Orange
Orange ------> connects to <----------- Red
Green -----> connects to <----------- Green
Naked wire ------> connects to <----------- Naked wire

If you connect it well, then you are good to go. (make sure you cover the connected ends with cello tape before you destroy your decoder oooo)

Check the diagram for more details.

However, if your own cable is different, you will need a Multimeter (in the diagram) to test the cable to actually determine pin 2, 3 and 5 then you cross it as is shown in the diagram. How do you test? Alright, Turn the multimeter in such a way as if you are testing for the resistance of the cable e.g. 2k, then connect one end of your Multimeter to pin 2 (second hole from right) (see pin diagram 1 -5, 6 – 9) and then the other end of the meter, use it to touch each ends of the coloured cables to test. If there is a deflection(analog) or value (for digital) , then you know that is the cable for that particular hole (pin 2) . Do the same to determine pin 3 and 5. The naked cable is easy to see. You can then connect the cable to your decoder and PC to start the transfer.

Moderator's Comments
Please if the above assist you greatly, pay for it by doing a token of 'thank you' to Baba_Egun on FTA Forum i.e https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.0.html

Then get a compartible rx as ur's and connect them together. Switch on the good one and go to MENU = system settings sub menu = data transfer. Select firmware transfer and allow to initialise. Then switch one the second rx and allow to download. And, Viola, ur rx is as good as new.

NB: DONT TRY DIS WITH PHCN. USE GENERATOR!!!!

Regards.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2012
olenyi:

Stopped working as in how? Are u sure its not a power board problem? If its power, .
If no result yet, den go see a good electrician. Regards.
A good electrician might not be those that repaired tv but those that can fixed DVD & other player component but ask him to check if the power supply if no that power problem, if not that is board issues if you are in lagos or ibadan u hav a safe zone on ur pocket!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ochendo2012: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2012
@ALL
Voting is in progress 4 Guru of the year. Lets vote to encourage strong participation in the forum. Vote here: https://www.nairaland.com/1122383/voting-progress-satellite-tv-technology. Just mention 1 name only.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 5:03pm On Dec 16, 2012
Ochendo2012: @ALL
Voting is in progress 4 Guru of the year. Lets vote to encourage strong participation in the forum. Vote here: https://www.nairaland.com/1122383/voting-progress-satellite-tv-technology. Just mention 1 name only.

Dear ochendo2012, pls dont go about posting dis allover the place. Granted dat u're trying to encourage people to participate in the voting, but it kind of doesn't look good openning up one thread after another only to see the same post by the same person all over the place.
I believe one post should be enough as by-the-way, the voting thread is there for all that opens the board to see.
No slight intended pls. Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
Well, I think he's just trying 2 create awareness about d thread 'cos many pple are not even aware of it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ochendo2012: 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2012
olenyi:

Dear ochendo2012, pls dont go about posting dis allover the place. Granted dat u're trying to encourage people to participate in the voting, but it kind of doesn't look good openning up one thread after another only to see the same post by the same person all over the place.
I believe one post should be enough as by-the-way, the voting thread is there for all that opens the board to see.
No slight intended pls. Regards.
sorry if u r offended. but have u seen that less than 30 people made nominations? reason? pple don't know about this. Posting in 2 places about this is 'all over the place'? avoid unnecesarry criticism bro so that we all progress. respect to u though.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2012
4 those havn problems wth kktv try this symbol rate 03050

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53