Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:30 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5589540 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (2357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infgost234(m): 7:05am On Aug 30, 2011
@all, pls for how much can i get a 90cm dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omokoaustine(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2011
greatest fta's i am confuse about this premium hd lnb, is there any difference between de single, twin and quad type becos de guy that track nilesat is always talking about de premium2 hd which is de quad type. pls let de house know cos i have de single of it which i bought 8h in onitsha

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2011
omokoaustine:

greatest fta's i am confuse about this premium hd lnb, is there any difference between de single, twin and quad type becos de guy that track nilesat is always talking about de premium2 hd which is de quad type. pls let de house know cos i have de single of it which i bought 8h in onitsha

There is no need for you to be confused,the premium hd 2 lnb has varieties as you mentioned yourself in your
statement.If your single lnb you have with you is premium hd 2,you are free to track nilesat. The difference in the likes of twin or quad type
of premium hd 2 lnb is that with those,you have option to connect X number of receivers (2 or 3 etc, ) according to Twin or Quad type of lnb.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omokoaustine(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2011
ftadream:

There is no need for you to be confused,the premium hd 2 lnb has varieties as you mentioned yourself in your
statement.If your single lnb you have with you is premium hd 2,you are free to track nilesat. The difference in the likes of twin or quad type
of premium hd 2 lnb is that with those,you have option to connect X number of receivers (2 or 3 etc, ) according to Twin or Quad type of lnb.

i saw de difference now, de one have with me here is just premium hd but de one u post is premium2 hd. E clear now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2011
i did all i could to track w6, but no way, Wit my 1.8m pan, i was able to get 36degree, 33 and 28 but 21.6 didn't work. My lnb is at 2o'clock, Is there any thing i'm missing? Thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
williams85:

i did all i could to track w6, but no way,  Wit my 1.8m pan, i was able to get 36degree, 33 and 28 but 21.6 didn't work. My lnb is at 2o'clock,  Is there any thing i'm missing? Thank you

Well I don't know how you went about your set up but I think this picture can help you out,your default lnb should be on W6 21.5 E.
Your lnb should be in between 8 to 9 o'clock.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 30, 2011
i see most of u guys still make a lot of mistakes in trying to explain setting up modules to others. u must learn and know that if ur lnbf in maiduguri is positioned at 5.00 clock for w3a, it doesnt mean that if i do same in bauchi i would get same result. it some times varies. i discovered this long agoould get same result. it some times varies. i discovered this long ago
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
ses 5/astra 4b orbital position @ 5degrees east to be launched at 4th quarter of 2011, with 24 c band transponder ,36 ku band transponders to provide direct to home broadcasting and vsat in europe and africa,its expected life time 15 yrs.(www.satbeams.com/satellites?id=2488) (www.ses-worldskies.com/worldskies/satellites/fleet/ses-5/index.php) (www.itweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32138:ses-astra-commits-african-market&catid=260:telecoms&ltemid=59)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2011
astra 4b - 5degrees east c band coverage

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 1:42am On Aug 31, 2011
wetin matta wit dis new satellites na weda dem go be awoof. Else, na just for information purposes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olawale86(m): 4:26am On Aug 31, 2011
@all pls i need you pple help on how to re-foil my 2.4m dish pls?@all pls i need you pple help on how to re-foil my 2.4m dish pls?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VicMaxx: 5:23am On Aug 31, 2011
We actually have DSTV software which is used to watch my channels on a computer. But we are giving it out free to only those that patronise us. Check this out.

100 users can now share a single desktop computer, each of them working independently of the other, using our virtual desktops.
You save 95% on power consumption, cost, mobility and internet bandwidth.

Secure your computer, USB hard drive and flash drive with password security.

Get training and materials to earn international certification from Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia. etc.

Get serial keys, product keys and cracks from us to unlock the full version of any software that asks you for product key or product registration.

Check out VICMAXX Concept on facebook and see our info for more exciting offers.

