Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5445791 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
Okay, oga Goerge_D has answered you yet.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olayinkaoj(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
ayolacz: It is better when u make Amos5/w3c ur primary lnb and multi tv lnb on top.

My people have gone haywire o. Multi-tv (28E) on Amos5 (17E)? 11 degrees apart. Lets someone try it and give us a report. I promise good prizes await the successful ''tracker''
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
George_D: @lovala,
Some channels on Amos 5 are transient, i.e they are here today and gone tomorrow. Examples are DD india and Ifilm.
They were there for a while but suddenly disappeared. If the channels you're talking about falls within this category,
even if you blindscan till tomorrow you may not be able to get them again irrespective of what type of reciever
you use for the blindscan.

Hope this helps?
Hello king George, long time. My problem with that set of channels is that I can't tell whether they are HD or not because while it was passing at my friends decoder which is a technosat HD decoder it will be picked up by t he blindscan at my end and even show green but with no channels popping up. Any which ways sha, thankx all d same. I hope they get tru dia test transmission phase and get stable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
Multi tv had added one new channel called ECN rescan you tp,thank you

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
You can now watch emmanuel tv live channel too on real tv now,thank you T.B JOSHUA

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

My people have gone haywire o. Multi-tv (28E) on Amos5 (17E)? 11 degrees apart. Lets someone try it and give us a report. I promise good prizes await the successful ''tracker''

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
lovala:
Hello king George, long time. My problem with that set of channels is that I can't tell whether they are HD or not because while it was passing at my friends decoder which is a technosat HD decoder it will be picked up by t he blindscan at my end and even show green but with no channels popping up. Any which ways sha, thankx all d same. I hope they get tru dia test transmission phase and get stable.

@lovala,

Sometimes when a particular channel exits a TP, the satellite provider does not switch off that transponder
immediately. They may still leave it on for a while. Maybe a few days, a few weeks or even months. But eventually
the service provider then switches it off and it goes red. All that time whereby the TP was left on, it can still be tracked
with any compliant decoder - provided it is configured properly. However since the channel has left the TP, there will be
nothing to display even if the signal quality is as high as 100%.
Different service providers have different reaction times regarding switching off transponders following the
exit of stations previously hosted by them.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
freshp:
@George_D
I did try to nail the bird today with out success . . .does it have to do with my C-Band LNB-F (inserted die-electric?),because i noticed i find it difficult nailing birds with R and L cyclic polarities. more information needed here.

@freshp,
Intelsat 904 is a circular polarised satellite and as such you need a di-electric inserted in the LNB throat
to track it.

After ensuring you have inserted the di-electric plate properly, change R to V on your decoder.
Thus the frequency for Channels TV becomes 3745v 18313sr.

Try tracking again and see how it goes.

P.S: Remember the LNB skew should be in the 10 o' clock position, facing EAST.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by vicyear4us(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
sokopion:

Redline box is FTA box i mean it support all FTA channels 4 example.all mpeg2.all mpeg4,all HD channels
it also have web applications like youtube.sport.sport give you latest score line up and many more.it is a complete decoder.

for example strong SRT 4902 or srt 4922 all that you can use this box for Redline will also do all .but redline is more advance than this box.for example if you crate satellite name Intelsat 25 Redline will make it 2 automatic 1 for cband and one for ku band with redline it support 3g modem direct and many web aplications than strong box and the pictur is good to me.and mine come with free gift

but now i have problem with 36 e but my seller told me it will work so am waiting.but 68.5 is ok and 22w some of them are ok but not all for now.IPTV is ok and working good but here you need tigo unlimited internet to go
if you have that like i do then you will really enjoy it than any box now but if you dont have that hmm pay as you go will not help you on IPTV side .then you need to watch satellite

for now all the box that we have on market in my region here Redline is top of all
if you as me my rating, Redline is far best than all strong decoders we have now and multitv decoder can not come near redline .and it is good to me than orton 403x .

you can also still google for more info
Thanks alot my brother for assistance, how can i get it and how much is it. pls can i get BF on it. THANKS once again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lovala(m): 2:54am On Mar 22, 2013
SULIEMAN3: try this 11006v/h29999 but am not sure about its polarity. Am not @ home now to comfirm.

@SULIEMAN3:
Thankx Sulieman, but that tp brings out the ait bouquet instead of the test tranmission from Ghana.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 6:00am On Mar 22, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,

Imagine watching Channels TV, Soundcity Premium, Silverbird TV, etc free without having to unscramble big brother!

I always felt bad seeing these channels being broadcast as FTA in other parts of the world even north africa whereas we had to pay to watch them here. Always thought charity should begin at home.

