Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5438079 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by permie(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
Anybody who knows how to overcome c-band interference from mobile phone communication masts since i hit maximum quality but fluctuating to zero now and the and it seem to affect low symbol rates mostly.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yinka4dad(m): 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
Please what is the solution to this mbc going on ku band around 4pm-11pm and coming back from 11pm - 4pm pls I need response if we move to 1m will it solve the problem cos I don't want to go for c band
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by damorac: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
HOW CAN I USE AVERTA
WITH SRT 4330?
HOW CAN I UPDATE THE
SOFTWARE ON SRT 4330?
PLEAS I NEED YOUR HELP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
old pas/10 or Intelsat10 is now @47.5east...12602V27500 BEAM EUROPE/AFRICA from flysat, http://www.flysat.com/is10.php grin grin grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
George_D: @Adex,

See below pix. The STRONG K5 LNB that did the trick.

Remember to remove the blue plastic cover to check inside the throat.

The number is always engraved on the far wall inside.

You may even be lucky to get a K6 instead of K5 like myself!
pls did u receive any nilesat tp on ur ku lnb and also did u cover both c bands lnb with d plastic cover?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by damorac: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2013
damorac:
HOW CAN I USE AVERTA
WITH SRT 4330?
HOW CAN I UPDATE THE
SOFTWARE ON SRT 4330?
PLEAS I NEED YOUR HELP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
I used dis TP 11155 v 45000 on Amos to track infinity bt it does show picture. Pls what is d correct TP to track infinity channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
ayolacz: calis,check again from your receiver the symbol rate u posted for eutelsat 16E. Is it 29950 or 30000,because lyngsat says 30000. I want to tack the bird tomorrow
THE 2 SR ARE DSAME.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:33am On Mar 11, 2013
@George d i got the lnbs as i said idid not see original supermax so i buy str k5 and another one supersat heavy and costly than k5 difference of 500 naira. but after fixing it the k5did not green the supersat gave me !70% on aljazeera 68e with teflon inside but all the rest sat no green pls exlain
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 5:43am On Mar 11, 2013
Yomkris: @ all the gurus, weldone,
pls i want to know how i can do rf extension from a decoder in the siting room to tvs in 3 or more rooms of thesame house/ compound.. Pls i have tried but i noticed that d rooms that ar far from d decoder doesnt show colourd picture and ar not clear at all. Is there anyway i can do it witout joinin wires from 1 room to another. Pls i need to know how to make it display clear coloured pictures in a far room. What are the things to use. Thanks 4ur responses.
ayolacz: go for AV modulator
Yomkris: Pls i need to know how to make it display clear coloured pictures in a far room. What are the things to use. Thanks 4ur responses.

@ayolacz , thank u 4ur response..
Pls i stil need more sugestion 4rm u gurus. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2013
@ all, please i am about to install a 1.8m for nilesat here in abuja, is it possible to get CNN C-band(Nss7) on same dish? Which other FTA birds can i add on same dish? Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2013
IRAPADA: pls did u receive any nilesat tp on ur ku lnb and also did u cover both c bands lnb with d plastic cover?

@IRAPADA,
Yes, I got the NWA beam on AB7 having Aljazeera and other channels (10992v, 27500sr). I just didn't want to
emphasise on it since my main focus was on C BAND satellites.

And yes, I covered both STRONG C band lnbs with their blue plastic cover. This is very important because from
experience if you don't cover the throat of the lnbs, eventually spiders and other insects will begin to
build nests inside them which will then lead to drop in signal quality. If you're not the patient type, you may
begin to think something is wrong with your dish alignment and you may begin to make very costly adjustments to
your dish only to find out later that there was nothing at all wrong with your dish but just spiders inside your
lnb throat that have caused you so much inconvienience!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13am On Mar 11, 2013
Adex70: @George d i got the lnbs as i said idid not see original supermax so i buy str k5 and another one supersat heavy and costly than k5 difference of 500 naira. but after fixing it the k5did not green the supersat gave me !70% on aljazeera 68e with teflon inside but all the rest sat no green pls exlain

@Adex,
I'm not familiar with that supersat lnb but I guess it must be good. However, 68E/C or Intelsat 20/C is a
linear polarised satellite and as such you should track it without a di-electric plate (teflon) inside
the lnb throat. If you're getting it with dielectric then its either what you're recieving is not that
satellite or the supersat lnb is configured differently.