VicMaxx Concepts- 07032046840, 07056692315, vmconcept@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sathob(m): 7:46am On Aug 31, 2011
I wish all muslim brothers a HAPPY HAPPY sallah. stay blessed I wish you all JAH'S blessings with wisdom and keys to discovering and unlocking the secreet and closed doors of FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by daomi(m): 12:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hello house, pls help me wt the tp of go africa and tv malagasy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
@daomi,
Last time I checked, TV Malagasy was on this tp: 10976h, 3333sr. As for Go Africa they keep changing satellites and I'm not sure where they are at present.

Hope this helps?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infgost234(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ALL GURUS IN THE HOUSE, Can I share one smart card btw multiple decoders?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Peroluv(m): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hi all, have try my best to nail w6@ 21.6E but no success. My dish size is 100cm, my location is delta state, south south. Who has ever succeeded nailing w6, were is ur location, ur dish size and the strongest tp u use. Pls help me o, am dying since d**gi refuse to bark.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
Atlantic bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R) @7° WEST :: DOWNLINK COVERAGES

provisional coverages posted on, http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/7w-ab7_popd.html

Details:
56 active Ku-band transponders to provide services to Middle East, Gulf states, North Africa and North-West Africa

ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 :: 7° WEST :: DOWNLINK COVERAGES
Provisional Target MENA Coverage

Provisional Target NWA coverage

Astrium will launch Atlantic Bird 7 satellite (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R) on 22nd Septmber.
If launch is successful, Atlantic Bird 7 will than replace Atlantic bird 4A @ 7 degrees West end of October 2011.
Eutelsat will then redeploy the Atlantic Bird 4A satellite currently @ 7 degrees West to the Group's premium broadcasting neighbourhood at 13 degrees East, where it will revert to its original name of Hot Bird 10. Eutelsat has been operating Atlantic Bird 4A at 7 degrees West since March 2009 as part of the first phase of boosting broadcasting capacity at this neighborhood.

List of Channels to soon migrate from Atlantic bird 4A to Atlantic bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R), http://www.lyngsat.com/ab4a.html
More FTA,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Kungu,good info bro.I like your postings both here and RDI BOARD.Keep the job going
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
Peroluv:

Hi all, have try my best to nail w6@ 21.6E but no success. My dish size is 100cm, my location is delta state, south south. Who has ever succeeded nailing w6, were is your location, your dish size and the strongest tp u use. Pls help me o, am dying since d**gi refuse to bark.
@ All, can you see the consequences of jujubox (do**le or dogshit)? If one have not rellied on that jujubox or dogshit and have done his home work very well by installing those free channels that plays football match, one wouldn't have been frustrated looking for channel where to watch football match or other programs. There is no program on paytv that one cannot get free from fta channels unless if the person does n't want to work it out and that is why this thread is created; to help people.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
D.lee:

@ All, can you see the consequences of jujubox (do**le or dogshit)? If one have not rellied on that jujubox or dogshit and have done his home work very well by installing those free channels that plays football match, one wouldn't have been frustrated looking for channel where to watch football match or other programs. There is no program on paytv that one cannot get free from fta channels unless if the person does n't want to work it out and that is why this thread was created; to help people.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by infofta(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
Still on super lnbs. Has anyone compared Technomate 0.1db lnb with other hd lnbs?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DARELESTIN(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2011
Goodnews 2 all dat use d**g, d new software wil b out very soon. I mean very very soon confirmed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2011
D.lee:

@ Petfun4u, what I meant was, what was the signal strength when you tracked with fuji lnbf? Does it have the same signal strength with premium 2 hd lnbf or less signal strength? I just want to know weither premium 2 hd lnbf is far better than fuji because I have stargold fuji lnbf.