Lets hope they stay FTA for long.

With the coming of amos 5, ab7, turksat 2a, etc, i believe these guys are now realising the heightened satellite awareness and potential market opportunities inherent in this part of africa and are gearing up to give our almighty BB a run for their money. grin

Let the monopoly stop and the competitions begin. We'll all be the better for it. wink

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:53am On Mar 22, 2013
Srt4940hd cant even gv an ordinary consat package on 11131v45000 @17e,imagine @67% d signal flunctuates thereby nt gvn any picture.what a bad decoder, what a waste of money,what a terrible decoder to av
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kingmayah: 8:48am On Mar 22, 2013
sundayakasdy:

guy if u need the software to wake ur fake decorder callme and i will send it 4u.
..@sundayakasdy..aka SDY.. Guy dos he hv to call u to help him?.. Abaa! jst ask of his e-mail and wire it to him. cos I kw the nex tin is to ask him 4 money and all d bullshit dt follows.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by swordswifter: 9:40am On Mar 22, 2013
roman001: Srt4940hd cant even gv an ordinary consat package on 11131v45000 @17e,imagine @67% d signal flunctuates thereby nt gvn any picture.what a bad decoder, what a waste of money,what a terrible decoder to av

Roman001,
If other channels are stable, then check these things. Usually we forget we've laid substandard cables on our African Sun for years and with time they will degrade. Change your cables if you fall in that category. Next is you change the diseqc port of your diseqc switch if the issue still persists. There is a certain setting people usually put their stbs on that burns out the diseqc ports a lot faster than they should. Will talk more about that later. The third thing to look at if all these steps fail is to change your LNB. By this time this issue should not be a problem anymore give that your dish has been positioned just right between w3c and Amos 5k. Keep researching and you'll learn more. Have a good day.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2013
olenyi:

I always felt bad seeing these channels being broadcast as FTA in other parts of the world even north africa whereas we had to pay to watch them here. Always thought charity should begin at home.

Lets hope they stay FTA for long.

With the coming of amos 5, ab7, turksat 2a, etc, i believe these guys are now realising the heightened satellite awareness and potential market opportunities inherent in this part of africa and are gearing up to give our almighty BB a run for their money. grin

Let the monopoly stop and the competitions begin. We'll all be the better for it. wink

Regards.

@olenyi,
Exactly my thoughts. When you look all over the arc from Intelsat 902, 906, NSS7, etc, you will see the Kenyan Mux, Ugandan Mux,
and all sorts of targeted packages designed to cater to local viewing population for those catchment areas. I always wondered
why we couldn't have something like that packaged for our country. But thank God it is here at last. The Nigerian Mux
must endure just like all those other packages have done for these many years now. Any attempt by big brother to muzzle this
commendable initiative will be highly resisted!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ameboperoo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
George_D:

@olenyi,
Exactly my thoughts. When you look all over the arc from Intelsat 902, 906, NSS7, etc, you will see the Kenyan Mux, Ugandan Mux,
and all sorts of targeted packages designed to cater to local viewing population for those catchment areas. I always wondered
why we couldn'tuldn't have something like that packaged for our country. But thank God it is here at last. The Nigerian Mux
must endure just like all those other packages have done for these many years now. Any attempt by big brother to muzzle this
commendable initiative will be highly resisted!
I highly second ur line of thought. But Bb is also in many of those countries. Shouldn't we look inward (as in the type of government/management we have) too? Just another line of thought share.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by freshp(m): 1:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
George_D:

@freshp,
Intelsat 904 is a circular polarised satellite and as such you need a di-electric inserted in the LNB throat
to track it.

After ensuring you have inserted the di-electric plate properly, change R to V on your decoder.
Thus the frequency for Channels TV becomes 3745v 18313sr.

Try tracking again and see how it goes.

P.S: Remember the LNB skew should be in the 10 o' clock position, facing EAST.
@George_D
i hear you loud and clear . .do you know that Intelsat 902 equally has those type of peculiar channels yet i'm nailing them with ease(i already have a die -electric inserted properly maybe my LNB scew is the problem . . i'll check that out when i get home...(posting from office)
once again thanks for aid and information. VIVA FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Jackobite(m): 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
roman001: Srt4940hd cant even gv an ordinary consat package on 11131v45000 @17e,imagine @67% d signal flunctuates thereby nt gvn any picture.what a bad decoder, what a waste of money,what a terrible decoder to av
EVEN With there branded rx is not showing or saved/scan the tp !
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 3:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
Ameboperoo: I highly second ur line of thought. But Bb is also in many of those countries. Shouldn't we look inward (as in the type of government/management we have) too? Just another line of thought share.