I will advise that you try again using the STRONG K5 (without any dielectric) this time and see how it goes.
Adjust the lnb to the position shown in my picture on the previous page (10 O'clock position) and finetune
from there. Also remember your dish focal lenght (very important). You should be able to hit not less than
79 to 80% on Aljazeera in clear weather.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Yomkris:

@ayolacz , thank u 4ur response..
Pls i stil need more sugestion 4rm u gurus. Thanks

Hello Yomkris,
I think what you need is a signal booster. An AV to RF modulator is used mostly for decoders without RF
output and even though it performs better for long range video transmission, it cannot take the place of
a standard signal booster.

What you do, go to any satellite equipment shop (even DSTV shops) and ask them for a signal booster.
Connect the RF output of the decoder in the sitting room to the input of the signal booster. Then connect
the input cable of each of the TVs in the rooms to the output of the signal booster. Turn on the booster
and you'll be fine. Remember to assign different UHF channels to each decoder before
connecting them to the booster.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2013
n9jaboy: @ all, please i am about to install a 1.8m for nilesat here in abuja, is it possible to get CNN C-band(Nss7) on same dish? Which other FTA birds can i add on same dish? Thanks

@n9jaboy,

Yes. It depends on whether you want to motorize the dish or not. If it will be motorised, all you need is
to add a C band lnb on top of your KU lnb and you'll be able to get CNN and other channels on C band satellites.

Check the previous page to see pictures of a 3-in-1 set up.

However, if the dish is to be a fixed one, you'll need a different type of lnb arrangement. This is mostly common
in the north close to where you live. The LNBs are arranged along the lenght of one of the dish tripods following
the arc. I have seen pictures where peeps use this arrangement to recieve up to seven different satellites
in a fixed position. Unfortunately I don't have a ready picture to upload for you right away.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2013
zobo-i-zee:
Hello odilibe, pls do you know any box in the class of dreambox 8000hd dvd pvr in faetures but lesser in price. I have tiger t series on mind presently but far lesser in class.
Look for technomate 800hd enigma2 linux open source satellite receiver, it is more cheaper than dreambox and can run enigma2grin grin....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:01am On Mar 11, 2013
odilibe: old pas/10 or Intelsat10 is now @47.5east...12602V27500 BEAM EUROPE/AFRICA from flysat, http://www.flysat.com/is10.php grin grin grin grin
CAN SOME1 GET IT WITH 60CM DISH?JUST CONFIRM THE SIZE OF DISH.TNX.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by calis2: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2013
Pls house,I want to know the best satellite to track between BADR(4,5,6) 26'EAST and NILESAT.7'WEST.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by agyengo(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2013
damorac:
HOW CAN I USE AVERTA
WITH SRT 4330?
HOW CAN I UPDATE THE
SOFTWARE ON SRT 4330?
PLEAS I NEED YOUR HELP
u need a software before u can use...thnk u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by n9jaboy: 11:06am On Mar 11, 2013
George_D:

@n9jaboy,

Yes. It depends on whether you want to motorize the dish or not. If it will be motorised, all you need is
to add a C band lnb on top of your KU lnb and you'll be able to get CNN and other channels on C band satellites.

Check the previous page to see pictures of a 3-in-1 set up.

However, if the dish is to be a fixed one, you'll need a different type of lnb arrangement. This is mostly common
in the north close to where you live. The LNBs are arranged along the lenght of one of the dish tripods following
the arc. I have seen pictures where peeps use this arrangement to recieve up to seven different satellites
in a fixed position. Unfortunately I don't have a ready picture to upload for you right away.