The signal strength of the PREMIUM SUPER HD LNB is better than FUJI. I tried the two but I rather ask you to use the Premium. You can see the pictures attached.

figment232:

@Petfun4u
How much wud it cost to buy and send the lnb to me in warri through eagle line?.i have a 2.4 net dish

I bought the LNB here in Abuja @ 1,500.

lovala:

@petfun4u:

Please, I'll like to know if it is possible for me to send you the money to get me the HD PREMIUN 2 LNB there in Abuja and send leave it with a friend there in abuja who can then post it to me here in Yaounde Cameroon. I'd be very greatful. My e-mail is lovala@yahoo.com for futher discussions. If I am not wrong then the lnb should be this:
Since your friend is here in Abuja it is very easy for him to get it. I bought my own at Neighborhood Plaza. Remain blessed

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 10:21am On Sep 01, 2011
D.lee:

@ Petfun4u, what I meant was, what was the signal strength when you tracked with fuji lnbf? Does it have the same signal strength with premium 2 hd lnbf or less signal strength? I just want to know weither premium 2 hd lnbf is far better than fuji because I have stargold fuji lnbf.

The signal strength of the PREMIUM SUPER HD LNB is better than FUJI. I tried the two but I rather ask you to use the Premium. You can see the pictures attached.

figment232:

@Petfun4u
How much wud it cost to buy and send the lnb to me in warri through eagle line?.i have a 2.4 net dish

I bought the LNB here in Abuja @ 1,500.

lovala:

@petfun4u:

Please, I'll like to know if it is possible for me to send you the money to get me the HD PREMIUN 2 LNB there in Abuja and send leave it with a friend there in abuja who can then post it to me here in Yaounde Cameroon. I'd be very greatful. My e-mail is lovala@yahoo.com for futher discussions. If I am not wrong then the lnb should be this:
Since your friend is here in Abuja it is very easy for him to get it. I bought my own at Neighborhood Plaza. Remain blessed

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:02am On Sep 01, 2011
Am runing out of patience in trackin w6. Plzzzz someone direct me,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2011
Am runing out of patience in trackin w6. Plzzzz someone  direct me,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by figment232(m): 12:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
@ all
its like w6 is not receivable in the south -south.i also tried in vain to track it on sunday with my 2.4mesh dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
@figment232,
@Ellahdarrell,

Eutelsat W6 behaves more like an out-of-footprint bird here in the south-south therefore you may need
a good solid dish at least 1.8m to track. With a 2.4m mesh, you can only hope to get Arryadia 2 or 2M National (11653V, 15714sr) up to 50% signal quality max and that would be in very clear weather.

One tip: If you're really serious in tracking W6, try and do so in the mornings between the hours of 8am to 12pm. The signal is always better by then.

Just thought you should know.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ciscostaz: 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
ftadream:

Well I don't know how you went about your set up but I think this picture can help you out,your default lnb should be on W6 21.5 E.
Your lnb should be in between 8 to 9 o'clock.

Please ftadream, Could you post more of the 90cm dish pictures with the 4-lnb Holder. It is a lovely one. Also which part of the country are you?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
petfun4u:

The signal strength of the PREMIUM SUPER HD LNB is better than FUJI. I tried the two but I rather ask you to use the Premium. You can see the pictures attached@
@ Petfun4u, initially you said that it was premium 2 hd lnbf that you used which you uploaded its picture here and now you are talking of premium super hd which the picture is here too. Are you saying that premium super hd is better than premium 2 hd lnbf ? Please elaborate more.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ftadream: 2:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
Hi Petfun4u,can you please furnish us with pictures of your recent work on nilesat with premium 2 hd lnb as you promise if you don't mind,
because I need it to confirm some few questioning.

To Ciscostaz
ciscostaz:

Please ftadream, Could you post more of the 90cm dish pictures with the 4-lnb Holder. It is a lovely one. Also which part of the country are you?
My brother for more details about the pictures please kindly follow this link and read through out and you will have better understanding.
                                            https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-562419.0.html.
I also quote George-D:                                                     
George_D:

Eutelsat W6 behaves more like an out-of-footprint bird here in the south-south therefore you may need a good solid dish at least 1.8m to track.

With a 2.4m mesh, you can only hope to get Arryadia 2 or 2M National (11653V, 15714sr) up to 50% signal quality max and that would be in very clear weather.
One tip: If you're really serious in tracking W6, try and do so in the mornings between the hours of 8am to 12pm. The signal is always better by then.
Just thought you should know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (2357) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.