@George_D & Ameboperoo.

Pls dont laugh at me for asking. Just exactly what happened to our Nigcomsat? grin (am even laughing at myself here).

As i believe if it was functional, it should have since taken care of this anomaly of having a Nigerian mux package.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 4:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
@freship& Sir King george_d Intelsat 903 34w (3878 l 16283,3658 r 3300)has dsame 5 channels & mca nigeria & many more on it via lyngsat though i have not track them yet but i will do that very soon as my dish arrive however i want to know sir what is the meaning of( NE zone) on intesat 903 34w ,( East Hemi) on intelsat 904 60e & Intelsat 1R 50w AIt(europe/africa) remember all this Sats are CBand.pls shed more light on it sir thanks. @freship lookin forward to hear that you hit Green Viva Fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2013
kd10: @freship& Sir King george_d Intelsat 903 34w (3878 l 16283,3658 r 3300)has dsame 5 channels & mca nigeria & many more on it via lyngsat though i have not track them yet but i will do that very soon as my dish arrive however i want to know sir what is the meaning of( NE zone) on intesat 903 34w ,( East Hemi) on intelsat 904 60e & Intelsat 1R 50w AIt(europe/africa) remember all this Sats are CBand.pls shed more light on it sir thanks. @freship lookin forward to hear that you hit Green Viva Fta.

NE means north east zone. It also applies to other zones with similar abbreviations.

To know if u're covered by a beam on lyngsat or flysat, click on the beam name (eg NE zone), and a map will be displayed for u where u see if ur location is covered or not.

From the above, u'll notice that the said satellites and dia beams didn't cover this parts. Dats why all the buzz.

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
Jackobite: EVEN With there branded rx is not showing or saved/scan the tp !
av noticed dt 45000 symbol rate is nt workn wth 4940hd .infinity n consat ar both 45000 n bth signals unstable
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2013
@kd10,
olenyi is right. Even though those same packages have existed on Intelsat 903 at 34W for such a long time,
they were placed on the North Eastern beam which covers Europe, Asia, etc excluding West Africa. By doing
this, the service providers never meant for us to be able to track them. However, those same channels are
now on Intelsat 904 at 60E. Not only that, they have been placed on the Western Hermisphere which covers
every part of this country. Not only that, they are free! That, my brother is the reason for the
hulabaloooo! smiley grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by olenyi: 8:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

@olanyinkaoj.

After following developments in here, u still felt something like dat is so out of this world, dat it cant be done.

Around here, we dont know anything called impossible. Only those things guys here have not put their minds to. Dats our unspoken policy.

I believe @profchiky's pix after ur post shows u more dan enough of what guys here can do. Literally the IMPOSSIBLE.

We do the unthinkable in here, bro. And dats a fact.

**Ps** maybe u can wire dat ur gift/prize to @profchicky. grin

Regards.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by naijaobi(m): 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Olayinkaoj:

u r a big learner bro
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 11:50am On Mar 23, 2013
@=George_D]@Olenyi thanks for this big Education & also for making urself available more grease to your elbow.@ Roman001 pls don't be too hard on your STB the Frequency you are tracking is a weak Infinity signal not consat as you earlier stated cus i have track it before meanwhile sr45000 perform very well in all 49x-z up to all Hd stbs though infinity package is currently Off air even if at 100% no pic & is stable on this freq (12115).Hope this help.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
AIT ON AMOS 5 WILL SHOW NIGERIA VS KENYA LIVE AND DIRECT 4RM CALABAR
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2013
kd10: @=George_D]@Olenyi thanks for this big Education & also for making urself available more grease to your elbow.@ Roman001 pls don't be too hard on your STB the Frequency you are tracking is a weak Infinity signal not consat as you earlier stated cus i have track it before meanwhile sr45000 perform very well in all 49x-z up to all Hd stbs though infinity package is currently Off air even if at 100% no pic & is stable on this freq (12115).Hope this help.
tnx,hw abt d sr for 12115?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by fijabi(m): 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
infinity is not off air,its more stable on their tp 11.156v 45000 with some free channels.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mide8e(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
fijabi: infinity is not off air,its more stable on their tp 11.156v 45000 with some free channels.
is popping up and down
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by platorepublic(m): 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2013
fijabi: infinity is not off air,its more stable on their tp 11.156v 45000 with some free channels.

No Audio and Picture
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by roman001: 5:04am On Mar 24, 2013
platorepublic:

No Audio and Picture
2 all wth good signal ,wot model of decoders ar u using

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.