Thank you Oga George_D, Its goin to be fixed @NILESAT position. i;ve seen the pics you posted. I tried to inquire but the installers i met are only interested in nailing mytv and dstv. I read past post especially ones from Petfun4u (even using a 1m dish 4 nilesat)He has not been active on this forum but from my understanding he stays in abuja, will contact him. Thanks for making out time to reply
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Theloveth(m): 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nice job guys
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Gurus in da house what is the best tp to track mytv.i want to track it by 4 pm.plz do answer me
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by damorac: 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
agyengo: u need a software before u can use...thnk u

Which software do I need and what is the link? Pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
sir George_d i have been following your pics & post about C Band signals, i say more grease to your elbow sir & viva Fta pls help me with Cband TP of RTP i /RTP Afria.bcus i want to use Cband LNB to track them on 90CM Dish ,i have reconstructed the lnb holder already to hold CBand lnb.waiting for your response.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesmac1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
odilibe: old pas/10 or Intelsat10 is now @47.5east...12602V27500 BEAM EUROPE/AFRICA from flysat, http://www.flysat.com/is10.php grin grin grin grin
Strong signal here in Nigeria. It seems to be almost the same package as on Amos 5, 12416 V.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Yomkris(m): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
George_D:

Hello Yomkris,
I think what you need is a signal booster. An AV to RF modulator is used mostly for decoders without RF
output and even though it performs better for long range video transmission, it cannot take the place of
a standard signal booster.

What you do, go to any satellite equipment shop (even DSTV shops) and ask them for a signal booster.
Connect the RF output of the decoder in the sitting room to the input of the signal booster. Then connect
the input cable of each of the TVs in the rooms to the output of the signal booster. Turn on the booster
and you'll be fine. Remember to assign different UHF channels to each decoder before
connecting them to the booster.
thanks alot. I really apreciate ur response
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
kd10: sir George_d i have been following your pics & post about C Band signals, i say more grease to your elbow sir & viva Fta pls help me with Cband TP of RTP i /RTP Afria.bcus i want to use Cband LNB to track them on 90CM Dish ,i have reconstructed the lnb holder already to hold CBand lnb.waiting for your response.thanks

@kd10,
Use 3838V 7235sr. Remember this is a circular polarised satellite so you need to insert a dielectric
inside the lnb throat.

Although, I'm a bit curious as to how you hope to track this sat with a 90cm dish, I know in FTA anything
is possible so please go ahead and when you're done share your experience with the house. Viva FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
George_D:

@kd10,
Use 3838V 7235sr. Remember this is a circular polarised satellite so you need to insert a dielectric
inside the lnb throat.

Although, I'm a bit curious as to how you hope to track this sat with a 90cm dish, I know in FTA anything
is possible so please go ahead and when you're done share your experience with the house. Viva FTA!!!

@ George_d Actually Gadotor has done it b4 in Kumasi & post about it here.i will keep house posted when am done. Big Tnks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ George_d Actually Gadotor has done it b4 in Kumasi & post about it here.i will keep house posted when am done @George_d i forget to ask u of the Sat Name/ East or West?let me also say that am going through this format bcus the RTP Africa/RTP i" on Intelsat Newdawn 33e is Scrambled so i don't know where else to get it FTA on KU Band but if you know sir share with me,i hope you understand. waiting for your response.thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kosemanik: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pls house if i ON my strong 4922 it will show red light and off again b4 showing on d scren im watch MYTV AND MULTI TV HELP ME
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
@ All, 12.322 H 23.437 is now operational on eutelsat w4/7 @ 36 degress east.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
Kosemanik: Pls house if i ON my strong 4922 it will show red light and off again b4 showing on d scren im watch MYTV AND MULTI TV HELP ME
Could you state you problem in more clear terms. it is ttrue that when you power the 4922 series a red light bips followed by the usual pannel light (yellow dashes) of the rx then what next?

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (2351) (Reply)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50